Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:25:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Choose: Walk The Plank or Keelhaul  (Read 20445 times)
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 08:07:46 PM

So the deadline for, uh, something passed last night at 5 PM CST.
Yup. I suppose I might as well tell you guys what that is.

There's something called the "Vegas Bonus" going on this weekend. All account holders with over 5k BTC as of Wednesday at 6 PM CT qualify. Any amount you add between Wednesday at 6 PM CT and Sunday at same time will be given a 1% bonus.

You can guess what my thoughts are on this, so I won't bother.

I think Frankie was referring to this deadline:

Vandroiy has the following (2) options to choose from:

• Concede the wager to me (pirateat40) per the details below.
    • Vandroiy: Signed document confirming the action to concede the wager.
    • pirateat40: Signed document accepting Vandroiy’s action.
    • pirateat40: Will donate the entire wager balance (10,000 BTC) to a charity of the forums choosing.

• Don’t concede the wager and chance the outcome of Aug 14th.
    • pirateat40: Nothing changes and pirateat40’s winnings (5,000 BTC) go to the charity of the forums choosing.

Vandroiy has until Thursday at 5:00PM CST to make his decision.

I don't see how that is connected to a 1% bonus for BS&T lenders, since Vandroiy isn't a lender.

And I think he ended up selecting special secret option three (3):

• Wait for BS&T to default and collect your winnings

If the Investment is returning poorly  ,Can Pirate  lower the interest rates to say 3-5% weekly  and still win this bet  ? or would that be a automatic win   for  vandroiy if it doesnt stay at 6.9 or 7%  until october?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BoardGameCoin

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 08:15:38 PM

If the Investment is returning poorly  ,Can Pirate  lower the interest rates to say 3-5% weekly  and still win this bet  ? or would that be a automatic win   for  vandroiy if it doesnt stay at 6.9 or 7%  until october?

That would be a win for pirate... as long as he can continue to meet the forward looking targets he sets and does not default on any principal. However, if it is a ponzi (my belief), then it is already impossible for pirate to pay back all of the principal invested.

-bgc

I'm selling great Minion Games like The Manhattan Project, Kingdom of Solomon and Venture Forth at 4% off retail starting June 2012. PM me or go to my thread in the Marketplace if you're interested.

For Settlers/Dominion/Carcassone etc., I do email gift cards on Amazon for a 5% fee. PM if you're interested.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 08:17:38 PM

Pirate can change the interest rates so long as he gives notice, and doesn't reduce them to below 0%.

This is a quote from the contract both parties signed:

===Change in BTCST ToS===

BTCST has the right to change the terms of its outstanding deposits at any time, as long as there is advance notice of at least 30 calendar days. Such changes may include changes in promised interest rates (as long as interest rates do not go below zero), changes in interest disbursement frequency (not to exceed 1 month intervals), interest tiers, forced withdrawals. Such changes shall not be construed to be a default event.

The event of dissolution of the BTCST business and return of all owed funds to all account holders, also shall not be construed as a default event.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
RaggedMonk

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 11:09:00 PM

If you've never met someone/slept with their sister, you can't claim to have done those things.

I slept with Maged's sister.

Couldn't have said it if it wasn't true... Roll Eyes
rjk

Activity: 448

1ngldh

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 03:41:57 PM

While we are on the subject: who the hell is Art Taylor?
He signed Pirate's key using an email at arttaylor.com, so he's not exactly hard to track down. FWIW, he is the author of the 2011 book "Preparing Your Ecommerce Web Sites for Holiday Peak Seasons".

http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B004W3IATE

He has some ruby code at GitHub, including "Simple Mt. Gox trades websocket script":

https://gist.github.com/980399
Derp, Art Taylor is reeses. Check out the twitter link on his website, and compare his current avatar with the QR code also on his website.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 06:02:29 PM

I think Frankie was referring to this deadline:

Vandroiy has until Thursday at 5:00PM CST to make his decision.

I don't see how that is connected to a 1% bonus for BS&T lenders, since Vandroiy isn't a lender.
Well, that's when this information was released, so don't complain about its relevance to me.

memvola

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 07:48:58 AM

When the reward is millions of dollars unless you plan on hiring a investigating firm and spending tens of thousands of your own dollars any sel-help "due diligence" is going to come up short.

Why not just do that? If the risk to the community is millions of dollars, we should be able to come up with a few thousand BTC. That's what "due diligence" rather sounds like in this case.
dlasher

Activity: 467

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2012, 02:54:47 AM

With BCS&T dissolving, curious where this thread will go... The way I read this, as long as he repays deposit, he still wins the bet:

The event of dissolution of the BTCST business and return of all owed funds to all account holders, also shall not be construed as a default event.
s
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 05:21:10 AM

With that said, I simply wouldn't have made the wager unless I knew exactly what the outcome would be.

Pirate 0 - Vandroiy 1
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2012, 05:29:04 AM

With that said, I simply wouldn't have made the wager unless I knew exactly what the outcome would be.

Pirate 0 - Vandroiy 1

So it would appear. Still a few more days before the fecal matter officially strikes the rotary air impeller. Plenty of time to get popcorn (and a tarp).

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 30, 2012, 05:01:17 PM

I'm the one who was "claiming to have slept with his sister", but that was a long-running joke and who the hell thought that was anything but humor? He's openly admitted (on IRC at least) that he doesn't even have a sister. Please tell me: who has actually, seriously claimed to have met him?
Far too many people. Enough for you to have qualified for a scammer tag when this all collapsed and you proved not to actually know his identity.

You just lost all credibility.

How's that credibility thing working out for you reeses ?

bitlane
Internet detective

Activity: 462

I heart thebaron

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 03:08:45 PM

CONGRATS TO VANDROIY
You should expect your 10,000 BTC payment within 6 hours of this post.

If not, the entire OTC system should be ignored from now on, since it's crap anyway.

Please spend it wisely.
bitlane.

BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
August 31, 2012, 03:48:00 PM

You should expect your 10,000 BTC payment within 6 hours of this post.

If not, the entire OTC system should be ignored from now on, since it's crap anyway.
Aaand back on ignore.

Since Vandroiy is currently traveling, we have agreed via private communication to set up the 10k BTC disbursement of escrowed funds sometime in September, when he is back.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 12:43:16 AM

Since Vandroiy is currently traveling, we have agreed via private communication to set up the 10k BTC disbursement of escrowed funds sometime in September, when he is back.

Weird.  Vandroiy can't just make an offline wallet, have nanotube send the funds there and verify it via third party tools.  His coins not mine but seems strange given the nature of Bitcoin that closing the bet would require waiting.
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 02:19:47 AM

Weird.  Vandroiy can't just make an offline wallet, have nanotube send the funds there and verify it via third party tools.  His coins not mine but seems strange given the nature of Bitcoin that closing the bet would require waiting.
It's about 10kɃ, which is a significant sum. For all I know Vandroiy is in a tent in the rain somewhere. Personally I'd wait until I was back at home as well.

ErebusBat

Activity: 560

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
September 01, 2012, 03:36:49 AM

It's about 10kɃ, which is a significant sum. For all I know Vandroiy is in a tent in the rain somewhere. Personally I'd wait until I was back at home as well.
No reason not to, unless he thinks nanotube is going to run with it.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 12:34:25 AM

I would have provided a payment address at the time of the bet, and had it written into the contract.  For 10k BTC it's worth someone hacking the forum software to be able to send a PM as Vandroiy but giving their own deposit address.

I don't mind if someone wants to send me 10k BTC while I'm in a tent in the rain.  It will be perfectly secure until I get back to civilisation (he writes, from his cabin in the rain in the middle of nowhere...)

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
556j

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 12:45:28 AM

smf is common forum that's pretty tested. SR uses same forum, hack them instead if it's so easy Smiley
ErebusBat

Activity: 560

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
September 02, 2012, 01:03:28 AM

I would have provided a payment address at the time of the bet, and had it written into the contract.  For 10k BTC it's worth someone hacking the forum software to be able to send a PM as Vandroiy but giving their own deposit address.

I don't mind if someone wants to send me 10k BTC while I'm in a tent in the rain.  It will be perfectly secure until I get back to civilisation (he writes, from his cabin in the rain in the middle of nowhere...)
My guess is that Vandroiy is smart enough to use GPG.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2012, 06:21:30 AM

Maybe Vandroiy can put up a 5000btc bounty on pirate's capture  Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: