Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:46:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][GRE] GreenCoin - A Blockchain-Based Social Carbon Ecosystem  (Read 80392 times)
biodieselchris (OP)

Activity: 579
Merit: 500

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 11:05:58 PM

Massive interest on the main exchange! up to 10 sat!!!!

we have some new producers and general inquiry interest, so things are looking positive right now!

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Frieda

Activity: 275
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 09:35:08 AM

do our best launch this coin tu bigger market
Oreios

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 08, 2017, 02:29:11 PM

I have gathered lots of information after experimenting with GreenCoin. This could be poured into a wiki of sorts.

I'll contact some markets to see if we can get listed on other places.
biodieselchris (OP)

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 03:44:40 AM

Updates:
Hey guys, a couple of things. We've been fortunate to get some new Producers so things are starting to move, and that's the good news. The bad news is the current portal is on its last legs. You may have noticed that the Our Network page is not updating any longer. Also, the payouts I run daily create the proper payout listings but not the actual payout file any longer so I need to create this by hand which takes time, so it is pretty involved. The database has a persnickety bug that I could look into hiring to fix this, move but that is not the best plan.

The web dev that was planning out he v2.0 portal (the ones with screenshots previously posted) took a job that occupied much of his time for awhile now. However, I recently discussed the project with him and he committed to re-engaging to deliver the minimum Portal v2.0. The timeline for the launch is a few weeks. Assuming that goes forward as currently planned, there is no need to fix the current portal as long as I can hamstring it along, and focus on the v2.0 functionality instead.

With that said I welcome new producers but the sign up process is not an easy one. This is simply just part and parcel with being in a project early in its growth. They need to email with me to verify their production credentials and fight the wallet download/sync process like everyone has had to do. Despite this, I encourage current producers to engage with new producers that in their best judgement wouldn't shy away from this small challenge and help them out in the slack forum.

Cranky4u

Activity: 810
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2017, 04:14:24 AM

CJ_900

Activity: 24

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2017, 03:50:13 PM

just pumped on this thread and it's amazing after all these years the coin is still around good work!

I read some complains about the inflation and I've to agree it's pretty high but it seems the coin already has gone through some changes so the more the dev change things the less reliable the coin will be and trust is everything in cryptos so all issues have got to be resolved all at one go. I'll point out some issues I see...a) for 3 billion coins out there there has to be some wealth distribution what I mean bag holders must put a lot of their coins out there for 1 satoshi (even this will only work if the other points are taken care) b) inflation is too high it's ok to have some inflation but you've almost 40% inflation around 10% is acceptable as long it's reduced to eventually around 2% in long term coded into it c) the symbol for this coin makes one run away from this coin it's GREV2 is that a hint you'll have V3 and V4 and so on? take the opportunity as the coin is still in only one exchange and change the symbol to 3 digits starting with X as it's the international standard ex. XGR d) bring back the miners pure PoS is not ideal for dissemination of the coin maybe the miners themselves might run on solar energy never know e) 50% fees on farmers is too much Zcash is having problems keeping with 20% I think no more than 20% is acceptable. f) make it 80% PoW with 4 different algorithms like Verge for security and 20% for PoS so this way you spread pretty well the mining and interest in the coin.
If you've got a dev that can apply these changes in a short period of time you might hit a home run but make sure not to create a new coin. Remember the purpose is to bring value to the coin without value the project has no future even if it's a great idea. These are just some minor tweaks that must be addressed after that it's still up to all those external forces to decide the faith of GreenCoin

those are some good suggestions fosco, do you know any dev or group of devs that might want to take this project on?

About the symbols, XGR is already taken, I would suggest XGE or XGN or XGC. fosco has made some really good suggestions, I like the concept behind GreenCoin and I hope it catches on.
mrbodz

Activity: 800
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 02:33:05 AM

Just an update for everyone. I'm working on getting the seed node back online. I also have quite a bit of GRE up for sale if anyones looking to buy

Ahmed
allcoinminer

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 03:54:04 AM

Nice to see Ahmed and chris back in action. Buying demand is increasing in xchange.
Whats happening with yobit xchange? either stop them or make them correct.
Oreios

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 07:13:49 PM

Just an update for everyone. I'm working on getting the seed node back online. I also have quite a bit of GRE up for sale if anyones looking to buy

Ahmed

Hey Ahmed! Good to hear on the update!! I would be interested in your GRE.

Want to talk about it on slack?
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2017, 07:34:35 PM

Nice to see Ahmed and chris back in action. Buying demand is increasing in xchange.
Whats happening with yobit xchange? either stop them or make them correct.

I've put in several requests to Yobit to update their GRE client but they go unanswered....Yobit just sucks, that's all.  I don't think they maintain their servers because I have several other running clients with working networks and the Yobit wallets remain in "maintenance mode."
Marcboy123

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 11:14:38 AM

hello can you create a slack community of this coin please.
GreenSalsa

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 01:26:14 AM

Bounty Time: Any new solar producer = 0.01 BTC!

New Producer 1: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]
New Producer 2: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]
New Producer 3: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]
New Producer 4: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]
New Producer 5: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]
New Producer 6: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]
New Producer 7: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]
New Producer 8: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]
New Producer 9: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]
New Producer 10: 0.01 BTC txid: [Claim Open]

Refer a sign up now and claim the bounty to replying in here.

Note that a producer must sign up, be verified, and begin receiving greencoins in order to qualify. Bounties will be sent after the first daily payout to the referred signup.

I hope you paid yourself on my "bounty"!  I appreciate all your work and updates.
fia_naila

Activity: 770
Merit: 258

The Standart Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 01:59:54 AM

interest or just pump by community ?

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
TheStandard.io█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
allcoinminer

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 05:10:00 AM

I will try to inform about the bounty to solar producers.
Bounty is active now?
biodieselchris (OP)

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 05:32:49 AM

I will try to inform about the bounty to solar producers.
Bounty is active now?

yes, it is, there are 4-5 left. I owe a few in arrears, but I can go beyond ten so don't worry about that.

biodieselchris (OP)

CoinQuacker

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 05:40:37 AM

interest or just pump by community ?

it's always hard to say though I think there is certainly some legitimate interest in the project, IMHO.

I'm attending the Climate Reality Leadership conference (Al Gore's non-profit) and it is very compelling. I've been receiving quite a bit of interest in the GreenCoin project when I discuss it with other attendees. I also feel a two-fold undertow is afoot as follows:
1) I'm sensing significant urgency in the climate space because we are behind the 8-ball on solutions as the problems (and their associated costs) continue to accelerate, and
2) there's more generic awareness among the typically-non-crypto educated crowd due to the recent run up in bitcoin, ethereum and shitcoins altcoins. It hasn't gone "mainstream" yet, but it's getting closer.

Just my two-cents.

Also, update wise, the dev is back on the case with the web portal update, which is now critical given the old web database issues. I'll advise further on the timeline when I hear back.

GreenSalsa

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 10:39:55 AM

it's always hard to say though I think there is certainly some legitimate interest in the project, IMHO.

I'm attending the Climate Reality Leadership conference (Al Gore's non-profit) and it is very compelling. I've been receiving quite a bit of interest in the GreenCoin project when I discuss it with other attendees. I also feel a two-fold undertow is afoot as follows:
1) I'm sensing significant urgency in the climate space because we are behind the 8-ball on solutions as the problems (and their associated costs) continue to accelerate, and
2) there's more generic awareness among the typically-non-crypto educated crowd due to the recent run up in bitcoin, ethereum and shitcoins altcoins. It hasn't gone "mainstream" yet, but it's getting closer.

Just my two-cents.

Also, update wise, the dev is back on the case with the web portal update, which is now critical given the old web database issues. I'll advise further on the timeline when I hear back.

Really would like to hear your insights to this when you return (if you don't mind).
UnityGreen

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 11:33:45 AM

Hello Everyone,

We have abandoned the GREV2 symbol and reverted back to the original GRE symbol.

Here are some reasons as to why we changed.
  • Wallet uses the GRE symbol
  • GREV2 makes it sound like this is the second iteration of the coin thus losing credibility (because it's untrue)
  • This ANN page also calls for GRE attention
  • The symbol can be updated at the current exchange (Yobit still uses GRE)

We can now start working towards a strong GRE symbol that will be used all over
GreenSalsa

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 11:37:45 AM

Thanks for the update!
ncsupanda
Legendary

Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 02:44:19 PM

Hello Everyone,

We have abandoned the GREV2 symbol and reverted back to the original GRE symbol.

Here are some reasons as to why we changed.
  • Wallet uses the GRE symbol
  • GREV2 makes it sound like this is the second iteration of the coin thus losing credibility (because it's untrue)
  • This ANN page also calls for GRE attention
  • The symbol can be updated at the current exchange (Yobit still uses GRE)

We can now start working towards a strong GRE symbol that will be used all over

Will the github follow the same practice? (staying as just greencoin, not v2?).
This might help for anyone looking at the source code to provide support.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: