Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:17:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2015-02-14] Medium: Bitcoin could reach $34,400 - Roger Ver  (Read 3356 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 09:47:49 AM

Bitcoin could reach 34,400 - Roger Ver

https://medium.com/zapchain-magazine/roger-ver-believes-bitcoin-could-be-worth-thousands-of-dollars-2deafd647d50

"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 09:51:08 AM

Don't be retarded

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2015, 03:28:44 PM

Don't be retarded

Such sounds advice for free!  So kind!

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 07:19:52 PM

Looks like someone has big hopes Grin Well, it's actually not impossible to happen. Haha Smiley
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 14, 2015, 09:16:32 PM

Winklevoss bro's say $100K and Roger Ver says $34K.

Of course I would love to see Bitcoin anywhere in the range they quote.

But is it realistic....? Hmm, not sure. Probably not.  Cheesy
Chef Ramsay
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 12:46:52 AM

He chose a good day to come out with such a prediction. Who knows if there's an upcoming bubble that will lead us into that neck of the woods. Or, as things keep progressing making wider adoption possible then these heights can be reached. As a well respected Bitcoiner just said, give them a few years and things could pop off quite nicely.
Honeybooboo

Activity: 354
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 12:03:51 PM

Anyone think it's pointless speculating on the price? I don't know why people make specific predictions like this. Sure, it could become worth 34k but I doubt it and not unless we get huge mainstream adoption.

I think a few thousand is very possible within a few years, though I'd rather just wait and see what happens. People are too preoccupied with the price and should concentrate on adoption.
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 01:06:40 PM

Anyone think it's pointless speculating on the price? I don't know why people make specific predictions like this. Sure, it could become worth 34k but I doubt it and not unless we get huge mainstream adoption.

I think a few thousand is very possible within a few years, though I'd rather just wait and see what happens. People are too preoccupied with the price and should concentrate on adoption.

I think it's another thing to do when we get bored, but I agree we should focus on moving projects forward and less time babbling about what could happen.  Let's get out there and make things happen!

... Said the guy reading the press section... Heh.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2015, 01:50:46 PM

actually they (WikiTwins) say 40k and i my view bitcoin will go at least beyond 10k or will go to zero.

Whitehouse

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 03:11:09 PM

I think it's another thing to do when we get bored, but I agree we should focus on moving projects forward and less time babbling about what could happen.  Let's get out there and make things happen!

Then there must be a lot of bored people here  Grin. I think it's mostly wishful thinking. Bitcoin certainly has the potential to be worth several thousands but it all depends on the rest of the world paying interest.

actually they (WikiTwins) say 40k and i my view bitcoin will go at least beyond 10k or will go to zero.

I'd love bitcoin to go to 10k as I'd be a millionaire, but I can't see it happening. I'd be happy at 1000 again though.

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 03:12:34 PM

Don't be retarded

Such sounds advice for free!  So kind!

Not being retarded is important. Sometimes people forget Tongue

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1299

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 03:43:04 PM

This.  It is something of a binary proposition, it will be worth a lot or nothing.

If Ver and "his friends from he foundation" would gladly sell at $2k, they would've sold at 1200.  I'm no fan of TBF, but Ver and most of them are not going to dump at 2k.  They know the potential.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 09:17:33 PM
Last edit: February 17, 2015, 05:19:00 PM by odolvlobo

In 2007, remittances worldwide totaled $300 billion.

Western Union fees for remittance can run around 4% to 20% or more.

If the market cap for bitcoin was $300 billion, each single bitcoin would be worth $42,000.

The article's premise is flawed. It is important to remember that the Bitcoin market cap doesn't have to be $300 billion in order to support $300 billion per year in transactions.

Still, $34k is certainly possible if people start using it.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
jcoin200

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 08:40:24 PM

Of course these guys are going to keep saying things like this, in hopes more people buy btc.  Right now its not really practical at all to use day to day, or hold for any period of time.  People do listen to this guy though and take his predictions seriously...
Alley
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 12:36:04 AM

He didn't really address the issue that there is no incentive for people to pay in btc at amazon or wherever. We don't care if they save money on fees.  But with our CC we get cash back rewards.  So amazon would need to start giving at least 1% off there invoice to us.
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 01:26:57 PM

I have seen a short interview where they said that it has the potential to reach $100K

Anyway, $40k or $100K, both figures are not realistic.

In order to get Bitcoin to a certain price level we have to get rid of the corrupt and shitty exchanges that we have now.

Do I see that happen in the comming years? Not really. Unless a new and serious different exchange pops up that deals with problems as written above.
Whitehouse

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 02:09:06 PM

I have seen a short interview where they said that it has the potential to reach $100K

Who knows what price is realistic. Any attempt to give bitcoin a value other than its current price is pure speculation. Bitcoin could be worth 0-1 Million in the future. We'll just have to wait and see.

In order to get Bitcoin to a certain price level we have to get rid of the corrupt and shitty exchanges that we have now.

Do I see that happen in the comming years? Not really. Unless a new and serious different exchange pops up that deals with problems as written above.

Decentralised exchanges will be the future. There you go. Problem solved.

cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1299

View Profile
February 17, 2015, 04:55:36 PM

People were saying "$1" is not realistic in late summer 2010 and then "$1 is not sustainable" after dollar parity.  Then the same at $10 and $30. 

What is realistic?  If their adoption assumptions are realistic, it is realistic, if not, then not.  It is purely speculation to say it is or is not realistic.  Just remember the same thing has been said since at least summer 2010.

LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 04:12:42 PM

Grin

btcshiner

Activity: 478
Merit: 125

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 01:13:58 AM

If Bitcoin rises to $30k plus it will be a fun wild ride with even more buffet comparisons to the tulip craze.
bitbouillion

Activity: 868

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 03:31:49 AM

$200-$250 seems to be the final value.

bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 11:08:23 AM

Reply to Roger Ver:

1. Amazon: No. Amazon will never accept Bitcoins, as they are having good tie-ups with Paypal / Master / Visa.

2. Gambling: No. For the average online gambler, Bitcoin is a bit too tech savvy. Storage and transfer of Bitcoins is not easy.

3. Gas Stations: See #2.

4. International remittance: Hmm... here we have a real possibility and already there are several small steps taken in this direction. But for 99% of the people, Bitcoin is not as reliable or risk-free as established  remittance processors.
maurya78

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 01:16:05 PM

I respect Roger but these price predictions are really pointless and only serve to make btc seem like a pozi set up
STFU and watch it happen

Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: