Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 06:40:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING: Limited Edition Wood Bitcoins - Many options to choose from <--Scammer  (Read 1408 times)
Hellot (OP)

Activity: 679
Merit: 526

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 12:25:09 AM

The thread titled "Limited Edition Wood Bitcoins - Many options to choose from" is from a known scammer by the name of WoodCollector.  Buy buying his products, you are supporting a scammer.

The is just a friendly service announcement since WoodCollector won't let it be known in his own thread.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=952487.0

If his past is any indicator, Limited Edition means as many as he can sell.  I'll gladly sell you links to the original scammer accusation thread for the low cost of free.  Please reply if you would like to buy these links.  The links will be mailed to your physical address on US Letter paper once I have enough interest.

SodaWarz

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 01:11:40 AM

That will teach you to be off topic and in the wrong thread now wont it.
thriftshopping

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 01:13:17 AM

I don't see any problem with someone buying from him as long as they actually receive the agreed upon goods.

His work has previously been very beautiful and probably would have still sold if it had been known to have been created by automation, although not for nearly as much.

Anyone considering buying from him should obviously use escrow 
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 01:35:03 AM

if you want to support a creepy liar with no respect for honesty, buy his stuff. 

thriftshopping

Activity: 137

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 01:41:30 AM

if you want to support a creepy liar with no respect for honesty, buy his stuff. 
I would say that if you think his product is worth the price he is selling it for then buy his stuff.

However his history makes me hesitate to buy from him because I imagine that any disputes are not going to be handled very well
CanadaBits

Activity: 126

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2015, 03:06:36 AM

This is great i'm a machinist and can tell these pieces aren't hand made the detail is to fine. I run a 6' x 20' cnc router and can easily program the exact same designs he has made. I work with very delicate plastics and have done very detailed pieces made out of acrylic that can take up to 8 hours to complete with a careful eye and no room for mistake. I do work for a company and don't personally own the machine and we charge 100$ for one hour of machine time. From experience woodcollector's most detailed piece that I have seen I could estimate a machine time of 2 hours and if your looking to purchase a small router table it's 5000$ for a decent one that can produce such detail and easily be ran from inside your garage with the right skill set..

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 03:10:59 AM

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: