Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:44:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 170 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Tau-Chain and Agoras Official Thread: Generalized P2P Network  (Read 309530 times)
ohad (OP)

Activity: 897
Merit: 1000

http://idni.org

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2017, 09:35:05 PM

The important thing to think when marketing this is: THINK GLOBAL. Not just crypto market. You have to be thinking Disney / Google sized scope when coming at this. We want the world the adopt this, not just the crypto community.

We must think BIGGER! Include everyone on this planet.

i completely agree, and that's why the materials i'm preparing now are intended for any thinking reader, not only techies. ofc this makes the writing much harder. but not x100 harder, as the audience size grows

Tau-Chain & Agoras
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dmitryshech

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 19, 2017, 10:09:54 PM

you're absolutly right, and those topics were not forgotten, but planned for after the first alpha (initially they were planned to come between tau and agoras). the rationale is to come to the public in large scale after we have a lot in hand. that's always better than coming with little and afterwards coming with the big thing. however i needed to begin with some initial funding, and as you can see, most if not all the buyers are people who understand things, otherwise they wouldn't invest, as one cannot yet see the benefits of this project without going a little deep. that's also "by design".
ofc i'll be glad for further suggestions

Coming with a lot in hand definitely make sense. And I see now that it's easier to explain to masses the Agoras vision. Tau can bee seen as foundation on which Agaros ( or other progects) can be build. You can't explain the Agoras without tau and tau itself very hard to explain to non tech people without adding the Agoras sense to it.

How close we are to first alpha?
The participation of the community will be needed for building the tau after the alphas finished?
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2017, 10:46:30 PM

you're absolutly right, and those topics were not forgotten, but planned for after the first alpha (initially they were planned to come between tau and agoras). the rationale is to come to the public in large scale after we have a lot in hand. that's always better than coming with little and afterwards coming with the big thing. however i needed to begin with some initial funding, and as you can see, most if not all the buyers are people who understand things, otherwise they wouldn't invest, as one cannot yet see the benefits of this project without going a little deep. that's also "by design".

Coming with a lot in hand definitely make sense. And I see now that it's easier to explain to masses the Agoras vision. Tau can bee seen as foundation on which Agaros ( or other progects) can be build. You can't explain the Agoras without tau and tau itself very hard to explain to non tech people without adding the Agoras sense to it.

The participation of the community will be needed for building the tau after the alphas finished?

on the new materials it'll be seen that (the new) tau is for the masses as well.
i dont know to estimate times. every time i try, i fail. but the first alpha doesn't need to begin perfect, it can contain bugs or be partial and be improved with time, because it'll be centralized. yet it'll bootstrap as collaborative process, not only among humans, but for the first time, humans and machines together. i could write the final tau myself as was initially planned, but it'll be better to get help from others, without discriminating machine and human intelligence.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
MorAltsPlease

Activity: 282
Merit: 250

Fear only from the fear itself

View Profile
March 22, 2017, 07:23:49 PM

on the new materials it'll be seen that (the new) tau is for the masses as well.
i dont know to estimate times. every time i try, i fail. but the first alpha doesn't need to begin perfect, it can contain bugs or be partial and be improved with time, because it'll be centralized. yet it'll bootstrap as collaborative process, not only among humans, but for the first time, humans and machines together. i could write the final tau myself as was initially planned, but it'll be better to get help from others, without discriminating machine and human intelligence.

Ohad my friend don't take this in the wrong way but Tau is all except for the masses.....this is the most heavy deep discussion in this forum with tens of pages of philosophical information....your masses need a web site and new thread with simple explanations and use cases that are clear to the average joe
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2017, 11:47:42 PM

Ohad my friend don't take this in the wrong way but Tau is all except for the masses.....this is the most heavy deep discussion in this forum with tens of pages of philosophical information....your masses need a web site and new thread with simple explanations and use cases that are clear to the average joe

that all regards the old tau. the new tau was barely revealed yet

Tau-Chain & Agoras
MorAltsPlease

Activity: 282

Fear only from the fear itself

View Profile
March 23, 2017, 08:05:22 AM

And when can you assume we will have a chance to be revealed to it??
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2017, 08:25:51 AM

And when can you assume we will have a chance to be revealed to it??

that's exactly what i work on right now. to write down the new design in a language understood to the wide public (except few isolated technical sections)

Tau-Chain & Agoras
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2017, 06:03:11 PM

that's exactly what i work on right now. to write down the new design in a language understood to the wide public (except few isolated technical sections)

Will coding start after the new design/paper is presented or is it being done simultaneously?   Undecided

i planned it to come after, but in practice i do work on both. fortunately the first alpha need not be perfect (unlike the final tau). and i truely apologize for the time it takes. people close to me can see the daily progress, but i understand the feeling of waiting so long and not seeing much yet. obviously this will change, and the time and stress i'm into now will eventually seen to be more than justified. choosing the too short way right now would be to releave stress from myself but for high prices, e.g. in the price of chances of adoption (regarding the paper taking long in order to fit large audience), which affects the expected future revenue and success of the network and also the future tau development over the alphas.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
dmitryshech

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 07:31:14 PM

Will coding start after the new design/paper is presented or is it being done simultaneously?   Undecided

i planned it to come after, but in practice i do work on both. fortunately the first alpha need not be perfect (unlike the final tau). and i truely apologize for the time it takes. people close to me can see the daily progress, but i understand the feeling of waiting so long and not seeing much yet. obviously this will change, and the time and stress i'm into now will eventually seen to be more than justified. choosing the too short way right now would be to releave stress from myself but for high prices, e.g. in the price of chances of adoption (regarding the paper taking long in order to fit large audience), which affects the expected future revenue and success of the network and also the future tau development over the alphas.

No need to apologize, Ohad!  I was just missing that one little detail in relation to the new design...  Smiley

Yes, no rush. I personally  very appreciate what you are doing and I believe most of the community does as swell (except maybe few short term junkies   Wink) I believe that your hard and stressful work will for sure bear the fruits, it always does...

Maybe the only thing we missing here is updates on the road map and news about new professionals joining the team (huge stress relife factor btw), it's more about the right way rather than short way.
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2017, 07:50:25 PM

Maybe the only thing we missing here is updates on the road map and news about new professionals joining the team (huge stress relife factor btw), it's more about the right way rather than short way.

indeed i look for the fastest way to "stop being alone". and that's why we need a paper (otherwise how can experts read and know what it's about? we tried the naive way already and unsurprisingly i can't get them enthusiast in a short email), and the alpha which will make the rest of the dev collaborative (sorry for repeating it so many times)

Tau-Chain & Agoras
John_Paul

Activity: 269

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 02:06:48 AM

I remember there is a 15% reward program if not moving the tokens since a cutoff day? what is the cutoff day and will the tokens stored in Omni be qualified for that reward?
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2017, 05:29:56 AM

I remember there is a 15% reward program if not moving the tokens since a cutoff day? what is the cutoff day and will the tokens stored in Omni be qualified for that reward?

that's right, see here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=950309.msg17841993#msg17841993

Tau-Chain & Agoras
MrWhiteBites

Activity: 770
Merit: 511

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
March 26, 2017, 06:15:15 AM

Maybe i should of waited to sell all my AGRS.  Well good luck to those in Agoras, with all these alts pumping all over the place, maybe , just maybe...

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2017, 03:15:29 PM

thanks to our friend Dana Edwards https://steemit.com/tauchain/@dana-edwards/how-to-become-a-stakeholder-in-agoras-and-indirectly-tauchain

Tau-Chain & Agoras
mr_Zombie

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 06:56:52 AM

voting is such a black-or-white thing. if you propose something, am i allowed to say only "yes" or "no"? how about a system supporting a more constructive yet formal discussion? Smiley and what if your proposal is incomplete, yet not worthless, and you want to propose others to offer you a completion?
and what if your proposal is contradictory, yet not worthless? there might be, for example, several ways to resolve the contradiction, and you'd like your friends (or team members) to suggest you which to choose.

So basically this would be a formalized negotiation process for several participants in a blockchain?
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 07:22:25 AM

voting is such a black-or-white thing. if you propose something, am i allowed to say only "yes" or "no"? how about a system supporting a more constructive yet formal discussion? Smiley and what if your proposal is incomplete, yet not worthless, and you want to propose others to offer you a completion?
and what if your proposal is contradictory, yet not worthless? there might be, for example, several ways to resolve the contradiction, and you'd like your friends (or team members) to suggest you which to choose.

So basically this would be a formalized negotiation process for several participants in a blockchain?

exactly, except "blockchain", which is optional. most of apps in the world in general (and over tau) wouldn't need a blockchain.

as one simple example: if we want to do the distributed ledger magic, but we have a little stronger assumption that we have the complete list of all participants, then the synchronization problem can be solved efficiently and doesn't need a blockchain with mining. see the book "reasoning about knowledge" by fagin&halpern chapter 6.
and this (having the full list of participants) will happen a lot in groups over tau. however not always ofc

Tau-Chain & Agoras
Sadio

Activity: 75

What is wet may never dry

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 03:28:31 PM

Is agoras the new Zennet?? I'm not sure I undestood
Saturday97

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 04:52:40 PM

Yes it is
ohad (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 06:09:28 PM

Yes it is

zennet's features will be a small fraction of agoras' features. for more information about agoras' see these two videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFmaX-oumNw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKhzo_60f6Y
(unfortunately, for now they are the most covering materials out there when it comes to agoras, but ofc it'll change)

Tau-Chain & Agoras
dmitryshech

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 09:22:51 PM

The important thing to think when marketing this is: THINK GLOBAL. Not just crypto market. You have to be thinking Disney / Google sized scope when coming at this. We want the world the adopt this, not just the crypto community.

We must think BIGGER! Include everyone on this planet.

i completely agree, and that's why the materials i'm preparing now are intended for any thinking reader, not only techies. ofc this makes the writing much harder. but not x100 harder, as the audience size grows

Allow me to disagree on some points here. Thinking global in Disney / Google sized scope is right but the approach and ways to reach the global in today's information and connections world are very different. The world is very colorful if you don't speak to techies, if you talk about black some people see grey in it and you are invisible for them. It's better to concentrate on a group of people outside the tech box (non tech crypto community), to frame your story in they worldview but to frame it in a way that it will be easy for them to spread it to the rest of the world. The story about Tau should be "spreadable".
here is the best book of Seth Godin that talks exactly about those concepts: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B4FrvXeliUyYQTlBZTRQR0ZZTnM/edit
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 170 »
  Print  

Jump to: