Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:07:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: COMPLETELY NEW to Bitcoin  (Read 1433 times)
mariokiller64 (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 04:25:10 AM

Alright, well, I heard about bitcoin from an anonymous friend of mine and I decided to try it out...so far I mined for about 20 hours and got 0.12 bitpennies.  I thought not to bad, I wish I could do better though, but my graphics card is a GTX 460 and I heard the ATI cards are recommended for this kind of stuff.  Anyways, I'm totally new to all this bitcoin stuff, I got a bitcoin address thing, the GPU program, I heard the CPU program isn't recommended because it's much slower and costly.  Can I get some more information on this bitcoin stuff?  How do I buy stuff with it from people?  How do I sell it to people?  Do I wait until my package is recieved, then I send the bitcoins?  Any info would be nice....
Also, how much bitcoins do the ATI 5000 card series cost in bitcoins?  I also heard if you find the right dealer, you can buy some "substances" with your bitcoins, although, I'm not interested in that.  I rather have computer parts IMO (Not a druggy).
How can I fully enhance my bitcoin mining experience?
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PLATO

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

Don't trust "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange"

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 04:49:01 AM

Welcome, check out the newbie thread and the wiki then feel free to ask about anything that's still unclear. If you use IRC join #bitcoin on chat.freenode.net. If you use Twitter follow me as I cross the country spending only Bitcoins, http://twitter.com/therealplato
-PLATO

All posts by me after 2012 were a compromised account. Probably by "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange". SORRY Y'ALL
mariokiller64 (OP)

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 06:14:45 AM

Welcome, check out the newbie thread and the wiki then feel free to ask about anything that's still unclear. If you use IRC join #bitcoin on chat.freenode.net. If you use Twitter follow me as I cross the country spending only Bitcoins, http://twitter.com/therealplato
-PLATO
I've read a lot, up to the whole Wiki introduction and welcoming to a lot of the forum threads.  I'm thinking of selling my GTX 460 for a 5770 to really go into the whole bitcoin process  Grin.  I still don't understand the whole selling and buying process though :\.  Do you think someone would buy my GTX 460 in bitcoins on this forum?   Huh
PLATO

Activity: 493

Don't trust "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange"

View Profile
May 24, 2011, 05:45:19 PM

Maybe - you can make a thread in Marketplace offering it. People will be concerned that you're a scammer since you are unknown, so you may have difficulties. You may have more success using clearcoin.appspot.com to significantly reduce fraud risk.

Most people buy Bitcoins on the Mt. Gox exchange; the problem is getting money into the exchange. You can fund Mt. Gox with Dwolla, or trade directly in #bitcoin-otc or #bitcoin-pit on Freenode. Selling your 460 for bitcoins is a good way to get involved. Again, welcome!

All posts by me after 2012 were a compromised account. Probably by "BBOD The Best Futures Exchange". SORRY Y'ALL
mariokiller64 (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 04:18:12 AM

Maybe - you can make a thread in Marketplace offering it. People will be concerned that you're a scammer since you are unknown, so you may have difficulties. You may have more success using clearcoin.appspot.com to significantly reduce fraud risk.

Most people buy Bitcoins on the Mt. Gox exchange; the problem is getting money into the exchange. You can fund Mt. Gox with Dwolla, or trade directly in #bitcoin-otc or #bitcoin-pit on Freenode. Selling your 460 for bitcoins is a good way to get involved. Again, welcome!
Couldn't they just scam me then?   Undecided
cuddlefish

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 04:26:43 AM

Oh, yes. We're all scammers here.
mariokiller64 (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2011, 04:34:16 AM

Oh, yes. We're all scammers here.
Haha, I'm not saying that.  I just don't feel so comfortable about certain things, but I'm willing to build up a good reputation and be an avid bitcoin user.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: