Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:47:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum, Bitcoin & Coinbase  (Read 3491 times)
bitcoin_bagholder

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 07:09:52 AM

There already is a decentralised exchange on Ethereum!

EtherEx - http://www.etherex.org/

Have a look at the GitHub too - https://github.com/etherex

Assuming Charles H. is still part of Ethereum, I may have to get ahold of his ass. From the looks of it, EtherEx is exactly what I've been seeking out for the grand project I'm developing.

Well-done, guys!

He's long gone from ethereum.

Bitmixer sucks

Bit-X sucks
kashivre (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 04:36:30 PM

Hold your horses, until it's released Ethereum is nothing but vaporware, when/if released it will then go through a testing phase and then it will need to live up to the expectations, several years will pass until the software pass all the tests and prove to be reliable software.

Ethereum is not vaporware.
But yes I agree it will take several years for Ethereums potential to come to fruition. Still...very exciting times.

Ethereum has admited they are stuck in certain key parts of the devlopment. I still dont get why someone would invest in Ethereum instead of Maidsafe.

Really? Any eth devs to confirm this?
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 05:30:26 PM

Nick Szabo is an ethereum fan. NUFF Said.

I think ethereum it will be revolutionary. Can't wait for march 20th
slaveforanunnak1

Activity: 743
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 05:32:58 PM

So, as some people know Ethereum will be released in the next few months...and this causes me to contemplate its effect on Bitcoin as a whole.

One thing for sure is crypto will become a lot more secure, with protection against fraud rising to an all time high. This will presumably have an effect on Bitcoin, the community and the way its viewed from 'outside'.

If a Crypto Exchange was to run on top of Ethereum, meaning the exchange is decentralized, the risk of fraud would be terminated, there would never be another Mt.Gox or 'money disappearing panic omgwtfbbq'ing' going on. If an exchange is safe, people would be more willing to part with their fiat and therefore we could see an influx of bitcoin investments (and in general crypto investments), once the potential of this new technology is realised.

This makes me wonder what stance Coinbase takes on this. If they don't evolve fast enough to become decentralized, another exchange will most likely take over and become the most adopted exchange.

If Coinbase were to work with Ethereum, I could see the whole crypto community benefiting. Coinbase would become safer, meaning more investments, momentum with Ethereum would build, and Bitcoin's price would rise substantially.

Thoughts...?
I think you want something like this?

http://www.etherex.org/
colinistheman

Activity: 873
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 07:11:39 PM

I could be wrong about this but I don't think the goal is to pay in Ethers.   That's why it doesn't really compete with Bitcoin in the sense you may think.  While I understand that their verbiage had to change due to legal reasons, the verbiage right now states that Ether is the "gas" that powers the functions that Ethereum provides.  I guess in a sense that would make it similar to Ripple.  Neither expects to be the next "Apple Pay" but both use their unit of account for executing functions and features tied to their blockchain.  The value of ether will go up provided the demand to develop on that platform goes up faster than the supply being generated in intervals they have planned.  

Anyone correct me where I'm wrong.  

-B-

This was also what I gathered from reading about Ethereum a while back. The first thought that struck me was that "Ether" was being described as the "fuel" to run scripts on the Ether network, and that currencies and applications could be built on top of it. But why? To me it just seems like people would use ETH itself as the currency and that ETH would always be more valuable than any currency created on top of it.

As a comparison: BTC is basically the fuel for the Bitcoin blockchain too. Colored coins can be created on top of the bitcoin network for specialized uses, but still the most valuable and underlying coin is the bitcoin. I feel Ether will be the same as BTC, and BTC is definitely a currency, so why wouldn't ETH also be a currency? I'm sure it will be valuable when trying to buy it.

Is there a possibility that more Ether will be introduced into their system at a future time or is the supply forever fixed now that the sale is over?

If I have the wrong concept of Ether please feel free to correct me. I'd like to understand it.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Ethereum X

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:24:04 AM

Hey all, Ethereum is suffering from his scability according to Vitalik, that's why we created Ethereum X our new crypto to pay with it ! It's a sidechain. I wish you'll love this. A second airdrop will arrive soon
carrash912

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 15, 2017, 10:47:53 AM

The coinbase is really good, from security to bitcoin transfer, eth. I do not understand why trading fees are so high. 85000 sts Huh
I used to use coinbase so I do not want to use other wallets but this time I have to change!
kendryfernandez

Activity: 90

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:23:02 PM

The coinbase is really good, from security to bitcoin transfer, eth. I do not understand why trading fees are so high. 85000 sts Huh
I used to use coinbase so I do not want to use other wallets but this time I have to change!

I know, I still use coinbase since other currency/crypto exchanges request SSN.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: