Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:05:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Public STATEMENT Regarding Bitcoinica account hack at MtGox  (Read 72793 times)
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 09:20:06 PM

is anyone committing these all of these threads to pastebin or elsewhere ?  As posts seem to be removed from time to time this will all be relevant when these cases go to court.

Maybe the forum administration will be able to find deleted posts if they are not deleted from the database, or if they are, by restoring its backup (I heard the forum's backup is done pretty often).

Signature space available for rent.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Maged
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 03:52:08 PM

is anyone committing these all of these threads to pastebin or elsewhere ?  As posts seem to be removed from time to time this will all be relevant when these cases go to court.

Maybe the forum administration will be able to find deleted posts if they are not deleted from the database, or if they are, by restoring its backup (I heard the forum's backup is done pretty often).
Deleted posts are only ever hidden from the public, despite the button being called "delete". They can be unhidden just as easily.

BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

BCJ

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 03:57:46 PM

The forum is managed in the US but hosted in Japan.  Wonder what the legality is of complying with Subpoenas. There is probably also a Fed or NSA geek already monitoring  and mirroring this board.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 04:01:15 PM

The forum is managed in the US but hosted in Japan.  Wonder what the legality is of complying with Subpoenas. There is probably also a Fed or NSA geek already monitoring  and mirroring this board.
Try again: http://whois.domaintools.com/50.97.137.52
Hosted at Softlayer in Dallas. Whois protected by a canadian company.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 04:11:38 PM

Deleted posts are only ever hidden from the public, despite the button being called "delete". They can be unhidden just as easily.

What about edited posts?
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 04:18:29 PM

The forum is managed in the US but hosted in Japan.  Wonder what the legality is of complying with Subpoenas. There is probably also a Fed or NSA geek already monitoring  and mirroring this board.

Interesting.  I thought I saw a whois and/or read discussion that bitcoin.org talk was hosted by Tibanne Co. Ltd??
Has that changed recently?
BCB
CTG
VIP
Legendary

BCJ

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 04:21:00 PM
Last edit: July 28, 2012, 04:50:14 PM by BCB

hmmm....

I don't know if full disclosure is in order but could a mod or admin weight in?

Thanks.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 04:42:57 PM

Interesting.  I thought I saw a whois and/or read discussion that bitcoin.org talk was hosted by Tibanne Co. Ltd??
Has that changed recently?
MtGox provides hosting, but that doesn't mean that the hosting is in Japan. I think you might find that MtGox is in the same place, but you can't check since the IP is that of the DDoS prevention service (Prolexic).

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
check_status

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician

View Profile
July 30, 2012, 07:07:35 PM

SoftLayer, a global leader in cloud, dedicated and managed private hosting, runs on Global Crossing infrastructure, a leading global IP solutions provider. Global crossing provides dedicated 10 Gbps Dedicated Internet Access (DIA) ports for SoftLayer.

"Global Crossing provides services to enterprises (including approximately 40 percent of the Fortune 500); government departments and agencies; and 700 carriers, mobile operators and ISPs. It delivers converged IP services to more than 700 cities in more than 70 countries, and has 17 world-class data centers in major business centers around the globe."
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/softlayer-deploys-global-crossing-solution-to-meet-growing-demand-for-virtual-data-center-connectivity-128661883.html

Softlayer may not be the NSA, but Global Crossing might be.

For Bitcoin to be a true global currency the value of BTC needs always to rise.
If BTC became the global currency & money supply = 100 Trillion then ⊅1.00 BTC = $4,761,904.76.
P2Pool Server List | How To's and Guides Mega List |  1EndfedSryGUZK9sPrdvxHntYzv2EBexGA
neofutur

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2012, 03:42:19 PM

Relevant?

Session Time: Fri Jul 13 00:00:00 2012
[00:49] * phantomcircuit (~phantomci@c-67-188-9-35.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #intersango
[00:49] * ChanServ sets mode: +o phantomcircuit
[01:01] * phantomcircuit sets mode: -o phantomcircuit
[01:01] * phantomcircuit is now known as steve_bobs

[00:49] * phantomcircuit (~phantomci@c-67-188-9-35.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #bitcoinconsultancy

[00:49] * phantomcircuit (~phantomci@c-67-188-9-35.hsd1.ca.comcast.net) has joined #bitcoinica

I call fake on that chat-log. I can't find any evidence of that anywhere.

not fake, I also have those in my logs : 

Code:
/irclogs/freenode $ grep steve_bobs *>../steve_bobs.log

cat ../steve_bobs.log

#bitcoinconsultancy.log:2012-07-13 07:57-!- phantomcircuit is now known as steve_bobs
#bitcoinconsultancy.log:2012-07-14 23:29-!- steve_bobs [~phantomci@c-67-188-9-35.hsd1.ca.comcast.net] has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
#bitcoin-dev.log:2012-07-13 07:57-!- phantomcircuit is now known as steve_bobs
#bitcoin-dev.log:2012-07-13 18:11< gavinandr> steve_bobs: I don't think it would work for an exchange, they'll have to be a MSB
#bitcoin-dev.log:2012-07-14 23:29-!- steve_bobs [~phantomci@c-67-188-9-35.hsd1.ca.comcast.net] has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
#bitcoin-ops.log:2012-07-13 07:57-!- phantomcircuit is now known as steve_bobs
#bitcoin-ops.log:2012-07-14 23:29-!- steve_bobs [~phantomci@c-67-188-9-35.hsd1.ca.comcast.net] has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
#bitcoin-otc.log:2012-07-13 07:57-!- phantomcircuit is now known as steve_bobs
#bitcoin-otc.log:2012-07-14 23:29-!- steve_bobs [~phantomci@c-67-188-9-35.hsd1.ca.comcast.net] has quit [Remote host closed the connection]
#bitvps.log:2012-07-28 22:43<     jaxtr> "steve_bobs"
#mtgox.log:2012-07-13 07:57-!- phantomcircuit is now known as steve_bobs
#mtgox.log:2012-07-14 23:29-!- steve_bobs [~phantomci@c-67-188-9-35.hsd1.ca.comcast.net] has quit [Remote host closed the connection]

but this really means nothing at all imo
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 03:30:33 AM

I hope everyone can comment with more reasoning and less assumptions. I'm trying my best to calm down and attempt to get more information about the hacker, because he also used my email for a credit card fraud case. It's possible to discover something at that direction.

I have also listed a few people who know this secret email of mine. And I'm going to question them one by one tonight.

I'm definitely on the side of Bitcoinica customers and I believe that if the real hacker really had ties with me personally like what MagicalTux said, I may be able to recover majority of the amount back if the hacker can be warned. This issue is very serious and if I'm the hacker, I would definitely return the full amount back to reduce the criminal punishment.

The hacker seems to be a Chinese because he used Chinese punctuations in his English messages in the Aurumxchange ticket.

I will provide any information needed to the police once Bitcoinica files a police report.

Now that makes no sense.

You steal the funds just to return them to reduce criminal punishment?

LOL

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

stochastic

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2012, 03:34:34 AM

I hope everyone can comment with more reasoning and less assumptions. I'm trying my best to calm down and attempt to get more information about the hacker, because he also used my email for a credit card fraud case. It's possible to discover something at that direction.

I have also listed a few people who know this secret email of mine. And I'm going to question them one by one tonight.

I'm definitely on the side of Bitcoinica customers and I believe that if the real hacker really had ties with me personally like what MagicalTux said, I may be able to recover majority of the amount back if the hacker can be warned. This issue is very serious and if I'm the hacker, I would definitely return the full amount back to reduce the criminal punishment.

The hacker seems to be a Chinese because he used Chinese punctuations in his English messages in the Aurumxchange ticket.

I will provide any information needed to the police once Bitcoinica files a police report.

Now that makes no sense.

LOL

But if the thief says he is sorry, then it is ok, right?

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2012, 01:29:38 AM

Now that makes no sense.

LOL

In this community, apparently so.   Huh

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 09, 2012, 01:44:56 AM

Now that makes no sense.

LOL

My whole point was that if ZT were to steal the funds then return it to reduce punishment that would made so much sanese

</sarcasm>

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 03:55:09 AM

At this time, it appears that there is an overwhelming amount of evidence linking Zhou Tong personally to the Bitcoinica account hack at MtGox. Our legal department has advised us to freeze the funds for the exchange order mentioned above until further investigation by the authorities and/or legal proceedings are concluded.

Please understand that some information will not be released until all legal proceedings have been concluded.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but was the anti money laundering investigation into the 40000 USD LR transaction by Zhou ever completed?

If so, what was the outcome and where did the funds go?
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 08:26:06 AM

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but was the anti money laundering investigation into the 40000 USD LR transaction by Zhou ever completed?

Riiight.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
danieldaniel

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2013, 05:57:33 PM

The funds are safely in Zhou's bank/Bitcoin account/wallet.

BitBuster

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:30:54 AM

Apologies for another resurrection, but did ZT get away with it or did "Chen" actually exist? Tongue

BB.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 01:41:16 AM
Last edit: April 11, 2013, 03:07:18 AM by Matthew N. Wright

Apologies for another resurrection, but did ZT get away with it or did "Chen" actually exist? Tongue

BB.

He still maintains that AurumXChange is holding those funds. You can ask them what they did with the money.

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 11, 2013, 02:36:08 AM

BB.

He still claims that AurumXChange is holding his funds. Ask them what they did with the money.

He claimed they were not his funds - that they resulted from a transaction he conducted on behalf of a friend.  Then he strangely told AurumXChange that they could refund those coins to Bitcoinica.  They pretty much can't do anything without being able to determine the true ownership of those funds.  

If Zhou maintains they aren't his, then he can't authorise their release to anyone - including Bitcoinica.  If they are his own legitimate funds, then there's no reason he would authorise their release to anyone else - and he should have no problem proving to AurumXChange that they are his own legitimate funds.

The extent to which Zhou has been protected throughout the whole Bitcoinica debacle is truly sickening.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: