Bitcoin Forum
September 21, 2018, 10:36:37 PM *
News: ♦♦ New info! Bitcoin Core users absolutely must upgrade to previously-announced 0.16.3 [Torrent]. All Bitcoin users should temporarily trust confirmations slightly less. More info.

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Covert Mining in "Ant Hole"  (Read 4372 times)
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 06:17:43 PM

Haha. Probably gonna get discovered and fired soon. In any case, good luck!

Could be pretty hard / impossible to prove it was him.

Unless he is the only bitcoiner in the office and goes on about bitcoin than gg.

Here in the US, the bar for firing somebody is pretty low. Proof generally isn't required. Plan on losing your mining hardware as well, unless you want to claim it, then it's owner is no longer in doubt, is it? In many companies office supply "theft" is better tolerated at a small scan than Bitcoin mining.

Well OBVIOUSLY if he claimed the hardware was his they'd know it was him..........................................................  why in the shits would someone do that.. That comment I.. *shakes head*

If no one in his office knows he is into bitcoin how would one think it was him?

He is taking a risk..

Free power with the risk of losing your hardware.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mrkubanftw

Activity: 377
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 06:43:51 PM

Haha. Probably gonna get discovered and fired soon. In any case, good luck!

Could be pretty hard / impossible to prove it was him.

Unless he is the only bitcoiner in the office and goes on about bitcoin than gg.

Here in the US, the bar for firing somebody is pretty low. Proof generally isn't required. Plan on losing your mining hardware as well, unless you want to claim it, then it's owner is no longer in doubt, is it? In many companies office supply "theft" is better tolerated at a small scan than Bitcoin mining.

Well OBVIOUSLY if he claimed the hardware was his they'd know it was him..........................................................  why in the shits would someone do that.. That comment I..

If no one in his office knows he is into bitcoin how would one think it was him?

He is taking a risk..

Free power with the risk of losing your hardware.

Some of these comments are cancer. Really some of you need better things to do with your time then to come in and bash a thread like this. I also have pondered this as it is the like major gating factor in profits for mining (*shakes head* Idiots). Iv'e also come up with a grey area legal method of tricking out a meter from not recording a defined circuit.
hodedowe

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 07:30:17 PM

I'm posting this with an anonymous username 'just in case'

Basically, I crawled into the crawlspace at work, ran some ethernet cabling down there, and now have 2 antminer s3s and a sp20 jackson running in a secret underground bitcoin mine.  I even wore a flashlight hat when I went down...

Hopefully the dusty crawlspace doesn't choke them out...

I say go for it. Don't claim they're yours and keep your mouth shut about BTC in general. See if they get to "work" there longer than you do. If you retire at 65 and they're still humming, well good job Smiley Transfer ownership to your kids.

If they get busted then kudos for the IT team for doing their job. Just frown and tsk tsk as they carry them out, and mutter something about scum drinking from the company pot, then get back to your job like nothing happened.

Solo mining is alive and profitable!
Helped? Thanks! 1CXRFh4bDVFBsUzoHMMDbTMPcBP14RUTus
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 09:43:05 PM

Some of these comments are cancer. Really some of you need better things to do with your time then to come in and bash a thread like this. I also have pondered this as it is the like major gating factor in profits for mining (*shakes head* Idiots). Iv'e also come up with a grey area legal method of tricking out a meter from not recording a defined circuit.

I guess I don't really know how to respond. Folks come to these forums all the time with claims of "free electricity", with dreams of riches in their head. I just wanted to make sure the original poster was aware of the risks associated with this. If that's "cancer", then I will happily move along and never comment here again.

Sorry to have clouded things here with a dose of reality.
hodedowe

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 10:04:36 PM

I guess I don't really know how to respond. Folks come to these forums all the time with claims of "free electricity", with dreams of riches in their head. I just wanted to make sure the original poster was aware of the risks associated with this. If that's "cancer", then I will happily move along and never comment here again.

All you said is that he could be fired if caught. I'm don't think anyone thought you were calling him a douchebag or anything similar. Just facts. He's probably aware of it too. I think the cancer post was directed to others.

mrkubanftw

Activity: 377
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 11:56:04 AM

Well that's all well and good if you wish to have the appearance of a parent pointing a finger at a child and scolding them. I read the OP as he probably understood all those risks BEFORE he took the action of setting it up. Since its already set up , we would have to assume he's done that due duty no?

In any case. I DO know how to get free electricity. Its grey area not really illegal. PM me if anyone's interested.
MCHouston

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Where am I?

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 09:17:47 PM

I must say I am sad they never posted pics of the Antminer in a crawl space.  I really wanted to see it.

BTC 13WWomzkAoUsXtxANN9f1zRzKusgFWpngJ
LTC LKXYdqRzRC8WciNDtiRwCeb8tZtioZA2Ks
DOGE DMsTJidwkkv2nL7KwwkBbVPfjt3MhS4TZ9
hodedowe

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 12:34:38 AM

I must say I am sad they never posted pics of the Antminer in a crawl space.  I really wanted to see it.

Don't feel bad. He sent me a pic of the crawlspace and the miners. I'll share it with you guys

fvineyard

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 04:44:25 AM

LOL, nice pic Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.