Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 12:47:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Greece could become crypto-land with a crowdsourced bailout.  (Read 2976 times)
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 05:57:56 AM

goes to show how powerful the bankers are

taxes are insanely high everywhere, and all places you could possibly flee to to void paying ridiculous taxes are pretty much gone.

income taxes up to over 50%, VAT of 21%, not even counting excise and ecology taxes.

not to mention import and export taxes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bigkahuna

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 02:33:10 PM

OROBTC

I understand your point, However, it does not make my idea impossible.

Tell me though, who could stop Russia from becoming an off-shore haven?

I have used Russian banks for years and I trust then. So do millions of others with big money.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
February 05, 2015, 08:10:34 PM

bigkahuna

Yes, of course, nothing is impossible.  But, I like to think in a probabilities, to me seems improbable that Greece would become a money or data haven.

If Russia wanted to become any kind of haven, NO ONE could stop them!  Smiley  But, many big-money Russians have been taking THEIR money out for many years.  Beyond this, I am not really competent to comment, other than Russian culture (love of big .gov among their people) seems to be hostile to personal liberty and people hiding their money.  

I saw at reddit that Russia has recently been cracking-down on BTC sites...

I would not trust my money in either Russia or Greece.

But that is based on my beliefs and experience, limited as my experience is.
scox

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2015, 01:05:56 AM

Great thread, great idea! Keep them flowin'!
Grece has huge crypto potential now that you make me think about it!
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
February 07, 2015, 07:59:13 AM

If Greek leaders would point out the nature of fiat money scam, that will trigger a world wide level of events, however I don't think they have enough knowledge about money creation (judging from their speak, they still think fiat money is something hard earned and valuable)

polynesia
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2015, 11:52:28 AM

We need a small country, with a stable monetary/fiscal policy, where Bitcoin can gradually replace the fiat currency.
Greece is the last country where something like this should be tried.
H.W.Z

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2015, 07:11:36 AM

I have a little doubt at the success of such crowdsourced bailout. The Greece is facing difficulies for many years, whose problem is in the internal and complex economic infrastructure. It is always needing bailout since then, but it will never resolve its problems. Most of us know that it has no potential at all.

grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 02:43:07 AM

And there is this that could help Greece for crowdsourced bitcoins:  http://bravenewcoin.com/news/lighthouse-tackles-decentralized-crowdfunding/

I'm really excited for lighthouse and what they may accomplish for bitcoin and for those in need.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 03:29:03 PM

People is clueless about cryptocurrencies, so how's that gonna happen?
CtrlAltBernanke420 (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 01:55:51 AM

I have a little doubt at the success of such crowdsourced bailout. The Greece is facing difficulies for many years, whose problem is in the internal and complex economic infrastructure. It is always needing bailout since then, but it will never resolve its problems. Most of us know that it has no potential at all.

PArt of the problem with dead global economy is that it was a designed and ultimately a farce, creating things people don't need. The global economy needs to really fuck over a lot of people until real things are produced by a people with pure unfettered freedom… Don't think everything is great in USA either, it starts in Greece works its way through europe eventually arriving on our shores within 2 years… Central banks are going to lose the faith of people of the first worlds.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 01:58:53 PM

PArt of the problem with dead global economy is that it was a designed and ultimately a farce, creating things people don't need. The global economy needs to really fuck over a lot of people until real things are produced by a people with pure unfettered freedom… Don't think everything is great in USA either, it starts in Greece works its way through europe eventually arriving on our shores within 2 years… Central banks are going to lose the faith of people of the first worlds.
So whats the alternative? I dont see bitcoin being an alternative.. how do you regulate it? it needs to be regulated in one or other way to be the official coin of a country.
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 02:52:12 PM

So whats the alternative? I dont see bitcoin being an alternative.. how do you regulate it? it needs to be regulated in one or other way to be the official coin of a country.

Just imagine if they would adopt bitcoin as their national currency this moment; there would be so many theft and scams its beyond scale.
Bitcoin is not ready yet, or to put it more correctly; the laws and regulations surrounding bitcoin are not established.
Dont dream thet anyone is going to adopt bitcoin as a solo alternative, some of them may invest, but thats that.

cheers
NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 04:59:34 PM

It is too dangerous for a state to adopt crypto at the moment.  When Bitstamp goes down, it is annoying for a few days, but life goes on.  If Greece got hacked, then the entire country would grind to a stop!  Some serious firewalls would be needed in advance, as well as simplifying the process for less high tech people.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 05:29:21 PM

They could also issue their own national e-currency while keeping the euro. Something similar to Ecuador maybe.

let's hope they don't issue greece-coin, one of the big scam along with many other country coin
cellard
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 06:59:13 PM

Did anyone post this yet?

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/feb/22/can-a-parallel-digital-currency-solve-the-greek-financial-crisis

I havent seen in posted around here.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 11:33:52 PM

That's plan B. if the Greeks fail to get new financing from the European Central Bank, they will come to this forum, asking everyone to lend them a few BTC. They'll pay back after they will have paid back both the ECB and the IMF, in about 350 years.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 09:15:27 PM

LOL and touche' countryfree!  I think you have that about right.

But, I think that Greece adopting Bitcoin is just an academic-only topic: ain't gonna happen.

If anything, it would not surprise me if the neo-Marxists there to eventually crack down on Bitcoin, no revenue for the state, etc...  Bolivia, Ecuador and Venezuela seem to show the future of a "free currency" in distressed (Marxist) countries.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: