Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 05:17:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Alco Album @ CoinDL  (Read 2030 times)
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2012, 01:18:53 PM

Well. Obviously there is no way for me to verify the ownership of CoinDL content.
And as a customer I actually don't want to carry that burden. That's why it's easiest to buy from trusted sources like iTunes.

You're suggesting that CoinDL will do all the verification and take care of all the "leaks". I guess I have to take your word for that.

Anyway, this is actually not a problem inherent in using bitcoins as a payment system or CoinDL in particular. Any site which offers digital content has the same issues. Most sites use strong verification of seller accounts and have an aggressive copyright infringement policy. I guess you want to do the same.

Although it would be an interesting innovation if you could devise a mechanism which verifies content ownership in situ. E.g. you could exploit the fact that most artists have their own websites. In that case, all they have to do is to hash the file and some available coinDL account information and publish it on their website. That proves that the file I am about to download originates from that particular coinDL account holder and provides me with an additional source of information about the copyright holder.

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jbob06 (OP)

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 01, 2012, 03:04:53 PM

If you still haven't checked out our album now is the time to do so. We just dropped the price of the album nearly 75%. The cost is now .5 BTC. The album is now the cost of a coffee. Hopefully this will spark the BTC community to share this album even more than they already have. Please check it out and let us know what you think.

We love the feedback that we've gotten so far, please share this with your friends and family.

https://www.coindl.com/page/item/127
jbob06 (OP)

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2012, 03:34:40 PM

The album is now for sale on a "Pay what you want" basis. We want as many people to hear our music as possible and we think this is the best way. We've already sold dozens of albums on the "Pay what you want" model and we are loving it, so please check us out.

https://www.coindl.com/page/item/127

For those that have bought the album please post a short review of the music and let us know if you like it Smiley

Thank again
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: