Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:41:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 170 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Tau-Chain and Agoras Official Thread: Generalized P2P Network  (Read 309527 times)
ohad (OP)

Activity: 897
Merit: 1000

http://idni.org

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 02:34:51 PM

Very concrete... and trustful
To sum it up. It looks just too greedy.
Only solution: End the IPO. Soon.

ok, I hear you (yet disagree). I'll see what others think too.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Perancho

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2016, 07:19:05 PM

Hello Ohad,

When can we see the Agoras token being traded in higher amounts than just 1 btc a day on the Bittrex exchange?

info taken from CMC (24h vol)
http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/agoras-tokens/#charts

I believe this coin *that is not a coin but more of an asset* would be way more valuable if you could just release some more quantities out there to be exchanged and not only the IPO // I think I have to agree with the guys before me when they say that the IPO should be ended soon enough,

I understand you have some targets already set up for the end of the IPO - but can't you just release some more out there?

Also - if the supply of AGRS increases, more chances would have of being included in a bigger exchange like Poloniex for example.

What if you take an amount of them and put them yourself in Bittrex at the same price that you already have set when people buy directly from you? maybe like this you can make a bigger volume of transactions per day and make the token more exposed to "the real world"

I believe this is a very good project - I want to see the TAU CHAIN up and running and start programming in it, but in the meanwhile the Agoras Tokens need more exposure to the exchanges and the market of cryptocurrencies.

That is just my point of view,
I hope my opinon helps,

BR
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2016, 07:30:47 PM

Hello Ohad,

When can we see the Agoras token being traded in higher amounts than just 1 btc a day on the Bittrex exchange?

info taken from CMC (24h vol)
http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/agoras-tokens/#charts

I believe this coin *that is not a coin but more of an asset* would be way more valuable if you could just release some more quantities out there to be exchanged and not only the IPO // I think I have to agree with the guys before me when they say that the IPO should be ended soon enough,

I understand you have some targets already set up for the end of the IPO - but can't you just release some more out there?

Also - if the supply of AGRS increases, more chances would have of being included in a bigger exchange like Poloniex for example.

What if you take an amount of them and put them yourself in Bittrex at the same price that you already have set when people buy directly from you? maybe like this you can make a bigger volume of transactions per day and make the token more exposed to "the real world"

I believe this is a very good project - I want to see the TAU CHAIN up and running and start programming in it, but in the meanwhile the Agoras Tokens need more exposure to the exchanges and the market of cryptocurrencies.

That is just my point of view,
I hope my opinon helps,

BR

Hi, the address where buyers send to is still the address published at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=736447.msg10403838#msg10403838
As for ending the sale, it's not about a target sum, but the main time for marketing and sales and acknowledgement would be after tau is ready.
Poloniex will put our token soon, that's what they said.
As for putting our own bids on bittrex - we already do (as I said here a few times). People simply want to hold and buy in large amounts directly from me, and that's why volumes are low.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 12:30:58 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2016, 12:50:31 AM by jasemoney

address is https://blockchain.info/address/1BzwxgzrdiW5Gdc3kfoUgxeHAhRjnMmrVs per http://tauchain.org/TOS.pdf for anyone looking

just wanted to add. if you wanted to raise some at a better rate than 1btc at bittrex where the daily 1btc volume isnt even hitting your selling price.. then do what MAID did with their MVP (they didnt fundraise like this but do have their systems demo out since a week ago). when codings done enough be shown off as useable make some announcement and put any unsold ico coins for sale, all of them on bittrex for a set period of time. burn anything unsold and release shortly after.

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
zerowing

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 12:35:30 AM

looking interesting, keep up good work!
mr.coinzy

Activity: 500
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 10:03:59 PM

I have been watching and following this project since the beginning and at NO point did I have any doubt about the future to come - this will be one of the biggest and most important projects around. a game changing project.

To the one's who have trust issues I say - do your research into this project and make your decision. If you can't trust the people behind the project (mainly Ohad) you are better off investing in something else and spare the ones who trust, the noise you produce. All you do is Fud and that is useless noise.
Is the sale taking a long time? yes (probably more than usual). Is it problematic for the buyers who invest? I don't think so, and it depends on how you view it. The fact the price is related to $ is actually a good thing in some regards.

I completely agree with Ohad that good serious dev work and honesty, is better than bullshit PR and empty promises like so many make.
 Never invest in something you are not comfortable with. this is a good general rule. another rule is - be wise and open enough to spot opportunities for the next BIG thing, as is in this case.   

By the way, current marketcap is very low to what this project offers (even at this point of progress). Some projects take less time and some take more, but only a few give something really new to the world.
redfish64

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 11:25:06 PM

It would be nice if the dev team would consider uploading their progress to the github repository, https://github.com/naturalog/tauchain . It's been nearly four months since the source has been updated.

Also, could someone explain why the coding is being done privately now? For anyone thinking of helping out,  it makes it difficult to evaluate whether he/she the skills to do so.
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2016, 11:26:18 PM

It would be nice if the dev team would consider uploading their progress to github. It's been nearly four months since the source has been updated.

Also, could someone explain why the coding is being done privately now? For anyone thinking of helping out,  it makes it difficult to evaluate whether he/she the skills to do so.

there are uploads, but not to master branch. see other branches. in fact there's a first version of a working compiler. but im working on a design which i currently believe will turn out much faster.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
redfish64

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 09, 2016, 11:29:59 PM

It would be nice if the dev team would consider uploading their progress to github. It's been nearly four months since the source has been updated.

there are uploads, but not to master branch. see other branches. in fact there's a first version of a working compiler. but im working on a design which i currently believe will turn out much faster.

Ah, great. Thanks
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
March 11, 2016, 05:41:02 AM

looks like its time to resupply the ipo on bittrex sell side

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
Kartaba

Activity: 276
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 12:16:03 PM

Jeezzzzz ive been waiting for Zenneth for almost 2 years now..... And now its called Agora... I knew of this but i forgot all about it. Toootally forgot jeeezzz.. i missed presale?Shit Shit....

Only at bittrex?
Foerster

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 04:06:02 PM
Last edit: March 12, 2016, 09:11:07 PM by Foerster

I have been monitoring this thread almost from the beginning. First I need to apologize to Ohad for not having believed in the project.
It now looks like it's getting to places.

I would like to bring to attention the incentives that are associated with the pre-sale.
From a utility perspective, people have actually few incentives to buy tokens today, since supply is almost unlimited relative to demand (less than 4 million sold from 42 million) and they will be sold "up to Agoras' genesis" which is probably more than year away. This would make this the longest ICO ever.

People minimize their uncertainty by not buying now, since the genesis block is very far away and it's better to wait until shortly before launch. They lose nothing by this behavior since token price has been frozen and is no longer rising 2% per week. The people who have already bought tokens have no explicit incentive to spread word about the project, since this would dilute their own stake (maybe there is an incentive for people who are extremely rational and come to the conclusion that better capitalization and distribution increases the value of the project, but I would not count on this one.)

Project marketing and institutionalization are also still in their infancy and currently add not much yet in terms of reaching critical mass of awareness and the network effects associated with it. Nothing is known about other contributors than Ohad. I like the Youtube videos about Tau chain /Agoras /Zennet which did much to my understanding of the project, but they are not as professional as the videos that Ethereum did for their pre-sale (and even they did not convince me to buy into ETH ICO Wink ). The good thing is that this project has definitely more substance than semblance.

I think it's not so good to introduce a trading market (Bittrex) to the tokens while the pre-sale is still going on. There will be a equilibrium market price that has to be below the pre-sale price and  the pre-sale price itself acts as absorbing upward barrier while coins are still being sold. As more coins get available on the market, almost all transactions will take place below the barrier and fewer and fewer coins will be sold though the pre-sale. So the market results in less tokens sold though the pre-sale. I think it's better to first bring out an appealing website and marketing material to create enough awareness and only introduce a market once the pre-sale is over. Of course this is not an option now, but what can be done is publication of sufficient marketing materials and introduction of a definite time limit to the pre-sale.

freedomfighter

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 06:57:25 PM

I agree with the above. Declare a final presale for 30-60 days with increased price points. Increase devs share and also use (multi sig or escrow) a share of AGRS exclusively for a marketing fund.

So say you'll have for example 10M final coins, of which 1M for devs and 0.5M for marketing. then the market will determine the rest. I believe that just like the ETH foundation that now has x64 of the pre sale value so here the 1M will be worth a lot and enough to push the projects as more independent developers come on board.

This way what ever trading in bitterx and polo will be with existing post sale coins and the market will be built with the advancement of the project to serious value in which the 1.5M dev and marketing fund will become significant even if actual agoras take another year.

see eth that took a year from presale to launch and now augur that will also take almost a year (post beta in september or so).
nihilnegativum

Activity: 432
Merit: 251

––Δ͘҉̀░░

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2016, 08:21:09 PM

Guys have you been reading too much Wolfram? This is awsome.
mr.coinzy

Activity: 500
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 09:48:57 PM

I think the project is going great considering the fact that it never halted and was always on a forward motion.
This is a BIG project, not something small and marginal like so many shameless examples - try to understand that and aim your expectations accordingly! It does not and should not take little time to build a grand innovative instrument!
Patience is needed and rewards will surely follow to those who are willing to wait.

Pofick

Activity: 600
Merit: 511

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 11:28:54 PM

Can I withdraw my Agoras Tokens from the bittrex somehow? Just in case it would be shut down. What wallet app do I need for that?

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    4 0 1 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
jibble

Activity: 924

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 11:32:30 PM

Can I withdraw my Agoras Tokens from the bittrex somehow? Just in case it would be shut down. What wallet app do I need for that?

omniwallet .

it's basically a token on omni(formerly mastercoin) currently
Pofick

Activity: 600
Merit: 511

View Profile
March 12, 2016, 11:38:33 PM

omniwallet .
it's basically a token on omni(formerly mastercoin) currently
Thanks! Could someone give a link to a blockexplorer page with distribution of these tokens among addresses?

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    4 0 1 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
Foerster

Activity: 143

View Profile
March 13, 2016, 12:03:25 AM

Ohad recommended this one: http://omnichest.info/lookupsp.aspx?sp=35
However, I have not yet figured out how to view the token distribution.
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2016, 09:36:36 AM

Soon I'll upload a blog post discussing the raised subjects in length (and put a link here when ready)

Tau-Chain & Agoras
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 170 »
  Print  

Jump to: