Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 08:09:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Statement about the suspect of recent Bitcoinica hack  (Read 136082 times)
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 08:38:12 PM

Why am I the only person asking for a voice recording of the conversation between zhoutong and Chen Jianhai?

Cause you're the only one who understands chinese?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 08:45:29 PM

Why am I the only person asking for a voice recording of the conversation between zhoutong and Chen Jianhai?

Because the rest of us assume that there'll be some excuse as to why it wasn't recorded - even though logging it would have been a major priority for most of us under the same circumstances and we would have explicitly mentioned recording the call.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 09:11:11 PM

Because that might be evidence in a court of law, and no one involved wants evidence.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 09:38:59 PM

He's not going to get a lawyer... what would he say?

"Uh, I stole a shitload of money and spent it, now they found out it was me and they want it back.  Help me."??
You think that's something unusual for a person to say to a lawyer?

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 10:30:36 PM

Bitcoinica has delayed over $700,000 in refunds for more than 75 days, and they are completely responsible for processing the claims.

Right now this issue is put on hold by them as well, because only Bitcoinica has the power to demand returning the funds from Chen Jianhai. I'm willing to provide his contact information to Bitcoinica or act as an intermediary.

If Bitcoinica refuses to take actions, no matter how much progress we make in investigation, the funds will never be returned to rightful owners.

Here I recommend anyone with significant stake to consider taking legal action against Bitcoinica LP, Bitcoinica Consultancy Ltd and Bitcoin Consultancy Ltd to make returning of the funds possible. Alternatively, the creditors can force Bitcoinica into legal liquidation process so that the management can be replaced by someone else.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3015

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 10:35:58 PM

Bitcoinica has delayed over $700,000 in refunds for more than 75 days, and they are completely responsible for processing the claims.

Right now this issue is put on hold by them as well, because only Bitcoinica has the power to demand returning the funds from Chen Jianhai. I'm willing to provide his contact information to Bitcoinica or act as an intermediary.

If Bitcoinica refuses to take actions, no matter how much progress we make in investigation, the funds will never be returned to rightful owners.

Here I recommend anyone with significant stake to consider taking legal action against Bitcoinica LP, Bitcoinica Consultancy Ltd and Bitcoin Consultancy Ltd to make returning of the funds possible. Alternatively, the creditors can force Bitcoinica into legal liquidation process so that the management can be replaced by someone else.

Ummm, you stole the money from Bitcoinica!  HOW are they supposed to pay it back?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 10:38:49 PM

Ummm, you stole the money from Bitcoinica!  HOW are they supposed to pay it back?

I didn't.

They should at least make attempt to recover the funds, or start liquidation process, or start police investigation.

But they have done absolutely nothing.

Bitcoinica only owes me about $1,000, and I don't have to sue them.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 10:39:57 PM

I didn't.

They should at least make attempt to recover the funds, or start liquidation process, or start police investigation.

But they have done absolutely nothing.

Bitcoinica only owes me about $1,000, and I don't have to sue them.

You did.  You are a thief and a liar. 

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
sarpar

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 10:55:33 PM

Gather ALL Funds you told us you are able to recover in ONE address - thats YOUR part of the Deal.

The Bitcoinica problem will be resolved independently from the hack issue.

So do YOUR part!

...and don't forget to make backup of your wallet!

I openly boycott the Bitcoinica Consultancy team or Intersango: Donald Norman, Patrick Strateman and Amir Taaki
repentance

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 10:59:54 PM

Given that your credentials were used without your permission in the money laundering attempt and you believe this same person has committed fraud using your credit card account, you can also start a police investigation.  Pointing out that Bitcoinica should be taking certain actions doesn't deflect from the fact that there are also actions which you could be taking.  By not taking those actions, you're coming perilously close to being an accessory after the fact.

You literally can't exonerate yourself without a law enforcement investigation of the connections between the MtGox breach and your accounts.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 10:59:59 PM

Gather ALL Funds you told us you are able to recover in ONE address - thats YOUR part of the Deal.

So do YOUR part!

No, not all the funds he is able to recover - ALL THE FUNDS HE STOLE.

It doesn't matter if he has to sell a house at a loss - he paid for the house with stolen money.  Do you think bitcoin users are willing to donate a large percentage of their money to support his family?

sarpar

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 11:06:13 PM

So do YOUR part!

No, not all the funds he is able to recover - ALL THE FUNDS HE STOLE.

It doesn't matter if he has to sell a house at a loss - he paid for the house with stolen money.  Do you think bitcoin users are willing to donate a large percentage of their money to support his family?

try to see it as an incremental process to deliver the highest possible return for us. but I have to see action!

I openly boycott the Bitcoinica Consultancy team or Intersango: Donald Norman, Patrick Strateman and Amir Taaki
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 11:07:53 PM

Given that your credentials were used without your permission in the money laundering attempt and you believe this same person has committed fraud using your credit card account, you can also start a police investigation.  Pointing out that Bitcoinica should be taking certain actions doesn't deflect from the fact that there are also actions which you could be taking.  By not taking those actions, you're coming perilously close to being an accessory after the fact.

You literally can't exonerate yourself without a law enforcement investigation of the connections between the MtGox breach and your accounts.

Yes, I of course can do this, if I ever wanted to.

My advice was given to the community, and those who want to see their money again.

If you don't care about Bitcoinica's claim process anymore and just want to watch the drama, then your advice is valid.

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 11:17:22 PM

My advice was given to the community, and those who want to see their money again.
If you don't care about Bitcoinica's claim process anymore and just want to watch the drama, then your advice is valid.

sarpar

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 11:20:12 PM

so what's the status on the recovery from your "friend"?
+also you didn't supply further information on the other friend for whom you did these large LR-Deals as you promised in your statement
+I am also missing a statement for these allegations of personal LR-Deals in China in your name

bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 11:24:47 PM

I sense it troubling that Bitcoinica has not made attempt to recover the funds, according to Zhou.
How sound is the company atm? how much resolution do they have to keep the door open and return all funds to customers? what's holding them back?
Is there any rancor left between Zhou and Bitcoinica, as result of the previous hacking fiasco?
Zhou sold a business (defective, imo) for big bucks to the new owner(s), who is left holding the bag.
Zhou has the money, he has/had the reputation, he is a perfect target to get money from.

Call the Interpol.
(Maybe Libertarianism doesn't work after all Sad )

rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 11:25:37 PM

I sense it troubling that Bitcoinica has not made attempt to recover the funds, according to Zhou.
How sound is the company atm? how much resolution do they have to keep the door open and return all funds to customers? what's holding them back?
Is there any rancor left between Zhou and Bitcoinica, as result of the previous hacking fiasco?
Zhou sold a business (defective, imo) for big bucks to the new owner(s), who is left holding the bag.
Zhou has the money, he has/had the reputation, he is a perfect target to get money from.

Call the Interpol.

+1 CALL THE COPS NOW

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
repentance

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 11:31:42 PM

Call the Interpol.

You don't "call Interpol".  Interpol facilitates co-operation between law enforcement agencies from different countries.  People are really over-complicating this.

bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 11:43:09 PM

You don't "call Interpol".  Interpol facilitates co-operation between law enforcement agencies from different countries.  People are really over-complicating this.
Indeed, it looks like they don't take crime report directly: http://www.interpol.int/Contact-INTERPOL
But somehow if you can get your case known by them, the local police will face much more pressure, especially in a totalitarian system like China. 
check_status

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Web Dev, Db Admin, Computer Technician

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 11:46:10 PM

I know why Zhou tong may be worried about an investigation.

----
In China, serious cases of corruption are punished by the death penalty.
During the 1980s, "economic crimes" such as bribery, drug-trafficking, and embezzlement were added to the legal code.
Capital punishment in China can be imposed on crimes against national symbols and treasures, such as theft of cultural relics.
Capital punishment is also imposed on inchoate offenses, that is, attempted crimes which are not actually fully carried out, including repeat offenses such as attempted fraud.
A form of execution called Ling Chi (slow slicing), or death by/of a thousand cuts, was used in China until its abolition in 1905.
Current methods of capitol punishment in China are lethal injection and shooting. Lethal injection is more commonly used for "economic crimes".
Execution vans are unique to China, however.
----
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_Punishment
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_the_People%27s_Republic_of_China

For Bitcoin to be a true global currency the value of BTC needs always to rise.
If BTC became the global currency & money supply = 100 Trillion then ⊅1.00 BTC = $4,761,904.76.
P2Pool Server List | How To's and Guides Mega List |  1EndfedSryGUZK9sPrdvxHntYzv2EBexGA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: