Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:15:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Next poll
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bullion (CBX) 'the Digital Precious Metal' | 2019 Roadmap published  (Read 359422 times)
mmo4me.2016

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
November 26, 2017, 07:37:41 AM

Roadmap 2017 status report!

I have to report that things are looking pretty good right now; the implementation of mutex, which was one of the very innovative approaches to Vault 3 and masternodes is a success so far. Also, the patch from Zerocoin which was reported the last time as a fix to a wekness will be implemented using the github merge procedure, so it is no longer an issue.

We also had an issue with block timing, which has been corrected just today; we are currently testing internally the latest daemon to make sure it is running smoothly - last time it was with this testing that we isolated certain problems that we are correcting now.

Another team is working on the GUI interface (the "qt"), and putting together the new visuals for CBXi: no longer gold, we are turning to a "platinum" look - but shhhhh. I will let you discover the rest when the Vault 3.0.0 rolls out.

Still no final date for the alpha testing phase, but it's coming...
Good information at this time, Hope we will soon have new features, members are very excited with the information you posted!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
m33
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Never invest with borrowed coins

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2017, 04:00:49 PM

I have to report that things are looking pretty good right now; the implementation of mutex, which was one of the very innovative approaches to Vault 3 and masternodes is a success so far. Also, the patch from Zerocoin which was reported the last time as a fix to a wekness will be implemented using the github merge procedure, so it is no longer an issue.

We also had an issue with block timing, which has been corrected just today; we are currently testing internally the latest daemon to make sure it is running smoothly - last time it was with this testing that we isolated certain problems that we are correcting now.

Another team is working on the GUI interface (the "qt"), and putting together the new visuals for CBXi: no longer gold, we are turning to a "platinum" look - but shhhhh. I will let you discover the rest when the Vault 3.0.0 rolls out.

Good information at this time, Hope we will soon have new features, members are very excited with the information you posted!

yup hope we add a ton of new features have holding these gems for a very long time now, hope all goes well

Bullion (CBX) ◢◤Clients
CRYPTOBULLION.IO
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

YOUR DIGITAL PRECIOUS METAL 
PoSP | BNP Masternodes | 65 Second block time
Bullion MarketPlace

Cryptopia | NovaExchange |
Coinbook |

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
VonSpass
Legendary

Activity: 894
Merit: 1064

View Profile
November 28, 2017, 08:05:30 PM

yup hope we add a ton of new features have holding these gems for a very long time now, hope all goes well

In the meantime, we benefit from the very good staking algo that currently pays me 8-15% per annum!
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 08:36:02 AM

Elambert, Von Spass, M33 -- Merry Christmas to you guys from IndiaMikeZulu: relations among long-timers go beyond one crypto or another.

Six-month-old chicks enjoying figs. The evil-looking one is 'Das Beakie Cheeper': https://imgur.com/a/Eb0FB
Testeur1450

Activity: 420
Merit: 31

View Profile
November 29, 2017, 08:48:31 PM

Thanks for the updates Ben!

Sent to the other communities ...  Smiley 

Hi sir
I just succed to connect on the forum (My Account JUmpy14 have been hacked and i cant recover it)
I can see PSB project is closed , i still have my PSB coin on my hard wallet
how i can convert to your new project ?

Thanks for help

Compte JUmpy14 hacké (Hero member)
VonSpass
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:28:18 AM

I just succed to connect on the forum (My Account JUmpy14 have been hacked and i cant recover it)
I can see PSB project is closed , i still have my PSB coin on my hard wallet
how i can convert to your new project ?

Thanks for help

I'm not sure how I can help you here; this is the Crypto Bullion's forum thread and we have no control over Pesobit's (PSB) servers, we're not the same team...
VonSpass
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 05:51:11 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2017, 06:14:06 AM by VonSpass

We have been discussing with Cryptopia for some time now, about the upcoming CBXi swap: long story short, there is good news and there is bad news. Let's start with the good news.

A few people had brought up the risk of CBX getting delisted from Cryptopia because of our development of Vault 3.0, and the good news is we will stay at Cryptopia even after Vault 3.0 is officially introduced.

CBX has always been well served by Cryptopia and thanks to the latest crypto world developments and good management, the exchange Cryptopia is moving up, becoming gradually more important and influential.

Now the bad news is, to stay at Cryptopia, Vault 3.0.0 cannot be a coin swap.

What this means is, we need to go back to our initial and time-consuming approach of keeping the old CBX blockchain into Vault 3.0, and not be creating a new ticker or a new coin (it's not going to be CBXi).

Essentially, the 2017-2018 roadmap stays the same: new look, new Vault 3.0, masternodes, PoSP, anonymity with zerocoin algo, etc...  Just we can't make Vault 3.0 be a swap. Therefore, although we are not losing the work previously done, we need to find the way to make the new Vault 3.0 be able to understand and continue the historic CBX blockchain. It's going to take more time to do this, hopefully not too much time; and we feel the additional time required is worth the strategic advantage of staying on a good and valuable exchange like Cryptopia.

FiniteRed

Activity: 346
Merit: 255

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:58:01 AM

Hey VP, thanks for the update Smiley - but I (personally) don't agree this the logic here...

The coinswap represents a highly valuable opportunity to move away from the slow, bloated and somewhat broken blockchain CBX currently implements - to update the client with modern (SECURE) code base and set CBX on a firm footing for the future should be the primary goal here. Just because a single (granted our only) exchange won't support the coin if we swap should not (ever) dictate the technical direction of the  implementation of the coin - the code/blockchain at the end of the day is all that matters, and if it's not sound CBX has no future.

With a coinswap, new code base, clean client and fluid blockchain (you can sync from the Gen block to the latest) we should re-approach a number of key exchanges and diversify our market penetration. What if our only exchange implodes in 3 months time?

Just my two sense, but if we bend to the will of a singular corporate entity that is in this game to solely make money what does that say about CBX, it's values and the attitudes toward decentralisation that any investor will questionnaire before placing buy orders that will drive it's value upward.

FR

[G]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ] ~ [ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[ ]-[H]
corather
Legendary

Activity: 1708

Solarcoin.org

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 02:20:09 PM

Hey VP, thanks for the update Smiley - but I (personally) don't agree this the logic here...

The coinswap represents a highly valuable opportunity to move away from the slow, bloated and somewhat broken blockchain CBX currently implements - to update the client with modern (SECURE) code base and set CBX on a firm footing for the future should be the primary goal here. Just because a single (granted our only) exchange won't support the coin if we swap should not (ever) dictate the technical direction of the  implementation of the coin - the code/blockchain at the end of the day is all that matters, and if it's not sound CBX has no future.

With a coinswap, new code base, clean client and fluid blockchain (you can sync from the Gen block to the latest) we should re-approach a number of key exchanges and diversify our market penetration. What if our only exchange implodes in 3 months time?

Just my two sense, but if we bend to the will of a singular corporate entity that is in this game to solely make money what does that say about CBX, it's values and the attitudes toward decentralisation that any investor will questionnaire before placing buy orders that will drive it's value upward.

FR

I really want to disagree with this. But you make some valid points. The only drawbacks are the costs associated with getting listed on other exchanges, and having no real exchanges right at a time when we need them the most. However the flip side to this is possibly implementing a p2p exchange within the wallet. I know that would add development time though. Would be pretty cool if that were possible.

edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 03:30:44 PM

i hope it doesnt upset but i am with cryptopia on this, i made my opinion clear & received a less than satisfactory response.

if you want/need a new coin, make it.

cbx is already decent, it just needs the tlc that all successful projects need.

please feel free to correct me, im open to information and opinion
HelpTheCoin

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 04:38:18 PM

i hope it doesnt upset but i am with cryptopia on this, i made my opinion clear & received a less than satisfactory response.

if you want/need a new coin, make it.

cbx is already decent, it just needs the tlc that all successful projects need.

please feel free to correct me, im open to information and opinion

+1

Exactly the way I feel about it. I'm not so concerned about time since I'm holding for the long term, CBX is a great coin. It is fast and easy to use. If we can solve some of the wallet and sync issues, we are golden. Cryptopia is kind of our lifeline right now until we have other options/exchanges in place. If we have a solid alternative, I'm fine with modifications to the coin and getting delisted etc. But I also think of the non-technical investors that have bought CBX. They wouldn't know how to manage a swap and I fear it would cut out our limited interest base as it is. I really like the new plan forward and am on board to support it until we get over the next hill.

Kudos to the core team!
Killiz

Activity: 750
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 06:24:19 PM

The coinswap represents a highly valuable opportunity to move away from the slow, bloated and somewhat broken blockchain CBX currently implements - to update the client with modern (SECURE) code base and set CBX on a firm footing for the future should be the primary goal here. Just because a single (granted our only) exchange won't support the coin if we swap should not (ever) dictate the technical direction of the  implementation of the coin - the code/blockchain at the end of the day is all that matters, and if it's not sound CBX has no future.

FR

Read the update this morning at work. Just logged in to give my view, and I see FiniteRed has covered almost everything I've been stewing over all day.

Totally agree with FR. I was shocked with the announcement that the CBX Dev team were going to abandon the current development path because of the views of an exchange. To develop CBX in a way that fits an exchange, rather than evolve. To give in to demand of a centralised organisation.

We have the chance to leave behind the baggage that has been carried and held us back for so many years.

The coinswap along with the new software would have us on multiple exchanges within weeks of release. The setup, blockchain download, memory issue and crashing of Vault 2.4.3 is why I suspect we aren't listed on many more exchanges than we are.

There has been a lot of interest In CBX lately and what message does this say to prospective investors who are eagerly awaiting vault 3.0? I suspect they are tired of this game of snakes and ladders as much as the rest of us.

The latest announcement has left me disappointed and unsure about  the future of CBX if the dev team is so easy to give in to the stance of an exchange, and mold CBX to fit in,  rather than to stick with their own vision of crypto bullions future.

I presume all exchanges new/old/large/small have been contacted about listing CBXi and rejections from all have been received before deciding to not move forward, and stay stuck in the same old hole?

VonSpass
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 08:17:48 PM

The coinswap represents a highly valuable opportunity to move away from the slow, bloated and somewhat broken blockchain CBX currently implements - to update the client with modern (SECURE) code base and set CBX on a firm footing for the future should be the primary goal here. Just because a single (granted our only) exchange won't support the coin if we swap should not (ever) dictate the technical direction of the  implementation of the coin - the code/blockchain at the end of the day is all that matters, and if it's not sound CBX has no future.

FR

Read the update this morning at work. Just logged in to give my view, and I see FiniteRed has covered almost everything I've been stewing over all day.

Totally agree with FR. I was shocked with the announcement that the CBX Dev team were going to abandon the current development path because of the views of an exchange. To develop CBX in a way that fits an exchange, rather than evolve. To give in to demand of a centralised organisation.

We have the chance to leave behind the baggage that has been carried and held us back for so many years.

The coinswap along with the new software would have us on multiple exchanges within weeks of release. The setup, blockchain download, memory issue and crashing of Vault 2.4.3 is why I suspect we aren't listed on many more exchanges than we are.

There has been a lot of interest In CBX lately and what message does this say to prospective investors who are eagerly awaiting vault 3.0? I suspect they are tired of this game of snakes and ladders as much as the rest of us.

The latest announcement has left me disappointed and unsure about  the future of CBX if the dev team is so easy to give in to the stance of an exchange, and mold CBX to fit in,  rather than to stick with their own vision of crypto bullions future.

I presume all exchanges new/old/large/small have been contacted about listing CBXi and rejections from all have been received before deciding to not move forward, and stay stuck in the same old hole?

Well people here complain about not being listed on bittrex or polo all the time, and now you guys don't mind we lose Cryptopia? We are just changing one thing in our development of Vault 3.0.0 - so that we don't call Vault 3.0.0 a "swap". A swap is an expensive word - to put things in perspective:

With the new sharp rise of the BTC, exchanges did not readjust their listing fees quickly - and, surprisingly they are noticing that, they can still charge the old BTC fees and still coin developers are paying these new inflated prices (!!!). One reason for this is new coins are created by crowdfunding ICO process; now exchanges want their share of the pie and are getting away with it.

Cryptopia charges 5 million DOT for listing a new coin which is 50 000.$
Bittrex charges anywhere from 5000$ to 15 000.$
even a new exchange like Coss.io charges 17 000.$

Now, CBX is a second-gen coin from 2013, so we never had a huge ICO development fund; it would be counter-productive for us to pay those listing fees, even if we could. So being listed on a good exchange is a valuable strategic advantage we should strive to maintain. And yes, we keep asking new exchanges to list CBX as we meet them; but guys, since you are mentioning this, you are more than welcome to join us and roll up your sleaves and send in some requests to exchanges as well.

All this being said, we are negociating with people from another crypto who want to create a new exchange, which would be CBX (and said coin) centered. Stay tuned.
elambert
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 09:37:49 PM

Also, a coin swap is pretty easy for Alex4J to accomplish so if for some reason we need to revisit this down the line, there is no reason we cannot.

My understanding and expectation of the new Vault is that the afore mentioned bugs will be remedied. We are still implementing a new code base, the only real difference here is time to finish the project, keeping the blockchain and most importantly, keeping a $50k listing at an exchange.

There is a time and place for everything and we have to make the decisions that are best for the coin and our investors. This is not always easy and may not always be what pleases everyone but we have a responsibility to the overall ecosystem.

As always thank you all for your support! I am confident all invested parties will be very happy with this investment in due time...
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
November 30, 2017, 10:43:02 PM

There's also the idea of a snapshot and/or fork. The new vault could be on a brand new blockchain but use the same private keys or have a distribution so all existing balances are present on the new blockchain, so all people would have to do is import their old vault private keys and they have their coins.

Unfortunately, that is how Cryptopia works. I saw a coin upgrade from a non-masternode version with a different PoW algo to a coin that supports masternodes and a newer PoW algo. Cryptopia allowed the old coin to be delisted gracefully, but would not relist the new coin, since it is considered a new coin, unless the listing fee was paid.

The coin dev did not pay the listing fee, and nobody else wanted to, and no one in the community wanted to donate towards listing. The coin is mostly swapped from old to new, and any unswapped old coins, the new coin equivalent would be burned.

The new coin has been doing better than when it was listed on Cryptopia. If Bittrex does charge lower than Cryptopia, perhaps people are willing to get listed on that one instead and contribute accordingly.

If you do a "fork", then you still use the old blockchain, but new vault software, and of course there will be two blockchains after that particular block, the question is if Cryptopia would accept the fork and replace the old coin with the new coin, or have some sort of "in place" swap that instantly happens on the forking block.

This would also render the old vault useless. Just make sure you guys don't inadvertently do a "btc1" and the vault gets stuck.

VonSpass
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 05:28:03 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2017, 06:31:38 AM by VonSpass

There's also the idea of a snapshot and/or fork. The new vault could be on a brand new blockchain but use the same private keys or have a distribution so all existing balances are present on the new blockchain, so all people would have to do is import their old vault private keys and they have their coins.

The snapshot approach with re-using same private keys was exactly what we intended to do with CBXi. Still seen as a 50 000.$ "swap" by Cryptopia.

If you do a "fork", then you still use the old blockchain, but new vault software, and of course there will be two blockchains after that particular block, the question is if Cryptopia would accept the fork and replace the old coin with the new coin, or have some sort of "in place" swap that instantly happens on the forking block.

A "fork" is pretty much a common occurence in the altcoin world and it's not considered a swap by Cryptopia, this is confirmed by one of their admins.

All this being said, we are negociating with people from another crypto who want to create a new exchange, which would be CBX (and said coin) centered. Stay tuned.

Did everybody miss this? I think it's a pretty major idea.
Cbx.Bet

Activity: 152
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 06:54:51 AM

It is conceivable that is an exchange with Fiat currency or tether (CBX/USDT)

Killiz

Activity: 750
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 09:32:58 AM

The snapshot approach with re-using same private keys was exactly what we intended to do with CBXi. Still seen as a 50 000.$ "swap" by Cryptopia.

A "fork" is pretty much a common occurence in the altcoin world and it's not considered a swap by Cryptopia, this is confirmed by one of their admins.

Creating a new exchange would open up the options that would cause probems at the moment. I think it's a great idea if it can be achieved.

We just need some place to trade if the coin swap is to go ahead. Big or small.

Having a fresh start while keeping all the fundamentals we already have is the best option imo.
Smoothmold

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 10:04:27 AM

As a long time hodler I am disapointed in your view that you dont want to do a fork because you dont want to loose an exchange and costs to get on an new  exchange. I rather see my investment go to zero than an Exchange dictating the direction of a coin. I am 100% for the best possible coin. We as a community could have raised money to go a 2 other exchanges. I would have donated and I think a lot of others would have done the same because a listing on bittrex would have made there donation seem nothing because of the price increase we could expect from bittrex alone.
edgar
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 01, 2017, 11:11:51 AM

how long til we can reasonably expect an electrum wallet?

id like to see that.
Pages: « 1 ... 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 [223] 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: