Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:40:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Core - Receiving & Sending Adresses ?  (Read 2333 times)
Madness (OP)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 05:45:47 PM

Hi,

I setuped up lately Bitcoin Core for the first (was using Electrum and Multibit before) so I'am not that familliar with this new wallet .
Alright so :

• File => Receiving Adress => They are basically the adresses you use them to use BTC so give them to the sender, pretty simple
  • File => Sending Adresses => That's my question , I got no adresses there , so I will able to send Bitcoin without having any adresses there or not ? How should I add one there anyway ? and if I send BTC (letting the sending adresses Empty) what Adress is going to be used by default to send coins ?
It's sort of confusing for me really . thanks
~ Madness

"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 05:54:50 PM

Hi,

I setuped up lately Bitcoin Core for the first (was using Electrum and Multibit before) so I'am not that familliar with this new wallet .
Alright so :

• File => Receiving Adress => They are basically the adresses you use them to use BTC so give them to the sender, pretty simple
  • File => Sending Adresses => That's my question , I got no adresses there , so I will able to send Bitcoin without having any adresses there or not ? How should I add one there anyway ? and if I send BTC (letting the sending adresses Empty) what Adress is going to be used by default to send coins ?
~ Madness

Sending addresses is like an address book where the addresses from others you used in the past are kept. When you use send you can add a label. The label and the address will show via "sending addresses"

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Madness (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 05:57:10 PM

Hi,

Alright so :

~ Madness

Sending addresses is like an address book where the addresses from others you used in the past are kept. When you use send you can add a label. The label and the address will show via "sending addresses"

Not sure if I got it right, so to confirm I got another question
Basically if now I send (I have nothing on Sending Adresses window) , what Adress is doing to be used or with other meaning ..what Adress will I see on the Blockchain Transaction ? Totally new one generated ?

~ Madess

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 06:06:41 PM

-snip-
Basically if now I send (I have nothing on Sending Adresses window) , what Adress is doing to be used or with other meaning ..what Adress will I see on the Blockchain Transaction ? Totally new one generated ?

~ Madess

Lets say you received funds (e.g. 2000 BTC) on address A in the past. A will be listed with your other addresses under "receiving addresses". If you now want to send to someone else the "send" interface asks for an address ("pay to:"), a label and an amount. Lets say you enter my address B the label "shorena's address" and amount 1000 BTC (id really like that Wink ). You set the fee and all that and hit send. What you would see on blockchain or other blockexplorers is a transaction

Code:
A -> B (1000.000 000 00 BTC)
  -> C ( 999.999 900 00 BTC)

but the actual transaction has no "from" address. I guess thats where the confusion is. Even though blockexplorers show it like this, transactions have no "sending address" where the BTC come from. A transaction refers to another transaction. The 999.9999 is your change (minus the fee) and that will be send to an address that is newly generated for you (C).

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Madness (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 06:08:39 PM

-snip-

~ Madess

Lets say you received funds (e.g. 2000 BTC) on address A in the past. A will be listed with your other addresses under "receiving addresses". If you now want to send to someone else the "send" interface asks for an address ("pay to:"), a label and an amount. Lets say you enter my address B the label "shorena's address" and amount 1000 BTC (id really like that Wink ). You set the fee and all that and hit send. What you would see on blockchain or other blockexplorers is a transaction

Code:
A -> B (1000.000 000 00 BTC)
  -> C ( 999.999 900 00 BTC)

but the actual transaction has no "from" address. I guess thats where the confusion is. Even though blockexplorers show it like this, transactions have no "sending address" where the BTC come from. A transaction refers to another transaction. The 999.9999 is your change (minus the fee) and that will be send to an address that is newly generated for you (C).

Oh now I got it , you are really good at explaning stuff , thanks mate Grin I really appreciate it .
Who knows , maybe I will give you that amount of BTC when I become rich  Roll Eyes

~ Madness

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: