Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:40:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-E Trollbox - Costly to Troll  (Read 1597 times)
readysalted89

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 06:13:40 PM

I think it's $100? I have some random coins and it says i need 81 more USD.

Has it always been like that? Was it ever free?
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 06:20:25 PM

Yes. It used to be free. I think the money requirement came in a year or so ago. You had to have a minimum balance on there to post but I don't think it was anywhere near that level.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 08:12:37 PM

Yes. It used to be free. I think the money requirement came in a year or so ago. You had to have a minimum balance on there to post but I don't think it was anywhere near that level.

It used to be free until the insane rise in price and popularity of bitcoin.
It was impossible to read messages at the rate they were written and dev decided to put a limit for having ability to chat there.
But this is a good thing, because there were also alot of link spamming and virus spreading which led to many account users to loose their funds.
Noone is going to risk their balance now on a off chance to infect someone, i think..
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 08:44:03 PM

as far I use btc-e(since january 2014 or something)  you need $100 balance to chat.

Not sure if it increased because I don't log in since some time
neurotypical

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:15:37 AM

You need to pay? what a scam. Another reason why Poloniex is the superior exchange.
readysalted89

Activity: 327

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 02:19:57 AM

It used to be free until the insane rise in price and popularity of bitcoin.
It was impossible to read messages at the rate they were written and dev decided to put a limit for having ability to chat there.
But this is a good thing, because there were also alot of link spamming and virus spreading which led to many account users to loose their funds.
Noone is going to risk their balance now on a off chance to infect someone, i think..

How come Poloniex does not have the same trollbox spam problem? Is it because it's moderated better by full time staff? It's free to use but the rules seem fairly strict, no swearing, etc. I have witnessed a few people given a temporary ban just for swearing.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 03:01:22 AM

You need to pay? what a scam. Another reason why Poloniex is the superior exchange.

as far I use btc-e(since january 2014 or something)  you need $100 balance to chat.

I think it's great.  In fact, I'm considering starting a petition on Bitcointalk where you have to pay for multiple accounts.  Your first would be free, but for every account after that you have to pay Theymos.  In fact, I think you should have to pay more for each new account, something like:

First: free;
Second: 0.01BTC;
Third: 0.1BTC; and
Fourth: 0.5BTC

I wonder how such a structure would impact the number of trolls on here.
Bralex

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 03:07:29 AM

Anyone think that $100 to use the trollbox is acceptable?

I do my reasons for this are while in the trollbox with quite abit of BTC worth to your name you are a candidate to get you're computer a friendly trojan, logger etc just buy clicking a link from an account that was created for this soul purpose to catch the BTC holders.

Now if it was free i could create accounts all day and keep doing it until i got bites? but if i have to pay $100 each time it suddenly becomes a big risk because chances are if a mod is on i will get banned for life and lose the $100! keep doing that it will soon add up  Grin

Great move by BTC-E also keeps for small fish writing crap and taking up valuable tips from a 'certain' few

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
bounst

Activity: 228
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 05:53:35 AM

moon? huh, it was a very distant thing.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: