Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:24:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bryan Micon's List of BTC Ponzi Schemes that should not be listed as "Lending"  (Read 119578 times)
Micon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2012, 09:50:56 PM

I am a 33 year old poker player. 

I have been scammed and know how to spot scams. 

I know most of you BTC kiddies are still very young.  

I should take advice from a gambler?  I think not.

You admit to have been taken in by scams, so obviously don't know how to spot them.

At 33, you are still very young.  I'm not a "kiddie" and your presumption to insult the people on this board is rather foolish.

care to re-work that statement Patrick?

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2012, 01:18:08 AM

I should take advice from a gambler?  I think not.

You admit to have been taken in by scams, so obviously don't know how to spot them.

At 33, you are still very young.  I'm not a "kiddie" and your presumption to insult the people on this board is rather foolish.

care to re-work that statement Patrick?
Sadly, it seems that the only way to learn that you can't spot a scam is to become the victim of one. Until that happens, everyone thinks they are a better judge of character than they really are. And professional gamblers, particularly Poker players, have to learn how to read people and spot scams. Patrick is 100% wrong on this. (It's not so much that people are stupid or naive. It's just that they don't realize how good con artists are at manipulating people. Education doesn't really fix that, only experience does.)

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2012, 10:44:53 PM

As wachtwoord said, an Islamic bank can't invest in a business if it doesn't know what it does with the money. This actually saved the Islamic banks from the last couple crises.

true

It would have saved many bitcoiners as well. Wink

IBB is still here Smiley Interest free banking in YOUR Interest
Out of curiosity - how do you guys survive?
dank
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
September 30, 2012, 12:55:21 AM

As wachtwoord said, an Islamic bank can't invest in a business if it doesn't know what it does with the money. This actually saved the Islamic banks from the last couple crises.

true

It would have saved many bitcoiners as well. Wink

IBB is still here Smiley Interest free banking in YOUR Interest
Out of curiosity - how do you guys survive?
Karma, of course.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 24, 2012, 07:47:58 PM

It's funny to read through the early days of this thread with people attacking Micon for starting it, and noticing how many of them have since acquired "SCAMMER" tags, PatrickHarnett being merely the first to appear in the thread and start squawking.
hgmichna

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2012, 09:38:33 PM

It's funny to read through the early days of this thread with people attacking Micon for starting it, and noticing how many of them have since acquired "SCAMMER" tags, PatrickHarnett being merely the first to appear in the thread and start squawking.

Has PatrickHarnett finally got his official SCAMMER tag?
finkleshnorts

View Profile
November 24, 2012, 09:39:39 PM

yes
hgmichna

View Profile
November 24, 2012, 09:45:30 PM

Good to know.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
November 24, 2012, 10:42:19 PM

I should take advice from a gambler?  I think not.

At 33, you are still very young.  I'm not a "kiddie" and your presumption to insult the people on this board is rather foolish.

^ Patrickhartnett is a dumbass clearly LOL!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

hgmichna

View Profile
November 24, 2012, 11:19:20 PM

^ Patrickhartnett is a dumbass clearly LOL!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Trouble is that many scammers are psychopaths, who sound extremely friendly or knowledgeable or authoritative, whatever it takes to get your money. Many of them are totally free of any inhibition to lie and manipulate.

It is a particular kind of low-life that I wish would not exist, but it does. Look at Bernard Madoff. He was well respected, even chairman of NASDAQ for a time, and a very nice person, many people said who knew him.

"Dumbass" would be a compliment for them. They are many times worse than any dumbass.
finkleshnorts

View Profile
November 24, 2012, 11:32:23 PM

^ Patrickhartnett is a dumbass clearly LOL!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Trouble is that many scammers are psychopaths, who sound extremely friendly or knowledgeable or authoritative, whatever it takes to get your money. Many of them are totally free of any inhibition to lie and manipulate.

It is a particular kind of low-life that I wish would not exist, but it does. Look at Bernard Madoff. He was well respected, even chairman of NASDAQ for a time, and a very nice person, many people said who knew him.

"Dumbass" would be a compliment for them. They are many times worse than any dumbass.

I don't think Patrick is a psychopath by any extent.
http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/capital-life/5175189/Happy-helping-the-homeless

Naive, probably. Because of his naivete and rash promises, he's between a rock and a hard place in debt. He may be bankrupt or damn near it.

And Micon was right. I'm here to eat crow and apologize to you, Bryan. P.S. I saw you on smashboards you dirty bastard Smiley
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 24, 2012, 11:32:55 PM

That argument by the Starfish is pretty telling, actually.  Admitting that it is possible for oneself to be scammed is the first step in avoiding scams.  

The kind of person who gets scammed by a long con is the kind of person who has the arrogance to assume they're "too smart to get scammed."  So when they do bite on the hook for something, whether it's something as ridiculous as a Nigerian 419 scam or something more sophisticated, their refusal to face the fact that they've been scammed encourages them to keep throwing bad money after good.

In short, the surest way to be scammed is to be sure that you're too smart to be scammed.  It's also the surest way to keep getting scammed.

If anyone would know this, it's a poker player.  Not only is the whole game about lying and catching other people lying, but the whole milieu is filled with degenerates and scammers of various kinds.  If you couldn't spot them you wouldn't have money to keep playing poker for very long.
finkleshnorts

View Profile
November 24, 2012, 11:35:29 PM

That argument by the Starfish is pretty telling, actually.  Admitting that it is possible for oneself to be scammed is the first step in avoiding scams.  

The kind of person who gets scammed by a long con is the kind of person who has the arrogance to assume they're "too smart to get scammed."  So when they do bite on the hook for something, whether it's something as ridiculous as a Nigerian 419 scam or something more sophisticated, their refusal to face the fact that they've been scammed encourages them to keep throwing bad money after good.

In short, the surest way to be scammed is to be sure that you're too smart to be scammed.  It's also the surest way to keep getting scammed.

If anyone would know this, it's a poker player.  Not only is the whole game about lying and catching other people lying, but the whole milieu is filled with degenerates and scammers of various kinds.  If you couldn't spot them you wouldn't have money to keep playing poker for very long.

+1
Micon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014

FPV Drone Pilot

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2013, 09:37:00 AM

BFL info incoming

mods maybe move to "scam accusations"

I'm flying FPV race drones these days. Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MiconFPV
hgmichna

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 11:53:32 AM

If anyone would know this, it's a poker player.  Not only is the whole game about lying and catching other people lying, …

Can't remember having lied or listened to lies while playing Poker.
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 14, 2013, 11:56:00 AM

Some people seems to dislike poker players. Most of the time they are fish at life and at the table. It's even more hilarious when they fail to understand that it's possible to be a winner on the long run yet complain when they see people calling Bitcoin a scam or whatever.
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2013, 11:57:13 AM

Some people seems to dislike poker players. Most of the time they are fish at life and at the table.

Can you explain this proverb for me? It doesn't scan in english.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
01BTC10
VIP

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 01:29:40 AM

Some people seems to dislike poker players. Most of the time they are fish at life and at the table.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fish_(poker) (Link is buggy add ')' at the end of the link)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Card_sharp
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2013, 01:31:49 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fish_(poker)

OK, I assume the table is the poker table? Why would they play poker if they dislike poker players?

It's probably clear from this that I don't play poker, but it's relevant to my interest.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
01BTC10
VIP

View Profile
January 15, 2013, 01:38:38 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fish_(poker)

OK, I assume the table is the poker table? Why would they play poker if they dislike poker players?

It's probably clear from this that I don't play poker, but it's relevant to my interest.
I've met some fish that dislike other players especially when they are always losing. Why do they play? Maybe addiction or inflated ego... Anyway, this sentence is flawed. It was probably before my first coffee and my english is far from perfect.
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: