Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 05:17:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DRK vs XMR warez  (Read 13291 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
MalMen (OP)

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 03:49:15 PM

Well, after reading this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=939072.0 and see the amount of offtopic related with DKR vs XMR i think its for the best open one more thread for discusting this Smiley
I posted this topic as selfmoderated one so i can prevent trolls, but i will try to not interfer on the posts

Whats the poins i think

- What is the best tech
  - Masternodes vs Ringsignatures
  - X11 vs cryptonight
  - Bitcoin clone vs Bytecoin Clone
  - Blockchain sizes
- Dev team
- strengths and weakeness in each one
- witch one is the fairest distributed
- target audience of each one is the same to you ?
- What you think the current value represent ?
- Where can you use your each coin in real life ?
(more discussion topics soon)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 04:03:30 PM

Not to sound negative, but a locked topic on this issue created by a new account is going nowhere since both these coins have insane positive and negative shilling going for both sides and everyone is just going to see you as a shill for one coin or the other that is trying to sway discussion by invoking moderation powers.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
UnicornFarts

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 04:05:50 PM

Let me sum this up for you.  

The technology behind cryptonote obliterates darkcoin.  It's mathematically provable, it doesn't have random nodes that mostly exist in the amazon cloud to mix shit.

Monero cons

Original authors are scam artists so other devs have taken it over (for XMR)
Low market cap
Mostly held up by bitcoin whales who have no experience in altcoins
Not enough money to fund development (devs are using their own money).  Probably will run out at some point and project will die.
Kinda fubar'd emission

Dark cons

Massive premine
Alternated emission curve to jack price up (make early guys rich on shoulders of late guys after the fact).  Use of node required funding to prop price up.
Spaghetti code
Hypeish name that attracts the wrong crowd
Project will die as soon as devs don't have more coins to unload on a market they create by releasing features.  Even if that isn't the case, changing emission curve as dramatically as it was PLUS the massive instamine will kill it longterm.
pippo

Activity: 192
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 04:12:56 PM

Take a look of Blockchain size.
Daily Blockchain sync is too big by Monero.
Darkcoin is not the best Name for a Coin.

QORA|NEW CODE|QZypEij9Y3p7xw7bWmmc3d9HRpSZFbBcrC
Polycoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 04:18:22 PM

i side wit darkcoin. i want to sell my instamined coins on u BITCHEZ, BUY MY INSTAMINED COINS!

Polycoin Troopers, Assemble!
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 04:27:14 PM

Without getting into bloat issues of Monero, or Darkcoin instamine, a PoW coin, if actually able to achieve anonymous transactions, is in a difficult position.  Governments would regulate against it, and PoW mining data centers are large attack vectors to be legislated against or just taken over.  Yea, they would be located in many countries, but governments seem to cooperate a lot on things like drugs, so they might cooperate on issues like this too.  I guess you could say Bitcoin sort of faces this issue as well, but they haven't made any big moves against it yet.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 06:53:40 PM

Without getting into bloat issues of Monero, or Darkcoin instamine, a PoW coin, if actually able to achieve anonymous transactions, is in a difficult position.  Governments would regulate against it, and PoW mining data centers are large attack vectors to be legislated against or just taken over.  Yea, they would be located in many countries, but governments seem to cooperate a lot on things like drugs, so they might cooperate on issues like this too.  I guess you could say Bitcoin sort of faces this issue as well, but they haven't made any big moves against it yet.

On the other hand, and without getting into why PoS is making the big holders even bigger, PoS coins are not secure since Governments can achieve to hold 51% of coins by using some gag orders on the exchanges without anyone ever realizing.
Kienbui

Activity: 478

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 06:54:52 PM

I found this

There are speculations about CryptoNote being developed under the guidance of NSA. Following facts are mentioned as indicating a possible connections between NSA and CryptoNote development team:[76]

-Keccak hash has been chosen as a proof-of-work function in CryptoNote several months before it has been announced as SHA-3 hash function competition winner.

- NSA report about electronic cash outlines the necessity of using blind signatures in order to achieve anonymity.

- Using non-deterministic random in CryptoNote signatures might be a backdoor intentionally left by NSA in reference implementation.

- Being ASIC-resistant, CryptoNote-based currencies can be easily manipulated by NSA possessing big computational resources.

Source: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CryptoNote#Blockchain_bloat_and_ring_signature_size
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 07:08:20 PM

I found this

There are speculations about CryptoNote being developed under the guidance of NSA. Following facts are mentioned as indicating a possible connections between NSA and CryptoNote development team:[76]

-Keccak hash has been chosen as a proof-of-work function in CryptoNote several months before it has been announced as SHA-3 hash function competition winner.

- NSA report about electronic cash outlines the necessity of using blind signatures in order to achieve anonymity.

- Using non-deterministic random in CryptoNote signatures might be a backdoor intentionally left by NSA in reference implementation.

- Being ASIC-resistant, CryptoNote-based currencies can be easily manipulated by NSA possessing big computational resources.

Source: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CryptoNote#Blockchain_bloat_and_ring_signature_size

The source for this is http://www.cryptobang.com/ which was never a serious crypto news site neither seems to be online now. Therefore much credibility so wow.

But, if that is the case, then this is seriously the coin you need to invest! If you believe that it is backed by NSA then a few millions of investment must be under way...
solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 01:33:14 AM

Shadowcash deserves to be put in this discussion as well IMO it's the closest to Zerocoin/Zerocash-like implementation.
billotronic
Legendary

Activity: 1610

Crackpot Idealist

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 03:20:27 AM

The technology behind cryptonote obliterates darkcoin.  It's mathematically provable, it doesn't have random nodes that mostly exist in the amazon cloud to mix shit.

Monero cons

Low market cap
Not enough money to fund development (devs are using their own money).  Probably will run out at some point and project will die.
Kinda fubar'd emission

Dark cons

Massive premine
Alternated emission curve to jack price up (make early guys rich on shoulders of late guys after the fact).  Use of node required funding to prop price up.
Spaghetti code
Project will die as soon as devs don't have more coins to unload on a market they create by releasing features.  Even if that isn't the case, changing emission curve as dramatically as it was PLUS the massive instamine will kill it longterm.

This I think is a very accurate description of the cons. I think the underlying theme is they are both bullshit and better can be done.

This post sums up why all this bullshit is a scam
Read It. Hate It. Change the facts that it represents.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1606638.msg16139644#msg16139644
nachoig

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 04:21:15 AM

Excuse me, but do we really need another thread about this? There are already 2 threads just to discuss about privacy-focused coins.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568166.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=898563.0

Outside those, if you do a seach, you'll find a lot of threads with the same dicussion about Darkcoin x Monero with the same allegations.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 10:15:06 AM

Biggest load of B.S. I've ever read.

stealth923
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 11:15:11 AM

+1 rubbish
PoS

Activity: 223
Merit: 101

If you can be anything, be kind and fair

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 11:50:42 AM
Last edit: February 21, 2015, 12:10:19 PM by PoS

Monero cons

Low market cap
Kinda fubar'd emission

Dark cons

Massive premine
Alternated emission curve to jack price up (make early guys rich on shoulders of late guys after the fact).  Use of node required funding to prop price up.
Spaghetti code
Darkcoin dev cant run out of coins as he has unlimited coins coming out his arse with free masternode payments which he got with his instamine. It is a coin where the rich get richer by the minute.
Guys have hundreds of notes running. If you have 100 masternotes you get another on for free much faster than when you have just one or two. Obviously to buy you stand no chance at all.
lets say you have 100 masternotes and get paid 10 coins a day in a 100 days you have another masternote running, now you get paid from 101, now it takes less time to have another note running than last time. Time reduces with every additional masternote. If you operate one or two you too will have a free masternote in a couple of years. Try keeping up buying, lol.
The instamine scam with this coin is way worse than with a traditional scam where dev has limited dumping ability.
Time will tell when the last sucker is found.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 01:31:57 PM

Obviously to buy you stand no chance at all.

[1] - stop with the instamined crap. It wasn't and everyone's bored with that year-old stale fud

[2] - stop crying that you can't afford a masternode and trying to turning it into a design issue

You pays your money you takes your choice. You buy more miners you get more coins. You buy more nodes you get more return. It's called a market.

Any coin holder with 1000 coins (2 ten-thousands of the supply) can set up a node anytime, anywhere. They don't need to wait 100 days they can do it right now. So what if I purchase enough for 50 and set them all up on the same virtual server ? - the fact that I can freely do that is the whole point (otherwise known as de-centralisation).
KingCaper

Activity: 597
Merit: 506

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 05:32:15 PM

Excuse me, but do we really need another thread about this? There are already 2 threads just to discuss about privacy-focused coins.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568166.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=898563.0

Outside those, if you do a seach, you'll find a lot of threads with the same dicussion about Darkcoin x Monero with the same allegations.

Judging from the OP's posting history the whole thread might be intended to advertise Monero.

Nonetheless, Monero kick's Darkcoin's ass, as does Shadowcoin (their dev is a fucking beast).
The Dark hype machine is relentless, but it'll fall eventually to one of those two.

MOIN Developer : BTT Thread  |  PGP: https://keybase.io/kingcaper
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826

amarha

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 05:45:00 PM

[1] - stop with the instamined crap. It wasn't and everyone's bored with that year-old stale fud

I could have sworn I saw some pretty good evidence that there was in fact a large instamine. I remember seeing graphs and such. The number 2 million seems to ring a bell, but I'm not sure.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 10:19:54 PM

I could have sworn....

Whatever it was, the market gave it a nice price  Wink

BCwinning

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 10:25:39 PM

Dark cons

Massive premine
Spaghetti code
this pretty much to the tee. Plus the whole masternode nonsense.
After seeing the massive premine
and how they implemented the masternodes I haven't looked back.
too many xmr shills to even bother looking at it.

The New World Order thanks you for your support of Bitcoin and encourages your continuing support so that they may track your expenditures easier.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: