Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:01:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Accomplishing private BTC transactions  (Read 902 times)
bitcoinrocks (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 10:59:49 PM

I've been thinking over how to send and receive BTC without tying my main wallet to the transactions.  Here's the best I can come up with:

- Open two Blockchain.info wallets, label one "public" and one "private".
- Always send BTC from my main wallet only to my private Blockchain wallet, never to my public Blockchain wallet or anywhere else.
- Always send BTC from my private wallet to my public wallet using Shared Coin (faster, less than total privacy) or Shared Send (slower, total privacy).
- Send BTC from my public wallet anywhere I want.  If I don't want the destination to be known then I can use Shared Coin or Shared Send, but if it doesn't matter then I can use a regular send which is fastest.
- Receive BTC to my public account and send to my main account with Shared Coin or Shared Send.

I think this prevents my main wallet from being tied to my day-to-day transactions, especially if I use Shared Send instead of Shared Coin.  Is there a better/easier way?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitcoinrocks (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 12:27:20 AM

Actually, does using an HD wallet accomplish the same thing?
Q7

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 01:01:51 AM

You can consider electrum since it support HD and there are different wallet addresses (up to 5) available and make sure also the "change address" function is also enabled by default.

bitcoinrocks (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 05:04:39 PM

Actually, does using an HD wallet accomplish the same thing?

To answer my own question, no, not at all.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: