Bitcoin Forum
July 07, 2024, 01:29:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is not gold  (Read 1526 times)
TheDreadPirateDickstein

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 06:19:48 PM

Regarding the recent discussions about the new fork, I see that some of the arguments refer to Bitcoin being like gold, and like gold, it should not be used for small transactions.

Now, I wonder... why do people insist that Bitcoin should work exactly like gold? What's so fantastic about the yellow metal that they want to replicate?

Bitcoin was not planned to be “like gold”. It was planned as a digital currency that enables payments and money transfer all around the globe, and the proposal never planned a restriction on the value of the transfers.

I understand the similarities between Bitcoin and gold (such as fungibility, durability, and others), but trying to limit its development just because it will be less like gold seems silly and unfounded.

......yeah....it's what makes it an alternative to FIAT....inelastic supply and no central bank....it's actually very pertinent and probably one of the most important fundamentals...lot of goldbugs like this kind of shit fyi......yeah...BTC actually was kind of based off of EGOLD btw. And the gold market has a multi trillion dollar cap, see?.....but you don't. Because....

You are mistaken about a GREAT
MANY
THINGS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    delicia | delicia.io    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Decentralized Global Food Network | World's Only Solution to Food Wastage | Join Whitelist Now, Get 30% Bonus
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Whitepaper | Telegram | Medium | Twitter | FB | ANN    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: