Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:45:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Next poll
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bullion (CBX) 'the Digital Precious Metal' | 2019 Roadmap published  (Read 359430 times)
VonSpass
Legendary

Activity: 894
Merit: 1064

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 01:13:12 AM

Thanks for you help
just to try to understant, why an unlock wallet can take wrong blockchain ?

An unlocked Vault will attempt to stake. To be 100% certain a Vault will not stake, lock it (don't forget password!). If it attempts to stake on a blockchain that is not yet finished loading (unsynced), then this means it goes on its own fork. If you're lucky it will become an orphan; if unlucky syncing will stall and will have to reload bootstrap.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pedrillo0

Activity: 1732
Merit: 502

Nada y Tú?

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 04:10:51 AM

Roadmap 2017-2018 status report!

Development of Vault 3.0.0 continues, as promised, and as I am always in touch with Cryptopia and our coding team here are the latest developments:

1) After discussing with a few officers from Cryptopia and confirming with them that CBX Vault 3 will not be a swap, we have now 99.5% chance of implementing our desired name change with new logo. I still did not get the final OK however, as we all know Cryptopia's responsiveness has suffered greatly recently. I know my way around with Cryptopia to get things done, just right now they are really swamped.

2) In the previous update, I revealed that we were testing the staking capability of Vault 3; in this test we hit a bug however, our new codebase Vault 3 is somehow infringing one or more rules when attempting to form new blocks, and existing Vault 2.4.3s are rejecting blocks generated by Vault 3. We are conducting extensive tests to find out what rules are being infringed and how to solve this issue.

3) We were able to successfully compile the new Vault 3 code for Windows OS, so this is a major step.

4) Current Vault 2.4.3's loading time has been greatly reduced in Vault 3, using the fastindex function instead of making the Vault extensively recheck things that were checked already, on every launch. Vault 3 launches in under 1 minute now, close to 15 seconds on a SSD drive.

That's it for now, enjoy the rest of the week!

Thanks for the updates Ben!

Sent to all other communities ... Cheesy
transit

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 05:01:17 AM

+1 HODLer here, since 2013.

Mined at the beginning, then bought more.

Will contribute with masternodes.

Voted for remove anon.

Nice move, keep the good work.

elambert
Legendary

Activity: 1696
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:59:48 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2018, 05:19:51 PM by elambert

I raised the possibility of in the future creating more advanced masternodes that work as standard savings accounts that produce better interest the more cbx you accumulate and the longer you save them for.

this would incentivise accumulation and holding and make people think twice about dumping and churning for short term profits.

We should see those with a long term view those people seem to have a saving mentality not out for the quick buck which can cause instability which hinders cbx or any other crypto being used as a real currency

Yes, the tiered approach with added incentives is a very good one. Essentially this is what we are implementing in our own unique way. One limitation we have in coding and design (actually a huge strength to the coins value) is our hard limit of 2% annual inflation. Due to this parameter, we do not have the luxury of unlimited masternodes or inflation for paying them. This also imposes limits to adding in multiple tiers. The difficulty being, how do you pay each out and make them desirable while working within a 2% annual inflation rate on approximately 1 million coins?

We have devised a 2-tier way to do this with PoSP and BPN (our masternodes).

With our design, PoSP stakers will earn between 3-6% annually while BPN operators will receive a higher reward ranging between 9-18%.

As far as adding in additional incentives for the BPN operators to hold for long term and think twice about dumping, I think our limit of 125 maximum BPN slots fulfills this. If an owner of one of the 125 BPN considers selling, they will have to factor in the queue waiting their turn for one of the limited and fixed number of BPNs. Losing your spot and not being to able to get it back is quite a powerful decision influencer here.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 03:58:46 AM

I raised the possibility of in the future creating more advanced masternodes that work as standard savings accounts that produce better interest the more cbx you accumulate and the longer you save them for.

this would incentivise accumulation and holding and make people think twice about dumping and churning for short term profits.

We should see those with a long term view those people seem to have a saving mentality not out for the quick buck which can cause instability which hinders cbx or any other crypto being used as a real currency

Yes, the tiered approach with added incentives is a very good one. Essentially this is what we are implementing in our own unique way. One limitation we have in coding and design (actually a huge strength to the coins value) is our hard limit of 2% annual inflation. Due to this parameter, we do not have the luxury of unlimited masternodes or inflation for paying them. This also imposes limits to adding in multiple tiers. The difficulty being, how do you pay each out and make them desirable while working within a 2% annual inflation rate on approximately 1 million coins?

With our design, PoSP stakers will earn between 3-6% annually while BPN operators will receive a higher reward ranging between 9-18%.

As far as adding in additional incentives for the BPN operators to hold for long term and think twice about dumping, I think our limit of 125 maximum BPN slots fulfills this. If an owner of one of the 125 BPN considers selling, they will have to factor in the queue waiting their turn for one of the limited and fixed number of BPNs. Losing your spot and not being to able to get it back is quite a powerful decision influencer here.

This is actually a great design I had not fully engaged with the notion of a hardcap of 125 BPN's.

The queue system is actually a great plan.

Usually I'm quite lazy on setting up these things but I'll try to be fully awake and ready when vault 3 is released to secure a BPN or 2. 9 to 18 percent has a nice ring to it.

Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 01:07:48 PM

I like the idea of limiting the number of BPN's to only 125, but how do we get on the queue, who will manage it? Will the queue be a point of criticism from fans of decentralisation? Maybe add some random factor to selection, otherwise corruption might occur, assuming there are more than 125 people with +2k CBA.
elambert
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:22:24 PM

I like the idea of limiting the number of BPN's to only 125, but how do we get on the queue, who will manage it? Will the queue be a point of criticism from fans of decentralisation? Maybe add some random factor to selection, otherwise corruption might occur, assuming there are more than 125 people with +2k CBA.

Good question.

We code this so that there is no limit on BPNs. However there are 2 classifications, Active BPN & Inactive BPN assigned on a first come first serve criteria.

Active BPNs are #1 - #125, provide assigned service to the network and receive a reward (9-18% annual).

Inactive BPNs are #126 - infinity. They do not provide assigned service and do not receive a reward.

If 1 of the 125 active BPNs drops below the 2000 CBX threshold then they forfeit their BPN. The first in line inactive BPN (#126) moves up a spot, is activated, begins providing assigned service and starts earning reward.

To be in the queue you have to meet all of the requirements of a BPN and you will be activated when a spot opens up and you are the next in line.

This does 2 positive things for the overall ecosystem as well.
1. Increase upward price pressure through scarcity by allowing the removal of more CBX from circulation. Now we can have more than 250,000 CBX locked away for BPNs. (125 BPN x 2,000 CBX = 250,000 CBX) plus additional 'inactive BPNs' waiting in queue
2. Increases PoSP rewards by removing additional CBX from staking.
Big Naturals

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:36:35 PM

Good question.

We code this so that there is no limit on BPNs. However there are 2 classifications, Active BPN & Inactive BPN assigned on a first come first serve criteria.

Active BPNs are #1 - #125, provide assigned service to the network and receive a reward (9-18% annual).

Inactive BPNs are #126 - infinity. They do not provide assigned service and do not receive a reward.

If 1 of the 125 active BPNs drops below the 2000 CBX threshold then they forfeit their BPN. The first in line inactive BPN (#126) moves up a spot, is activated, begins providing assigned service and starts earning reward.

To be in the queue you have to meet all of the requirements of a BPN and you will be activated when a spot opens up and you are the next in line.

1. Increase upward price pressure through scarcity by allowing the removal of more CBX from circulation. Now we can have more than 250,000 CBX locked away for BPNs. (125 BPN x 2,000 CBX = 250,000 CBX) plus additional 'inactive BPNs' waiting in queue

Thanks for the answer!

Can I apply for a BPN now? I have enough CBA for at least 2, maybe 3.
elambert
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:50:10 PM

Good question.

Thanks for the answer!

The only steps to take right now are to secure your CBX and wait for Vault 3.0 launch.

In the meantime you can stake via PoSP and earn about 6% annual interest though.
elambert
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:51:09 PM

Coinbook.com has a signup list on their site now for those who want to be notified as they progress and launch.

https://coinbook.com/

Note from Coinbook.com team:
...all trading pairs are against USD. The platform is designed to be an onramp and offramp into crypto for US Citizens.

We will get to International after a while, but we are doing US first. We plan on other services too such as merchant solutions etc meaning that stores could accept CBX eventually. We are starting slow with what we have and will expand as we go. As for other coins, we are limiting non-public information, but we will start with bitcoin and once we are satisfied that everything is running well, we'll add CBX and one or two others.
Big Naturals

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:52:22 PM

Good question.

Thanks for the answer!

The only steps to take right now are to secure your CBX and wait for Vault 3.0 launch.

In the meantime you can stake via PoSP and earn about 6% annual interest though.

Ok, I'll wait for more info, staking 24/7
Killiz

Activity: 750
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 07:51:13 PM

Good question.

WOW!!

CBX is about to become extremely hard to get hold of. I'm sure there are people who are selling CBX and don't fully understand how quickly things will take off, and how expensive it will quickly become to buy.

Bullion is going to become the ultimate store of value, and those that hold on tight now,  while we are still a small community will reap the rewards.

Running a masternode will be very rewarding, but just owning a few hundred will set you up for life IMO.
transit

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:51:35 PM

only 1.15% of the total CBX supply are listed in cryptopia's orderbook.

somebody is trying to buy 4.4k CBX @ 40k sat.

will be interesting to see if somebody dumps that amount.

I'll be accumulating more, that's for sure.

Already staking, I'm getting 1+ CBX/day.

I think it can grow up to 1k USD easily in some time.
VonSpass
Legendary

Activity: 894
Merit: 1064

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 05:51:52 AM

only 1.15% of the total CBX supply are listed in cryptopia's orderbook.

somebody is trying to buy 4.4k CBX @ 40k sat.

will be interesting to see if somebody dumps that amount.

I'll be accumulating more, that's for sure.

Already staking, I'm getting 1+ CBX/day.

I think it can grow up to 1k USD easily in some time.

Nice to see an early Bullionaire getting back in the Bullion game; welcome back transit!
Testeur1450

Activity: 420
Merit: 31

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 08:31:11 PM

i cant DL the wallet on the websit, im alone ?

Compte JUmpy14 hacké (Hero member)
malafaya

Activity: 490
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 09:34:54 PM

i cant DL the wallet on the websit, im alone ?
What problem are you having?
Download links on the website (http://cryptobullion.io) simply direct you to GitHub at https://github.com/cryptogenicbonds/CryptoBullion-CBX/releases/tag/2.4.3
lowlife

Activity: 43
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2018, 01:04:39 AM

can someon eexplain the further use of CBX? Just holding value isnt a real use case. Everycoin could do this/or couldnt if it gets dumped. except you will do some heavy market manipulation you wont be able to gurantee a stable value arent you? (and if you are looking at graphs it doesnt seem stable at all^^)

https://stakeunited.com/registernow
Big Naturals

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 03:04:33 AM
Merited by Dabs (1), digit (1), Killiz (1), Alex4J (1)

can someon eexplain the further use of CBX? Just holding value isnt a real use case. Everycoin could do this/or couldnt if it gets dumped. except you will do some heavy market manipulation you wont be able to gurantee a stable value arent you? (and if you are looking at graphs it doesnt seem stable at all^^)

Your question lies at the heart of all crypto from here on. Yes, it is simple and cheap to clone/copy any crypto coin, and thus coin supply is virtually unlimited when we take into account ALL the possible clones, so, how can any particular coin hold value? I think the answer is still uncertain, but the early adopters of these 1st & 2nd generation coins create the 'vibe', and if the 'vibe' is good, the network effect will take over, and the popular coins that hold their value become the popular coins that hold their value ... because, they're the popular coins that hold their value. I hope CBX is one of these 'popular' coins, but it isn't certain by any means, but the potential is there, because:

1- launch of CBX was fair with no 'smell' (like DASH or STEEM)
2- CBX usecase is clear and simple to explain (i.e. digital store of value, virtual precious metal), not trying to be everything, do one thing better than competition
3- PoSP is common sense, but so many other PoS coins don't use it (i.e. only get real inflation adjusted % if you help secure the network)
4- BPN's serve dual purpose, 1. secure the network , 2. limit liquid supply
5- CBX is +4 years old with active community & quality devs, and longevity in crypto is usually rewarded

ALL these factors encourage long term HODL, so the future network effect for CBX as a store of value is likely to be superior to many other cryptos, but obviously not certain.

Post BTC::BCH split we end up with four basic types of crypto:

1- currencies (like BCH)
2- commodities (like BTC)
3- platform tokens (like ETH)
4- app tokens (ERC20 Zoo)

CBX is a commodity, like legacy BTC - which one is more likely to x10 in 2018, BTC with a current MK of +190 billion USD, or CBX with a MK of 4-5 million USD?

Don't get me wrong, BTC is a better store of value today (has a much stronger network effect), but for new entrants into crypto who think 10k USD is expensive for bitcoin ... they can buy a similar 'digital gold' for $4-5, and CBX doesn't suffer all the governance issues of BTC, and isn't going to ever have an existential crisis over what it is ('am I a currency, or a commodity?'), CBX is a digital commodity, I don't think I'll ever use it to buy coffee, but maybe one day use it to buy something expensive, like a car or house or boat.

CBX has risk, but compared to most other crypto is still massively undervalued, so it's a great investment!

elambert
Legendary

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 02:30:32 PM
Merited by Dabs (1)

Your question lies at the heart of all crypto from here on. Yes, it is simple and cheap to clone/copy any crypto coin, and thus coin supply is virtually unlimited when we take into account ALL the possible clones, so, how can any particular coin hold value? I think the answer is still uncertain, but the early adopters of these 1st & 2nd generation coins create the 'vibe', and if the 'vibe' is good, the network effect will take over, and the popular coins that hold their value become the popular coins that hold their value ... because, they're the popular coins that hold their value. I hope CBX is one of these 'popular' coins, but it isn't certain by any means, but the potential is there, because:

2- CBX usecase is clear and simple to explain (i.e. digital store of value, virtual precious metal), not trying to be everything, do one thing better than competition
3- PoSP is common sense, but so many other PoS coins don't use it (i.e. only get real inflation adjusted % if you help secure the network)
5- CBX is +4 years old with active community & quality devs, and longevity in crypto is usually rewarded

ALL these factors encourage long term HODL, so the future network effect for CBX as a store of value is likely to be superior to many other cryptos, but obviously not certain.

1- currencies (like BCH)

CBX is a commodity, like legacy BTC - which one is more likely to x10 in 2018, BTC with a current MK of +190 billion USD, or CBX with a MK of 4-5 million USD?

Don't get me wrong, BTC is a better store of value today (has a much stronger network effect), but for new entrants into crypto who think 10k USD is expensive for bitcoin ... they can buy a similar 'digital gold' for $4-5, and CBX doesn't suffer all the governance issues of BTC, and isn't going to ever have an existential crisis over what it is ('am I a currency, or a commodity?'), CBX is a digital commodity, I don't think I'll ever use it to buy coffee, but maybe one day use it to buy something expensive, like a car or house or boat.

CBX has risk, but compared to most other crypto is still massively undervalued, so it's a great investment!

Wow, great response! Only things I would add with reference to CBX is a 65 second block time as opposed to BTC 10 minutes +++. Ultra low transaction fees relative to BTC. Eco-friendly low power usage thru Proof of Stake design versus enormous energy consumption of proof of work. And finally interest earning potential thru PoSP and soon BPN - essentially dividends for those invested.
m33
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

Never invest with borrowed coins

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2018, 10:54:02 PM

1- currencies (like BCH)

really like this guy , took the print out of my fingers well done, two thumbs up . and welcome to the bullionaire club, and yah but a yatch !!

Bullion (CBX) ◢◤Clients
CRYPTOBULLION.IO
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

YOUR DIGITAL PRECIOUS METAL 
PoSP | BNP Masternodes | 65 Second block time
Bullion MarketPlace

Cryptopia | NovaExchange |
Coinbook |

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Pages: « 1 ... 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 [234] 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: