Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:56:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: *RED FLAG* Intersango  (Read 4905 times)
Creeky (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 08:35:50 PM

Just to report guys that a week or so ago I was recommended intersango.com for managing/selling my bitcoins and that I did use them to sell my bitcoins.

I then requested a withdrawal of funds which the following day was marked as "sent". A week later and the funds still had not appeared in my account, at this point I raised a support ticket drawing attention to this and was then told that there had been a delay and that I should hold on. Another week has passed and still no funds.

I've raised another ticket but don't remain hopeful.

I will keep you guys updated.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 08:41:47 PM

Just to report guys that a week or so ago I was recommended intersango.com for managing/selling my bitcoins and that I did use them to sell my bitcoins.

I then requested a withdrawal of funds which the following day was marked as "sent". A week later and the funds still had not appeared in my account, at this point I raised a support ticket drawing attention to this and was then told that there had been a delay and that I should hold on. Another week has passed and still no funds.

I've raised another ticket but don't remain hopeful.

I will keep you guys updated.

While we were previously under the impression that the problems we were having with Metro bank were due to a technical issue on their end (as this has happened before), we have been told that our account activity is being reviewed and that we must be patient during this process. We have faith that our contact at Metro bank will properly investigate the matter. They have indicated that they do not require information from us at this time. The resolution time we were given was around 1 week, however this is just an approximation.

https://support.intersango.com/

Patrick is active in the Intersango thread in the Trading forum if you want more information.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
kiba
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 08:45:34 PM

Don't exchanges get their bank accounts frozen all the time every two weeks?

unclemantis

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

(:firstbits => "1mantis")

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 09:08:20 PM

Buy bitcoins, don't sell them Smiley

PHP, Ruby, Rails, ASP, JavaScript, SQL
20+ years experience w/ Internet Technologies
Bitcoin OTC | GPG Public Key                                                                               thoughts?
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 09:22:35 PM

Buy bitcoins, don't sell them Smiley

Yep.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
2weiX
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005

this space intentionally left blank

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 10:35:57 AM

Buy them from me!
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2012, 07:20:44 PM

Thank reporting this.

I don't think there can be more red a flag sticked to Intersango than their current Bitcoinica flag.
Creeky (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 03:14:46 PM

Hi Guys,

I'm going to bring this thread back to life to inform all that intersango completely ignored all my tickets with regards to why they haven't transferred the money. The initial replies were "please wait"; now nothing. My losses are limited to £40 so while it is annoying, it's not the end of the world for me.

Of course what they didn't know when replying in a wholly unprofessional manner to my tickets is that being an actuary I work with guys from the FSA on a daily basis. Needless to say I've passed on the info to them and they're going to send the issue up the line. Given the nature of intersango's business and their apparent lack of professionalism I wouldn't be surprised if they are taken down some time soon.

2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 03:27:56 PM

Friend of mine has 15k€ pending for three weeks now.
This is getting to be VERY ugly.
JackH

Activity: 381
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 05:07:43 PM

Really? Now their main business is dying too? I did not expect this from people placed in charge for taking care of the Bitcoin London event. If that will ever happen that is....

<helo> funny that this proposal grows the maximum block size to 8GB, and is seen as a compromise
<helo> oh, you don't like a 20x increase? well how about 8192x increase?
<JackH> lmao
ianspain
Donator

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 05:17:44 PM

i hope nobody gets agro with them at the london conference

BlockChain Capital
Shadow383

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 05:23:35 PM

Indeed, you'd have to be hopelessly naive incredibly optimistic to believe that there'll be no confrontation at that event.
BitcoinINV

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 05:48:33 PM

Indeed, you'd have to be hopelessly naive incredibly optimistic to believe that there'll be no confrontation at that event.

Don't scare them away or you will loose your chance LOL as Peter Griffen would say POW! Right in the Kisser!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2me8x7PLd1k

film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2012, 12:26:22 AM

I figured I'd contribute to this thread to get Intersango to resolve an issue for me.I sold off all my BT at £10.20.The issue is,it was left in limbo as the price rose and then suddenly dropped without me noticing.I really don't understand what can be causing this or whether this is another red flag or not.It's worried me a lot as I could have made nearly £100 from the trade as well.Please sort this out Intersango. Also what's the connection with Bitcoinica and Intersango so I can get up to date with the news (haven't been on here in a while)? Thanks.

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 02:01:03 AM

Also what's the connection with Bitcoinica and Intersango so I can get up to date with the news (haven't been on here in a while)? Thanks.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99222.0

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2012, 02:03:37 AM

Friend of mine has 15k€ pending for three weeks now.
This is getting to be VERY ugly.

ouch.

JackH

Activity: 381
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 11:25:22 AM

This topic has more and more implications. The situation as far as we know could be the following:

1) Bitcoinica goes bust
2) Intersango money used to cover up Bitcoinica in desperation
3) The desperation grows and money from the event in London are used to cover up Intersango

Now this could all be 100% wrong, but since 1 has failed, and 2 seems to be failing, we could be reaching 3 soon.

So guys from Intersango, a bit clean up please?

<helo> funny that this proposal grows the maximum block size to 8GB, and is seen as a compromise
<helo> oh, you don't like a 20x increase? well how about 8192x increase?
<JackH> lmao
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 05:44:05 AM

I'm moving this to the Scam Accusations as I believe this belongs there now.   
2weiX
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2012, 11:40:05 AM

I'm moving this to the Scam Accusations as I believe this belongs there now.   

IMPLICATIONS by the pound
film2240
Legendary

Activity: 1022

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2012, 10:38:08 PM

Another issue I noticed that I'm concerned about is the fact that a withdrawal I made over 2 weeks ago has yet to be processed.For the amount of £72.65.Support has responded but I've yet to recieve my money.Does anyone know how to contact trading standards and FSA (financial services authority-covers mostly banks but does cover other stuff) in UK?Any help would be appreciated.Thanks Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: