Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:54:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [REQUEST] Please extend maximum lenght for hero/legendary member signatures.  (Read 2467 times)
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 12:32:28 PM

I don't think it is a primary request, but it is only my personal opinion. However 8'000 characters are too much, what do you think of 6'000 ?  Yes, why not 6k for Hero and 8k for Legendary?
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 01:43:44 PM

I don't see a real reason for this. There is absolutely nothing that must be placed in the signature and that can't fit within the current limit.

Maybe you had a great idea, like double signature campaigns?..

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 01:51:03 PM

I don't see a real reason for this. There is absolutely nothing that must be placed in the signature and that can't fit within the current limit.

Signature campaign usually are not allowing competitor signature ads displayed alongside their own ads.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
najzenmajsen

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 06:40:07 PM

may i ask why you'd even want this ?
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 06:42:32 PM

I think because roslinpl is also a "bb_code designer" and the limit of 4k character  it is bad for him and he can't "make his signatures".
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 06:42:52 PM

To make the signature better and to add more contents.

-MZ

Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 07:11:27 PM

Signature campaign usually are not allowing competitor signature ads displayed alongside their own ads.
One would think that after being here for so long, that I would know this. Obviously this opens up space for new things.

-MZ
Imagine a page on a thread where everyone has a maxed out signature. That seems rather very nice (even though one could disable them).

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 09:11:58 PM

OP want to have signature length doubled to be able to put pixelated logos in them, soon after you make a proposal to have images added too. All graphics take a toll on data traffic; but, most importantly, here on bitcointalk ,we don't care to the shiny signature, we look for the post content! It's nice to have a signature, it's nice to have the possibility to rent it to a signature campaign but we should not allow a mine is bigger than yours mindset to overcome the whole forum.

Check dogie's signature for instance, we can make it a bit attractive and add more contents which would help the forum but yes, more than helping sig-ads are used.

-MZ

Yeah. My sig is 2300 characters and its literally just text with links in it. This type of code just isn't that character efficient and its something we have to work around regardless of if its for flashy reasons or just sensible practicality.

roslinpl (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 09:28:31 PM

Are you sure?
I know from my experience that it is better to be careful when you say "nothing, everything, always, never Smiley "

For example. Hero Design which I made for Ocupy.net campaign. It was really hard to make it fit into forum's 4000 limit.
(You can see this design here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=959155.msg10493284#msg10493284, it's at the top of the OP)

BTW. there was also a bug spotted by me. When you paste into "Profile Information" a code, there might be written "xxx chars remainging".
But when you press save it suddenly have to cut it, because it was too long. But like I say, when you paste the code it seems like everything is OK, you get info about positive number of remaining characters.

If I would have a limit for that signature design of 8000 chars I would have much more space with possibilities and I would be able to improve it even more than it is now.

So that's why I am asking about increasing that limit to 8000 chars for Hero and Legendary members.

Best regards.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 10:33:53 PM

BTW. there was also a bug spotted by me. When you paste into "Profile Information" a code, there might be written "xxx chars remainging".

That's usually its inability to count 'special characters' which includes line breaks and other similar things.

ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
February 23, 2015, 12:57:43 AM

One would think that after being here for so long, that I would know this. Obviously this opens up space for new things.

-MZ
Imagine a page on a thread where everyone has a maxed out signature. That seems rather very nice (even though one could disable them).

Current ad spaces are enough as they are today, no need to change them, if u want a more fair difference between member groups, then lower members space should be reduced.
There is no point in maximising things up, it would just make people remove ads from showing. (even more)

cheers
roslinpl (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 11:26:13 AM

Current ad spaces are enough as they are today, no need to change them, if u want a more fair difference between member groups, then lower members space should be reduced.
There is no point in maximising things up, it would just make people remove ads from showing. (even more)

cheers

So what was the point in changing max. chars to 4000 from 2000 in your opinion.
Second thing is this is not "an ad space" this is Signature. Ad Space is something different on Bitcointalk.

Thanks for your opinion.

Best regards.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2015, 12:30:47 PM

Second thing is this is not "an ad space" this is Signature. Ad Space is something different on Bitcointalk.

Thanks for your opinion.

Best regards.
Yet we use them in Signature campaigns which advertise certain sites/services. Meaning that members have been often using it as Ad space.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 12:47:06 AM

cheers

Thanks for your opinion.

Best regards.

look,and im just giving my opinion here; when im scrolling through all the threads, the content of members signature spaces doent anoy me, i mean its ok for people to sell out that space, or to advertise/put something of their own, but if the space was any larger, i personaly would find that anoying and unnecesary, which leads me to second part of your question;
i didnt intend to define what an ad space on bitcoin forum is, but to point out that both can be removed if users find them anoying, with disabling ads, or with just ignoring bunch of users.

op wanted increased lenght  for hero/legendary member signatures, and i think it would be bad, so if theres some unjustice comparing allowed lenghts for different membership accounts, then the lenght should be "more fairly distributed", but definetly not furthermore increased from its current maximum.

just my opinion in the end, if its not shared with most users, it wont be even considered in the end.

cheers
BeetcoinScummer

Activity: 215
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 11:37:18 AM

Have any of you requesting such bandwith-sucker improvements ever tried to having to connect to forum with a mobile network? I will not pay an hefty increased mobile bill due to the increase data traffic your increased signature or signature with images bring with them to everyone having the misfortune to read a thread where you have posted something.
Such ideas of ever more lengthy signature and signature with images should be banned for good from bitcointalk community!

It would be hilarous if to download an 80 character one-liner junk post you would also now need to download and pay for an additional 8000 characters of junk signature ad campaign data. The actual text content of many posts are under current 4000 character signature space limit, which is like equal to 30 lines of plain text on a typical screen.
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 12:13:42 PM

You can hide signatures if you don't want to see them. Go to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=profile;sa=theme, if you want to hide.

-MZ

BeetcoinScummer

Activity: 215
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 12:28:29 PM

You can hide signatures if you don't want to see them. Go to https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=profile;sa=theme, if you want to hide.

-MZ

Yes, I already do that on my mobile account when I am roaming on 3G. On 4G it is not a problem for me because the site loads pretty fast and I don't hit my data cap. It would be nice if there was a setting to hide low quality posts.
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2015, 12:49:44 PM

Yes, I already do that on my mobile account when I am roaming on 3G. On 4G it is not a problem for me because the site loads pretty fast and I don't hit my data cap. It would be nice if there was a setting to hide low quality posts.

It can't be done. If you mean "one line" by "low quality posts", then bear in mind, even posts with one line can be constructive and qualitative.

-MZ

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: