Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:31:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Will we get a decentralized exchange that can be used worldwide?  (Read 644 times)
Bralex (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 01:39:18 AM

With all the exchanges that have ran with investors money, probably lied that they have been hacked and basically just been pain in the ass for our Bitcoin bags with manipulation of the markets

(I have no proof)

They are centralized and just waiting for the next thief to steal so is it not time we have a world wide decentralized market?

Is a world wide decentralized exchange possible?

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
caga

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:17:27 AM

With all the exchanges that have ran with investors money, probably lied that they have been hacked and basically just been pain in the ass for our Bitcoin bags with manipulation of the markets

(I have no proof)

They are centralized and just waiting for the next thief to steal so is it not time we have a world wide decentralized market?

Certainly, specially since bitcoin is decentralized, an exchange should be de-cen. as well.
I thouht coinbase took a step towards it.

Frijj

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 09:10:57 AM

Why would they not be? I think the whole point of decentralized markets is they will be free to use and free from bullshit rules and regulations so should be able to be used worldwide.
OnkelPaul
Legendary

Activity: 1039
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 09:25:00 AM

How would you expect a decentralized exchange to work?

The one thing that could probably be solved in a decentralized way is the orderbook and account balances (mostly just like current blockchains work).
However, getting crypto currencies and fiat into and out of the system is the hard part.
The only viable approach that I know of are the "gateways" of Ripple where the traded currencies are held by entities that you and other exchange users trust. Within the marketplace, you can trade IOUs from these entities freely as long as you find trade partners.
However, I don't see a way of doing this trustless. It is not possible to package the trades into transactions on a blockchain because it is impossible to hold the actual values on a blockchain.

If your think otherwise, provide a proof or at least a plausible idea. Just wishing for something does not make it real or even possible.

Onkel Paul

By the way, the Ripple system basically is a distributed exchange already. It's somewhat lacking on the decentralization (much to my dismay, I've always hoped that it would be more distributed faster), but the basic approach is right.

MilesJohan

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 10:29:36 AM

(I have no proof)

I think coinbase promises to be one in the future.

MileyJohanson
OnkelPaul
Legendary

Activity: 1039
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 10:40:53 AM

It looks like Mercury might be an option at least for trading cryptocurrencies against each other. However, due to the mechanism used to build an atomic cross-chain transaction it is not suitable for quick transactions (you'd need to wait one or two days to finalize a transaction). And of course it does not handle fiat...

Onkel Paul

Bralex (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 04:02:09 PM

Certainly, specially since bitcoin is decentralized, an exchange should be de-cen. as well.
I thouht coinbase took a step towards it.

And this is my point Bitcoin is meant to be decentralized but after 5+ years we are still being robbed by centralized exchanges, i have my doubts about coinbase but that's just personal opinion.

Why would they not be? I think the whole point of decentralized markets is they will be free to use and free from bullshit rules and regulations so should be able to be used worldwide.

Again 5 years later we are still here centralized to the maximum  Roll Eyes I agree I think the whole point of decentralized markets is they will be free to use and free from bullshit rules and regulations so should be able to be used worldwide.

How would you expect a decentralized exchange to work?

The one thing that could probably be solved in a decentralized way is the orderbook and account balances (mostly just like current blockchains work).
However, getting crypto currencies and fiat into and out of the system is the hard part.
The only viable approach that I know of are the "gateways" of Ripple where the traded currencies are held by entities that you and other exchange users trust. Within the marketplace, you can trade IOUs from these entities freely as long as you find trade partners.
However, I don't see a way of doing this trustless. It is not possible to package the trades into transactions on a blockchain because it is impossible to hold the actual values on a blockchain.

If your think otherwise, provide a proof or at least a plausible idea. Just wishing for something does not make it real or even possible.

Onkel Paul

By the way, the Ripple system basically is a distributed exchange already. It's somewhat lacking on the decentralization (much to my dismay, I've always hoped that it would be more distributed faster), but the basic approach is right.

I will only talk about ripple to say i am talking about them.

In my mind i am hoping for something like Forex, i have no idea about the technical side and how difficult it maybe but surely after all this time some wizz must be able to create one.

So if it was to happen in the next  year + and Bitcoin was banned in xamount of countrys will them countrys still be able to use the exchange is closer to what i wanted to ask lol

Cheers for you're input guys.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
H.W.Z

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 05:01:09 AM

Another one is Multigateway based on NXT block chain. You can deposit and trade BTC, LTC, PPC, DOGE and DRK there.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: