Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:25:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: To all bitcoin lenders  (Read 1564 times)
bombartier357 (OP)

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 08:53:18 PM

I am having my website lendmecoin.com redesigned and programmed by an experienced web designer.  It is a peer to peer lending website.

If you would like to lend money it will require a VIP yubikey.  I will be purchasing some keys and giving them out for new lenders.  This is promotional and only while supplies last.

If you are a lender and are interested in loaning on my website.  Please contact me and let me know.  The yubikeys will be released when the website is released, but I would like to get a pool of lenders ready to go other than myself.

Please supply references and list some of the members you have lent to so I may verify your level of commitment.

Thank you,
Kyle Austin
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AndyRossy

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 08:54:12 PM

What advantages does a Lender gain from operating on your website versus here or on OTC?
bombartier357 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2012, 09:00:22 PM

What advantages does a Lender gain from operating on your website versus here or on OTC?

It will track all the data from borrowers to one central location, which will make it safer for lenders because there is more data.  The data will be much more detailed and credit oriented.  This will be benificial for guaging risk.

The yubikeys will prevent people from creating "false" credit for borrowers to scam other members.  We will track credit data and actively reduce the ability to scam.

The system will be very "turn key" and easy for borrowers as well as lenders.

What would you like to see?
BadBitcoin (James Sutton)
Donator

Activity: 452
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 03:18:50 AM

neat, I was thinking of just this idea a few days ago, esentially a bitcoin version of communitylend.com would be great.
Willowbitcoin

Activity: 106
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 05:26:19 AM

I was thinking about doing something similar. So i will watch on with interest.

Goodluck! Wink
LuaKT

Activity: 162
Merit: 10

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 09:45:03 AM

The site appears to be offline.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
bombartier357 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 05:55:01 PM

I am having my website lendmecoin.com redesigned and programmed by an experienced web designer.  It is a peer to peer lending website.

Is is that hard to press the "Insert Hyperlink" button ?

the domain doesn't point to any server, so probably not worth the hyperlink

If you would like to lend money it will require a VIP yubikey.  I will be purchasing some keys and giving them out for new lenders.  This is promotional and only while supplies last.

What is the pros of using a VIP yubikey, and not using google auth? I have feeling this maybe a downfall of the site. Lenders shouldm't have to jump thru hoops, but instead prove they have the funds they claim.

If VIP yubis are not used then I could simply make many lender accounts and create "false" credit.  The main reason I am creating this website is so that I can lend to people.  If I want to add more lenders to this system I do not want "false" credit anywhere.  Or I put myself at risk...

I think lenders will jump through a small hoop in order to be part of a safe and secure community of borrowers.  I find that if people can make money from it, people will do it.
bombartier357 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 08:59:11 PM

I am having my website lendmecoin.com redesigned and programmed by an experienced web designer.  It is a peer to peer lending website.

If you would like to lend money it will require a VIP yubikey.  I will be purchasing some keys and giving them out for new lenders.  This is promotional and only while supplies last.

What is the pros of using a VIP yubikey, and not using google auth? I have feeling this maybe a downfall of the site. Lenders shouldm't have to jump thru hoops, but instead prove they have the funds they claim.

If VIP yubis are not used then I could simply make many lender accounts and create "false" credit.  The main reason I am creating this website is so that I can lend to people.  If I want to add more lenders to this system I do not want "false" credit anywhere.  Or I put myself at risk...

I think lenders will jump through a small hoop in order to be part of a safe and secure community of borrowers.  I find that if people can make money from it, people will do it.

i think your confused, cause there wouldn't be any false credit, cause as soon as lendee don't receive any btcs from the lender then the lender should get reported and be removed from the site. Nothing is gained from that but no wealth is exchanged so nothing is lost. I think you got it backwards lendees should have to prove more of there unidentifiable selve. As I said if you want more people to be lenders they won't want to jump thru hoops they have the capital you need to carter to them otherwise you will probably be the only lender.

Let me explain further...  By false credit I mean that one person creates two account.  One being the lender account and one being the borrower account.  Then proceeds to lend to himself to create "false" credit.  If a lender does not have enough btc in his account he cannot take a loan anyways.

This is the largest concern that I have.  The yubikey would make it very difficult to accomplish this.  My main priority is not quantity but quality.  I want quality lenders and quality borrowers.  If a lender has to actually purchase this key in order to become a lender then they actually have something to lose if they practice shady dealings. 
Vanderbleek

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 09:24:09 PM

Are you planning on having lenders "deposit" funds on the site, or just sign a message with an address showing they have the available funds?
bombartier357 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 10:39:27 PM

I am having my website lendmecoin.com redesigned and programmed by an experienced web designer.  It is a peer to peer lending website.

If you would like to lend money it will require a VIP yubikey.  I will be purchasing some keys and giving them out for new lenders.  This is promotional and only while supplies last.

If VIP yubis are not used then I could simply make many lender accounts and create "false" credit.  The main reason I am creating this website is so that I can lend to people.  If I want to add more lenders to this system I do not want "false" credit anywhere.  Or I put myself at risk...

I think lenders will jump through a small hoop in order to be part of a safe and secure community of borrowers.  I find that if people can make money from it, people will do it.

i think your confused, cause there wouldn't be any false credit, cause as soon as lendee don't receive any btcs from the lender then the lender should get reported and be removed from the site. Nothing is gained from that but no wealth is exchanged so nothing is lost. I think you got it backwards lendees should have to prove more of there unidentifiable selve. As I said if you want more people to be lenders they won't want to jump thru hoops they have the capital you need to carter to them otherwise you will probably be the only lender.

Let me explain further...  By false credit I mean that one person creates two account.  One being the lender account and one being the borrower account.  Then proceeds to lend to himself to create "false" credit.  If a lender does not have enough btc in his account he cannot take a loan anyways.

This is the largest concern that I have.  The yubikey would make it very difficult to accomplish this.  My main priority is not quantity but quality.  I want quality lenders and quality borrowers.  If a lender has to actually purchase this key in order to become a lender then they actually have something to lose if they practice shady dealings.  

But you realize you are alienating capital like me who don't want to spend the extra $25 to lend. Plus did you ever think of other ways to do this, like blocking tor nodes, doing email verification (sending a code and have it reentered on the site), and blocking temp email services, Gathering the 3 last ips of the logins and cross checking them across the site, ETC ETC ETC. I feel like you want one step that will solve it and that isn't going to work you need layers to solve this issue. I think this is going to be your down fall. I know you want quality and not quantity but you are also making the site too high of standards which will make people not want to use it.  

Yes I am alienating capital.  In business it is beneficial for there to be less competition.  I want people who actually know what they are doing to be lending and not any kid in his parents basement.  I do not want rookies handing out money to scammers simply because they do not know any better.  This will attract traffic to my site that I definitely want to avoid.

We do have all of the above mentioned in place as well except blocking tor nodes... Don't want to do that.

Yes I do have high standards.  It will make for less lenders, but not less borrowers...

Are you actually considering using this website?  Or are you arguing simply for the sake of arguing?
bombartier357 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2012, 03:18:54 PM

If VIP yubis are not used then I could simply make many lender accounts and create "false" credit.  The main reason I am creating this website is so that I can lend to people.  If I want to add more lenders to this system I do not want "false" credit anywhere.  Or I put myself at risk...

I think lenders will jump through a small hoop in order to be part of a safe and secure community of borrowers.  I find that if people can make money from it, people will do it.

Let me explain further...  By false credit I mean that one person creates two account.  One being the lender account and one being the borrower account.  Then proceeds to lend to himself to create "false" credit.  If a lender does not have enough btc in his account he cannot take a loan anyways.

This is the largest concern that I have.  The yubikey would make it very difficult to accomplish this.  My main priority is not quantity but quality.  I want quality lenders and quality borrowers.  If a lender has to actually purchase this key in order to become a lender then they actually have something to lose if they practice shady dealings. 

But you realize you are alienating capital like me who don't want to spend the extra $25 to lend. Plus did you ever think of other ways to do this, like blocking tor nodes, doing email verification (sending a code and have it reentered on the site), and blocking temp email services, Gathering the 3 last ips of the logins and cross checking them across the site, ETC ETC ETC. I feel like you want one step that will solve it and that isn't going to work you need layers to solve this issue. I think this is going to be your down fall. I know you want quality and not quantity but you are also making the site too high of standards which will make people not want to use it. 

Yes I am alienating capital.  In business it is beneficial for there to be less competition.  I want people who actually know what they are doing to be lending and not any kid in his parents basement.  I do not want rookies handing out money to scammers simply because they do not know any better.  This will attract traffic to my site that I definitely want to avoid.

We do have all of the above mentioned in place as well except blocking tor nodes... Don't want to do that.

Yes I do have high standards.  It will make for less lenders, but not less borrowers...

Are you actually considering using this website?  Or are you arguing simply for the sake of arguing?

I actually was looking to be a lender but it seems this isn't what kind of environment I want my bitcoins in. I don't get why you above posts says "To All Bitcoin lenders" when in fact your just looking for lendees. Your are begging to get scammed. Alienating capital alienates lendees as well, it is relationship. And you don't want traffic to your site, I don't understand that one. You make this huge argument about wanting quality yet your not blocking tor nodes, you seem you don't have a clear picture of this site.

I appreciate the feedback.
chmod755
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2012, 04:19:46 PM

Sorry to say that, but I don't think that your website will be successful…

bombartier357 (OP)

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2012, 01:18:31 AM

Sorry to say that, but I don't think that your website will be successful…

Perhaps you are right, but I am moving forward regardless.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: