Print  
Author Topic: delete  (Read 4850 times)
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 12:05:01 PM

For what it's worth there is some recent spike in the BTC hashrate, which could be either huge network variance or a bunch of GPUs going online which in turn could have been used to attempt a 51% attack on LTC.

Or it may simply be BFL single racks with 40gh/s per unit.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sd

Activity: 730
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 01:36:47 PM

But you did know about it from the beginning and it was my idea.

Yes, the PM you sent me is timestamped above. And theymos of any other moderator can confirm this.

Coblee,

Just kill LiteCoin. All you are doing is attracting trolls and get-rich-quick retard scammer types whilst diverting hashing power away from BitCoin. The whole thing is a joke and a pretty harmful one at that.

markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 01:39:53 PM

Yes, the PM you sent me is timestamped above. And theymos of any other moderator can confirm this.

Coblee,

Just kill LiteCoin. All you are doing is attracting trolls and get-rich-quick retard scammer types whilst diverting hashing power away from BitCoin. The whole thing is a joke and a pretty harmful one at that.

Diverting hashing power is a necessary response to bitcoin's thugs who abuse merged mining as a way to attack companion coins instead of support them. Switching to a different hashing schere is a natural defense mechanism against bitcoin's thugs. So blame bitcoiners not altcoiners.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 01:41:58 PM

Coblee,

I award you 1/2 more trollpoint
you have earned a total of 3 1/2 troll points!
Albert

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 02:17:54 PM

Hey, pass me a bit of that neverending popcorn, will ya? Grin
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 02:22:53 PM

Coblee,

Bitcoinica, Mybitcoin etc These are not litecoin related sites. There is value in having a cryptocurrency not under attack from constant hacking incidents.

sd

Activity: 730

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 03:18:53 PM

Bitcoinica, Mybitcoin etc These are not litecoin related sites. There is value in having a cryptocurrency not under attack from constant hacking incidents.

Bitcoinica was hacked because the kid who set it up had no idea how to run a secure internet service. If he ran a forum on comic books instead that would have likely been hacked too.

Mybitcoin was either an inside job or more or less the same as above.

LiteCoin isn't 'not under attack' because it's better, it's identical to BitCoin in every functional way. It's not under attack because there are sites that use BitCoin with equivalent security that it's much more profitable to attack.

LiteCoin has attracted the very worst of the BitCoin crowd, the kind of scum-suckers who threaten 11 year old girls. The experiment should be ended.
bitcoiners

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 03:29:49 PM

LiteCoin has attracted the very worst of the BitCoin crowd, the kind of scum-suckers who threaten 11 year old girls. The experiment should be ended.

First of all I haven't seen proof of that.  Any claim can be made.

Second, LTC isn't going anywhere.  Get used to it.
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 03:40:47 PM

So...let me get this straight...

"FIRE!   BOMB!   MURDER!   MURDERRRRRRRR!!!!"

"Just playin'!"

Roll Eyes

BitcoinEXpress, you fucking attention-seeking dunce.
bitcoiners

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 03:42:59 PM

"FIRE!   BOMB!   MURDER!   MURDERRRRRRRR!!!!"

Yeah, I think someone raped my sofa last night while I was sleeping.  End all sofa sales now!  End sofa rape!
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 03:59:22 PM

Bottom line is, Coblee knew I wasn't really going to attack Litecoin. He knew ahead of time. Just to be clear it was entirely my idea, but he knew.

As bad as I hate to admit Coinhunter was right, some form of 51% attack protection is needed as a hard coded feature. Hashrate alone isn't enough because the nature of humans just suck.

I want to see a scammer tag, You must have wasted ~500h of our time combined.

What is wrong with you ?

Activity: 264

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 04:48:54 PM

Hopefully this shitstorm is over soon.
All you loudmouthed, raging kids are damaging the reputaion of LTC more then BCX ever did or ever intended.

And thats not all. Poeple who really are honest and want to open services for LTC get scared away, because they
dont want to be thrown in one category with the "angry LTC-mob".

There were two different ways poeple dealt with the treat to LTC
One way, and in my opinion an effective way, was to think about what can be done, and organize a defense.
The other way was to cry, make threats of its own, cry a little bit more and evetually escalate the whole situition,
with no real winning side in the end.

Sadly method number two is a lot "louder" in the forum and community, so now everyone thinks the LTC-Community
consists of a bunch of #$%&), while in the Background and a little bit more quiet some guys really worked to
protect LTC.

I'm not saying that i did much. I only organized a little bit more hashpower from friends and family because i dont really
have the knowledge or resources to do much more. But others sure came forward for LTC without damaging its reputation
in the progress.

So just think about what you have really done and read back on the posts you made during the last week. Perhaps some
of you see their mistakes and learn from it.

#237#

Donatioins always welcome Wink
LTC: LL2UDTbQNx9UiP37ZzJ4CLQDWm6JPgZG8t
EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 05:52:02 PM

Link was posted to another thread but this just fits like a hat over BCX bald head:
1. When we look at the common psychology of con men and scam artists, what do we learn?

First and foremost, most career con men are sociopaths. They are self-absorbed and believe that anything they say and do justifies a positive outcome for themselves. They can’t imagine or don’t care about the consequences their actions have for the people they may hurt. They rationalize away any concern that they are harming other people with any number of self-delusional discussions, if they consider the ethical side of their scams at all. What’s good for them is, by definition, what’s good…period....

For more, read this: http://goldengate.bbb.org/article/the-psychology-of-the-scam-34976

Now this fat fuck is backpedaling like he has done before.
BCX, you are a scammer and you need to tagged as one.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
disclaimer201
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 06:02:37 PM

Link was posted to another thread but this just fits like a hat over BCX bald head:
1. When we look at the common psychology of con men and scam artists, what do we learn?

First and foremost, most career con men are sociopaths. They are self-absorbed and believe that anything they say and do justifies a positive outcome for themselves. They can’t imagine or don’t care about the consequences their actions have for the people they may hurt. They rationalize away any concern that they are harming other people with any number of self-delusional discussions, if they consider the ethical side of their scams at all. What’s good for them is, by definition, what’s good…period....

For more, read this: http://goldengate.bbb.org/article/the-psychology-of-the-scam-34976

Now this fat fuck is backpedaling like he has done before.
BCX, you are a scammer and you need to tagged as one.

+1 but does this f*ck*** forum ever use that tag on known criminals at all? Bitcoinica - no suspicious behavior lately, couple hundred thousands missing, no biggie- let's spare them! But Bulanula! what a scammer! Beware of him! I have given up hope that this forum will ascribe such a tag to BlowhimhardExpress. Now let's find some new small fish to tag instead.
DiCE1904
Legendary

Activity: 1118
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2012, 06:05:07 PM

On Monday I noticed that most of the LTC pools were getting DDos'd to hell and all the signs of pending 51% attack were evolving. I decided to try and do something about. So BEFORE I did anything I ran this by Coblee, he's known from the start that I was going to give you guys a focal point to rally against since all of you just moped around and stayed in the pools like morons. I didn't care if you guys hated me or not.

I have the PM's prior to the attack to and from Coblee that Theymos can verify if needed. Coblee has said he will admit if necessary.

To try and convince you guys a real attack was happening, I paid for $400.00 worth of EC2 to spike the unknown hashrate up to 70% to alarm you guys and you all let morons like Bitlane tell you "oh, don't worry"....

It's was a lot faster and easier to set up the paid verses my freebie EC2's from work.

IDIOTS, why would I ever attack Litecoin, I protected Litecoin in the early days, I helped build it and many times proped it up the coin just to bump it past SC. Some good has come of this, the DDoS stopped because for a while a lot of you did jump on solo.

Bottom line is, Coblee knew I wasn't really going to attack Litecoin. He knew ahead of time. Just to be clear it was entirely my idea, but he knew.

As bad as I hate to admit Coinhunter was right, some form of 51% attack protection is needed as a hard coded feature. Hashrate alone isn't enough because the nature of humans just suck.

~BCX~

thanks BCX and Coblee for helping out the network

EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 06:13:38 PM

On Monday I noticed that most of the LTC pools were getting DDos'd to hell and all the signs of pending 51% attack were evolving. I decided to try and do something about. So BEFORE I did anything I ran this by Coblee, he's known from the start that I was going to give you guys a focal point to rally against since all of you just moped around and stayed in the pools like morons. I didn't care if you guys hated me or not.

I have the PM's prior to the attack to and from Coblee that Theymos can verify if needed. Coblee has said he will admit if necessary.

To try and convince you guys a real attack was happening, I paid for $400.00 worth of EC2 to spike the unknown hashrate up to 70% to alarm you guys and you all let morons like Bitlane tell you "oh, don't worry"....

It's was a lot faster and easier to set up the paid verses my freebie EC2's from work.

IDIOTS, why would I ever attack Litecoin, I protected Litecoin in the early days, I helped build it and many times proped it up the coin just to bump it past SC. Some good has come of this, the DDoS stopped because for a while a lot of you did jump on solo.

~BCX~

thanks BCX and Coblee for helping out the network

Just in case... DiCE1904, this is a joke? Yes?

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 07:42:03 PM

So after I came out and told BCX that I've lost all respect for her(?) if she attacks Litecoin, I got this PM:

Geez, don't sweat it, I'm not going to hit it hard enough to hurt it.

Have you noticed the hash rate in LTC has jumped 200K in the past hour. These guys needed a public face to rally against and defeat the DDoS going on.

Just keep this to yourself.

So I was not sure what to think of this. I'm not sure what she meant by "not going to hit it hard enough to hurt it."
Either BCX is really just faking this attack to help Litecoin against an attack by someone else (because pools were indeed getting DDoS'd and there definitely was a possibility that someone is trying to 51% the network) OR BCX is lying to me in PM to hope that I do nothing to try to stop her. Since I didn't know BCX well enough, I couldn't just take her word for it. So I decided to treat BCX's threat as real. So that's how I've acted initially towards this attack. And if the attack indeed turns out to be a bluff, it would be a learning experience to see how our community handles such an attack. I believe we will get attacked for real eventually if this was not real.

Since BCX announced when she was going to fork the network, I decided that the best defense was to just put a checkpoint in 12-24 hours after she forked it. This way if enough people upgraded, she would have wasted all the time and money and had to refork after the checkpoint if she was going to continue the attack. So that's what I did. In the meantime, I got a few more PM's from BCX:

Have you noticed how the DDoS has stopped on the pools since I started all of this.

Well you kinda put me in a position to have to carry through now by telling them you didn't think I could Wink

Honestly I don't care if they don't like me. In a matter of two days I have galvanized this community, the DDos have stopped, and LTC is at 0.0063.

At this point in time (Thursday), I've decided that BCX's threat was indeed a bluff. Maybe she was just trying to help Litecoin in a weird twisted way. I told people that I thought the attack was a bluff and even if it was not, I believed our network hashrate was large enough to make it prohibitively expensive to attack us. And I decided there was no reason to do another checkpoint and told BTC-e that I think it's safe to open up deposit/withdrawal.

So that's my side of the story.

So, by all this drama one thing is proved.
Litecoin is NOT A DECENTRALIZED coin. It is controlled & centralized by some developers & some asshole psychos.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 07:57:20 PM

So after I came out and told BCX that I've lost all respect for her(?) if she attacks Litecoin, I got this PM:

Geez, don't sweat it, I'm not going to hit it hard enough to hurt it.

Have you noticed the hash rate in LTC has jumped 200K in the past hour. These guys needed a public face to rally against and defeat the DDoS going on.

Just keep this to yourself.

So I was not sure what to think of this. I'm not sure what she meant by "not going to hit it hard enough to hurt it."
Either BCX is really just faking this attack to help Litecoin against an attack by someone else (because pools were indeed getting DDoS'd and there definitely was a possibility that someone is trying to 51% the network) OR BCX is lying to me in PM to hope that I do nothing to try to stop her. Since I didn't know BCX well enough, I couldn't just take her word for it. So I decided to treat BCX's threat as real. So that's how I've acted initially towards this attack. And if the attack indeed turns out to be a bluff, it would be a learning experience to see how our community handles such an attack. I believe we will get attacked for real eventually if this was not real.

Since BCX announced when she was going to fork the network, I decided that the best defense was to just put a checkpoint in 12-24 hours after she forked it. This way if enough people upgraded, she would have wasted all the time and money and had to refork after the checkpoint if she was going to continue the attack. So that's what I did. In the meantime, I got a few more PM's from BCX:

Have you noticed how the DDoS has stopped on the pools since I started all of this.

Well you kinda put me in a position to have to carry through now by telling them you didn't think I could Wink

Honestly I don't care if they don't like me. In a matter of two days I have galvanized this community, the DDos have stopped, and LTC is at 0.0063.

At this point in time (Thursday), I've decided that BCX's threat was indeed a bluff. Maybe she was just trying to help Litecoin in a weird twisted way. I told people that I thought the attack was a bluff and even if it was not, I believed our network hashrate was large enough to make it prohibitively expensive to attack us. And I decided there was no reason to do another checkpoint and told BTC-e that I think it's safe to open up deposit/withdrawal.

So that's my side of the story.

So, by all this drama one thing is proved.
Litecoin is NOT A DECENTRALIZED coin. It is controlled & centralized by some developers & some asshole psychos.

The users of Litecoin had the option to not run the checkpoint and instead fork their own version of the client. The checkpoint was a suggestion by the developer, not a command.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 08:06:02 PM

The check point is not the problem.
BitcoinEXpress already told coblee that he wont attack.
He also said any coin he attacked so far is dead.
So, if some one in future attacks then Litecoin also will die.

Bitcoin gaining trust.
Litecoin loosing trust.
passerby

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2012, 08:14:23 PM

LTC isn't going anywhere. 

Indeed.

It isn't. Going. Anywhere.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print