Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:28:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Tau-Chain and Agoras Official Thread: Generalized P2P Network  (Read 309176 times)
panzer88

Activity: 129
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 01:50:30 AM

Hello,
I like to share my views on  the project and i must say in advance that it wont be nice.Im sorry about all the grammar mistakes im going to do.
I found about tau chain in April last year and after reading everything i was able to find i invested in May.
Since than i continued to inform myself on almost daily basis what was going on ,because it was quite big % of my portfolio.
I must say that i really liked the idea and continue to like it ,but i always had the feeling that it is more of an " utopia" and as
days/months passed, that become more and more true for me .I used to have 100 k agoras and in the time of this post i own 0.
I must say that getting rid of it, took big weight of my shoulders ,but ofcourse i ended with less BTC than i invested so in a loss.
I would like to share my views on why i did that here,cause im sure that if i try to do it in the IRC i would be instantly named as a troll
as everyone who dares  not to praise the project.
The project is almost 3 years old.There was a big conflict between the original team and Ohad Assor, who is now the one and only person
behind agoras.The other members said and i quote:" we begged Ohad not to do and ICO ,cause we were never about the money in the first
place ,but  he was very determined to do it"
Than apperantly there was a big "mistake/error" in the original Tau design and Ohad decided to split and "start everything from scratch".
There are quite a few things, that alot of people have asked but never got answers for.Ofcourse they were named as trolls and Ohad stopped
posting here,where every new investor is first to come and gather info about it.
So till now there are 32 000 000 tokens sold out of 42.
Take in mind that the % that is left for the team ,if one person can be named team is really really small ,as i remember few hundred thousand tokens.
Wait a little, people will ask themselves ,why he/they would do that, every project leaves nice % of the coins so when they are sucesful they will
benefit from their work, but not Mr.Assor cause he prefers to sit on hundreds and hundreds of BTC .
What he has done with them you will ask and why did he needed them in the first place ,because it was always about the working product in his words and
he is at the stage of pre alpha nowadays.
The answer is : noone except him knows,but they are not put in research,marketing,website,new hires, thats for sure.
The website is like from stone age , nothing has been done for year, and just recently he posted one blog from which i guess 95% +
of the investors didnt get anything .But ofcourse he can not be bothered to update the content and the design of the website,which is
the face of the project, why he would do that.There is no official twitter,no official blog, no facebook, no telegram , no place where
you can inform yourself about the project from the owner/developer about what is going on with your money  except an IRC log , and we are in 2018. I must say that there is a
telegram and facebook ,but they gather the info from the IRC, Ohad never posts there.
About the IRC. There are like 5 people who are doing all the convo, literally. Ohad,liamio,Karov, occasionally dmiles and dana edwards from steemit.
If you read between the thousands of chat lines im sure that the usefull info about the project is less than 5%,everything else is just mindless spam chat.
And yet this is the official place,where new investors will come to gather info and put their money into the project.Maybe it is only me ,but i dont
think this is a good way to do marketing.But ofcourse why Ohad needs to promote Tau Chain Agoras.The project is only 3 years old and still in pre-alpha.
But he continues to say ,go ahead, go invest in some fancy scam project with flashy site and no product.I have read posts from Ohad,how every major coin out there sucks,
how they claim to be something they are not, how they are a joke, yet he has few github commits with zero reviews in years,but still he never stops laughing at other
projects, cause his one is "unique", its all about the product...
Ofcourse Ohad can not be bothered to even give weekly or monthly update on what is going on, what he is doing .
The answer is always working on the code.Ofcourse he can not hire someone to help him ,not because he hasnt sold 32 mill tokens for hundreds of BTC ,
but because there is " noone who can help him". Why? Because Ohad numerous of times has said that even he cant explain what Tau is about.
Ofcourse there is another thing: how Ohad threats his investors.
I can tell you how,he doesnt care one bit about them,they already gave him their BTC ,now they will wait for a miracle.
Numerous of people have asked on the IRC ,for him to do weekly or monthly update to share some light about the project, he doesnt care one bit.
Maybe he thinks that all of his investors are sitting on hundreds of BTC like him, i dont know.I have seen lines from him to  investors in the IRC like:
"sell than, i dont care,leave me alone, my only obligation to the investors is to release a product".But he never gives timeline,it can be done in 2020,in 2030 or 2050......
Imagine the investors that participated in the last sell of tokens in June ,their coins are locked till the release of Agoras.Can you imagine that....
At the moment, it is on stage pre-alpha, than tml,alpha, beta, tauchain and than Agoras.
Recently he stated that his investors won money ?!!
13:07 < naturalog> most of them earned
13:07 < naturalog> most of them bought way below 20 cent a token"
 Imagine that,im quite sure that maybe all of them lost in BTC  ,cause when you invest in something
with your BTC,you expect to get more BTC from it, but im sure that Ohad is on much higher logic and he must be right, you must know he is never wrong.....
There was big hype about the new code, the "long blog where he would explain everything to the investors".
So there was a code,ofcourse there are no reviews ,other than dana edwards who is one of the few people interested and still invested in the project who
tries to promote it,who tried to do some reviews, but ofcourse he couldnt quite do that,cause noone understands what is going on .Only dana edwards from all the experts,all the devs.....
The blog,was supposed to explain everything from June , was named as " should  be considered as short white paper",when many times it was said that the white paper could not be done cause it was so big and it could be long as a thesis and will take forever...yet the shortened white paper is 50 sentences...About the code he stated in December:
15:25 < naturalog> high quality innovative and useful (for various industries) code will be on github this year that's for sure
Can i ask Mr.Ohad , Can you share some of the industries that are using your code, or some of the companies that asked you to implement it?
I know the answer.It will be: leave me alone, you are just another troll.
This post has become so long ,but  there are alot of bad feelings,memories and anger from this project that this had to be said.I  have invested in alot of projects ,but i never imagined that i will end up in such where there is zero respect to the investors and their hard earned money.
From the things i read for more than 8 months, Ohad may be highly intelligent person,but on the other side i feel that he is extremely selfish and doesnt care
about anyone else than him,and the only reason that this project is not yet named as a scam is that he has put his face behind it and continues to postpone
everything to infinity.
For the new investors, if you want to give your money for something that noone knows what it is,with no team,with no roadmap,with no updates,that will be completed
when it is completed go ahead it is your money.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dmitryshech

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 05:45:07 AM

For the new investors, if you want to give your money for something that noone knows what it is,with no team,with no roadmap,with no updates,that will be completed
when it is completed go ahead it is your money.

I can see where you coming from and I think critics is also good, if it's constructive Smiley we all humans at the end of a day and need to be with our feet on the ground.  This is not a regular project though and requires some balls to invest, high risk = high profit potential. Do you really think it's a problem to wrap the whole thing in some very shinny package if all the intentions is to rip off the investors? about 90% of projects on coinmarketcup do just that, they say to investors the words they want to hear.

With that said I think that not to wrap it at all it's also not the best idea but Ohad said that he will start the marketing only with something in hand. I do believe him and ready to loose all my investment if something goes wrong because I really don't see any other project in space that even dare to try what Ohad is trying to do. No body even think it's possible. Well, maybe it isn't but if it is succeed... I'm not a Lambo and all that shit person but you got the point.

Those who willing to take the risks in early stages at times of uncertainty will benefit more then those who will join when the shiny website and marketing will start.  Don't you think it's fair? 

one question:  what is your motivation to write such a speech here if you already have no AGRS? 
Eventine

Activity: 90
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 12:31:30 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2018, 12:59:44 PM by Eventine

I understand that people don't always have the patience to invest in a project like this, especially in the crytpo space where we're use to seeing a lot of hype over mediocre products, that is of course, up to the risk appetite of the individual investor.

However, I feel obligated to clarify over a few factual inconsistencies:

1. As you said, Tau's predecessor Zennet started 3 years ago which predated these other team members who 'begged Ohad not to do an ICO'. In other words the ICO started before there were other team members.

2. The number of tokens reserved for the team is 3%. Compare this to the 30-50% we are use to seeing in this space and you understand just how generous Ohad is, even if that 3% entirely goes to him. The amount of BTC he's raised from this project is a pale shadow compared to what he could have made had he just concentrated on marketing alone rather than design. But that would not be in the best interests of long term investors.

3. There are updates on average once every 2-3 days. It is highly technical because Tau itself is highly technical and at the start we're dealing with very abstract ideas at the cutting edge of maths, programming and logic. Ohad more than welcomes any serious technical criticism of his design. Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean there are no updates.

4. Ohad promised initial code release and an explanatory blog last year and we got that. The next stage will be the full Tau Meta Language, and after that, the Discussions Platform. He believes it is quite likely both these milestones will be reached this year.

5. We have an active telegram https://t.me/tauchain, reddit, twitter and facebook page as well.

6. He has acknowledged the contributions of a number of developers in this space. He just believes that the design of shoving a programming language into the blockchain and forcing every node to run the same code is too limited in practice. It's not merely a tx/sec issue. It's a fundamental design limitation that renders the technology somewhat impractical.

7. Most of the early investors likely at least broke even in BTC terms. Which means they're up about 10x-20x in USD.

Tau is a very ambitious project and is progressing along nicely, but it's not easy for people on the outside to tell. Just the alpha will allow us to consensus and accelerate the production of knowledge, which will make it an indispensable piece of technology, unlike any other crypto project. And in all honesty, I am a little bit skeptical of the motivations of a new account that FUDs a project the moment after he claims he's dumped $250k USD worth of tokens.
panzer88

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 03:19:44 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2018, 03:32:10 PM by panzer88

I havent been called a troll yet,maybe because i mentioned that but FUD-ster will do aswell....
Yeah,you got me im spreading FUD cause i want to fill my bags with this "gem","insanely undervalued project","the next biggest thing".
I was sure that the few fanboys left here,who are the same in Reddit will jump for the rescue,but i didnt see any of them saying that i was lying about anything.
dmitryshech - How do you know that i dont have the patience? I have invested in 7 projects so far and i only have dropped Agoras.
Yeah ,the usual speech about newbies wanting 10x-100x in a few months and shinning Lambo...
"Ohad said that he will start the marketing only with something in hand" .Can you tell me why he took hundreds in not thousands of BTC for, when in his words it was all about
the working product and he is not using the funding for anything like expanding the team,new hires,new website,marketing,exposure etc?
Maybe it was cause he wanted to ride the ICO wave as soon as possible and grab as much money as he can.
Ofcourse every early investor is taking much bigger risk than everyone, thank you for the wisdom btw..
The main point im trying to make is the way investors and their money are treated.The way i have been treated for 9 months and all the bullshit i experienced dealing with this
project was the motivation for me to write this posts.Also the mere fact that noone seems to care about this stuff seems extremely surprising to me.
Eventime i assume you are Liamiao ,if not my apologies, but if so maybe if you put your head out Ohad's behind once in a while you may see things differently.
Im surprised that the only thing you could come up is Fuder and "of the motivations of a new account that FUDs a project the moment after he claims he's dumped $250k USD worth of tokens."
Yes i did have 100 k tokens at one point.I just wanted to point that out, for the people reading not to think that another one with few hundreds tokens who didnt get his Lambo is now mad.
But if i had 100 , 100 k or 1 mil tokens doesnt matter , the facts matter and i would like to see what from i posted is not true.
You mentioned zennet.You are wrong ,zennet was the project before Tauchain,this is were Ohad and HMC met and started working together.
The words about begging him not to do ICO are from HMC and are about TAU and are in the old #tau  log after the conflict between them in June.Ofcourse one of the most
respected dev on this forum was treated the same way Ohad treats his investors, with lines like: you are troll, leave me alone, i dont want to talk to you etc...
"Compare this to the 30-50% we are use to seeing in this space and you understand just how generous Ohad is, even if that 3% entirely goes to him"
Now i understand it.Its not like he wanted to get as much money as he can for himself ,but he is GENEROUS.
Infact when i invest i prefer the team to have reasonable % of the tokens fro the simple reason that they have bigger motivation to succeed and are much less likely
to dump them, but i guess its only me.
You said working telegram and Reddit,twitter,facebook.If you didnt read i said that there is a Telegram,but it is ran by Liaomiao,and the only info you can find is the same one
as the IRC,except the lines: when it takes off it will be the biggest thing you have seen, wait till Ohad releases than it will explode, this could be top 5 coin etc...
Twitter, give me a break .Its not ran by Ohad ,check the tweets it is useless.About the facebook i said it myself ,there is one ,Ohad never posts there.Reddit the same 5 fanboys from here.
"Most of the early investors likely at least broke even in BTC terms. Which means they're up about 10x-20x in USD"
Define early?Cause this project is so old that early can mean alot of things?And the best thing for investors is to break even?Please dont talk to me about USD ,it is funny.
"There are updates on average once every 2-3 days." This is a complete lie, everyone can read the log and tell me if they find even 1% useful info in the thousands of chat lines.
Tell me do you think it is normal in 2018, with hundreds of BTC funding, the investors need to dig in a IRC log to find something about their investment?
Im just astonished how people still are talking things like : "Tau is a very ambitious project and is progressing along nicely"
How you know that ?Noone knows what is going on? Thats why in the whole community there are max 10 people who can write few sentences describing Tau.
We were waiting so passionately about the release of the code in December?Where are the reviews excpet Dana's? How can no dev or expert reviewed it ?
Go ask Ohad about : 15:25 < naturalog> high quality innovative and useful (for various industries) code will be on github this year that's for sure
Which industries, what companies ?
Everything i posted here is true, it hurts but it is true.

EDIT
Wow i just read the IRC log and yes Eventine =Liaomiao
And it turns out that im :12:36 < Liaomiao> I typed up a reply, I guess you called it, autonomic ppl pulling the strings from backstage again
I am from #autonomic lol.  I told you what was gonna happen the same 5 fanboys will label me as troll ,it is so funny.
Touche
dmitryshech

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:25:22 PM

dmitryshech - How do you know that i dont have the patience? I have invested in 7 projects so far and i only have dropped Agoras.
Yeah ,the usual speech about newbies wanting 10x-100x in a few months and shinning Lambo...
"Ohad said that he will start the marketing only with something in hand" .Can you tell me why he took hundreds in not thousands of BTC for, when in his words it was all about
the working product and he is not using the funding for anything like expanding the team,new hires,new website,marketing,exposure etc?

I'm not saying you don't have patience and I'm not judging your investments decisions, more over, I even agree on some points and raised same questions here on this thread, but still my decision is to HOLD, I have my reasons for that and even if at some point I will decide for one reason or another to drop AGRS I certainly will not come back here after that to express my deep disappointment. Even if I'll sell for 3$ and will wake up one day and see it went to 100$...  (in this case it will look even more weird than if it will fall to 30c)

I understand your frustration, ok, we got it, it's not professional, it's unacceptable etc..etc..
someone force you to invest again? or did Ohad forced you to invest initially in may? There is plenty of projects that meets your criterias, we live in a free world
Bereon

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 09:20:26 PM
Last edit: January 20, 2018, 10:30:37 PM by Bereon

Imagine for a moment,that Ohad did not do the longest ICO of CMC. One day it presents the complete TML and an exact term for the whole platform, prestigious team and the best marketing. In this way,
How many minutes would the ICO last? and how many people could you access?
I'm telling you, 4 whales. It has already happened in other projects and not so challenging.
In my opinion, Ohad universalizes Agoras, with the rhythm of his work. In this way, small investors can participate with low prices and high risk, but excited to participate in a project of unimaginable scope. While this is happening, hard speculators who do not have patience (seeing how other projects go to the moon) leave the project snarling.
I entered in March and those who showed me the way are no longer here. If you do not have patience and confidence, this is not your place.
Elorpar

Activity: 44
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:27:51 AM

Nothing new.... Is Agoras a scam? Is Dana Edwards a market manipulator?

https://steemit.com/tauchain/@dana-edwards/is-agoras-a-scam-is-dana-edwards-a-market-manipulator

https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1576620
NILIcoin

Activity: 638
Merit: 530

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 12:46:50 PM

- u guys have any funding?

We are an open, voluntary collaboration.  We do not generally seek funding or offer any vestment vehicle, as we find it antithetical to the aims of the project.  (You are of course welcome and encouraged to support the project in other ways, including funding individual developers directly at your discretion - we just don't promise any sort of monetary ROI from the project on such.)

This brunch (of the tauchian split) s now supported by the Agoras tokens as well.

The main developers of the original Tauchain Ohad and HMC have always been fully engaged with the project, however that engagement resulted in harsh disagreements which led to the split. The other two developers of the original tauchian, Koo and stoopkid  guided by HMC are now working on the autonomic branch drafting the milestones and estimated timeline.  
ohad (OP)

Activity: 897
Merit: 1000

http://idni.org

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2018, 01:00:02 PM
Last edit: January 21, 2018, 09:21:54 PM by ohad

We are an open, voluntary collaboration.  We do not generally seek funding or offer any vestment vehicle, as we find it antithetical to the aims of the project.  (You are of course welcome and encouraged to support the project in other ways, including funding individual developers directly at your discretion - we just don't promise any sort of monetary ROI from the project on such.)

This brunch (of the tauchian split) s now supported by the Agoras tokens as well.

namely as an act of betrayal nili decided to give from the tokens i gave her (for supporting the project ~3 years long) to support the autonomic "project", which is much less of a competitor, and much more of a vandalist enemy (specifically hmc's behind-the-back operations that didn't stop till nowadays). so take into account that 100k tokens are now allocated to them thanks to nili. this ofc will be deduced from the 0.5% of the tokens i promised to hmc once he reveals his identity to the community (the latter requirement came after he showed maliciuous behavior)

Tau-Chain & Agoras
litec0ins

Activity: 64

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:05:03 PM

namely as an act of betrayal nili decided to give from the tokens i gave her (for supporting the project ~3 years long) to support the autonomic "project", which is much less of a competitor, and much more of a vandalist enemy. so take into account that 100k tokens are now allocated to them thanks to nili. this ofc will be deduced from the 0.5% of the tokens i promised to hmc once he reveals his identity to the community (the latter requirement came after he showed maliciuous behavior)

Why would he need to proof his identity? You are the one who has been taking millions of dollars for 3 years now not him.
You have collected millions and don't even tell people what country you live in...seems legit.
NILIcoin

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:10:23 PM

We are an open, voluntary collaboration.  We do not generally seek funding or offer any vestment vehicle, as we find it antithetical to the aims of the project.  (You are of course welcome and encouraged to support the project in other ways, including funding individual developers directly at your discretion - we just don't promise any sort of monetary ROI from the project on such.)

namely as an act of betrayal nili decided to give from the tokens i gave her (for supporting the project ~3 years long) to support the autonomic "project", which is much less of a competitor, and much more of a vandalist enemy. so take into account that 100k tokens are now allocated to them thanks to nili. this ofc will be deduced from the 0.5% of the tokens i promised to hmc once he reveals his identity to the community (the latter requirement came after he showed maliciuous behavior)

As I may understand  Ohad's view as this being an act of betrayal, from my point of view I see it as the optimal action taken assuming the unresolved argument regarding the fundamentals of the construction of the tauchain as visioned both by Ohad and HMC.  
NILIcoin

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:27:59 PM

Why would he need to proof his identity? You are the one who has been taking millions of dollars for 3 years now not him.
You have collected millions and don't even tell people what country you live in...seems legit.

Ohad needed the funds and is using them for the development of the tauchian .
It has been taking all that time since both Ohad and HMC are in for the right construction , not the money, the tokens are the means to achieve that .

But yes have nothing to do with HMC identity. that was never part of the agreement between them. and so is Ohad's where about. it is his personal issue as is HMC identity .

HMC is not taking any payment. that was his standpoint all along and still is. He is whiling to participate in the development of the split (named autonomic)that is now funded with the Agoras tokens. as he also stated  in that quote above. so all interest are align even if feelings and egos are hurt.   
Eventine

Activity: 90

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:10:38 PM

Most of us willingly invested in the project because we believe in Ohad's intelligence, competence and vision. He didn't force us to surrender our money. Agoras remains as a project with one of the fairest and evenly distributed tokens in the crypto space.

I've been following the project since March last year and chose to invest in Ohad's ability to deliver on his design of Tau and Agoras. I believe most investors of Agoras tokens are in a similar boat.

I've not followed the Autonomic project, but I do sincerely hope the team succeeds in their endeavors and wish them the best. However, I find it disconcerting that some members of Autonomic have devoted considerable efforts to attack and undermine the interests of Agoras investors at every turn in the 10 months I've been following the project. I feel this is deeply unfair and hope it's not a reflection of the professional ethics of the Autonomic team as a whole.

2018 will be a monumental year for Tau and a lot of us are excited. I hope everyone can move forward amicably.
panzer88

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 02:43:02 PM

Why all of a sudden the talk turned about autonomic?
Cause they accused me of "pulling the strings from backstage"?
12:24 < naturalog> autonomic people
12:24 < naturalog> who begged for coins when we opened this channel
12:25 < Karov> ah i c
12:26 < Karov> other members of autonomic
12:36 < Liaomiao> I typed up a reply, I guess you called it, autonomic ppl pulling the strings from backstage again
13:04 < Karov> dunno which ones, but why at all to feed the trolls ?
13:07 < Liaomiao> i think it's not good if the latest message on the forums is a troll message, but i completely agree that ohad should not waste his time replying

What a bunch of clowns.
The only reason i know about autonomic is that someone mentioned it, in the very same thread some time ago.
All i know that all the devs from the previous Tau Chain are now there.I havent even logged in their channel once.
But ofcourse im instantly labelled as one of them.Typical Ohad defense.Same old troll, fudder.... now autonomic pulling the strings from backstage lol.
Sure he needed hundreds if not thousands of BTC to fund Tau Chain and he has been so transparent about spending them.
All i see is how he spends hours everyday in the IRC chat with mindless chat, about whatever and posting youtube videos.
He must have really expensive internet and lifestyle.
Why everybody say: noone forced you to invest.""
Who said the opposite?
Still even after Ohad came out of his cave, he didnt even bother to reply to some of the points i made and be sure he reads
this thread daily.
That proves alot ,the main thing is that he simply doesnt care. He only cares about how much his BTC ( previously your BTC) is worth.

Still:
15:25 < naturalog> high quality innovative and useful (for various industries) code will be on github this year that's for sure

Which industries, what companies ?
dmitryshech

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 05:44:40 PM

Imagine for a moment,that Ohad did not do the longest ICO of CMC. One day it presents the complete TML and an exact term for the whole platform, prestigious team and the best marketing. In this way,
How many minutes would the ICO last? and how many people could you access?
I'm telling you, 4 whales. It has already happened in other projects and not so challenging.
In my opinion, Ohad universalizes Agoras, with the rhythm of his work. In this way, small investors can participate with low prices and high risk, but excited to participate in a project of unimaginable scope. While this is happening, hard speculators who do not have patience (seeing how other projects go to the moon) leave the project snarling.
I entered in March and those who showed me the way are no longer here. If you do not have patience and confidence, this is not your place.

100% agree. In case everything will succeed and the progress positive, with the price rise and as much closer we to product release, we will see more and more of those impatient investors who left the train, trolls (even those claiming they are not),  jealous so called "vandalist enemy's" coming back here to throw they poison. It's just a human nature.
I think Ohad ready for this and his skin thick enough but anyways I want him to know that he has his supporters that appreciate his dedication to the project and his hard work.
NILIcoin

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:20:43 AM

Why doesn’t the autonomic project do an ico to raise money to fund their project?

One of the biggest problem of cryptocurrency is the lack of understanding of value , how it is created and how it is linked to a coin.
This problem carry on to the markets which does not reflect a rational value  since is using charts belonging to the fiat based stock-market and is mostly effected by traders who are used to that economy rules (but I will not address  the market issu on this reply)

On this reply I will address the issue of the Agoras token value and how the "Autonomic" branch of the project should increase that value, I will do that by mapping the evolution of the token:

1. 42,000,000 Coins where created by Ohad who is one of the two founders of the original Tauchain project.

2. These coins were issued to fund and eventually activate a platform named Zennet https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=736447.0 which Ohad started on his own and which was planned to enable decentralized contracts (for computing power at first) payed for by the token. The token sale started then and some initial investors already got in.

3.  HMC met Ohad around that time and both decided to  develop together the Tauchain which gives rise to the notion of the network being self-defining Sort of a "piece of code that download itself from github and execute it, again and again, while the code might be changed and do additional operations in the meanwhile. A Tau client downloads its own code from the root chain: it downloads a block, executes the code in it, and this code instructs how to download and run the next block. By that, the client understands the blockchain according to the network rules that were relevant at that point of time when the block was created. http://www.idni.org/blog/projectroadmap .

4. Ohad then decided that the original Zennet development would also move on to Tauchain and would be developed on the Tau rootchain as an app. For the investors that ment a delay in the actual execution of the token activated app, but for the price of developing  a much more advance autonomous ecosystem . On the way the investors gained the participation of a developer, some argue is at the top of his game.  His name on the bitcointalk forum is HunterMinerCrafter, which is how Ohad knew him and still is the only identity he goes by.    The tokens, now  named Agoras, moved on to the Tauchain projects and the sell continued under that new and more fundamental paradigm of a blockchain. While the root of that chain was never design to use or implement a token, Ohad affirmed his investors by committing to develop the Agoras activated app on the tauchian right after genesis of the Tauchain.

5. Once Tauchain was introduced by the two founders, Ohad and HMC, the new investors took on to the premise of that revolutionary self-defining network concept and invested in Agoras based on that.  

6. A dispute regarding the logic by which the underline language should be designed  resulted in a split leaving Ohad to lead the Tauchain development based on a new design while HMC with two other developers moved on to created Autonomic and continue executing the original design of the "old" Tauchain. They did not take any of the funds with them and did not commit to implement any app once genesis is achieved. iI terms of the investors half of the Tauchain effort that they invested in was no more funded by their investment.

7. Being involved in the project from the beginning ,( perceiving it as a crucial point to allow for a decentralized governing technology to be formed), I pleaded HMC and his team to ask for their share of the funds in order to support their branch of the development to create the rootchain on which the Agoras activated app would then be built. That request was also founded on Ohad's initial commitment to build the Agoras activated app on a chain that would prove to work. However this did not go well  since by that time the trust between the different developers reached an all time low.

8. Following that same line of reasoning I have decided to invest  my share of Agoras ( a share granted to me as having some key influences in the beginning and which was fully given to me by Ohad a while back) to help speed the development attempted by the Autonomic team. This move for lack of trust was perceived by Ohad as a betrayal . However I have constructed it (according to HMC suggestion) as a payment program that follow a milestones outline. In fact at that point I act as the treasurer of the Autonomic project.

9. To make sure that the Autonomic project will keep the vested interest of the Agoras Token holders  I have restricted all payment to be delivered in Agoras tokens as well as keeping all funds in Agoras token. This funding structure acts as insurance against a malicious damp while clearly incentive the Autonomic crew to work on behalf of the increased value to the Agoras tokens.

10. For the Angoras investors this move double the chance for return on their investment. Let me describe that in more details:
     A.  Assuming both chains would end up working out and on each a different Agoras based app would work then this would be like splitting the supply of the coins between two
          application. ( I hope that the math is clear to all Wink ) .
     B.  On the other hand since assuming a failure to construct a rootchain is an option , the chances for such failure, having two active teams working on two different approaches
          to this yet unresolved problem, just been reduced to half (I hope that this math is also clear to all Tongue).
     C.  I have great respect both for Ohad and HMC, I know both to be at the top of this game and to devote themselves for what they believe is the right way to achieve the same
          goal. However since both are yet to prove which is design is right. (maybe both would end up being complementary to each other) We as the investors are now put back in
          the position of gaining from the work of both teams despite the split and the distrust created along that fault line.

statdude
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:50:40 PM

When do we get our locked tokens? I thought that was supposed to be around 1/1/2018.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███████████████████████ █
█ █████     █ ▀██████████ █
█ █████     █   ▀████████ █
█ █████  ██ █     ▀██████ █

█ █████  ▀▀ █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█ █████  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  █████ █
█ █████             █████ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
  Website
    Twitter
      Gitlab
      Reddit
    Telegram
Whitepaper
  ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
█ ███▄    ███████▀   ▄███ █
█ ████▌    █████▀    ████ █
█ ████▌     ███▀     ████ █
█ ████▌▐█    █▀ █    ████ █
█ ████▌▐██     ██    ████ █
█ ████▌▐███   ███    ████ █
█ ███▀  ▀███ ███▀    ▀███ █
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
dmitryshech

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 06:47:36 PM

10. For the Angoras investors this move double the chance for return on their investment. Let me describe that in more details:
     A.  Assuming both chains would end up working out and on each a different Agoras based app would work then this would be like splitting the supply of the coins between two
     B.  On the other hand since assuming a failure to construct a rootchain is an option , the chances for such failure, having two active teams working on two different approaches
          to this yet unresolved problem, just been reduced to half (I hope that this math is also clear to all Tongue).
     C.  I have great respect both for Ohad and HMC, I know both to be at the top of this game and to devote themselves for what they believe is the right way to achieve the same
          goal. However since both are yet to prove which is design is right. (maybe both would end up being complementary to each other) We as the investors are now put back in
          the position of gaining from the work of both teams despite the split and the distrust created along that fault line.

Interesting... I would be the first who support that approach if not  that sentence from Ohad:

autonomic "project", is much less of a competitor, and much more of a vandalist enemy (specifically hmc's behind-the-back operations that didn't stop till nowadays). so take into account that 100k tokens are now allocated to them thanks to nili

so idk how that helps us
ohad (OP)

Activity: 897

http://idni.org

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2018, 07:02:09 PM

A.  Assuming both chains would end up working out and on each a different Agoras based app would work then this would be like splitting the supply of the coins between two
     B.  On the other hand since assuming a failure to construct a rootchain is an option , the chances for such failure, having two active teams working on two different approaches
     C.  I have great respect both for Ohad and HMC, I know both to be at the top of this game and to devote themselves for what they believe is the right way to achieve the same

Interesting... I would be the first who support that approach if not  that sentence from Ohad:

autonomic "project", is much less of a competitor, and much more of a vandalist enemy (specifically hmc's behind-the-back operations that didn't stop till nowadays). so take into account that 100k tokens are now allocated to them thanks to nili

so idk how that helps us

just ignore, that post is too disconnected from reality to worth even reading

Tau-Chain & Agoras
ders_a

Activity: 298

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 11:19:03 AM

sorry. I am reading second time about this project. still cannot understood what it is about. Anybody can explain at least 3-5 sentences in normal language what it is about? Also, anybody can tell how big is dev team? is it 1-2 dev only?

Pages: « 1 ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 [150] 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: