Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:26:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SUP] Supcoin, PLUCK algorithm, Just Launched, Mine Now!  (Read 62182 times)
WigitGetIt
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 05:12:37 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2015, 05:29:31 PM by WigitGetIt

Sup! Still Looking for Submissions for earlz to decide on.  This is just some fun for testing, and we could all use some fun. Check the below submissions.  If you believe you have something better, post it. This is a contest and there will be a winner.   Grin  Please retweet to help raise awareness.  Earlz is working hard on making sure this is a solid test of the codebase.  Lets show him some support.   Grin

The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 06:16:45 PM

earlz is starting to remind me a lot of r3wt...not a good sign

Just cause I don't like the premise of your coins, doesn't mean I'm a scammer Wink

any giveaway from this coin?

There is no giveaway other than the bounties
hope you're actually pushing to gh and not leaving that fresh repo empty to mess with us ;-)

Lol I see I'm being watched closely Wink

I've made a TEST-ONLY copy of the code and uploaded it to github. ONLY USE THIS FOR GPU MINER DEVELOPMENT. When the real coin is released, this code WILL NOT sync or work and it's blocks will be incompatible. This is only for GPU miner developers to test their code against a real coin. The github repo for it is at https://github.com/supcoin/supcoin-TEST-ONLY and it should sync automatically with 1 node and 2 or 3 blocks.

Again, DEVELOPMENT ONLY. Do not download this and try to mine it because you think these coins will be worth something. The real release will be later on
so exactly when does it launch ?
Can you make windows binaries for the lazy devs ?

I finally got Gitian working last night, so yea I can try and make a Windows wallet tonight for this code.

For reference, since I have Gitian working, at launch pre-compiled Linux, Windows, and Mac wallets will be available
Have you been able to make a win wallet ?

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
earlz (OP)

Activity: 439
Merit: 250

mmmmmm

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 10:03:18 PM

Just cause I don't like the premise of your coins, doesn't mean I'm a scammer Wink

hope you're actually pushing to gh and not leaving that fresh repo empty to mess with us ;-)

I've made a TEST-ONLY copy of the code and uploaded it to github. ONLY USE THIS FOR GPU MINER DEVELOPMENT. When the real coin is released, this code WILL NOT sync or work and it's blocks will be incompatible. This is only for GPU miner developers to test their code against a real coin. The github repo for it is at https://github.com/supcoin/supcoin-TEST-ONLY and it should sync automatically with 1 node and 2 or 3 blocks.

Again, DEVELOPMENT ONLY. Do not download this and try to mine it because you think these coins will be worth something. The real release will be later on

I finally got Gitian working last night, so yea I can try and make a Windows wallet tonight for this code.

For reference, since I have Gitian working, at launch pre-compiled Linux, Windows, and Mac wallets will be available

I've been trying to get Gitian working which makes that work, but ran into some mystery issue I can't figure out.

If you're committing to actually use it, I might try doing a one-off special Windows build for you... but otherwise, I'd rather wait and figure out this Gitian issue

Check out my full list of Coin Reviews
Currently working on the Qtum Project
My Skype account earlzdotnet has been compromised. Please report to me any usage seen from it, or from the email earlz@earlz.biz.tm
logocreator
Legendary

Activity: 1134

www.cryptodesign.cc

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2015, 11:33:50 PM

Corporate style:

Coinshape style

3D style

small icon

djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 03:04:33 AM

I've been trying to get Gitian working which makes that work, but ran into some mystery issue I can't figure out.

If you're committing to actually use it, I might try doing a one-off special Windows build for you... but otherwise, I'd rather wait and figure out this Gitian issue
take your time, I will look into but I don't know exactly when (and I can always compile it myself... was just to trying avoid the trouble)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
earlz (OP)

mmmmmm

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 05:50:43 AM

Just to keep people from working on more logos, I'll decide the winner within 24 hours.

My Skype account earlzdotnet has been compromised. Please report to me any usage seen from it, or from the email earlz@earlz.biz.tm
earlz (OP)

mmmmmm

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 02:54:39 PM

I now have #supcoin registered on Freenode, for all you IRCers

aivapool

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 03:03:07 PM

so we are still waiting for the launch of the coin!
dogetime

Activity: 257

BUY BUY CELL CELL

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 03:30:27 PM

Looks like a solid coin, definitely going to throw as much hashing power as I can get a hold of at this Grin

Pump and dump philosophy
BTC: 1EZnwK5H5nRV2Tm4qToPg4Gb56eu35YoUC
earlz (OP)

mmmmmm

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 05:36:09 PM

I finally have some compiled versions of the TEST-ONLY version of the code.

This wallet will NOT WORK when teh code is actually released and any coins mined on it will have no value and will not exist when the actual coin is released.

Note, this hasn't been themed yet, so it still shows bitcoin's logos and such.

Anyway, I've only got two version for now due to lack of time

http://earlz.net/static/supcoin-TEST-win32.zip
http://earlz.net/static/supcoin-TEST-linux64.tar.gz

earlz (OP)

mmmmmm

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 12:50:45 AM

In order to raise tangible funds to motivate GPU miner devs, I am now hosting a donation address for Bitcoin.

1K6cUbtsn5xinD8XfjnTn7UnsMriLhZaGD

The first GPU miner to be created (AMD or Nvidia) and published under an open source license will receive all the money from this fund.

I'm putting in 0.25 BTC of my own money. I encourage everyone to donate what you can to help make this a lucrative bounty.

earlz (OP)

mmmmmm

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2015, 06:09:32 PM

For a second, I want to talk a bit about why I like PLUCK as it is designed.

As you can see, it is quite simple. It is a couple dozen lines of code (less if you don't count salsa), terse, but pretty easy to understand, very easy to configure, and defers all actual cryptographic properties to SHA256. SHA256 is very easy to understand, and can be reasonably contained within about 50 or so lines of code as well.

Try to name another hashing algorithm that is so simple. The only one that comes to mind for me is SHA256 itself. With this simplicity, it is of course easy to understand. And with it's extremely memory-hard properties, there are not many optimization techniques that can be done. What this boils down to is that after a somewhat optimized GPU miner comes out, there shouldn't be anything like X11, where some kernels can double the hashrate. There will always be microoptimizations and ways to do things a bit faster, but due to it's simplicity, I don't expect huge hashrate increases with optimizations.

This helps avoid the X11 GPU kernel race. X11 is actually extremely complicated. It is 11 hashing algorithms, each with their own potential optimizations, and their interactions can be optimized. Scrypt is also relatively complex, and if you've ever looked at it's implementation, it's not too easy to understand or get the whole picture. The numerous number of parameters also allow for special-case optimization pretty easily. Whereas PLUCK is designed to be as simple as possible with just 1 parameter controlling memory usage, meaning that the first implementation is probably not too far off from a significantly optimized version. PLUCK is not designed to be a password hashing algorithm, or anything like that. It is designed as a PoW algorithm, and I personally think it fits that quite well.

PLUCK is of course not ASIC "proof", which is impossible. However, I estimate GPU performance gains to be only 4-6x over CPU, and because it is heavy on memory access, rather than computation, it has potential to be a "cool" algorithm. GPUs get hot from computation, not memory access.. So, since this is memory access intense, the bottleneck should lie there, and thus bringing cooler CPU temps and lower power draw. This is of course my best guess though.

cisahasa
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 07:56:32 AM

0.9.3 versions solomines and connects just fine with any miner.
but what has changed with 10.++ versions, those wont get miners connected anymore??

earlz (OP)

mmmmmm

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 08:41:16 AM

0.9.3 versions solomines and connects just fine with any miner.
but what has changed with 10.++ versions, those wont get miners connected anymore??

They removed the "getwork" RPC call, in favor of getblocktemplate. This means you must pass into your miner an address as well for solo-mining (if not mining in the wallet itself)

In other news, I just now completed a very raw and barely tested minerd (CPU miner). https://github.com/Earlz/pluckcpuminer (it's 3:30am, I mined 2 testnet blocks with it and called it good lol)
This will be used for CPU mining against a pool.

ZPserge

Activity: 382

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 11:14:11 AM

you have already decided on the start-up time? I would like to be with this coin, I hope the announcement of the launch will be 1-2 days before X

earlz (OP)

mmmmmm

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 05:01:13 PM

The logo winner is logocreator! This logo wins!

After launch, I'll PM you for an address and will send you the reward

you have already decided on the start-up time? I would like to be with this coin, I hope the announcement of the launch will be 1-2 days before X

I was waiting on a number of things to get completed before I committed to anything. All the major things are now completed and/or working. This includes:

1. Gitian, for building binary Mac, Linux, and Windows wallets at launch
2. minerd, a CPU miner for pool mining (also is faster than in-wallet mining for solo mining as well)
3. Some testing and difficulty adjustment testing.

The coin itself is looking good and the only thing I really want now is a Windows compile of the CPU miner and a NOMP module for pools. I'm going to look into these two and then will probably set a time and day for launch. Hopefully in a 3-4 days

WEBcreator

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 05:04:29 PM

In order to raise tangible funds to motivate GPU miner devs, I am now hosting a donation address for Bitcoin.

The first GPU miner to be created (AMD or Nvidia) and published under an open source license will receive all the money from this fund.

I'm putting in 0.25 BTC of my own money. I encourage everyone to donate what you can to help make this a lucrative bounty.

cmon guys, we need more donation to help earlz get this GPU miner  Cheesy

███████▄▄        █████████████████
███████████▄     █████████████████
█████████████▄   █████████████████
██████████████▄  █████████████████
███████████████▄ ████████████████
████████████████ ████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
███████████████████████████▀▀
███████████████████████▀▀
███████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
████████████████ ████████████████
███████████████▀ ████████████████
██████████████▀  █████████████████
█████████████▀   █████████████████
███████████▀     █████████████████
███████▀▀        █████████████████
  Dbrain  ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

[

]
  ●  FACEBOOK
●    TWITTER 
●  TELEGRAM
earlz (OP)

mmmmmm

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 07:48:16 PM

With the help of Wolf` and djm34, some problems with PLUCK have been found that break it's cryptographic security (ie, always including a plain sha256 hash), as well as some non-obvious performance optimizations that are not intended.

So, the hashing algorithm has changed some. I think in it's current state on github it should be good, but I'm still working to verify this. 

mxxxxxx
Legendary

Activity: 2310

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 09:07:04 PM

cmon guys, we need more donation to help earlz get this GPU miner  Cheesy

Added 0.1 Wink

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 10:01:31 PM
Last edit: February 14, 2015, 11:00:48 PM by e1ghtSpace

I am totally watching this, although I am disappointed that the dev wants a GPU miner out asap. I would've liked it to be cpu only. Oh well...

But I am still watching. Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: