Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:36:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The truth about the Bitcoin Foundation  (Read 2900 times)
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 02:25:49 PM

Janess is just trying to print his way into control of the company

where is the profit coming from ?

he is going to buy them with premined fiat

that not many people are recognizing anymore other than a

means to and end before Crypto takes over

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 02:34:32 PM

So many words, so little understanding.

words spoken by a true bitcoin foundation life member in it for the fiat

example even from just your last post ; "k, I didn't get rich arguing about bitcoin. I got here understanding it."

so I ask you whats the point of being a alternative to the greedy bankers controlled fiat, if those in control of bitcoin are the new greedy bankers?
Well that was in response to a claim that credit cards are cheaper than BTC. But anyway, I have no problem with the greed of banks, I expect it. The problem is that they have gamed the monetary system to keep the poor poor and the rich rich. The levers of supply and their control over the movement of money are things not possible with bitcoin. To me, bitcoin is just fair money and greed is a basic human behavior. The two are not related.  

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 02:44:46 PM

The levers of supply and their control over the movement of money are things not possible with bitcoin.

sure their not? as we speak bitcoin powers to be are trying to hold a monopoly over cryptocurrency, under the guise of alts being a distraction from the main game  Shocked sidechains and the like  Roll Eyes

bankers and their monopolies  Lips sealed
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 03:05:31 PM

Bitcoin Foundation Divided Over Controversial Restructuring Proposal

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-foundation-funds-board-divided/

abyrnes81

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 03:06:45 PM

Bitcoin Foundation Divided Over Controversial Restructuring Proposal

http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-foundation-funds-board-divided/

I think we don't need a centralized organization for the bitcoin.

Secretary work?

Lindsay WAS the Foundation at the beginning, and did EVERYTHING (including single-handedly organizing the San Jose conference).

She, like me, got a huge salary boost because the Foundation's original policy was to set the exchange rate for paying salaries once per quarter. That policy changed pretty quickly (neither Lindsay or I had any influence on our own salaries or the policies for how they were paid) to "use the CoinDesk price index on payday."

You have to remember that even simple things like "which exchange rate should be used to pay employees" didn't have simple answers back then (nobody had created a cross-exchange, volume-weighted price index).

I believe she left the Foundation partly because of annoying misogynistic Internet trolls like the ones found in this very thread....
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 03:11:46 PM

Please add names and dates if your going to start posting who leaves and when cause we all know about the history of the place, and their could be hundreds of different reasons depending on when they either joined or left

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 03:23:31 PM

The levers of supply and their control over the movement of money are things not possible with bitcoin.

sure their not? as we speak bitcoin powers to be are trying to hold a monopoly over cryptocurrency, under the guise of alts being a distraction from the main game  Shocked sidechains and the like  Roll Eyes

bankers and their monopolies  Lips sealed
I know what you mean, but I must go along with their games for me to be duped. With fiat you can be ripped off in broad daylight and there is nothing you can do about it. My friends in the banking space tell me that they no longer laugh at bitcoin. It is starting to be recognized as a real threat. There will a response, perhaps some kind of campaign to paint crypto as dangerous and credit card companies as your friend.

Bottom line is that banks compete with you for bitcoins and can't stop you from using them. It's the first time they have had to face the specter of people engaged in commerce without their approval. More importantly, without them receiving a cut.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 04:49:08 PM

They had Mark Karpeles as a member of the original foundation  apparently, it's going to be a hard work for them to regain credibility.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2015, 08:11:31 PM

Pretty sure people have caught on to credit cards being terrible. They just haven't been presented a solution well enough, yet

Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 10:07:51 PM

Imagine what shape the TBF would be in if KnC didn't send them $100K USD to become a platinum member prior to the previous election. Can't wait to see the tax form for 2014 in the coming days. I have a hunch!
bobcaticus

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 10:34:57 PM

I was there full time for about 3 months.  Let go conveniently right after my pre-approved honeymoon.

I find it very interesting how hard the Bitcoin Foundation is trying to cover up ex-employees statements, like myself.  What are you hiding?

I can easily tell you how much they look down and mock people like Andreas, who single-handedly does more than the BTCF ever has done.

I had to explain to my old boss, how Bitcoin worked.  He had no idea.  He was just a sales guy who wanted numbers.  They all wanted numbers.

The Affiliate Program was nothing more than a front to get more money.  Some chapters had to give 50% - 80% of their new memberships to the Foundation.  We offered nothing in return, except the logo.  Some chapters didn't even have bitcoin foundation members, and one didn't even have any Bitcoin at all.  Just a publicity stunt fronted by the all-mighty directors.
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 10:49:59 PM

Nothing says "Bitcoin is a-ok and here to stay" to the general public like a mismanaged namesake foundation that is out of money.
¡ndustrialcoinmagic

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 01:40:32 AM

I think this has been the best post ever made about the bitcoin foundation, seen how everything in that foundation is just going wrong.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 02:18:08 AM

seems modern people (especially US citizens) are so ingrained with having controlling bodies they can't deal with not having one.
zyzzbrah

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 11:48:25 AM

Bitcoin is the invent of the century, but the Bitcoin Foundation is Questionable.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 10:13:01 PM

FYI: If you Google "bitcoin is out of money", you get an interesting mix of results.
https://www.google.com/search?q=bitcoin+is+out+of+money&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: