Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:45:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TheObserver is back! Watch your wallets!  (Read 1374 times)
iglasses (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 10:49:20 PM

As many of you may recall, this POS scammer ran a group buy just about a year ago for a non existent miner that he then claimed he did receive, although he never provided any proof.  like most scammers, he became irate and went on the offensive against those who called him out on his BS and then disappeared.
Suddenly, not too long ago, he started logging in again and wasted no time once again attacking people with good reps and leaving feedback that is just plain insane.  he chose to wait a year and then post a fake BS pic of the miner that he received and then immediately lock a year old thread (presumably so he could have the last word). 

I don't know what scam he is involved with yet but rest assured if he is using the forum it is to rip someone off.    Unfortunately, as is the case so often, no personal information about this low life was ever obtained and the people he stole from were out their hard earned BTC.

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
February 12, 2015, 11:45:45 PM

Ah yes i saw that thread recently, for those who don't know here is the GB thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=452850.0
Hellot

Activity: 679
Merit: 526

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 12:01:10 AM

I'm fairly certain that The Observer account is now owned by WoodCollector and that is him you see logging in and posting.  WC has a bunch of sock puppets he's using to scam.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 12:57:41 AM

I'm fairly certain that The Observer account is now owned by WoodCollector and that is him you see logging in and posting.  WC has a bunch of sock puppets he's using to scam.

Yes I am convinced that The Observer and WoodCollector are one in the same.

Their grammatical "Your" errors instead of using "You're" is glaring.

T.O. and W.C. are scammers, simple.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

thriftshopping

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 12:59:39 AM

Why exactly were people trusting a random newbie with thousands of dollars like that? I don't care what "proof" he had (the thread linked appears that there was no proof), you should not trust a new user like that
iglasses (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 01:04:47 AM

He certainly is up to something no good.

He's engaged in a PM war with me threatening me and challenging me to come to his house.  He even provided me with his full name and address (and a convenient google image of his real house!) which I will NOT post in the open forum because it's probably just some poor soul who he robbed in the past.

I never parted with any BTC in his fraudulent group buy but was pretty outspoken in the original thread once it became clear what he was up to.  I have nothing to gain by posting this other than to warn others that after a year and a burnt user id a known scammer suddenly reappears on the forum and out of nowhere begins to attack users who are very well known and have good reps.  The bottom line is, he is up to something and the more light that shines down upon him the better the chance he won't steal from anyone else.

These thieves get away with far too much on this board.

I only have a signature because I'm allowed.
MadZ

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 01:19:05 AM

Another stylistic element that indicates they are the same person is the fact that both of them never capitalize the pronoun "i".
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 01:25:36 AM

Another stylistic element that indicates they are the same person is the fact that both of them never capitalize the pronoun "i".

quotes??

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

ivonna

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 01:38:50 AM

Both TheObserver and VX Miners - Larry are giving negative trust who were involved in the WC sagga. He/they were at least following it closely, or if not then were participating/profiting from it.

This guy appears to be somewhat of a skilled scammer

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼  No.1 Bitcoin Binary Options  ▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼
████████████████████████████████  sec◔nds trade  ████████████████████████████████
↑↓ Instant Bets ↑↓ Flexible 1~720 minutes Expiry time ↑↓ Highest Reward 190% ↑↓ 16 Assets [btc, forex, gold, double dice] ↑↓
MadZ

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 01:39:26 AM
Last edit: February 13, 2015, 02:03:12 AM by MadZ

quotes??

Just go through their recent post history and it becomes obvious. Here are a few though:

Sure can Bob, it's 9 p.m. here tonight but i will call some of my old venders first thing in the morning and see if i can get a piece of kiln dried walnut shipped to me right away.

Do you want it one of the standard sizes? Do you want it with or without the "trees for the future" brand on it? and are you going to want a QR code and address on the back of it?

Can you make one in walnut so it can match with my decor?

If your ok with Black Walnut i could have one done by the weekend, Its the only walnut i stock besides Walnut Burls which would be considerably more expensive. If you want regular walnut it would take me a week to get my hands on some that is already kiln dried. Seeing as Black Walnut is considerably cheaper than the exotic woods i could probably make you one a little larger too. If you wanted one with a gold overlay to accent the black walnut i could do from 10" on down for $130.00 as the original is 10" and i can only scale down not up yet. Shipping to the US on anything over 5.75" is $15.95

If you want regular walnut just let me know and i will find some.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=949007.msg10396960#msg10396960

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=949007.msg10408640#msg10408640 (both in locked topics can't quote)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=948991.msg10418144#msg10418144

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=452850.msg5756581#msg5756581

You get the idea I think. Fortunately, the locked ones can't be edited to disguise this fact in the future. Obviously, this isn't certain proof, but it is an unusual stylistic element that shows up in both their posts (more unusual than messing up your and you're*). Given this and the circumstantial evidence that The Observer happened to show up after a 10 month hiatus to defend WoodCollector, I would say they are probably the same person. By the way, The Observer's old posts show the same writing style, so I doubt it is a bought account.
koshgel
Legendary

Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 01:45:54 AM

They are all painted red already anyway so hopefully people will be cautious from doing business with WC or his alts again.
MadZ

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 02:02:46 AM

They are all painted red already anyway so hopefully people will be cautious from doing business with WC or his alts again.

I think this revelation would change something. Personally, I only viewed WoodCollector as dishonest, not a scammer. He delivered a product that was artistically pleasing and unique. If I was to buy from him, I wouldn't particularly care how it was made (this is only my opinion though). On the other hand, The Observer is a blatant scammer, there is no middle ground when considering his actions.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 02:09:38 AM

quotes??

Just go through their recent post history and it becomes obvious. Here are a few though:

Sure can Bob, it's 9 p.m. here tonight but i will call some of my old venders first thing in the morning and see if i can get a piece of kiln dried walnut shipped to me right away.

Do you want it one of the standard sizes? Do you want it with or without the "trees for the future" brand on it? and are you going to want a QR code and address on the back of it?

Can you make one in walnut so it can match with my decor?

If your ok with Black Walnut i could have one done by the weekend, Its the only walnut i stock besides Walnut Burls which would be considerably more expensive. If you want regular walnut it would take me a week to get my hands on some that is already kiln dried. Seeing as Black Walnut is considerably cheaper than the exotic woods i could probably make you one a little larger too. If you wanted one with a gold overlay to accent the black walnut i could do from 10" on down for $130.00 as the original is 10" and i can only scale down not up yet. Shipping to the US on anything over 5.75" is $15.95

If you want regular walnut just let me know and i will find some.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=949007.msg10396960#msg10396960

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=949007.msg10408640#msg10408640 (both in locked topics can't quote)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=948991.msg10418144#msg10418144

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=452850.msg5756581#msg5756581

You get the idea I think. Fortunately, the locked ones can't be edited to disguise this fact in the future. Obviously, this isn't certain proof, but it is an unusual stylistic element that shows up in both their posts (more unusual than messing up your and you're*). Given this and the circumstantial evidence that The Observer happened to show up after a 10 month hiatus to defend WoodCollector, I would say they are probably the same person. By the way, The Observer's old posts show the same writing style, so I doubt it is a bought account.

Nice. Looks WC doesn't even care as the writing styles are a perfect match lol.

So funny to see someone try so hard to deceive then fall flat on their face.

Epic!!

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: