Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:13:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [REQUEST] Please extend maximum lenght for hero/legendary member signatures.  (Read 2467 times)
roslinpl (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 01:34:13 PM

Hello,

I am asking forum moderators to change the maximum lenght for the Hero and Legendary Members signature.

Now on it's 4000 chars lenght. Full Member and Sr Member is also 4000 max lenght.

I request/suggest to change as soon as possible the max lenght for Hero/Legendary to 8000 characters.

BBCode Sig designers will have more space for their designs. And Hero members will gain some extra ++ from beign a Hero member Smiley

Please consider my request and aprove it.

Thanks.

Best regards.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 02:38:55 PM

I think the signature limit of hero's is about right, if you want to differentiate between Hero's and Sr member, then may want to consider reducing the Sr member. I don't think either is necessary. 
roslinpl (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 03:11:41 PM

I think the signature limit of hero's is about right, if you want to differentiate between Hero's and Sr member, then may want to consider reducing the Sr member. I don't think either is necessary. 

Hey,

I respect your opinion.

But for me - as for a sig designer 4000 is not always enough.

I was really happy when Theymos increased from 2000 to 4k. (thanks a lot Theymos)

I am pretty sure that increasing for Hero/Legendary to 8000 characters will be a change to a better.

Signatures for Hero and Legendary allow to use stylings, glowings etc. In 4000 chars sig designers are always finding hard to make it fit Smiley
Changing it to 8k or 6k will help designers to make better signatures. That's what is all about for me.

Best wishesh.
NeuroticFish
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 6321

Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 03:13:37 PM

I am asking forum moderators to change the maximum lenght for the Hero and Legendary Members signature.

With the new forum software (hopefully) almost ready, I think that this will .... be put on "hold".

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
▄█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
▀█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
roslinpl (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 03:13:52 PM

I don't suppose you'll gain much support in this matter. Sigs are big and shiny as they are, even too big. Look at the topics, especially in the off topic section, where the signatures are over 3 times larger than the posts.
I think they would serve their purpose even if they were cut in half.

But it wont change "the size" of the signature...

It will just open a way for sig designers to make those signatures much nicer - more accurate.

Size will be the same...

Height 42px and width the same.

With the new forum software (hopefully) almost ready, I think that this will .... be put on "hold".

What do you mean by "put on hold"? So far as I know signatures are going to stay.
NeuroticFish
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 6321

Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 03:28:44 PM

What do you mean by "put on hold"? So far as I know signatures are going to stay.

If this is a change .. a little deeper than just a config value, I guess that nobody will search and change.
Instead, you may have to make another such request for the new interface, when that will be ready.

..JAMBLER.io..Create Your Bitcoin Mixing
Business Now for   F R E E 
████▀████████████████████
███▀█████▄█▀███▀▀▀██████
██▀█████▄█▄██████████████
██▄▄████▀▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄██████
█████▄▄▄██████████▀▄████
█████▀▄█▄██████▀█▄█████
███████▀▄█▀█▄██▀█▄███████
█████████▄█▀▄█▀▄█████████
      OUR      
PARTNERS

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
████████▀▀█████▀▀████████
█████▀█████████████▀█████
████████████████████████
███████████████▄█████████
███████████████▀█████████
████████████████████████
█████▄█████████████▄█████
████████▄▄█████▄▄████████
   INVEST   
BITCOIN

████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████▀
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 03:39:27 PM

Sig space is okay Hero and lower. I think, for Legendary, supporting images(same size as signature) in the link would be good.

-MZ

Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 4110

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 03:58:13 PM

Sig space is okay Hero and lower. I think, for Legendary, supporting images(same size as signature) in the link would be good.

-MZ
Images in signatures is disallowed for a reason, it becomes a mess and an annoyance to look at. The forum used to allow images in signatures but, removed the ability to put a new image in your signature in 2011/early 2012.  

I believe, if users had a image prior to it being disabled, they may still have them in their signatures. That was the case then, I'm not sure if this has been changed or moderated since. If you want a image in your signature, have a direct link to the image. That way people can decide whether they want to look at it or not.

I know the majority of the users on this forum probably disagree and would like to have images, but it doesn't add much of a benefit of having them.

I am pretty sure that increasing for Hero/Legendary to 8000 characters will be a change to a better.
That's a lot of space, I don't want to be forced to hide signatures as I do like to look at some personal projects and such. But, having something as big as 8000 would be obstructive.
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 2058

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 04:01:04 PM

8000 characters? Do you want to write a novel?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ActualUpsurge

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

GlideSEC - www.glidesec.com

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 04:07:38 PM

agreed, 8000 characters is way too much for this type of thing.

▲▼▼▲▼GlideSEC NXT investments www.glidesec.com▲▼▲▼
picolo

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 04:09:24 PM

What about 5000 for Hero?
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 04:14:27 PM

Images in signatures is disallowed for a reason, it becomes a mess and an annoyance to look at. The forum used to allow images in signatures but, removed the ability to put a new image in your signature in 2011/early 2012.  

I believe, if users had a image prior to it being disabled, they may still have them in their signatures. That was the case then, I'm not sure if this has been changed or moderated since. If you want a image in your signature, have a direct link to the image. That way people can decide whether they want to look at it or not.

I know the majority of the users on this forum probably disagree and would like to have images, but it doesn't add much of a benefit of having them.

I understand but wouldn't it not be a bad idea if it has size restrictions and also I would like to see something like this(for every links or atleast hyperlinks/embedded-links):

-MZ

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 04:19:56 PM

What about 5000 for Hero?

Its surprising how little 4000 characters actually is. I was the one who asked Theymos to increase 2k limit as I was hitting the cap with plenty of real estate left in the actual sig space, even at 1280px wide.

roslinpl (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 05:20:38 PM

No. Not a novel.

But a pixelated logos etc.

And 4000 chars is not enough for that I am telling you for sure Smiley

6000 would be awesome too. But 8000 will be just perfect and no one will ever need more Wink I am pretty sure about that.

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 05:24:15 PM

The 'official' limits on signatures says that member accounts and up have 'unlimited' signature length. I guess 4k characters is considered 'unlimited' and realistically you probably do not need that much in most cases
Grand_Voyageur

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

https://dadice.com | Click my signature to join!

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 10:34:02 AM

Hello,

Now on it's 4000 chars lenght. Full Member and Sr Member is also 4000 max lenght.

I request/suggest to change as soon as possible the max lenght for Hero/Legendary to 8000 characters.

BBCode Sig designers will have more space for their designs. And Hero members will gain some extra ++ from beign a Hero member Smiley

Please consider my request and aprove it.

Thanks.

Best regards.
=snip=

But a pixelated logos etc.

And 4000 chars is not enough for that I am telling you for sure Smiley

6000 would be awesome too. But 8000 will be just perfect and no one will ever need more Wink I am pretty sure about that.
=snip=
I think, for Legendary, supporting images(same size as signature) in the link would be good.

-MZ

Have any of you requesting such bandwith-sucker improvements ever tried to having to connect to forum with a mobile network? I will not pay an hefty increased mobile bill due to the increase data traffic your increased signature or signature with images bring with them to everyone having the misfortune to read a thread where you have posted something.
Such ideas of ever more lengthy signature and signature with images should be banned for good from bitcointalk community!

+1. Also, IF someone want to catch others attention he need to be brief. IF synthesis is so valued is because long texts are time-consuming and annoying.

███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█   ⚂⚄⚀⚃⚅⚁    ██  d a d i c e  ██    Next Generation Dice Game
• Low 1% house edge. • Provably Fair.  
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 10:39:15 AM

Have any of you requesting such bandwith-sucker improvements ever tried to having to connect to forum with a mobile network? I will not pay an hefty increased mobile bill due to the increase data traffic your increased signature or signature with images bring with them to everyone having the misfortune to read a thread where you have posted something.
Such ideas of ever more lengthy signature and signature with images should be banned for good from bitcointalk community!

Sorry, I didn't thought about bandwidth.

+1. Also, IF someone want to catch others attention he need to be brief. IF synthesis is so valued is because long texts are time-consuming and annoying.

It is useful and it doesn't need high bandwidth. Smiley

Its surprising how little 4000 characters actually is. I was the one who asked Theymos to increase 2k limit as I was hitting the cap with plenty of real estate left in the actual sig space, even at 1280px wide.

-MZ

Grand_Voyageur

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 10:54:02 AM

It is useful and it doesn't need high bandwidth. Smiley

-MZ

OP want to have signature length doubled to be able to put pixelated logos in them, soon after you make a proposal to have images added too. All graphics take a toll on data traffic; but, most importantly, here on bitcointalk ,we don't care to the shiny signature, we look for the post content! It's nice to have a signature, it's nice to have the possibility to rent it to a signature campaign but we should not allow a mine is bigger than yours mindset to overcome the whole forum.

Muhammed Zakir

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 11:42:19 AM

OP want to have signature length doubled to be able to put pixelated logos in them, soon after you make a proposal to have images added too. All graphics take a toll on data traffic; but, most importantly, here on bitcointalk ,we don't care to the shiny signature, we look for the post content! It's nice to have a signature, it's nice to have the possibility to rent it to a signature campaign but we should not allow a mine is bigger than yours mindset to overcome the whole forum.

Check dogie's signature for instance, we can make it a bit attractive and add more contents which would help the forum but yes, more than helping sig-ads are used.

-MZ

Grand_Voyageur

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2015, 11:51:34 AM

Check dogie's signature for instance, we can make it a bit attractive and add more contents which would help the forum but yes, more than helping sig-ads are used.

-MZ

Dogie's signature is a brilliant example of synthesis since he used URL shortners to put the content he want to advertise without annoying others. Dogie's allow people to reach swiftly it's guides (the needed content). OP wishing to put pixelated logos is only a waste of resources.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: