Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:09:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: deleted  (Read 22079 times)
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 04:14:09 PM

whats wrong with u? are u lacking in selfconfidence... just shouting for attention... such a tit... ur momma shud be ashamed

Let's stay on an abstract level without any personal insults. BCX gives us a favor doing free testing of LTC network.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ohforf

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

we are legion

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 04:15:19 PM

@ BitcoinEXpress
You, my Friend, are an Asshole.

Didn't your Mom teach you that its rude to break other Kid's toys ?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▀██████ EAT SLEEP DECENTRALIZE ██████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 04:37:20 PM

I intend to drive the difficulty to all time highs, then simply quit.

~BCX~

Looks to me that you have conceded to the fact that you don't have a hope in hell of a 51% attack and are changing your tune slightly here....

So which is it ? a 51% attack or simply an attempt to drive up difficulty ?

if you are unable to perform a fork and 51% attack, then the WORST you could do is double difficulty (for a VERY short time, till you go broke) and the nice thing about Litecoin is the FAST block Rate and Retarget times.

This is still a joke to me...lol

The Koolio

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Minds are like parachutes they work best when open

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2012, 04:41:39 PM

I intend to drive the difficulty to all time highs, then simply quit.

~BCX~

Looks to me that you have conceded to the fact that you don't have a hope in hell of a 51% attack and are changing your tune slightly here....

So which is it ? a 51% attack or simply an attempt to drive up difficulty ?

if you are unable to perform a fork and 51% attack, then the WORST you could do is double difficulty (for a VERY short time, till you go broke) and the nice thing about Litecoin is the FAST block Rate and Retarget times.

This is still a joke to me...lol

again bitlane +1... talking sense

1. Litecoin 2. Bitcoin 3. Any of the Anon coins
Litecoin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 04:46:32 PM

Yeah, changing the story. Next week we'll be hearing stories how he/she was testing the network. LOL. Cheesy
Get on the ShortBus with Bulanula. Cheesy
...and leave the pools alone. Just wasting our time.
bitcoiners

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 05:13:04 PM

Read though this whole thing and all I can say is the OP is such a man-child.

Wow dude, grow up.

"Someone hurt my feelings.  Now I'm going to F up everyone's hard work. sniffle"

Get a life.
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2012, 05:56:42 PM

not sure of the exact methods planned but attacking peoples computers is illegal in many countries
http://www.technicallylegal.org/the-legality-of-denial-of-service-attacks/ relates to the US
one snippet
In terms of criminal violations, there’s the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (the “CFAA”), which prohibits a person from “knowingly caus[ing] the transmission of a program, information code, or command, and as a result of such conduct, intentionally causes damages without authorization to a protected computer” (see 18 U.S.C. § 1030(a)(5)(A)). The requisite “damage” element under the CFAA is “any impairment to the integrity or availability of data, a program, a system, or information” (see 18 U.S.C. § 1030(e)(Cool) and a “protected computer” is defined as a computer “which is used in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, including a computer located outside the United States that is used in a manner that affects interstate or foreign commerce or communication” (see 18 U.S.C. § 1030(e)(2)(B)).

but ppl that get upset over what goes on in a shoutbox probably think that wont relate to them...

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
Simran

Activity: 714

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2012, 05:57:29 PM

not sure of the exact methods planned but attacking peoples computers is illegal in many countries
http://www.technicallylegal.org/the-legality-of-denial-of-service-attacks/ relates to the US
one snippet
In terms of criminal violations, there’s the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (the “CFAA”), which prohibits a person from “knowingly caus[ing] the transmission of a program, information code, or command, and as a result of such conduct, intentionally causes damages without authorization to a protected computer” (see 18 U.S.C. § 1030(a)(5)(A)). The requisite “damage” element under the CFAA is “any impairment to the integrity or availability of data, a program, a system, or information” (see 18 U.S.C. § 1030(e)(Cool) and a “protected computer” is defined as a computer “which is used in or affecting interstate or foreign commerce, including a computer located outside the United States that is used in a manner that affects interstate or foreign commerce or communication” (see 18 U.S.C. § 1030(e)(2)(B)).

but ppl that get upset over what goes on in a shoutbox probably think that wont relate to them...

I was thinking he would crash using a botnet.

*Image Removed*
Donate LTC: LRgbgTa3XNQSEUhnwC6Ye2vjiCV2CNRpib
Donate BTC: 1AGP6xPTRvsAVhsRsBX13NUH6p6LJjyeiA
Litecoin

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 06:09:45 PM

one snippet

Did BCX ever claim to be a US citizen, or even live there ?

If he didn't, how relevant is all that verbiage ?

It makes no difference where you at. If someone from France hacked banks located in the US, then the yanks will go after the hacker, drag him to the US and prosecute him there.

Brunic

Activity: 632

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 06:12:20 PM

I find it sad that all the work towards Litecoin made by the people around here will go to waste. Especially since it was an honorable attempt for a cryptocurrency, not trying to scam or destroy Bitcoin, but simply to complement it.

I don't see the point. It's a complete waste of time for BCX, because nobody will benefit from this. Not BCX, not the developers, not the community, nobody.
bitcoiners

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 06:14:52 PM

one snippet

Very relevant.  If I get hit by a ddos, I will turn it over to the feds.  And yes unless he lives in IRAN he will be brought to the US on those charges.

Good Luck though.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 06:15:52 PM

@Coblee

This isn't personal at all but your fellow miners over at BTC-E are taking on some serious Solidcoin type attitudes.

The challenge has a been made and apparently support over there was with them on it, in making a challenge that I couldn't 51% LTC.

Nothing like that to give me reason to resurrect some serious GPU hashpower, build up some EC2's (keep in mind even Coinhunter verfied I had over 700 EC2's running at the SC2 launch), connect up with some botnetter friends and bring some BTC out of USB deep freeze for fees... LOL....

This is fair warning to all.

Challenge accepted.

~BCX~

Standard shorter tactics:

1. Badmouth the security
    2. Announce a major negative event for it
    3. Crash the price
    4. Buy a ton when it's worth nothing.

And y'all are swallowing the whole thing hook line and sinker.

yeah, i just bought everything up to .006 again. thanks for helping me get some coins!   Smiley

I hope you realize right now you're not getting anything really cheap at all...especially if the price falls and people sell...

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Litecoin

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 06:17:30 PM

one snippet

It makes no difference where you at. If someone from France hacked banks located in the US, then the yanks will go after the hacker, drag him to the US and prosecute him there.

But, if the authorities don't think you are big and bad enough to drag you from one country to another then...
What happens when a lengthy, highly technical investigation shows that the cybercriminals are located in a foreign country? The only way to bring them to court is to cooperate with foreign law enforcement authorities. But what if these foreign law enforcement authorities do not want to collaborate, or do not have the technical capabilities to assist the investigators? Unfortunately, this type of case scenario happens all the time. This poses a major challenge to the prosecution of cybercrime and there does not seem to be any magical solution other than international cooperation. Cybercrime is a transnational crime, and solving the issue of cyber jurisdiction requires nations to work on harmonizing substantive laws and fostering cooperation between law enforcement agencies worldwide. Indeed, the Interpol (International Police Force) has a plan for international cooperation against crime, including cybercrime, that most countries have joined.
bitcoiners

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 06:19:10 PM

@Coblee

This isn't personal at all but your fellow miners over at BTC-E are taking on some serious Solidcoin type attitudes.

The challenge has a been made and apparently support over there was with them on it, in making a challenge that I couldn't 51% LTC.

Nothing like that to give me reason to resurrect some serious GPU hashpower, build up some EC2's (keep in mind even Coinhunter verfied I had over 700 EC2's running at the SC2 launch), connect up with some botnetter friends and bring some BTC out of USB deep freeze for fees... LOL....

This is fair warning to all.

Challenge accepted.

~BCX~

Standard shorter tactics:

1. Badmouth the security
    2. Announce a major negative event for it
    3. Crash the price
    4. Buy a ton when it's worth nothing.

And y'all are swallowing the whole thing hook line and sinker.

yeah, i just bought everything up to .006 again. thanks for helping me get some coins!   Smiley

I hope you realize right now you're not getting anything really cheap at all...especially if the price falls and people sell...

First of all some asshat is not going to destroy my confidence in LTC.  I will continue to buy even if it tanks back to 0 and will weather the storm.  Don't see how he'll gain anything though.  Other than maybe federal charges.
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 07:22:06 PM

Dark knight
Code:
Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money.
They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with.
Some men just wanna watch the world burn.

They also forget one thing. The earth is never a flat one, but a circular one.
If one gives pain to other, then they will get the same or more.
Litecoin

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 07:23:05 PM

one snippet

Very relevant.  If I get hit by a ddos, I will turn it over to the feds.  And yes unless he lives in IRAN he will be brought to the US on those charges.

Good Luck though.

You vastly over-estimated the leverage the US
actually has over other sovereign nations.

If the nation in question is the UK, then yes, perhaps,
they having been the poodle on the US lap for quite
a while now. Not so for the rest of the world.

Of course, most likely no one will be dragged from one country to another cause he/she attacked pools.
If your pool is located in the US and the attacker is located in the EU, the authorities will work together but its going to be hell of a long process.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 07:29:55 PM

It might be a catch 22.
If BCX succeeds and destroys Litecoin, then good luck proving damages. The coin was not viable and therefore without value.
If BCX fails, no damage occurs and thus no plane ticket to Gitmo from our jackboots.

P.S. no wonder SoiledCoin development ground to a halt, Groinhunter spends all his time here trolling threads instead of coding.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
bitcoiners

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 07:36:24 PM

It might be a catch 22.
If BCX succeeds and destroys Litecoin, then good luck proving damages. The coin was not viable and therefore without value.
If BCX fails, no damage occurs and thus no plane ticket to Gitmo from our jackboots.

P.S. no wonder SoiledCoin development ground to a halt, Groinhunter spends all his time here trolling threads instead of coding.

LTC isn't getting destroyed.  The price may crash temporarily but that just enriches me in the long run as I'll just stop mining and start buying from all the BTC I've all ready made.  Not to mention there are big names in BTC heavily invested in LTC already.  It's not going anywhere.

I will take it personally though.  I will go after those who willingly try to destroy my investments.  He better not be in the US or any of his "help" better not be.  That's all I have to say.
iddo

Activity: 360
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 07:37:36 PM

Looking for this Friday or early Saturday.The attack will last for several days and after a couple of resets, I intend to drive the difficulty to all time highs, then simply quit. NMC hell all over again.

That's inaccurate: the Litecoin retarget window is 3.5 days, unlike Bitcoin/Namecoin 14 days, so if the difficulty shoots up then it should take 4x less time (compared to what happened with Namecoin) to return to normal.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
July 24, 2012, 07:40:40 PM

I understand the controversy, but succeed or fail, this attempt will be good for us. If he breaks it then it's better him than a crook. If he fails we can all have more confidence that our money is secure.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: