Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:05:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Next poll
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bullion (CBX) 'the Digital Precious Metal' | 2019 Roadmap published  (Read 359434 times)
BTCat
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 11:16:23 AM

Looking good BTCat, hope we can get some interaction going on this project - would be a good one. Also, perhaps target a Chinese translation version as well - I know that is a target market.

One suggestion I have after a quick read is to clarify in 1.2 the the inflation is maximum of 2% per year (or annual inflation). I know some get confused on this so never hurts to specify. I agree this is one of CBX strengths and a high point of interest for me personally.

Also, I received your PM and will be sending your bar out as soon as possible. I apologize for the delay with the forums being down.

Thank you, no need to apologize at all, I appreciate the effort.
I've added 'Annual' to the text if this is what you meant.
Chinese translation is a good suggestion too. We'll need to decide after a first version then I can see if it would require extra funds or if it can be done easy. It may well be a good investment to reach out there.

My 2 Satoshi's worth of ideas for video.

Text headers for each of your points with a voice over explaination for each in a little more detail.
Visualisation of an open vault with stacks of gold bullion bars inside.
Camera slowly zooming into the vault throughout the video until at the end a close up of of one of the bars reveals it is made up of a matrix of 1's and 0's. With a slogan at this point

Crypto Bullion
Virtually Solid Gold

Thanks.
I think we need to look for the key sellingpoints mostly and squeeze out the most important qualities, as in the term 'less is more'. The textheader is a good idea we can play with graphically. We can gather suggestions for text per paragraph? Example:
1.1 What is CryptoBullion
1.2 Why invest in CryptoBullion
1.3 Exceptionally Rare
1.4 Store CryptoBullion

We already had idea for a Vault and definately goldbars, plus some electrochips/energy transmission or other ways to 'digitize' it. The vault may be too difficult, the animator already said he couldn't make it. We would need to purchase a 3D vaultdesign or borrow a design without copyrights.

I agree with Elambert that virtual is not a clear expression and quickly associates with virtual world with objects and such. Digital Precious Metal I think is a great slogan/statement.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTCat
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 11:57:24 AM

1.3 CryptoBullion is a descendant of Bitcoin and Peercoin but employs an advanced security model, which is more efficient and more secure. It is designed to emulate the properties and supply of gold while providing the bearer with interest.

I think this can be improved, mainly because bearing interest is mentioned in 1.2 already.

example "It is designed as a store of value to emulate the properties and supply of gold."

FiniteByDesign
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 01:27:22 PM

1.3 CryptoBullion is a descendant of Bitcoin and Peercoin but employs an advanced security model, which is more efficient and more secure. It is designed to emulate the properties and supply of gold while providing the bearer with interest.

I think this can be improved, mainly because bearing interest is mentioned in 1.2 already.

example "It is designed as a store of value to emulate the properties and supply of gold."

Agree on removal of redundancy.

Suggestion for 1.1

1.1 CryptoBullion (CBX) is a cryptographic secure peer-to-peer cryptocurrency that allows people to send money to anyone all around the globe. It was first introduced in June 2013.

Suggestion for consideration:
1.1 CryptoBullion (CBX), first introduced in June of 2013, is a secure peer-to-peer cryptocurrency that removes dependence on third parties by empowering its owners.
- Take complete control of your finances
- Become your own bank vault
- Send money to anyone, anywhere on the globe quickly, privately and at almost zero cost.

Killiz

Activity: 750
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 02:02:32 PM
Last edit: May 28, 2015, 03:09:06 PM by Killiz

Keep the ideas coming guys please! This is a perfect project for the community to collaborate on!

One thing I would like to add is with regard to using the word 'virtual'. I think we should refrain from using this term even though per some of its definitions 'carried out, accessed, or stored by means of a computer, especially over a network' it is accurate, however, others can be misleading. Some of the synonyms that can be misleading (and I worry how this term translates for these reasons) are 'simulated, artificial, make-believe'.

Yea I see your point. Virtual doesn't translate too well and can be mistaken for something of no existence or of fantasy.

I still think the slogan has room for improvement. Something catchy. It doesn't even have to have any relation to cbx itself. Just a hook to catch attention and stick in the mind. What's everyone think?

1.3 Using both bitcoin and Peercoin technology to create an advanced and efficient security model. Crypto Bullion is designed to mimic the rarity and supply of gold, without the limits of holding a physical commodity.

Off to work, back later, take care everyone
Killiz

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 03:20:38 PM

Just reading this http://www.coindesk.com/think-tank-debate-bitcoin-mining-environment/

Seems efficiency will be the key to a successful crypto currency in the future and the media are cottoning on to the fact.

Crypto Bullion Take a hold of the future
FiniteByDesign
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 03:38:51 PM

I like this!

BTCat
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 03:50:33 PM

I like this!

How about a combination, like: Crypto Bullion The Digital Precious Metal - Take a hold of your future
meyer

Activity: 523
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 03:50:41 PM

I like this!
Crypto Bullion The Digital Precious Metal - Take a hold of your future

+1

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
EUROPECOIN ERC  BITTREX  BLEUTRADE  EUROPECOIN WEB  TWITTER  QUICKFACTS  CLOUDSTAKING  NSA
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

elambert
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 04:48:15 PM

Looking good! How about:

Take a hold of your future with CryptoBullion - The Digital Precious Metal
FiniteByDesign
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2015, 08:03:58 PM

I'm excited to see the IRC client incorporated into the wallet. I think that will help community involvement a lot. Keep up the good work guys!

Agree 100%! IRC in the client will be a huge gain for the community.

BTCat
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2015, 08:18:40 PM

I think every post here is worth a few hundred bucks. Think about it Smiley
Killiz

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 12:54:59 AM

If you're paying, I'm posting BTCat  Cheesy

I like this!

How about a combination, like: Crypto Bullion The Digital Precious Metal - Take a hold of your future

I like BTCat's variation. Keep em coming. Any other ideas?

Know no limits
Raising the bar

VonSpass
Legendary

Activity: 894
Merit: 1064

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 06:07:09 PM

Keep the ideas coming guys please! This is a perfect project for the community to collaborate on!

One thing I would like to add is with regard to using the word 'virtual'. I think we should refrain from using this term even though per some of its definitions 'carried out, accessed, or stored by means of a computer, especially over a network' it is accurate, however, others can be misleading. Some of the synonyms that can be misleading (and I worry how this term translates for these reasons) are 'simulated, artificial, make-believe'.

Agreed, virtual does not sound good.

In my opinion this coin (CBX) has everything to succeed, yet you have to put yourself in investor's shoes to make it an attractive place to put his money (you once claimed this was "the investor's coin").

This coin needs more visibility. Chinese exposure would help, but this is only one aspect.

Also a meaningful PoS reward would help (1.5% is irrelevant - 3-5% yearly would be more appealing)
VonSpass
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 06:15:03 PM

If you're paying, I'm posting BTCat  Cheesy

I like this!

I like BTCat's variation. Keep em coming. Any other ideas?

Guys these are all good; at this point worrying about where to put a comma or which word to add is not the best spent energy for this coin. Other (successful) coins have very weak slogans.

If nobody comes to the site, it doesn't matter what is shown on it. The site is nice as it is, we need to bring people to it.

elambert
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 09:03:42 PM

Donate to the CBX Foundation Development Fund:

CBX 5oS6SK8411DUdxritrohRW96rZmHC9DX7d
BTC 1D1oyugjRQFAyJ9sRYBvWS2aUbJ9KnUsVG

I just donated 1 BTC to the foundation to assist in funding the 3 stage project to be announced shortly.

Exciting developments coming guys Smiley

Have a great weekend!
VonSpass
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 10:28:00 PM

Donate to the CBX Foundation Development Fund:

CBX 5oS6SK8411DUdxritrohRW96rZmHC9DX7d
BTC 1D1oyugjRQFAyJ9sRYBvWS2aUbJ9KnUsVG

I just donated 1 BTC to the foundation to assist in funding the 3 stage project to be announced shortly.

Exciting developments coming guys Smiley

Have a great weekend!

Great news! I shall add to my CBX position...
elambert
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 11:00:23 PM

Also, we are a little less than a month out from CBX turning 2. Any ideas or suggestions from the community on how to celebrate this event are encouraged.
elambert
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2015, 11:16:54 PM

I sent a request for consideration to shapeshift.io and received the below response today. I encourage others from the community to do the same.

Emily (ShapeShift)
May 29, 17:05

Hi, Chris.

Thanks for reaching out. I have added CBX to our discovery list and our development team will look into them when they begin to decide on the next coins to add. We receive several dozen requests a day for new coins to be added so can not assure you we will add your coin, but we will for sure look into it and see if it makes sense for us to add at this time. Any new coins we add will be announced on our social media channels as well as via our email list. Please feel free to connect:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/shapeshiftexchange

Twitter: https://twitter.com/ShapeShift_io

Google +: google.com/+ShapeshiftIo

Newsletter Sign-up: http://eepurl.com/bdbzO1

I have also made note of your contact information so that the development team can reach out to you in the case they have questions. Thanks so much for your interest and request!

Elambert2014
May 29, 12:32

Shape Shift,

I am the founder of the crypto-currency/commodity known as Crypto Bullion (CBX) - "The Digital Precious Metal".

Crypto Bullion was launched in June of 2013 so it is one of the oldest coins in existence. CBX is a PoW/PoS Hybrid that has completed its primary distribution and inflationary stage. With less than 1 million coins in circulation, CBX can only grow by a maximum of 2% per year between PoW mining (.5%) and PoS interest (1.5%). We have a solid and dedicated team and target a market niche - low mint, low inflation coin investors.

Our team is constantly working on improving Crypto Bullion and have some game changing updates coming. This coin will be an excellent addition to your platform for clients trading and investment portfolios and has lots of room to grow.

CBX hit an all-time high price point in December of 2013 at over $5 per coin but is currently trading at an enormous discount of 5 cents per coin - so there is a great opportunity to gain a potential 100x on investment.

Our primary trading platform is Cryptsy (US based). We would love the additional exposure to your users.

How can we team up and have Crypto Bullion listed on shapeshift.io?

Here is our website for additional information:
http://cryptobullion.io/

Looking forward to hearing back from you...

Chris 'elambert'
FiniteByDesign
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2015, 12:04:40 PM

f*D will donate 1BTC to stage 1  Grin

VonSpass
Legendary

View Profile
May 30, 2015, 05:07:23 PM
Last edit: May 30, 2015, 05:33:26 PM by VonSpass

Similar technical coding changes have been applied to CBX in the past, only to be met with less and less investor interest, and falling price.

Technically, CBX is already flawless, it's a gem, it's perfect. Let's not touch it.

What I would like to see is a strategy to make CBX seen more, a better marketing approach.

Technicalities won't help.

Hello my old friend!
Thank you for your thoughtful and thorough feedback. It is appreciated and I do agree with you for the most part as usual Smiley

Its nice to see such a civilized community with gentlemanly leadership, as we can see in CBX. Thank you for the warm greeting: I am old, but not that old: just older than you ;-)

I pop back in this thread from time to time; last time I quit intervening as I had to let you try what you felt you had to try, with the disappointing results we see today (price is everything - CB price will guide how useful our coin will ever be). I am always watching CBX, have kept my position and added some to it; and now it seems I have your attention. I still see a great opportunity for CBX, but we are going to have to: (1) bend some old rules, (2) review your 3 stage plan with an open mind; and (3) add a bit of marketing elbow grease to the equation. I think some elements of your 3 stage plan can help, but overall I do not like it.

Good job for the web site guys; it is really nice and we can certainly work with this; this was useful.

I come from two areas where my experience can be applied to a quality Crypto such as our CBX - marketing and financial markets.

Yes, I will keep bringing up the fact that the low income rate of CBX is not helping its cause: it is based on the false economic assumption that maintaining an ultra low inflation and  austerity will translate into rarity and value - PoS could be doubled - without notable effect on price while bringing back miners on board. I warned you about low PoW interest of miners and its effect, now it seems we have to spend 10 BTC to fix this, and this was avoidable (still is). I like the low inflation and small monetary base of CBX, this makes it an easy to fix situation right now - I like low inflation, just not that low.

I really liked the 1 minute blocks of CBX; I feel the 10 minute time of BTC is a problem when sending coin - it just takes forever and I see this as a problem with BTC. As for the blockchain getting too big, sorry but why is this a problem all of a sudden? Now merge mining and moving towards SHA256 makes me feel we are surrendering. I like my CB to remain independant, people will want to merge with CB, not the other way around.

This is all I can say publicly; let's work together if you will let me in (and listen to my points).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: