Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 03:56:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 2012-07-25 various - (regulator hits 'brazillian bitcoin investment group')  (Read 8143 times)
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 03:51:52 PM

running a stock exchange for a virtual curreny, good luck proving thats illegal.
Way to go !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EnergyVampire

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 04:13:25 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2012, 12:18:53 AM by EnergyVampire

[WTS] Brazilian Warcraft CyberInvestment Group Shares  
[WTS] Brazilian Warcraft CyberInvestment Group - Weapons Index ETF
[WTS] Brazilian Warcraft CyberInvestment Group - WoW Gold Trakkers
[WTS] Brazilian Starwars CyberInvestment Group - Lightsaber Futures
[WTS] Brazilian Diablo III CyberInvestment Group - Auction House Binaries Roll Eyes

Coming soon, virtual funds for every MMO in existence and websites hosted from every sovereign nation just to keep you busy CMV!  Grin

Well, either we are not getting all the details or the regulators have a shitstorm ahead of them.

EhVedadoOAnonimato

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 04:38:53 PM

Well, either we are not getting all the details or the regulators have a shitstorm ahead of them.

What shitstorm?
They've sent a sort of "cease and desist" letter to Leandro, who, not wanting to get screwed, complied. The fund is over, and that's it. There's nothing "ahead of them".
EnergyVampire

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 07:52:41 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2012, 08:14:47 PM by EnergyVampire

What shitstorm?
They've sent a sort of "cease and desist" letter to Leandro, who, not wanting to get screwed, complied. The fund is over, and that's it. There's nothing "ahead of them".

My point is if Leandro hasn't broken any Brazilian laws then he shouldn't back down, even with a "cease and desist" letter.

If he was in the USA then definitely drop the word "Investment" from the name, in my opinion, or change it to something silly like cyberinvestments, vaporshares, whatever...

"The corrupt fear us. The honest support us. The heroic join us." - Bitcoin Magazine

unclescrooge
aka Raphy

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 08:39:36 PM

What shitstorm?
They've sent a sort of "cease and desist" letter to Leandro, who, not wanting to get screwed, complied.

He told us he did not complied. Do you have a source where he says otherwise?
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 09:20:54 PM

What shitstorm?
They've sent a sort of "cease and desist" letter to Leandro, who, not wanting to get screwed, complied.

He told us he did not complied. Do you have a source where he says otherwise?

He removed the thread from the forum. He started another one asking for loans, because asking for loans and paying interest isn't illegal Wink
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 11:12:54 PM

But that imply real money. We just are playing a game where i send you a message in bitcoin and you send me back it, with our funny software, no one can arrest us for that. Or they will arrest me if i shoot someone in a fps?

Leandro César

Activity: 536
Merit: 503

+1

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 12:06:39 AM

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.bitcoinrain.com/

Hugs.

L.

Leandro César
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 04:39:50 AM

Firstly I'm based in the UK (right now in China but that is temporary), which suffers a lot less from corrupt officials than the likes of Brazil

Oh but there was no corruption in this. At least if you define corruption as "not respecting the law", this was not corrupt at all. The law was strictly and actually efficiently applied. And that's the whole problem.

Contrary to popular belief, the main problem with countries like Brazil are not the corrupt officials. These actually give people some air to breath. They allow you, through some bribe, to avoid the worst.  It's precisely those who efficiently apply the laws, like this Otávio Yazbek, that fuck us all. (Of course, officials who ignore all crappy laws and let people live their lives in peace without requiring any bribe are preferable to the corrupt ones, but these are unfortunately quite rare...)

Either what I'm doing is legal or illegal, running a stock exchange for a virtual curreny, good luck proving thats illegal.

Not wanting to be negative, as I sincerely appreciate what you've done (GLBSE), but  I'm pretty sure they can find tons of laws you're breaking.
I think you're putting yourself in danger by operating GLBSE without hiding your identity. I'd like to be wrong on this one though. Smiley

This is a common stategy of overbearing governments (China being a prime example) where nearly everything is illegal (officially, meaning there is a law against that action which could be applied), the only way to get anything done is to bribe or pull strings. Often there are laws there which are almost never applied, except in the situation where the state wants to take someone down. For example, did you know that it is illegal to have pre-marital sex in mainland China? It's never applied (as you can imagine there are plenty of people sleeping around here), but it's there, ready to be used when it needs to be.

However I believe that the concerns about me running GLBSE are well placed, I still don't think that it's large enough to warrant official attention in the UK at least just yet. I believe my next step will be to separate the deveopment of GLBSE and it's running. With the development being tied to my public identity.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 08:17:29 AM

Firstly I'm based in the UK (right now in China but that is temporary), which suffers a lot less from corrupt officials than the likes of Brazil

Oh but there was no corruption in this. At least if you define corruption as "not respecting the law", this was not corrupt at all. The law was strictly and actually efficiently applied. And that's the whole problem.

Contrary to popular belief, the main problem with countries like Brazil are not the corrupt officials. These actually give people some air to breath. They allow you, through some bribe, to avoid the worst.  It's precisely those who efficiently apply the laws, like this Otávio Yazbek, that fuck us all. (Of course, officials who ignore all crappy laws and let people live their lives in peace without requiring any bribe are preferable to the corrupt ones, but these are unfortunately quite rare...)

Either what I'm doing is legal or illegal, running a stock exchange for a virtual curreny, good luck proving thats illegal.

Not wanting to be negative, as I sincerely appreciate what you've done (GLBSE), but  I'm pretty sure they can find tons of laws you're breaking.
I think you're putting yourself in danger by operating GLBSE without hiding your identity. I'd like to be wrong on this one though. Smiley

This is a common stategy of overbearing governments (China being a prime example) where nearly everything is illegal (officially, meaning there is a law against that action which could be applied), the only way to get anything done is to bribe or pull strings. Often there are laws there which are almost never applied, except in the situation where the state wants to take someone down. For example, did you know that it is illegal to have pre-marital sex in mainland China? It's never applied (as you can imagine there are plenty of people sleeping around here), but it's there, ready to be used when it needs to be.

However I believe that the concerns about me running GLBSE are well placed, I still don't think that it's large enough to warrant official attention in the UK at least just yet. I believe my next step will be to separate the deveopment of GLBSE and it's running. With the development being tied to my public identity.

Did you mean to say America?

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 10:53:00 AM

Did you mean to say America?

Probably America too, but it's much more obvious in places like China, take for example the definition of a state secret in China, anything that is said in public that is not approved by the government. Only applied when someone has pissed off the wrong person in the communist party.

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 04:54:03 PM

I really can't compare, just didn't want our persecution overlooked :-)

So, Cesar, the original project is done or no? And there is a new project with no details released yet?

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
conspirosphere.tk
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064

Bitcoin is antisemitic

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 05:02:17 PM

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.
Friedrich Nietzsche

“Everything the State says is a lie, and everything it has it has stolen” - Friedrich Nietzsche

“Sometimes people don’t want to hear the truth because they don’t want their illusions destroyed.” – Friedrich Nietzsche

“In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
Stephen Gornick
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 09:32:30 AM

Another post on the subject:

- http://silvervigilante.com/bitcoin-attacked-by-brazils-securities-commission-under-the-control-of-international-finance/

Unichange.me

█
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █
            █

EhVedadoOAnonimato

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 29, 2012, 06:06:02 PM

This is crypto-totalitarianism. It's mostly everywhere, unfortunately.
Timo Y
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001

bitcoin - the aerogel of money

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 08:09:46 AM

This is just showing that Brazil is not going to be the place to do bitcoin related business, I don't believe that other first world countries will be following suit. This seems like a lazy decision by some official "what? bitcoin, Reals whatever, you need a 'licence' to continue".

This example illustrates why Brazil is rank 126 (out of 183) on the World Bank's Ease of Doing Business Index.

Red tape and regulatory overzealousness in Brazil is horrible. Doing any kind business there is more difficult than in English speaking countries. 

On the other hand, the market is less saturated, and there are more gaps and inefficiencies that present great opportunities for making money.  And Brazilians have a real skill for dodging the overbearing regulators.

That's why am I am certain bitcoin related business won't disappear from Brazil.

GPG ID: FA868D77   bitcoin-otc:forever-d
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 10:31:55 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eocuqE3Y4Tg&feature=player_detailpage#t=104s

Bitcoin mentioned in this context here as well.....   

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: