Bitcoin Forum
December 11, 2016, 06:26:39 AM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.13.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin getting the wrong kind of attention?  (Read 1645 times)
asw0210

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 09:53:11 PM

in australia, bitcoin isnt getting any attention, and i like it that way.

You forgot to knock on wood.
http://yro.slashdot.org/story/12/08/16/1241233/australian-watchdog-frets-over-bitcoin-mmos-money-laundering-potential
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
cryptoanarchist

Activity: 896

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 10:00:54 PM

These kind of threads are always a little retarded to me. First off, why should anyone care what kind of attention something gets in the media? What the media peddles is irrelevant, because they are all full of shit. The whole point of bitcoins and cryptoanarchy is to replace them with better alternatives, so the current mainstream media's days are numbered anyway.
stevegee58

Activity: 783

View Profile
August 16, 2012, 10:09:52 PM

I have to agree with Mr. Anarchist.  MSM coverage is either irrelevant or positive.  Negative reporting on an issue like BTC simply draws more attention from average people who want to see what it's about.

You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.
synths

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 03:22:57 AM

Any currency can be used for illegal activity. I don't understand why the attitude is any different with bitcoin. You can buy credit card details for liberty reserve, does that make liberty reserve evil? You can buy drugs/ccv for western union, moneygram, liberty reserve over the internet. Why does it matter that you can now also do it with btc? That does not condemn the whole currency.
freeAgent

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 03:40:13 AM

I don't see SilkRoad as a problem.  I have no interest in purchasing drugs from them, but I think it's great that people are able to do so.  The prohibition on drugs is a failed experiment which has resulted in mass incarceration, violence, and death.  If the SilkRoad decreases the harm that the drug war is inflicting on society, I'm all for it.  It also works as a proof that real transactions can take place using Bitcoin.  Honestly, I much prefer stories about the SilkRoad to stories about Bitcoin speculation.
softwareseller

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 06:57:01 AM

So what?

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.