Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 01:19:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Archive  (Read 2035 times)
Daruhshie (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 05:41:54 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2016, 09:17:03 PM by Daruhshie

Archive

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
knahrvorn

Activity: 58

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 07:20:46 PM

What you're looking for is probably what is described here:
http://blog.pryds.eu/2014/09/how-to-keep-your-sjcx-in-cold-storage.html (a guide on keeping Counterparty assets in Armory cold storage, using Counterwallet as the online wallet. The guide mentions SJCX, but actually it applies to all Counterparty assets, not just SJCX)

Edit: Oh, I just noticed you were going for multi-sig, so this might not be what you want, after all, sorry.
CircusPeanut

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 09:25:24 PM

It seems like you trying to sign a transaction from another application. Armory does not do that whether it's multi-sig or not.

In the process  of trying to sign this transaction you have stumbled upon Armory's message signing functionality. All that does is sign a message so that you can assert that it came from you since you signed that message with one of your private keys. Rather than signing the Counterwallet transaction,  you are just signing a message that is the serialized transaction.

According to google Armory has been ported to the Counterparty platform. I cannot speak to how that works. You'd need to talk to people familiar with that project.
knahrvorn

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 09:47:40 PM

It seems like you trying to sign a transaction from another application. Armory does not do that whether it's multi-sig or not.

In the process  of trying to sign this transaction you have stumbled upon Armory's message signing functionality. All that does is sign a message so that you can assert that it came from you since you signed that message with one of your private keys. Rather than signing the Counterwallet transaction,  you are just signing a message that is the serialized transaction.

According to google Armory has been ported to the Counterparty platform. I cannot speak to how that works. You'd need to talk to people familiar with that project.

I don't know the tech details of any of this, but I can say that I have successfully signed a transaction on an offline Armory installation, where the transaction was created in Counterwallet and later broadcast by Counterwallet. I am not using any sort of Counterparty port of Armory (if that even exists); only plain vanilla from the Armory website. Whether this process is reached through Counterwallet doing some magic to a signed message which carries a serialized transaction, as you refer to, I wouldn't know.

Oh, and when signing a Counterparty transaction (which is, in essence, as you know, just a bitcoin transaction) I do not choose message signing. I do indeed choose the "Offline Transactions" button, then "Sign Offline Transaction". You can see the complete process of setting this up and doing a (non multi-sig) transaction from a user perspective in the link in my previous post.
CircusPeanut

View Profile
February 15, 2015, 10:03:25 PM

I don't know the tech details of any of this, but I can say that I have successfully signed a transaction on an offline Armory installation, where the transaction was created in Counterwallet and later broadcast by Counterwallet.

I should have just said that Armory does not support signing transaction formats from other applications. Of course, any other application such as Counterwallet can implement Armory's transaction format. So if that's the case, Armory should be able to treat it like signing any other Armory transaction.
knahrvorn

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 05:03:23 PM

I should have just said that Armory does not support signing transaction formats from other applications. Of course, any other application such as Counterwallet can implement Armory's transaction format. So if that's the case, Armory should be able to treat it like signing any other Armory transaction.
And that's what it does, sorry for not realizing that was what you meant :-)
CircusPeanut

View Profile
February 16, 2015, 06:03:46 PM

Must say it is the absolute most secure address I have ever had. Not even I with all keys and combinations am not able to move anything anywhere :-)

It sucks to get bit by your own guard dog.

Good luck accessing your bitcoins.
etotheipi
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1093

Core Armory Developer

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 03:21:51 AM

I know that Counterparty has implemented offline/cold signing for single-signature wallets, compatible with Armory.  Not sure about multi-signature lockboxes.  It wouldn't surprise me if they did.  They seemed pretty excited about Armory interoperability and already integrated Armory's message format. 

However, if it's going to work, you are in the wrong dialog.  This is not a "Message Signing" operation, that's for something else (and not a widely used operation).  You would need to the the "Lockboxes (Multi-Sig)" button on the main window, make sure the 2-of-3 lockbox is loaded into the interface, then select it and click "Review and Sign" at the bottom. 

If you don't know what I'm talking about, then I would guess they are not providing sufficient support for Armory lockbox interop.

Founder and CEO of Armory Technologies, Inc.
Armory Bitcoin Wallet: Bringing cold storage to the average user!
Only use Armory software signed by the Armory Offline Signing Key (0x98832223)

Please donate to the Armory project by clicking here!    (or donate directly via 1QBDLYTDFHHZAABYSKGKPWKLSXZWCCJQBX -- yes, it's a real address!)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: