Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:36:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How do you classify yourself politically?  (Voting closed: May 30, 2011, 11:11:17 PM)
Libertarian - 22 (21.6%)
Anarchist - 28 (27.5%)
Conservative - 3 (2.9%)
Liberal - 16 (15.7%)
Statist - 1 (1%)
Neutral - 9 (8.8%)
Ignorant - 4 (3.9%)
Uninvolved - 6 (5.9%)
Communist - 4 (3.9%)
Other - 9 (8.8%)
Total Voters: 101

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Political Orientation  (Read 15504 times)
Peter Lambert (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
May 23, 2011, 11:11:17 PM

From reading through the forums, I expect a large percentage of the people here to be in the Libertarian/Anarchist group. This is to be expected since many people point out how BitCoins will challenge traditional, government backed currencies. I would like to suggest, however, that we could spread our message to the "Liberal" part of the political spectrum by also focusing on how BitCoins will challenge the almighty corporations as well. I can imagine some people are worried that Visa and Paypal have too much control over the monetary system, and BitCoins afford a way to get around them.

Let me know if I left out any obvious choices for the poll.

-Peter-

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 23, 2011, 11:15:42 PM

But what if we like corporations?  (I voted conservative)
AtlasONo

Activity: 551

View Profile
May 23, 2011, 11:17:03 PM

Opening a can of worms here.
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
May 23, 2011, 11:23:19 PM

But what if we like corporations?  (I voted conservative)
Then you use PayPal. Grin
Anonanon

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2011, 11:29:35 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2011, 11:49:54 PM by Anonanon

What's the difference between Neutral, Ignorant and Uninvolved? Tongue

By Statist, do you mean Fascist (State Capitalist)? Libertarians, Liberals and Conservatives are technically 'Statist', in that they approve of a governing state through which to enact political change.
bittrader

Activity: 42
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 23, 2011, 11:32:53 PM

My political philosophy is antidisestablishmentarianism!
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
May 23, 2011, 11:38:21 PM

Oh, what... I'm the second Libertarian voting? And we have an anarchist majority so far.

That's kind of unexpected!
rezin777

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 23, 2011, 11:46:59 PM

Oh, what... I'm the second Libertarian voting? And we have an anarchist majority so far.

That's kind of unexpected!

Really? Libertarians are just anarchists who are confused.  Grin
Anonymous

May 23, 2011, 11:52:37 PM

Most of the anarchists are probably anarcho-capitalists which is basically pure libertarianism.
bitcoinewbie

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 12:43:28 AM

What about "non-ignorantly unlabeled"?
Sawzall

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 01:11:48 AM

This morning I was awoken by my alarm clock powered by electricity generated by the public power monopoly regulated by the US Department of Energy.

I then took a shower in the clean water provided by the municipal water utility. Then, I brushed my teeth with that water, filtered to standards set by the EPA and my state.

After that, I turned on the TV to one of the FCC regulated channels to see what the National Weather Service of the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration determined the weather was going to be like using satellites designed, built, and launched by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. I watched this while eating my breakfast of US Department of Agriculture inspected food and taking the drugs which have been determined as safe by the Food and Drug Administration.

At the appropriate time as regulated by the US Congress and kept accurate by the National Institute of Standards and Technology and the US Naval Observatory, I get into my National Highway Traffic Safety Administration approved automobile and set out to work on the roads built by the local, state, and federal Departments of Transportation, possibly stopping to purchase additional fuel of a quality level determined by the Environmental Protection Agency, using legal tender issued by the Federal Reserve Bank and printed by the Federal Bureau of Engraving and Printing. On the way out the door I deposit any mail I have to be sent out via the US Postal Service and drop the kids off at the public school.

I park my car on the street, paved and maintained by the Department of Transportation, and put quarters issued by the United States Mint into the parking meter.

Then, after spending another day not being maimed or killed at work thanks to the workplace regulations imposed by the Department of Labor and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, I drive back to my house which has not burned down in my absence because of the state and local building codes and the fire marshal's inspection, and which has not been plundered of all its valuables thanks to the local police department.

I then log onto the Internet which was developed by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Administration and post on the Bitcoin forums about how the Federal Reserve Bank is going to destroy us all because the government can't do anything right.
mewantsbitcoins

Activity: 126

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 01:17:47 AM

You people probably vote too  Grin Grin
c-rock

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

I love the Cloud, and Love Mining, how 2 combine?

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2011, 01:26:03 AM

I am a Ron Paul Republican. 

I am a member of the Wheeling Township Republican Party.   I am active in local and state politics. 

c-rock

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 01:26:46 AM

This morning I was awoken by my alarm clock powered by electricity generated by the public power monopoly regulated by the US Department of Energy.

I then took a shower in the clean water provided by the municipal water utility. Then, I brushed my teeth with that water, filtered to standards set by the EPA and my state.

After that, I turned on the TV to one of the FCC regulated channels to see what the National Weather Service of the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration determined the weather was going to be like using satellites designed, built, and launched by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. I watched this while eating my breakfast of US Department of Agriculture inspected food and taking the drugs which have been determined as safe by the Food and Drug Administration.

At the appropriate time as regulated by the US Congress and kept accurate by the National Institute of Standards and Technology and the US Naval Observatory, I get into my National Highway Traffic Safety Administration approved automobile and set out to work on the roads built by the local, state, and federal Departments of Transportation, possibly stopping to purchase additional fuel of a quality level determined by the Environmental Protection Agency, using legal tender issued by the Federal Reserve Bank and printed by the Federal Bureau of Engraving and Printing. On the way out the door I deposit any mail I have to be sent out via the US Postal Service and drop the kids off at the public school.

I park my car on the street, paved and maintained by the Department of Transportation, and put quarters issued by the United States Mint into the parking meter.

Then, after spending another day not being maimed or killed at work thanks to the workplace regulations imposed by the Department of Labor and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, I drive back to my house which has not burned down in my absence because of the state and local building codes and the fire marshal's inspection, and which has not been plundered of all its valuables thanks to the local police department.

I then log onto the Internet which was developed by the Defense Advanced Research Projects Administration and post on the Bitcoin forums about how the Federal Reserve Bank is going to destroy us all because the government can't do anything right.

.... and then you took a look at your sorry, dwindling bank account and social security that has been ass-raped by the banksters and their minions in gubmint and reached for the .44 in the drawer under your desk ...

... your freedom under government spiel is an illusion, you are a monetary slave, indebted by by blind adherence to a corrupted medium of exchange.

rezin777

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 01:27:00 AM

Well shit! $14,282,631,245,678 was a bargain.
Anonymous

May 24, 2011, 02:08:18 AM

More than 50% is anti-government, heh.
mouser98

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 02:37:56 AM

.... and then you took a look at your sorry, dwindling bank account and social security that has been ass-raped by the banksters and their minions in gubmint and reached for the .44 in the drawer under your desk ...

... your freedom under government spiel is an illusion, you are a monetary slave, indebted by by blind adherence to a corrupted medium of exchange.

+1

except that his .44 wasn't there because his State Legislature, in their infinite wisdom, does not allow him to own a means by which he could so easily remove himself from the tax-farm.  oh, and the internet exists because the relatively free parts of the not-really-free market created cheap home computers, modems and routers that anyone can afford, not DARPA.
BitterTea

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 02:40:16 AM

Shouldn't this be in Off Topic?
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 03:36:24 AM

Lol, win.  Cheesy
error

Activity: 588

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 03:40:41 AM

If you want more crap like that, read:
http://governmentisgood.com/articles.php?aid=1

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: