Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:35:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 170 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Tau-Chain and Agoras Official Thread: Generalized P2P Network  (Read 309531 times)
SupZ

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

Polar bears are left handed

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 07:31:17 PM

Hi Ohad,

is there any benefit by transferring our AGRS to you to store? Is that even a thing or did I miss understood?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ohad (OP)

Activity: 897
Merit: 1000

http://idni.org

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2017, 07:49:38 PM

Hi Ohad,

is there any benefit by transferring our AGRS to you to store? Is that even a thing or did I miss understood?

if you lock the tokens until the final coins will be ready (can take +1y, no date yet) then you get %17.7 more tokens (equivalent to 15% discount)

Tau-Chain & Agoras
SupZ

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

Polar bears are left handed

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 07:54:53 PM

Hi Ohad,

if you lock the tokens until the final coins will be ready (can take +1y, no date yet) then you get %17.7 more tokens (equivalent to 15% discount)

And how do you lock them?
Sending them to you?
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2017, 09:38:39 PM

Hi Ohad,

Sending them to you?

yes, can coordinate by email ohad@idni.org
i forgot to mention another advantage, which is that those tokens will be counted for the sake of wholesale discounts in future purchases

Tau-Chain & Agoras
kjn311

Activity: 319
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2017, 11:09:48 PM

I just need to know the planned consensus. PoW, PoS or remain a token?
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2017, 11:13:39 PM

I just need to know the planned consensus. PoW, PoS or remain a token?

we will collaboratively altogether take this decision over a semi-centralized alpha version of tau

Tau-Chain & Agoras
MrWhiteBites

Activity: 770
Merit: 511

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 10:10:19 AM

Bittrex Wallet Maintenance.  IS there a update / development? 

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2017, 10:26:55 AM

no. technical issue on bittrex' side, they're working on it

Tau-Chain & Agoras
MrWhiteBites

Activity: 770
Merit: 511

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 11:50:18 AM

no. technical issue on bittrex' side, they're working on it

Ah, thank you.   

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
dmitryshech

Activity: 116

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 08:39:03 PM

The "tau" or "root" team will define the rules of changing the rules?

will define the code of the platform itself.
changing the rules is a mechanism to occur in all teams over tau.

The very first of those rules will be defined from alpha?

on our new design, all rules can be changed whatsoever in case of consensus, no matter whether they contradict an old rule or not. this is a deeper level of self-amendment comparing to the initial design. you can even replace the whole tau's code, the logic, everything.

If the "tau" or "root" team will define the code of the platform itself, then I did't get if that mechanism of changing the rules occurs in all teams except "root"? Changes in the rules of particular team by consensus there some how influence the "root"- the whole platform?
Can you provide some very simple use case example? Maybe even with comparison of same use case in Etherium, if it even can be compared.

lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
February 13, 2017, 08:48:07 PM

Hi Ohad,

Sending them to you?

i forgot to mention another advantage, which is that those tokens will be counted for the sake of wholesale discounts in future purchases

I hold your tokens now for more than a year. I won't sell them now for sure. Of course I want to put them anywhere, where I can get a higher %. But whats the point of that emailing thing and transfering back and forth later. That sounds so unbelievable unprofessional... why don't you just do a snapshot and anyone who doesn't move the coins for one year will get it...
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2017, 09:45:36 PM

Hi Ohad,

Sending them to you?

I hold your tokens now for more than a year. I won't sell them now for sure. Of course I want to put them anywhere, where I can get a higher %. But whats the point of that emailing thing and transfering back and forth later. That sounds so unbelievable unprofessional... why don't you just do a snapshot and anyone who doesn't move the coins for one year will get it...

great idea! but can come in addition, not instead, because some people want to move between their own wallets from time to time.
we can set that when the final coins will be ready, addresses that hold the tokens, will get more coins, according to the so-called "coin days".
the numbers are obvious: we'll do it relatively to the 15% discount.
so, another way to get the 15% discount, is simply not to move your tokens from the 1st of march which is about two weeks from now (this doesn't hold for tokens held on bittrex). i'll write it publicly somewhere.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2017, 10:17:19 AM

on our new design, all rules can be changed whatsoever in case of consensus, no matter whether they contradict an old rule or not. this is a deeper level of self-amendment comparing to the initial design. you can even replace the whole tau's code, the logic, everything.

If the "tau" or "root" team will define the code of the platform itself, then I did't get if that mechanism of changing the rules occurs in all teams except "root"? Changes in the rules of particular team by consensus there some how influence the "root"- the whole platform?
Can you provide some very simple use case example? Maybe even with comparison of same use case in Etherium, if it even can be compared.

not sure i understood (maybe has to do with the rule-by-rule or contract-draft-by-draft as in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=950309.msg17799590#msg17799590 recalling that replacing the whole contract draft is like replacing the whole client's code so it can be totally different),
every team can change their own rules, or equivalently their own [pre-]theory, and if the team happens to be designing code, then they can agree that the spec is ready and then synthesize code from the spec and run it. but they won't be able to change the code of the platform (tau) itself. for that, a specific team (root/tau) will be created.
the root team will have a huge influence on the platform, and theoretically they can destroy all other teams and the whole thing. if something is amendable, then it can change to something completely different.
to bootstrap final tau's process, we will have a team over the alpha that supports programs, and over it we will construct a self-amending decentralized program (tau), after we all take into considerations the security of the system. so the final construct will not begin empty as planned from the beginning, but on the other hand, it won't begin arbitrary, but begin with rules under consensus derived over previous alphas.
i don't think it's comparable to eth. eth is by no means self-defining or self-amending.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
ryvirath

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 06:45:51 AM

not sure i understood (maybe has to do with the rule-by-rule or contract-draft-by-draft as in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=950309.msg17799590#msg17799590 recalling that replacing the whole contract draft is like replacing the whole client's code so it can be totally different),
every team can change their own rules, or equivalently their own [pre-]theory, and if the team happens to be designing code, then they can agree that the spec is ready and then synthesize code from the spec and run it. but they won't be able to change the code of the platform (tau) itself. for that, a specific team (root/tau) will be created.
the root team will have a huge influence on the platform, and theoretically they can destroy all other teams and the whole thing. if something is amendable, then it can change to something completely different.
to bootstrap final tau's process, we will have a team over the alpha that supports programs, and over it we will construct a self-amending decentralized program (tau), after we all take into considerations the security of the system. so the final construct will not begin empty as planned from the beginning, but on the other hand, it won't begin arbitrary, but begin with rules under consensus derived over previous alphas.
i don't think it's comparable to eth. eth is by no means self-defining or self-amending.

Maybe similar to Dfinity. It's Ethereum plus a new type of consensus mechanism plus the blockchain nervous system. The BNS is basically a super user AI (with op codes that can alter any parameters) coordinated by a liquid democracy/futarchy. I'm pretty excited about it. Reminded me a little of Tau.
dmitryshech

Activity: 116

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 05:17:43 PM

Maybe similar to Dfinity. It's Ethereum plus a new type of consensus mechanism plus the blockchain nervous system. The BNS is basically a super user AI (with op codes that can alter any parameters) coordinated by a liquid democracy/futarchy. I'm pretty excited about it. Reminded me a little of Tau.

Yes, it's understood that the self-defining and self-amending are the main thing here. But I refer to eth just in purpose of better understanding from my non tech beginner point of view. I am trying to visualize the tau without getting too much into how it technically happens.  Your example with facebook was very helpful for visualizing but facebook is also not self-defining and self-amending.

If you want the largest possible audience to actually read the paper it has to draw the right picture in target audence minds. I don't even understand in full how exactly etherium works but I for sure understand it better than tau for now, I understand the advantages of etherium and smart contracts and what it can bring to the world. After I got familiar with Tauchain I realized that there is a limitations in etherium, and tau is trying to brake those limitations. I am sure I am not alone at that level of understanding, the comment of ryvirath above proofs that.

Is it right to say that the "self-amending decentralized program (tau)" is equivalent of eth's virtual machine? Teams over tau can create smart contracts collaboratively in a very innovative way, using a new consensus mechanism (contract-draft-by-draft) that prevents paradoxes and contradictions. What happens next? How and where self-amending happens? How blockchain involved here? What is the structure?

Maybe you're right and eth it's not the right example, then what could be the right one? Nomic, the process of theory formation and so on it's very interesting but something is missing here, it should be warped in something that makes it sound simple. I am just trying to be helpful here and represent some fraction (maybe even significant one) of the target audience that going to read that paper.
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2017, 06:09:33 PM

Yes, it's understood that the self-defining and self-amending are the main thing here. But I refer to eth just in purpose of better understanding from my non tech beginner point of view. I am trying to visualize the tau without getting too much into how it technically happens.  Your example with facebook was very helpful for visualizing but facebook is also not self-defining and self-amending.

If you want the largest possible audience to actually read the paper it has to draw the right picture in target audence minds. I don't even understand in full how exactly etherium works but I for sure understand it better than tau for now, I understand the advantages of etherium and smart contracts and what it can bring to the world. After I got familiar with Tauchain I realized that there is a limitations in etherium, and tau is trying to brake those limitations. I am sure I am not alone at that level of understanding, the comment of ryvirath above proofs that.

eth is a system about coins and contracts. tau is something completely different. it has no coins or contracts, but is a platform that such things can be created over it (like agoras will be an economy over tau). more accurately, tau is a tool for collaborative definition of itself, no more and no less, and from there can evolve into anything.

Is it right to say that the "self-amending decentralized program (tau)" is equivalent of eth's virtual machine?

no. if there were already one truly collaboratively-self-amending piece of software, i wouldn't have to write tau

Teams over tau can create smart contracts collaboratively in a very innovative way,

tau is a tool for collaboratively forming theories and software, in the most general sense. nothing to do with coins/contracts specifically

using a new consensus mechanism (contract-draft-by-draft) that prevents paradoxes and contradictions.

the proposed mechanism is not the draft-by-draft example, but somewhere in the middle of the two examples. it's a very simple yet slightly ugly formula, i'll explain it in the presentation. what it aims to do is to calculate the precise core that all players agree on.

What happens next? How and where self-amending happens? How blockchain involved here? What is the structure?

blockchain is just for us to securely know "which rule came first". and this will be the main centralized aspect in the first alpha: a server that time-orders messages. afterwards we'll collaboratively move into a fully decentralized system.

i hope it's helpful, please let me know, indeed my current efforts is maximizing the range of the public that will be able to understand the concepts (therefore obv the current terminology is tentative)

Tau-Chain & Agoras
kjn311

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 07:00:40 PM

Tau needs a use case and just market that. Ethereum use case was smart contracts. To me, Tau "main" use case is Artificial Intelligence. Market AI when talking about Tau. Maybe even change the name to something cool and robotic like "Skynet".  Grin
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2017, 07:03:44 PM

Tau needs a use case and just market that. Ethereum use case was smart contracts. To me, Tau "main" use case is Artificial Intelligence. Market AI when talking about Tau. Maybe even change the name to something cool and robotic like "Skynet".  Grin

indeed an important motivation of tau, is to bring the power of AI to everyone altogether (and by everyone altogether), rather to be held by centralized entities

Tau-Chain & Agoras
kjn311

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 07:17:31 PM

indeed an important motivation of tau, is to bring the power of AI to everyone altogether (and by everyone altogether), rather to be held by centralized entities

In my humble opinion, it should be majority focused on AI and ideas like the Internet of Things. Right now I think the concept is so abstract that people don't really grasp what this is. Yea it can be alot of things but I want to hear about cool decentralized terminator robots.

Just tell me you are building Skynet: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skynet_(Terminator)

Thanks for all your hard work.
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2017, 07:38:13 PM

Just tell me you are building Skynet: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skynet_(Terminator)

Skynet is a fictional neural net-based conscious group mind and artificial general intelligence (see also superintelligence) system

tau is not neural net. we'll reach skynet once we implement a neural net over tau (easy) and train it (hard).
the direct training of tau is not by machine learning methods but more like "rule based AI" methods

Tau-Chain & Agoras
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 ... 170 »
  Print  

Jump to: