Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:32:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Potential Gambling Site Leak  (Read 424 times)
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 04:31:02 PM

People should really be using a decent password manager that creates random strong passwords.
Different ones for every site you use. Also, don't just blindly trust 2FA, because there are definitely ways around that (depending on what kind of 2FA the website uses)

I can definitely recommend Keepass, which is an awesome open-source password manager.
https://keepass.info/

2FA with a mobile phone number is insecure and you don't know what they use your phone number for.
Just look at what Facebook did with phone numbers it collected for their 2FA, sold them to advertisers... (source)

This article is pretty interesting, it lists all the pros and cons of different 2FA methods:
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/pros-cons-2fa-types-methods/

Strong password and 2FA of course needed to make your account secure. But to think that by putting 2FA will make your account insecure, how this thing is possible? Many people already know 2FA and have beend used it for so long and it never has any issue with it and by using keepass it will only give us and extra security towards our account so it is depends on players as well whether they are going to use it or not since not everyone are familiar with coding thing
I never had the experience to use keepass but according to google keepass is "an opensource password manager which can help you to manage all of your passwords" it means that you can use keepass as your database of all of your password so if you haven't memorized the passcode you can use this to keep your password safe but I don't think we still need this because you can make your own password database in your own spreadsheet.
Using any 3rd party software your account can be compromised so I suggest to better memorize the password and use google 2fa is enough to keep your account safe.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
October 26, 2018, 11:41:54 AM

People should really be using a decent password manager that creates random strong passwords.
Different ones for every site you use. Also, don't just blindly trust 2FA, because there are definitely ways around that (depending on what kind of 2FA the website uses)

I can definitely recommend Keepass, which is an awesome open-source password manager.

2FA with a mobile phone number is insecure and you don't know what they use your phone number for.
Just look at what Facebook did with phone numbers it collected for their 2FA, sold them to advertisers... (source)

This article is pretty interesting, it lists all the pros and cons of different 2FA methods:

Strong password and 2FA of course needed to make your account secure. But to think that by putting 2FA will make your account insecure, how this thing is possible? Many people already know 2FA and have beend used it for so long and it never has any issue with it and by using keepass it will only give us and extra security towards our account so it is depends on players as well whether they are going to use it or not since not everyone are familiar with coding thing
I never had the experience to use keepass but according to google keepass is "an opensource password manager which can help you to manage all of your passwords" it means that you can use keepass as your database of all of your password so if you haven't memorized the passcode you can use this to keep your password safe but I don't think we still need this because you can make your own password database in your own spreadsheet.
Using any 3rd party software your account can be compromised so I suggest to better memorize the password and use google 2fa is enough to keep your account safe.

literally every piece of equipment can be compromised
keepass is a nice little tool to keep your passwords, also lastpass falls into this category
it is way better than storing your passwords on a piece of paper or, god forbid, in a text file
spreadsheet passwords sounds like a joke, you think that Google documents are safer than keepass?
in any case , 2fa is a must for sites you store money at , gambling sites or exchanges or wallets
otherwise using a password manager is fine in most cases, try it - you will like it Smiley

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 27, 2018, 12:41:24 PM

Manage all out passwords sounds really good, and it is good for better coding user as well but in the mean time, there are still mant of users that do not understand how to code or familiar with an open source things so I could say, it is better to use 2FA, besides it is not that hard to understand and use either. Scan and done, as simple as that so you do not really need to manage your password that hard
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: