Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:32:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Statement about the suspect of recent Bitcoinica hack  (Read 136083 times)
bittenbob

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 10:39:12 PM

I hate to break it to you but I work for Bitcoin Magazine. The magazine is in no way supported, bought or even affiliated with Zhou Tong. I'm sure

Are you denying that Zhou made a substantial contribution to your magazine?

You can say "It's been quoted" again a few times, that doesnt make it true somehow.
I read the whole frickin' story and never saw mlawrence threatening to injure/kill anyone anywhere.

Thank you - I wonder how Maged managed to see something that exists only in Rarity's delusions?

And what contribution exactly did he make to the MAGAZINE? He donated money in 2011 to BitTalk TV which was used in part for the Christmas special. The magazine had yet to have been announced at this point and the money was long gone before any work was started on it. ZERO funds from Zhou have gone into the magazine and he has ZERO stake in the company. That is a fact.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 10:47:59 PM

You better get used to invasion Zhou, cause it's going to get a lot worse.

Where I come from we don't let people steal half a million dollars and get away with it.

That's all I'm going to say about that anymore, since I'm not going to incriminate myself further.

I'm not letting him get away with it - I'm hiring a PI to bring him to justice and he will spend years in prison.  "Invasion" will become a nightly thing for him.   Wink

Thanks for producing that quote and showing everyone I never really threatened anyone.

Have a great afternoon!   Smiley

As I tried to explain, quoting is pointless.  He now pretends the part of the quote where he admits his actions are criminal did not occur, what is the point of quoting someone who won't take responsibility for their own quotes?

OK. We got it. Can we get back on topic now?
Rarity

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Look upon me, BitcoinTalk, for I...am...Rarity!

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 10:50:40 PM

OK. We got it. Can we get back on topic now?

I sure hope so, dealing with tantrums like that can take it out of me.  Still looking forward to having kids someday though. Smiley

"Money is like manure: Spread around, it helps things grow. Piled up in one place, it just stinks."
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 10:53:53 PM

You better get used to invasion Zhou, cause it's going to get a lot worse.

Where I come from we don't let people steal half a million dollars and get away with it.

That's all I'm going to say about that anymore, since I'm not going to incriminate myself further.

I'm not letting him get away with it - I'm hiring a PI to bring him to justice and he will spend years in prison.  "Invasion" will become a nightly thing for him.   Wink

Thanks for producing that quote and showing everyone I never really threatened anyone.

Have a great afternoon!   Smiley

A PI can't "bring him to justice".  At best, they can uncover information which may assist police with an investigation, which may help lawyers prepare a civil action, or which may be useful for liquidators or others investigating the Bitcoinica collapse (and possible information which would be relevant to the AurumXchange AML investigation).

It is ridiculous to assert that Zhou will "spend years in prison".  Even if sufficient evidence was found to warrant criminal charges being pursued, it's utterly unclear right now which country would have jurisdiction and what specific charges would be applicable - and those things greatly influence the type of sentence which would be imposed if prosecution resulted in conviction.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
MagicalTux
VIP

Activity: 608
Merit: 501

-

View Profile
August 01, 2012, 11:10:25 PM

It is ridiculous to assert that Zhou will "spend years in prison".  Even if sufficient evidence was found to warrant criminal charges being pursued, it's utterly unclear right now which country would have jurisdiction and what specific charges would be applicable - and those things greatly influence the type of sentence which would be imposed if prosecution resulted in conviction.

Countries with jurisdiction over this matter includes New Zealand, USA, and any country whose citizens or resident is missing funds that were deposited on Bitcoinica.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3042

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
August 01, 2012, 11:14:29 PM

And what contribution exactly did he make to the MAGAZINE? He donated money in 2011 to BitTalk TV which was used in part for the Christmas special. The magazine had yet to have been announced at this point and the money was long gone before any work was started on it. ZERO funds from Zhou have gone into the magazine and he has ZERO stake in the company. That is a fact.

I'll accept that.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 02:40:04 AM

Rarity, augustocroppo and mlawrence please continue your debate elsewhere and quit clogging up this thread. I had to split the discussion between Matthew and Chaang-Noi here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=97141.0 and it's a PITA to do so.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2012, 03:34:44 AM

I think that at this point we can safely move away from the idea that Zhou Tong is some 17-year-old kid. I believe that the only reason funds are trickling back is because Kevin Lim has a lot at stake, and it's his reputation that is at risk, not a made-up avatar named Zhou Tong.

Now, who is going to be the first to disprove that Zhou Tong = Kevin Lim?

~Bruno~

I and the user dishwara already figured this out at page 22 and 23, post #427 and #452.

You, the "we", are more than late.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=95795.msg1063040#msg1063040

Also when i read all his posts, i don't think he is 17 year old person.
He using English language very well & not typing as a normal 17 year old do , like using smileys, acronyms....slang language, meme....
I think he must be at least 25+ years old to type with out using any normal 17 guys use to chat.
His replies shows a professionalism.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=95795.msg1063434#msg1063434

There is a ghost writer following the instructions of another person which dictates every answer.

Once we get an consensus that Kevin Lim = Zhou Tong, we can move on to who's in cahoots with him.

~Bruno~

Now that we got those two to chill, John, perhaps we can see if there's a consensus that Kevin Lim = Zhou Tong.

~Bruno~
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 03:39:32 AM

I think that at this point we can safely move away from the idea that Zhou Tong is some 17-year-old kid. I believe that the only reason funds are trickling back is because Kevin Lim has a lot at stake, and it's his reputation that is at risk, not a made-up avatar named Zhou Tong.

~Bruno~

I and the user dishwara already figured this out at page 22 and 23, post #427 and #452.

He using English language very well & not typing as a normal 17 year old do , like using smileys, acronyms....slang language, meme....
I think he must be at least 25+ years old to type with out using any normal 17 guys use to chat.

There is a ghost writer following the instructions of another person which dictates every answer.

Once we get an consensus that Kevin Lim = Zhou Tong, we can move on to who's in cahoots with him.

~Bruno~

Now that we got those two to chill, John, perhaps we can see if there's a consensus that Kevin Lim = Zhou Tong.

~Bruno~

Wow, when did this happen?  What ethnicity is Lim?

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2012, 03:46:33 AM

~Bruno~

~Bruno~

~Bruno~

Wow, when did this happen?  What ethnicity is Lim?

German.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 03:51:48 AM

Rarity, augustocroppo and mlawrence please continue your debate elsewhere and quit clogging up this thread. I had to split the discussion between Matthew and Chaang-Noi here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=97141.0 and it's a PITA to do so.

Looks like you forgot one person. LOL
You got a point there. Bruno, please stop clogging up this thread, and make one of yours. And probably name it 'The Hunt for Zhou Tong - Uncovering the man behind Bitcoinica' or something like that.  Angry
dancingnancy

Activity: 661

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 03:53:37 AM

Bruno has been thinking about filling Dog the Bounty Hunter's time spot on A&E.  I heard PhantomCircuit is brokering the deal.
stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 04:04:38 AM

You got a point there. Bruno, please stop clogging up this thread, and make one of yours. And probably name it 'The Hunt for Zhou Tong - Uncovering the man behind Bitcoinica' or something like that.  Angry

So should the title of the thread be changed to: "Anything but possible suspects of the recent Bitcoinica hack"?

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2012, 04:18:06 AM

You're kidding! Right? But having definitive proof as to who truly is Zhou Tong is not relative to this thread, but discussing the meaning of the word "or" is. I've put in countless hours to help this community in this regard, among others, and am now kindly being asked to start a new thread on the subject because the proof does not merit any discussion on this thread.

The following quoted post, penned by greBit, does an excellent job of outlining, and connecting the dots, as to who Zhou Tong truly is. If this were the results of the mybitcoin.com investigation, I would have had daily BlowBobs from a many members here to last me a lifetime.

Please help me connect the dots illustrated by Bruno ...

Statement 1: Zhou Tong is `Dustin Curtis` owner of lifepath.me

Evidence:

That is correct! Kevin Lim owns isthereason.com. Kevin Lim is the same person that was selling lifepath.me on eBay at the time that Zhou Tong owned it. Zhou Tong even mentions lifepath.me on his Twitter account(s) prior to it being for sale on eBay. The email addresses even match up.

~Bruno~

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lifepath-me-timeline-website-including-domain-name-code-and-designs-/140610305563#ht_3383wt_1165

Statement 2: Kevin Lim is `brainopera`
Evidence:

Registrant:
Kevin Lim
Pine Grove, Block 1K, #01-39
Singapore, 599001
Singapore

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: ISTHEREASON.COM
Created on: 08-Aug-04
Expires on: 08-Aug-13
Last Updated on: 09-Aug-11

Administrative Contact:
Lim, Kevin brainopera@gmail.com
Singapore, 599001
Singapore
+65.97371764

Technical Contact:
Lim, Kevin brainopera@gmail.com
Singapore, 599001
Singapore
+65.97371764

Statement 3: Kevin Lim is a bitcoin vendor in singapore
Evidence:

Quote from: Phinnaeus Gage link=topic=topic=95795.msg1068690
A simple Linkedin search would have found out who is William W. Murck. Or try that Google thingy that's all the rage. Seriously, a researcher like Patrick A. Murck, could not find out the following? http://brainopera.tumblr.com/post/6286926273/will-buy-bitcoin-in-singapore

Statement 4: Kevin Lim is `sgbitcoins@yahoo.com.sg`
Evidence:

Now this: https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!msg/hackerspacesg/FkuQ70ss2Z0/F_16htqyfDIJ

Singapore Bitcoins

Hi all,

I'm selling Bitcoins for cash on delivery. Please contact me directly
via email if you want to trade.

Prices and details here: https://sites.google.com/site/singaporebitcoins/

Thank you.

(To the mods: if ads like this aren't welcome on the mailing list, I
apologize. As Bitcoin is relevant to tech and startups, I hope that
this isn't considered spam.)

Scroll down a few posts and you see Kevin Lim's name.

https://sites.google.com/site/singaporebitcoins/

This service is currently on hiatus.

Contact us at sgbitcoins@gmail.com

~Bruno~

Statement 5: Zhou Tong is a bitcoin vendor in singapore called `sgitcoin`
Evidence:

His email address is sgitcoin@zhoutong.com on www.sgitcoin.com

Domain name: sgitcoin.com

Registrant Contact:
   Zhou Tong
   Tong Zhou ()

Fax:
   PO Box 465
   Carlton South, VIC 3053
   AU

Administrative Contact:
   Zhou Tong
   Tong Zhou ()
   +61.390157926
   Fax:
   PO Box 465
   Carlton South, VIC 3053
   AU

Technical Contact:
   NameTerrific
   Tong Zhou ()
   +61.390157926
   Fax:
   Level 10, 50 Market Street
   Melbourne, VIC 3000
   AU

Name Servers:
   node-1.us.terrificdns.com
   node-2.us.terrificdns.com
   node-3.us.terrificdns.com

Creation date: 02 Sep 2011 16:50:00
Expiration date: 02 Sep 2013 16:50:00

Statement 6: Zhou Tong is closely linked to Kevin Lim
Evidence:

If we can show that sgitcoin.com and sgbitcoins@yahoo.com.sg belong to the same identity.

They certainly appear very similar, coincidence would be hard to argue

Statement 7: bitchen is `sgbitcoins@yahoo.com.sg`
Evidence:

Hi everyone,

I'm offering GoxUSD funds or BTC for International Bank Wire/ WU/ Moneygram or local bank/ COD for people in Singapore. I will take a percentage as fee for withdrawals. This is a fast way for people looking to trade on Gox without waiting for their insane wire transfer times.

You can contact me via PM on the forums or drop me an email at sgbitcoins@yahoo.com.sg

Do let me know if you have any queries.

Statement 8: bitchen = Kevin Lim
Evidence:
From Statements  4 & 7
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 04:44:24 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2012, 05:02:44 AM by repentance

You're kidding! Right? But having definitive proof as to who truly is Zhou Tong is not relative to this thread, but discussing the meaning of the word "or" is. I've put in countless hours to help this community in this regard, among others, and am now kindly being asked to start a new thread on the subject because the proof does not merit any discussion on this thread.

I think it's more an issue of how many different threads it's spilling over into.  It would be better if it was contained in a single thread if only because it's much easier for people to follow your reasoning and keep track of the connections you've found if that information is all in one place.  If you believe that Zhou's identity is relevant to other topics, you can always place a link to your thread in those topics.  There doesn't need to be a "who is Zhou" derail in every single thread about Bitcoinica or multiple topics on the same theme (this is how critical information gets overlooked because people rarely read every post in every single thread about the one topic).

Starting a specific thread about the issue of Zhou's identity need only involve posting an OP summarising the conclusions you've reached and then copying and pasting the relevant posts which you believe support your conclusions.  Right now that information is scattered across multiple threads and you're asking others to connect the dots for themselves like it's some kind of whodunnit game.  Many people don't feel like playing such games so your research will have more credibility if you present your conclusions along with your reasoning in one place.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 05:00:50 AM

Don't pay attention to them. Some of them trolls, the others r interested in Zhou Tong's puppeteer not being revealed.
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 06:46:52 AM

Not only AurumXchange, Mtgox dont have a contact physical mail address in their site
or may be i missed to see it?

When you want to apply for AML Level 2 status, you can get their physical address easily on the website.

I had done it and got my account approved in about a week.

As per this post, AurumExchange HAS zhoutong address & they have enabled AML Level 2 status for zhoutong.
zhoutong is thief or fraud, so he may not/ can not/ will not/ do not go to police or law.
But why the hell AurumExchange not going to law or police?

They have his address , by which they gave him privileges to do business & not using that same address to send legal papers?

I see a similar pattern as btc-e did to supa.
Btc-e posted publicly that supa is a pedophile & asked forum users to FIND supa address, still they said that they have his ip tracked, address known .....& humiliated supa
& also in chat history posted by supa we all saw how much btc-e made supa to beg.

AurumExchange is the first to post publicly that zhoutong is thief/fraud/criminal.....
AurumExchange keep on saying that everything they do/did as per LAW ONLY.
How can they post something publicly with out knowing zhoutong as the real thief?
If they found out zhoutong as thief then why they are waiting to send legal papers to the address they HAVE?

I see a lot of cloudy things around AurumExchange.
They are telling as per law they do everything, still they are publicly showed zhoutong as thief with out going to police.
They so far didn't send any legal papers to zhoutong address they already have.
They are holding zhoutong money against law.
& they are just adding fuel to fire & watching.

zhoutong may be thief or not, but those (AurumExchange) who fingered/accused zhoutong as thief, so far NOT done/doing anything legally & just watching how forum members get angry, shouting, scolding zhoutong.

yes, my English is bad.
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 06:55:47 AM
Last edit: August 02, 2012, 07:07:16 AM by disclaimer201

Not only AurumXchange, Mtgox dont have a contact physical mail address in their site
or may be i missed to see it?

When you want to apply for AML Level 2 status, you can get their physical address easily on the website.

I had done it and got my account approved in about a week.

As per this post, AurumExchange HAS zhoutong address & they have enabled AML Level 2 status for zhoutong.
zhoutong is thief or fraud, so he may not/ can not/ will not/ do not go to police or law.
But why the hell AurumExchange not going to law or police?
They are holding zhoutong money against law.
& they are just adding fuel to fire & watching.

zhoutong may be thief or not, but those (AurumExchange) who fingered/accused zhoutong as thief, so far NOT done/doing anything legally & just watching how forum members get angry, shouting, scolding zhoutong.

yes, my English is bad.

I have no problem of them holding a potential thief's (our) money until he can 100% prove the origin of the money and disclose his "friend". Just imagine the accusations hold true and we let the thief get away with our money because we are correct, law-abiding citizens. It is more than coincidental that similar amounts were traded RIGHT after this hack. I am not at all convinced of the shitty friend story. Noone with an inch of intellect left can believe that story where the audience just needs to "trust" in the good man Zhou and his friend. I wouldn't be shocked after all three hacks and that shady company change that Zhou Tong played a lot of people here. For real, this is the internet. He might just look more like a crook, too and not play all hurt and innocent. I don't buy the pity the kid story anymore! We were made to believe it is a little boy with integrity for the longest time and it might be hard for some to realize they were deceived so badly.
MagicalTux
VIP

Activity: 608
Merit: 501

-

View Profile
August 02, 2012, 07:11:21 AM

The main issue is that this had been brought publicly on this very forum before by Zhou Tong himself, complaining his funds were stuck with AurumXchange.

In that kind of case, the only thing a company can do is to release a statement explaining what happened.
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2012, 07:16:14 AM

The main issue is that this had been brought publicly on this very forum before by Zhou Tong himself, complaining his funds were stuck with AurumXchange.

In that kind of case, the only thing a company can do is to release a statement explaining what happened.

Without blaming anyone, I would like to suggest a better way to handle similar situations in the future:

Release about half of the information to the suspect privately, and give him 12 hours to explain himself. This way you can use his explanation to check against the other half of the evidence, to determine whether it's a made up story or plausible truth.

After 12 hours, post the full evidence alongside with the explanation in public. It also protects privacy and encourages the community to act in a neutral manner.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: