Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:07:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [3.0 BTC (5.5 BTC) BOUNTY] Logo Design Contest: Fennec Internet Services  (Read 2874 times)
Luceo (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
July 26, 2012, 11:51:46 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2012, 09:23:10 PM by Luceo

One and all,

To enter, post your designs on the RUGATU thread here: http://www.rugatu.com/questions/2327/logo-design-contest-fennec-internet-services - By using RUGATU, we guarantee that at least 3.0 BTC *will* be paid to somebody on or before 11th August 2012.

Fennec Internet Services is a new start-up which will be offering the following services for Bitcoin, Litecoin, Namecoin and Solidcoin:

• Xen PV VPS with Linux OS's (others upon request)
  • Dedicated Servers
  • Domain Registration INCLUDING .bit Domains

I've come here to seek the best logo the Bitcoin community can offer, and I'm starting the offering at 5.5 BTC*. If there are some great designs, we may tip individuals to encourage refinement or add to the bounty.

There is no guarantee that the winner's logo will be used, but the winner will get 3.0 BTC and will be chosen on or before Saturday 11th August 2012.

* The bounty is 3.0 BTC but if the winner's logo is used, (s)he will receive AT LEAST an extra 2.5 BTC via the tip mechanism. Therefore, the offer is 3.0 BTC if we don't use your logo and 5.5 BTC if we do.

A fennec is a type of fox, and our mascot is a yet-to-be-named anthropomorphic fennec character. Building something related to this (a silhouette, paw-print or similar) will be looked upon favorably.

Picture of mascot as a lawyer
Picture of mascot working in a datacenter

These images will be used on the background of the site (along with others) with content on top of it (in a floating semi-transparent div). Therefore, these logos should look good in the top left or top right of these images. Showing this in your designs will be looked upon favorably.

Our idea is a chunky font, something friendly and homely, all lowercase. Do something playful.

By entering, you agree that:
  • You have no right to re-sell the design to another company, nor anything based on it.
  • If you win, you grant Fennec Internet Services exclusive rights to use the logo in a commercial capacity in any way it wishes. You revoke any such right to do so yourself, though you may use it on portfolio pages as an example of your work.

To enter, post your designs on the RUGATU thread here: http://www.rugatu.com/questions/2327/logo-design-contest-fennec-internet-services - By using RUGATU, we guarantee that at least 3.0 BTC *will* be paid to somebody on or before 11th August 2012.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mushroomized
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

Hello!

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 02:08:18 AM

2.5 is too low, and why is it on Rugatu

That fox is giving me the creeps too.

If you have someone to draw a fox and server room, why do you need someone to make a logo just wondering..

hi
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 02:39:22 AM

2.5 is too low, and why is it on Rugatu

That fox is giving me the creeps too.

If you have someone to draw a fox and server room, why do you need someone to make a logo just wondering..
This.
That fox is seriously bugging me now - it's so alien-like that I just want to get away from it. Why use Rugatu for this? Huh
Luceo (OP)

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 05:59:34 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2012, 06:33:11 AM by Luceo

If you had read the thread you'd see that it's 5 BTC (around $45 at today's prices) if someone actually produces something we want to use, not 2.5, and that it can be upped further if there's some progress.

The 2.5 is just a guaranteed minimum so we don't just walk away and leave people with nothing if there's no logo that outright 'wins' and becomes our choice. There's no guarantee that anyone's going to produce a production quality logo and the decision not to throw 5 BTC or more into the pot right away reflects that. Contrast this with the number of contests on this forum where nobody gets paid because the holder either decides nobody wins, or gets bored/forgets and ignores all the entries.

Rugatus mods are not going to choose a winner. I've set a clear timeline for the question and I expect and trust Rugatu to honor that. If I'm wrong, and they choose a winner I don't agree with, I will pay the winner I choose with my own seperate funds via the tip function.

Entering here, you have:

• A guarantee that even if nobody produces a logo that ends up in production use, somebody will get some BTC.
  • A deadline for payout which means that the contest is not perpetual and will end.
  • A member who is active here and on IRC, who is trying to start a business, who's not going to break a promise posted on the forum for the sake of retaining 2.5 or 5 BTC.

So, do what you feel best with, but anybody who does produce a production-quality logo which ends up in production use will get a minimum of 5 BTC. There will also be tips for notable entries or anything that influences the final design. Rugatu allows for this quickly and easily.

Luceo (OP)

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 09:25:31 PM

Thanks to Paraipan for adding 0.5 BTC to the reward. ^^ <3 Rugatu.

Luceo (OP)

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 09:49:09 PM

you do know 5btc is too low for graphics, high quality graphics are like 15-25 btcs LOL research is key when you are putting up bounties
and i just saw the graphics OMG LMAO noobies all just typeface changes no creativeness js

If you don't want to enter, don't enter. Thanks for the bump though. Smiley

Mushroomized
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 11:28:15 PM

I can't wait to see what noob gets scammed from you two, you can sticky this no high quality designer will actually take time to make something. Paint is so high quality LOL

So, the tools are what makes the high quality designers? Right...

I wonder what Picasso used... Roll Eyes
adobe illustrator

hi
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

Activity: 1358

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 11:30:06 PM

I can't wait to see what noob gets scammed from you two, you can sticky this no high quality designer will actually take time to make something. Paint is so high quality LOL

adobe illustrator

Had second thoughts and decided not to feed the troll. Thanks for replying so fast Tongue
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 11:30:55 PM

LOL you saw those designs you can't tell me some of those took like 5mins and look like a 4yr did them COME ON, I am just saying at that price point no HQ designer will come and do work for that I know, my designer friend wouldn't even open up photoshop and plug in his Wacom tablet for less than 15btcs.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 11:38:53 PM

LOL you saw those designs you can't tell me some of those took like 5mins and look like a 4yr did them COME ON, I am just saying at that price point no HQ designer will come and do work for that I know, my designer friend wouldn't even open up photoshop and plug in his Wacom tablet for less than 15btcs.

Good, then you don't need to tell him about the bounty.
Problem solved.
Mushroomized
Legendary

Hello!

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 11:54:32 PM

adobe illustrator

Had second thoughts and decided not to feed the troll. Thanks for replying so fast Tongue
I was just kidding, but I'm not sure why people are still arguing here. Some one will do it, but personally I think its a bit low, and the whole furry-anthro-fox stuff is weird and hard to work with. Why don't you just use the foxes head as the logo?

hi
Luceo (OP)

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
July 27, 2012, 11:56:36 PM

Have already paid out 0.7 BTC without having a winner on day 1, so that takes the total potential payout to 6.2 BTC (around $54) so far. Keep it coming. ^^

nimda

Activity: 784

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 12:16:29 AM

the whole furry-anthro-fox stuff is weird
Yeah, is it naked in that datacenter? I don't think many of your customers "roll that way" Lips sealed
Luceo (OP)

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 12:27:00 AM

Yeah, is it naked in that datacenter? I don't think many of your customers "roll that way" Lips sealed

Does it look naked? Is this a serious discussion?

I can get the artist to change the color of the pants if that's likely to be a concern. o.O

nimda

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 12:39:53 AM

I can get the artist to change the color of the pants if that's likely to be a concern. o.O
I'm entirely serious. The ends of the arms are the same color as the pants, and the waist is covered by the server/laptop/whatever, so at first glance I thought that the pants were its legs.
Raoul Duke
aka psy
Legendary

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 12:42:09 AM

I'm entirely serious. The ends of the arms are the same color as the pants, and the waist is covered by the server/laptop/whatever, so at first glance I thought that the pants were its legs.

Dude, it's a fox. Don't be a furry-perv, all excited for seeing a naked(?) fox. They aren't supposed to wear clothes, anyway. Wink
nimda

0xFB0D8D1534241423

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 12:46:51 AM
Last edit: July 28, 2012, 02:15:43 AM by nimda

Like I said, I don't roll that way. But I've seen that shit before; it's become more popular (ew -- why??), and it's better safe than sorry.

Really, the fox's skin/fur/stuff is A7B8C1, and the pants are 9FB48D. That's a difference of 8 red, 4 green, and 0x34 blue. Very close shades. If it won't wear pants, why a shirt?
Luceo (OP)

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 01:23:16 AM

Actually looking at it I agree with you. And whilst I agree with Psy that foxes don't have to wear clothes, it makes no sense for him to have a shirt on and (seemingly) no pants.

Just didn't occur to me before, I didn't specify the color of the clothes in the request to the artist.

Will get that changed. Good spot.

Luceo (OP)

Per aspera ad astra!

View Profile
August 13, 2012, 07:43:17 AM

And the winner is jpfez!

This contest paid out 5.5 BTC to the winner, 1 BTC to the runner up and 2 BTC in tips for a total of 8.5 BTC or ~$90.

Thanks to everyone for entering and look out for more from Fennec Internet Services.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: