Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:59:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 CPU  (Read 1939 times)
ssateneth (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 04:07:58 AM

Figured I'd crosspost here to get a better chance at selling this.

I am selling an Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 CPU only. It is a 4-core CPU. It was a pull from my main PC, which was since upgraded with an i7-3930k. It was cooled with a liquid cooling loop. NOTE: This processor was LAPPED! There are no identifying marks on the face of the processor. This was done to improve the ability to cool this processor. The heatspreader is still there. It is just bare copper now instead of nickel-plated like how it normally retails. Again, there are no identifying marks on the CPU itself, however, It will be detected as an Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 and operate at 2.83GHz (8.5 multiplier with a quad-pumped 333MHz or 1333MHz Front Side Bus).

Make sure to double check that your motherboard supports this CPU. I have 2 other computers in this house that use the G41 chipset on the motherboard. This CPU works with one of them, but the other computer is incompatible with CPU's that have a TDP higher than 65W. The TDP of this CPU is 95W. It is important that you do the research yourself to find out if your computer will accept the Q9550 CPU.

I have it on eBay for $170 shipped to US48. For forums members though, it's $155 shipped to US48, payable with equivalent in BTC (negotiate an amount at time of sale) or Dwolla. I might do paypal, but the risk is on me. International ship (including canada) will cost the actual shipping amount minus $5. You are responsible for any customs/taxes incurred.

Picture below is not the exact processor you will receive, but it looks identical. It is currently sitting in the living room computer, which is working as a single GPU miner (radeon 5830). The heatsink I have on it (Thermltake Big Typhoon) is impossibly difficult to install/uninstall, so that's why I'm using a placeholder picture.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: