Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 01:02:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Next poll
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bullion (CBX) 'the Digital Precious Metal' | 2019 Roadmap published  (Read 359434 times)
elambert
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:08:09 PM

barterdex and blocknet are going to be the big news of this year i expect

cbx hopefully can get on both and deserves to be on both ... these fairly distributed projects are going to be the only ones left standing once regulations start sparking up all over the place.

icos are 99% scams

What steps are necessary to get listed on these 2 exchanges?

blocknet is free i believe just contact atcsecure and dan will be able to set it up or actually you can self add if if you know how i think

barterdex then jl777b is best to ask about that.

Thank you, I have reached out to both of the provided contacts.

Did you get anywhere with this elambert?

Crickets unfortunately

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
elambert
Legendary

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 04:14:12 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2018, 07:32:18 PM by elambert

@dev team

I have 2 questions

1) Let's say someone have 4000 bullions in one wallet but separated in two addresses (2k - 2k).
    This wallet considered as one or two masternode(s) ?

2) How the network recognizes the masternode(ID), by Client IP Address, by wallet address or something else ?
    I ask this cause i think many of the clients doesn't have static IP addresses and they must take actions to be prepared
    for participate in masternode queue.

many congrats for your efforts dev team, keep up...

1) Each BPN will have its own unique address and hold 2k CBX. One can run multiple BPN and will be rewarded for each.

2) Wallet address.
VonSpass
Legendary

Activity: 894
Merit: 1064

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:16:41 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2018, 07:52:35 PM by VonSpass

4. Will queued BPN'S earn regular POSP interest?

Cool, thanks.

I think for the queueing system to work, investors should not be penalised, and forfeit their interest by doing so. A workaround should be found where locked away queued BPN's will still earn as normal.

Regarding the marketing, every community member and investor reading this, should start to prepare and help spread the word about CBX. Once the new vault is released, we 'all' need to do something to get the word around that CBX is back in business.
Tweeting, retweeting, Facebook posts, liking, sharing, posting in other threads, other forums, telegram channels, slack channels, etc, etc.
It is up to the community to make the most of this rebrand if we want the attraction we all know CBX deserves.
If people hear and read about something enough they will eventually look into it, and that's all we need, looking into......

Get ready folks, start thinking about how you will help spread the word in the coming weeks.

I'm personally looking forward to spamming those Pumpz groups on telegram  Cheesy

Thanks.

Got your answer: a queued BPN will stake normally and earn regular PoSP reward just as if it was with the other PoSP balance of the given user.

Actually, allow me to revise my answer. After much internal deliberation we have arrived to the conclusion that queued inactive BPNs should not be earning reward until they are accepted in the 125.

There are two main reasons why we favored this: if at one point it becomes difficult to get an active BPN position, a BPN runner might think twice before selling his valuable CBX position and also the fact that while waiting for an active BPN position, those 2000 CBX removed are leaving more room for other people on the network to earn staking rewards. CBX is a 2% inflation project, so allowing more people to earn staking rewards is a desireable thing imo.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 01:16:31 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2018, 01:27:24 PM by cryptohunter

Cool, thanks.

I think for the queueing system to work, investors should not be penalised, and forfeit their interest by doing so. A workaround should be found where locked away queued BPN's will still earn as normal.

Regarding the marketing, every community member and investor reading this, should start to prepare and help spread the word about CBX. Once the new vault is released, we 'all' need to do something to get the word around that CBX is back in business.
Tweeting, retweeting, Facebook posts, liking, sharing, posting in other threads, other forums, telegram channels, slack channels, etc, etc.
It is up to the community to make the most of this rebrand if we want the attraction we all know CBX deserves.
If people hear and read about something enough they will eventually look into it, and that's all we need, looking into......

Get ready folks, start thinking about how you will help spread the word in the coming weeks.

I'm personally looking forward to spamming those Pumpz groups on telegram  Cheesy

Thanks.

Got your answer: a queued BPN will stake normally and earn regular PoSP reward just as if it was with the other PoSP balance of the given user.

Actually, allow me to revise my answer. After much internal deliberation we have arrived to the conclusion that queued inactive BPNs should not be earning reward until they are accepted in the 125.

There are two main reasons why we favored this: if at one point it becomes difficult to get an active BPN position, a BPN runner might think twice before selling his valuable CBX position and also the fact that while waiting for an active BPN position, those 2000 CBX removed are leaving more room for other people on the network to earn staking rewards. CBX is a 2% inflation project, so allowing more people to earn staking rewards is a desireable thing imo.

I don't think that is a good idea .... I would think that would actually deter people psychologically even trying to accumulate the 2000 to start with.

I mean think about it. It seems like a lot of hoops now to get a masternode  compared to other projects.

Also sitting in this queue for weeks or months with 2000 coins (masternode amount that you paid a lot to accumulate) earning zero will encourage people to dump it back and get a masternode else where.

Psychologically it does not add up. I mean the smartest thing is  for everyone with 2000 coins to be in the queue and as their queue number ticks down they are less and less likely to sell. not have them sitting there pissed off they are getting nothing for months on end and leaving/selling out with a bad taste about cbx when other masternodes they own have been earning them good returns.

And those in the masternode are only going to sell if they have too.

This is a bad idea if you ask me.

Possibly a reduced interest rate but even then I would not be bothering holding on to my 2000 coin parcel if i can trade in and out of cbx and earn lots more than the zero rate of waiting in a queue for months. 

Masternode owners may never vacate those slots so then the idea of keeping accumulating the magic 2000 just to get zero interest for months/years?? I don't think I would even bother queuing my coins and in that case why would i worry about even having 2000?

It is kind of damaging the entire reason for masternodes which is to accumulate and hold.

The queue is great but must earn full interest imho for it to achieve the desired results of making cbx a savers coin of increasing but stable value.

Also what time frame on this queue system and new masternode system. I mean it may sound a trivial thing but this to me sounds like a huge huge task and something quite novel. So are we talking weeks or months here?

elambert
Legendary

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 02:40:26 PM

Cool, thanks.

Thanks.

I don't think that is a good idea .... I would think that would actually deter people psychologically even trying to accumulate the 2000 to start with.

I mean think about it. It seems like a lot of hoops now to get a masternode  compared to other projects.

Also sitting in this queue for weeks or months with 2000 coins (masternode amount that you paid a lot to accumulate) earning zero will encourage people to dump it back and get a masternode else where.

Psychologically it does not add up. I mean the smartest thing is  for everyone with 2000 coins to be in the queue and as their queue number ticks down they are less and less likely to sell. not have them sitting there pissed off they are getting nothing for months on end and leaving/selling out with a bad taste about cbx when other masternodes they own have been earning them good returns.

Possibly a reduced interest rate but even then I would not be bothering holding on to my 2000 coin parcel if i can trade in and out of cbx and earn lots more than the zero rate of waiting in a queue for months. 

Masternode owners may never vacate those slots so then the idea of keeping accumulating the magic 2000 just to get zero interest for months/years?? I don't think I would even bother queuing my coins and in that case why would i worry about even having 2000?

It is kind of damaging the entire reason for masternodes which is to accumulate and hold.

The queue is great but must earn full interest imho for it to achieve the desired results of making cbx a savers coin of increasing but stable value.

Also what time frame on this queue system and new masternode system. I mean it may sound a trivial thing but this to me sounds like a huge huge task and something quite novel. So are we talking weeks or months here?

We have a few factors at play here and we have a very small 2% inflation of coins that can be used to reward coin investors. We have devised a 2 tier system that will reward a higher than the 2% inflation rate reward to PoSP stakers (estimated to be 3-6%) and then a higher reward for the next tier of BPN runners (estimated to be between 9-18%).

BPN: only 125 slots can ever exist here and each spot costs 2k CBX. For all spots to be filled, 1/4 of the total supply of CBX would have to be locked away. A BPN slot is retained until the associated address either drops below 2k CBX or has not staked in a 12 hour period. Either of those instances cause the BPN slot to be freed up for the next in line of the BPN queue. This design will assist in providing BPN turnover and keep the queue with some movement.

PoSP: all coin owners can stake via PoSP but as 75% of the network will be allowed to do this theoretically, we need to boost the reward to stakers somehow. We know that a portion of CBX has been lost over the years of existence through exchange closing, lost wallets, etc. Additionally there is a portion of owners who will keep coins at an exchange or stored away in cold storage. The other area where we can make up some additional compensation for PoSP stakers is by making the queue for BPN payout no reward.

It is important that we not only think of BPN compensation and growth at the expense of PoSP stakers. PoSP stakers are the 'little guys' who cannot afford a BPN, yet they are integral to the functioning and decentralization of the network. We want a large, diverse and welcoming network.

This is a difficult decision and debate and I understand your thoughts, but perhaps hearing more detail on the other side of the coin gives you further points to consider here.

Regarding coding time, we will have some better estimates here shortly but a large portion of the work is already completed with the mutex project that we have spoken of for some time.
Killiz

Activity: 750
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:20:56 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2018, 10:47:23 PM by Killiz

Cool, thanks.

Thanks.

We have a few factors at play here and we have a very small 2% inflation of coins that can be used to reward coin investors. We have devised a 2 tier system that will reward a higher than the 2% inflation rate reward to PoSP stakers (estimated to be 3-6%) and then a higher reward for the next tier of BPN runners (estimated to be between 9-18%).

BPN: only 125 slots can ever exist here and each spot costs 2k CBX. For all spots to be filled, 1/4 of the total supply of CBX would have to be locked away. A BPN slot is retained until the associated address either drops below 2k CBX or has not staked in a 12 hour period. Either of those instances cause the BPN slot to be freed up for the next in line of the BPN queue. This design will assist in providing BPN turnover and keep the queue with some movement.

PoSP: all coin owners can stake via PoSP but as 75% of the network will be allowed to do this theoretically, we need to boost the reward to stakers somehow. We know that a portion of CBX has been lost over the years of existence through exchange closing, lost wallets, etc. Additionally there is a portion of owners who will keep coins at an exchange or stored away in cold storage. The other area where we can make up some additional compensation for PoSP stakers is by making the queue for BPN payout no reward.

It is important that we not only think of BPN compensation and growth at the expense of PoSP stakers. PoSP stakers are the 'little guys' who cannot afford a BPN, yet they are integral to the functioning and decentralization of the network. We want a large, diverse and welcoming network.

This is a difficult decision and debate and I understand your thoughts, but perhaps hearing more detail on the other side of the coin gives you further points to consider here.

Regarding coding time, we will have some better estimates here shortly but a large portion of the work is already completed with the mutex project that we have spoken of for some time.

Been thinking about this since Ben's second reply to my question.

Reading Cryptohunters statement I'm about to agree with him. I read that you will lose your BPN position if you haven't been staking for 12 hours.....

Thought this would be a good idea and would help turnover. But what about moving house and being without internet, powercuts, system crashes etc etc. 12 hours is not a long time in these circumstances. This will be a lot of equity at stake in the future. I think this time limit is far too short.

The fast turnover you mention is contradicting to the statement that people will keep hold of their active BPN if no interest is paid on queued BPN's.

The only solution I can see is for there to be a way to view your position in the queue, and total number of queued BPN's? To allow the investor the option to choose when to queue, or leave the queue to wait for a better time to join, and return to normal staking.

But I still feel it is better to pay normal PoSP rewards while queuing. Nobody is going to invest for a Masternode if they have to wait months or years to have any activity on it.

Cbx.Bet

Activity: 152
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:37:37 PM

I read that you will lose your BPN position if you haven't been staking for 12 hours.....

Thought this would be a good idea and would help turnover. But what about moving house and being without internet, powercuts, system crashes etc etc. 12 hours is not a long time in these circumstances. This will be a lot of equity at stake in the future. I think this time limit is far too short.

It's true that 12 hours is short. We might have a nasty surprise coming home from the weekend.  

Killiz

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:52:27 PM

With a fixed amount of available masternodes, you can provide a fixed amount of interest. Put more variability into normal PoSP,  while allowing for queued nodes to earn it.
Killiz

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 10:57:49 PM

Also, what is the point of having your vault running if you aren't earning interest while queued? Won't you be at high risk of missing the 12 hour deadline if your node becomes active? Why bother even buying or joining the queue in the first place.....
nicjobi

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:44:29 AM

I have to agree with the points brought up by others.

I am also wondering how the BPN list of 125 will be decided. From my understanding the top 3 wallets/people could take up 75 spots and top 6 wallets/people could completely fill out the 125 BPNs. I understand rewarding the people that have stuck around the longest or have accumulated the most coins but curious as how this will be worked out with other people having over 2000+CBX.

I know that I wouldn't want to put my stack into a que if I wasn't getting rewarded and never knowing how long(if ever) it would be that I would get my higher reward.
Killiz

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 02:48:36 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2018, 03:57:41 PM by Killiz

I've just done the tedious task of adding up all the CBX in the top 500 addresses that haven't been active for over 1000 days.

193193.15 CBX

I would presume most of these lost or forgotten. The actual amount of lost CBX could be at least 250K or more.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 03:32:59 PM

I've just done the tedious task of adding up all the CBX in the top 500 addresses that haven't been active for over 1000 days.

193193.15 CBX

I would presume most of these lost of forgotten. The actual amount of lost CBX could be at least 250K or more.

That's quite interesting. So we could only be talking about 750k coins?

whilst we are conducting these changes.... this is just an idea..

Is it maybe worth while to x100 the minting obviously everyones balance goes x100

75million seems a more useable kind of number.

Also it seems a strange thing to say but a huge proportion of noobs here do not comprehend that the projects assumed value is the market cap. They think the cheap the single unit or token the cheaper the deal they are getting. This has actually caused a huge rise in % on low sat value coins.

Now you may believe that only someone crazy would actually invest on a per token value basis, but Byteballs entire community has been pressuring tonych to change from gigabyte to megabyte for ages now due to the constant and apparent (when reading multitudes of threads) stating by noobs that iota is better value because it is cheaper. They obviously are only taking into account the unit value. When confronting them on this and telling them to look at market cap not unit price they still seem unable to accept this. Most will say it is easier for something to go from 1c to 2c than from 1000 to 2000 bucks.

Also if we are talking really about 750k useable coins if you were to get any kind of uptake at all then every transaction would be 0.000?

However since CBX is going for a storage of wealth like bullion status then this may not be a good idea and we could leave it as is.

Just an idea of course and possibly not a great one depending on how you look at it.

VonSpass
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 08:02:32 PM

193193 CBX presumed lost, and at least 300 000 CBX in strong hands, that leaves 500 000 CBX that "can be" available at higher prices; this project is well positioned to gain nicely in the coming months.

We should look at how many of the first big addresses are actually staking, for an indication of how many BPNs will be active in general.

About the BPN queue; I think 125 BPN spots is a sweet number as it's neither too small nor too big. If someone gets dropped over the weekend because of a Windows update I don't think it will be too hard to get back on; experience will tell how that will go of course. I suggest we try it as described, since it's all new uncharted territory; we can always make changes later on if it becomes unliveable.

Don't forget that, if everybody is fighting for a BPN spot, that means that 250 000 CBX are in the BPN queue - and it also means that regular PoSP stakers will be rare, therefore earnings with regular PoSP might be even more interesting in a situation like that.
DemLom

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 11:31:32 PM

Very interesting project, I found a lot of interesting information about the project. Very impressive new wallet. When exactly will the results ...
m33
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Never invest with borrowed coins

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 02:58:39 AM

I am also wondering how the BPN list of 125 will be decided. From my understanding the top 3 wallets/people could take up 75 spots and top 6 wallets/people could completely fill out the 125 BPNs. I understand rewarding the people that have stuck around the longest or have accumulated the most coins but curious as how this will be worked out with other people having over 2000+CBX.

I know that I wouldn't want to put my stack into a que if I wasn't getting rewarded and never knowing how long(if ever) it would be that I would get my higher reward.

maybe a limit needs to be impose on per wallet , but i guess they just split it. could the masternode count be increased so they more holder stand a fair chance

Bullion (CBX) ◢◤Clients
CRYPTOBULLION.IO
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

YOUR DIGITAL PRECIOUS METAL 
PoSP | BNP Masternodes | 65 Second block time
Bullion MarketPlace

Cryptopia | NovaExchange |
Coinbook |

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
nicjobi

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 07, 2018, 02:56:56 AM

maybe a limit needs to be impose on per wallet , but i guess they just split it. could the masternode count be increased so they more holder stand a fair chance

Yeah, there would be ways around it. I'm still wondering how the distribution of 125 spots will be made up fairly.
shixd8899

Activity: 350
Merit: 46

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 05:35:51 AM

CRYPTO BULLION coins inflation is indeed a low probability. This will make people who invest in it feel at ease. A good coin should be supported.
Captain Crypto Pants

Activity: 123
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 07:23:24 AM

Hello CBXers. I am relatively new to PoS, but pretty familiar with ASIC/GPU mining.

I was intrigued by Crypto Bullion and started two wallets on the same day, however I can't find anything on PoS payout frequency for CBX.

I made a wallet with 42 coins in it, after 3 days I received a payout, 3 more days another payment.

Now it has been over a week with nothing.

Same time frame, I opened a second wallet on my laptop and put 10 coins in it. After 15 days an equal payment as the first one in the 42 coin wallet.

Does the amount of CBX in the wallet not matter? And is the payout extremely random?

Friends don't let friends buy XRP
elambert
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 03:46:51 PM

Hello CBXers. I am relatively new to PoS, but pretty familiar with ASIC/GPU mining.

I was intrigued by Crypto Bullion and started two wallets on the same day, however I can't find anything on PoS payout frequency for CBX.

I made a wallet with 42 coins in it, after 3 days I received a payout, 3 more days another payment.

Now it has been over a week with nothing.

Same time frame, I opened a second wallet on my laptop and put 10 coins in it. After 15 days an equal payment as the first one in the 42 coin wallet.

Does the amount of CBX in the wallet not matter? And is the payout extremely random?

Hello and welcome!

The way CBX works is a little different than standard PoS. We employ our own design, PoSP (proof-of-stake-participation). What this algo does is it takes the overall coin supply inflation (2% per year) and rewards it to only the coins that are staking on the network. Offline coins forfeit their potential reward to those that are online and staking. With this, the reward that a user will experience is far higher than the 2% inflation rate. From there however things are random and dependent on the amount of other CBX that are staking at any given time across the network. Right now, just under 30% of all coins are staking (https://chainz.cryptoid.info/cbx/#!extraction). So that means you should presently be earning between 6-7% interest on your CBX over the course of a year - if of course you are staking the entire time.
VonSpass
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 08:18:23 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2018, 05:23:04 AM by VonSpass

Yeah, there would be ways around it. I'm still wondering how the distribution of 125 spots will be made up fairly.

We are considering leaving a BPN spot open for 24 hours in case of an unscheduled "Windows Update", or power outage disconnect; I think this leaves enough time for the BPN runner to see that something is wrong and take appropriate measures to correct it.

While it is unfair that people would lose their BPN position because of an unscheduled random event, the CBX network needs securing (there is a real job to do: someone that disconnects is no longer helping) and it's also extremely important to leave openings so that it won't be impossible to get on the BPN network to newcomers, who are willing to invest to buy their 2000 CBX share. If it's impossible to get on, CBX might seem less attractive to new investors.
Pages: « 1 ... 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 [236] 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: