Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:35:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: List of court cases, complaints, regulatory actions, etc.  (Read 195245 times)
Colorblind

Activity: 392
Merit: 41

This text is irrelevant

View Profile
December 04, 2017, 05:50:34 AM

нy нe знaю

What is this? A place to boost newbie accounts? I would prefer actual answer tbh...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 11, 2017, 12:06:34 PM

I am not very much scared about taxing Cryptocurrencies, what I'm really scared is shutting them down as in China recently happened...
Dont be afraid when the government wants to turn off bitcoin as it happens in china. Actually, the government can never really close the bitcoin. Maybe to close some minning sites, the fauchet can. But can the government close the btc wallet account we have? Can't. As long as our btc wallet account is still active, we can still bitcoin transactions worldwide, because bitcoin transactions are not through the bank.
SaveUNICOINs $UCN

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2017, 06:03:44 PM

IMHO, if we want cryptocurrencies to succeed, we should start paying for "crypto-lobbyists", who influence decision making processes.
what do you think of this idea? (ofc, we would need to pay for lobbyists in Washington DC, Brussels, etc).
manoj kumar k

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 10:03:19 AM

September 6, 2012

BitFloor files complaint with FBI and Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).

Abstract: BitFloor suffered a security breach/hack in which about 24,000 BTC were stolen after access by the hacker was obtained to an unencrypted backup copy of the private keys hosted on BitFloor’s systems.  The exchange is essentially insolvent as a result and remains shuttered, except for facilitating withdrawals for the funds that weren’t stolen — the U.S. dollar balances, none of which were impacted as a result of the security breach.
sa1231

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 07:38:27 PM

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-future-of-bitcoin-all-about-my-coin-book#/

This guy say he is the founder. ( What is this "MY coin" ). What do you think? Its a scam or not?
ICOgenius

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 13, 2018, 11:04:38 PM

[Update Feb 19, 2014:

This thread is no longer being updated all that much. As Bitcoin further permeates the world, most every nation (or state, etc.) will have content specific to that jurisdiction's involvement with Bitcoin.   Feel free to continue posting as you wish, but this thread will no longer be even close to being a comprehensive list as it had been for a period of time.

Other resources:

- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country [Added Sep 3, 2015]
 - http://coincenter.org/2015/06/tracking-bitcoin-regulation-state-by-state [Added Sep 3, 2015]
 - http://www.coindesk.com/regulation [Added Sep 3, 2015]
 - http://merkletree.io (formerly bitlegal.io I think)  [Added Sep 7, 2015]
 - http://www.cryptocoinlaw.net
 - http://twitter.com/virtuallylaw
 - http://BitcoinFoundation.org
 - http://coindesk.com
 - http://datauthority.org (info: http://coindesk.com/bitcoin-industry-leaders-launch-data-a-self-regulatory-body)
 - http://bitcoinfinancialassociation.org
 - http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Compilation_of_legal_and_regulatory_information
]

This list is to serve as an index to all the events in which Bitcoin-related topics interact with the courts, police, regulators, etc.

This is similar to how the NEW Articles in the Press Forum thread serves as an index to media mentions.

Topics related to regulations, taxes, etc. are also cataloged in a Bitcoin.it Wiki article:

Compilation of legal and regulatory information
 - http://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Compilation_of_legal_and_regulatory_information

I'm hoping for this thread to remain an index, mostly with just a brief summation and then links towards other threads and external sources -- rather than be where discussion for each index entry occurs.   If an entry is made, feel free to reply with a link to a relevant thread where further discussion occurs or to other related content.

Patented  https://www.google.com/patents/WO2017091530A1?cl=en
btc.fanda

Activity: 100
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:40:06 PM

Very Informative Post and got some new information to read this
vasiliy_pupkin

Activity: 294
Merit: 6

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 05:21:28 AM

IMHO, if we want cryptocurrencies to succeed, we should start paying for "crypto-lobbyists", who influence decision making processes.
what do you think of this idea? (ofc, we would need to pay for lobbyists in Washington DC, Brussels, etc).
the idea is good! but the community as well as BTC is decentralized. I'm not sure that we can organize lobbyists. Unfortunately every man for himself will fight to the fist high-profile incident.
kaliukvictoriya42

Activity: 65

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 06:23:59 PM

An interesting read about Bitcoin & legislation..
Wheelige

Activity: 238
Merit: 68

Do good things

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:44:54 AM

I have a feeling threads like this will be becoming more popular this year as regulators are looking more carefully at ICOs and are willing to step in and take action where they think they have jurisdiction. Markets like Korea or China where they have simply banned ICOs make for uninteresting reading as there is no well explained policy reasons or abilities to make determinations on grey areas. I think that securities regulators and tax authorities who take an active interest and do not apply a blanket approach will make for very intellectual discussions.

║║║║║║║║█║███║███║███║█║█║█║║███║█║█║║██    POPULOUS WORLD'S [GOLD POKEN]
║║║║║║║║█║███║█║█║███║█║█║█║║█║█║█║█║║█      GOLD BACKED ERC1155 TOKEN | RECEIVE 9% DISCOUNT | BUY NOW
║║║║║║║║█║█║║║███║█║║║███║██║███║███║██      HOMEPAGE | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | LINKEDIN | SLACK | GITHUB | YOUTUBE
mishrakjr

Activity: 39

View Profile
February 08, 2018, 09:47:06 AM

i i have question as per the scenario  in present condition of bitcoin can it legally  acclaimed  by all country  or not if not then how the bitcoin excit in world wide
Crypto_Expert18

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:19:11 AM

Update - India might not ban bitcoin but instead levy heavy taxes on it.
rio_agung79

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 04:43:35 AM

Hi

just upate in Indonesia, the regulation declares for concerning banning of bitcoin, will merely cover all forms of transactions using bitcoin, as a means of payment
mitha rosdiana

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:53:51 AM

I have a feeling threads like this will be becoming more popular this year as regulators are looking more carefully at ICOs and are willing to step in and take action where they think they have jurisdiction. Markets like Korea or China where they have simply banned ICOs make for uninteresting reading as there is no well explained policy reasons or abilities to make determinations on grey areas. I think that securities regulators and tax authorities who take an active interest and do not apply a blanket approach will make for very intellectual discussions.
yuraayura

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:36:38 AM

why update too many posts to cover page 1 and 2, but this info is very good and useful, I really like and interested. just like this  Wink keep going ! Regrads
hacekd

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:55:13 AM

Bitcoin technology based on blockchain technology provides an attractive option for cybercriminals. With the operation of Bitcoin as a decentralized currency, people can make transactions without the presence of intermediaries such as banks or other financial institutions. This lack of intermediaries makes Bitcoin users gain anonymity and an impenetrable level of confidentiality from third-party interference.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
OpenPoll
Copper Member

Activity: 44

View Profile WWW
March 16, 2018, 03:53:50 AM

Abstract: BitFloor suffered a security breach/hack in which about 24,000 BTC were stolen after access by the hacker was obtained to an unencrypted backup copy of the private keys hosted on BitFloor’s systems.  The exchange is essentially insolvent as a result and remains shuttered, except for facilitating withdrawals for the funds that weren’t stolen — the U.S. dollar balances, none of which were impacted as a result of the security breach.

I think it's disgusting the amount of exchanges and startups that have poor amounts of security for their digital assets. In traditional companies, there is very little someone can do to steal everything in seconds- however, obviously, crypto completely changes that. You'd think that anyone developing an exchange of value would invest considerable effort into protecting funds, but clearly they do not.
MuxeProject
Copper Member

Activity: 126

MUXE - Real Estate Assets Platform

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 01:59:16 AM

I think it's disgusting the amount of exchanges and startups that have poor amounts of security for their digital assets. In traditional companies, there is very little someone can do to steal everything in seconds- however, obviously, crypto completely changes that. You'd think that anyone developing an exchange of value would invest considerable effort into protecting funds, but clearly they do not.

Agreed, I believe that something that needs to be done within exchanges would be a segregation of duties system. Whereas the hackers would have to penetrate many complex layers within the organization in order to steal funds. As it is now you take the funds and simply send it to your wallet. What exchanges should do IMO is make it so that there are 3-6 layers of authorizes on different teams in order to prevent fraud. Wondering if that could be built into the system itself for exchanges where the stakes are much higher than for the retail investor.   

Join the discussion about Blockchain & Real Estate! | MUXE - innovative platform for all real estate needs | www.muxe.io
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:57:10 PM

Abstract: BitFloor suffered a security breach/hack in which about 24,000 BTC were stolen after access by the hacker was obtained to an unencrypted backup copy of the private keys hosted on BitFloor’s systems.  The exchange is essentially insolvent as a result and remains shuttered, except for facilitating withdrawals for the funds that weren’t stolen — the U.S. dollar balances, none of which were impacted as a result of the security breach.
Agreed. This is the #1 reason that governments not only are beginning to but MUST regulate the exchanges and ICO (startups) releases!
Regulation will force the exchanges to implement at least baseline security standards and financial solvency/reporting requirements for startups looking to use ICO's for their financing. Right now for the most part the crypto-coin world is the Wild West where anything goes with ZERO consumer protections.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
AWESUMGOD

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:11:02 PM

Due to the bridge of security and it's lapses the government of some countries with detail knowledge of cyber crime has not been in agreement with its security checks and hence do not support it's policies and benefit even if the benefits out weighs the cyber evil. My take on the issue is that more appropriate measures be taken to make the blockchain technology a safer environment.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: