Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 01:48:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 174 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SwCpoker.eu | No Banking, Only Bitcoin | Bitcoin Poker 2.0 LIVE NOW!  (Read 291220 times)
KPGuy

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 06:30:25 PM

been trying to get on for 30 mins is the site down?

nah its working fine for me here ...try help > force reconnect

1.25k overkrill running

damn... i guess my chips will just what you call "dead money"

Cry Cry Cry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notserp
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 06:31:26 PM

1.25k overkrill running

that didnt work but looks like im not the only one that cant get in
KPGuy

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 06:34:12 PM

1.25k overkrill running

are you already registered notserp for the 1.25k overkrill?

my hard earned chips will just go away like that  Sad Angry Sad
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 06:42:31 PM

i registered in 5chips mtt almost 2hrs ago but got disconnected and now i cant get back, been trying for the last 30mins or so..

After over a half hour of failing to connect, it suddenly connected in time to miss the 2:00 p.m. tournament.

Anyway, whoever originally posted isn't the only person who couldn't connect.  What's up?
notserp
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 06:45:48 PM

1.25k overkrill running

are you already registered notserp for the 1.25k overkrill?

my hard earned chips will just go away like that  Sad Angry Sad

no i wasnt. just email them about the tourney they will refund you
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 10:03:38 PM

i registered in 5chips mtt almost 2hrs ago but got disconnected and now i cant get back, been trying for the last 30mins or so..

After over a half hour of failing to connect, it suddenly connected in time to miss the 2:00 p.m. tournament.

Anyway, whoever originally posted isn't the only person who couldn't connect.  What's up?

Had you tried flushing DNS and restarting your router? Seems like it's an ISP issue or it was on your side.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
SwC_Poker

Activity: 816
Merit: 140

Official SwC Poker Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 06:01:00 PM

Krilloween is coming-- new leaderboard promotion!

The top 40 krillers for the month of October will receive a Halloween treat– entrance into a private 4 BTC Krill roll scheduled for November 3rd! All month long, krill your way towards harvesting a dark offering for the spirits of those past krilled.

You can now view the top 40 krillers for the month on our krill leaderboard page: https://swcpoker.eu/krill-leaderboard/

This replaces our previous leaderboard promotion.

So what about those who were currently top of the leaderboard for the week, I take it the top 5 at the time the format was changed will receive the full BTC chips compensation and hats they had rightfully earned?

Since the inception of the leaderboard promotion, we have reannounced it each week that it was running, with the following text appended at the bottom of every leaderboard post:
" The "Krill Leaderboard" promotion will run again this week with the same prizes.  SwC reserves the right to modify the "Krill Leaderboard" promotion at any time"

We made no such reannouncement post for this week. Promotions are subject to change, but we may bring back the leaderboard promotion in the future.

We give away a six figure sum in promotions and overlay each year! There will be plenty of future opportunities for you to earn extra btc in the future, and I'm sure you've garnered plenty in the past.

SmartOne

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 07:50:34 PM

I've been reading this topic since the old Seals went down.At first was Micon who said weeks then months as ETA for Android app.Now ETA is unknown. And no Micon to ask about this.
I am curious only if the new SWC is a business or just a free gift from a wild programmer for the poker/crypto community.
If second, all explains in a simple way: is free and we do it in our spare, don't bug us with Android and stuff,we offered you too much already.Our time is valuable.. and so on
If first, things are a bit more complicated. Because if it's a business, that business should bring money to owners, every day more money, for as long as possible. Few hundreds of players don't bring so much money imo.
And here's my dilemma. Internet is ruled by smartphones these days, Android being present on countless devices, made by all kind of producers, from China/Japan to India,Us and whole Europe.
And its a market expanding very fast, with millions of users already. People migrated from common PC's to laptops then netbooks and now is the time of tablets and smartphones.Windows is not anymore the king of OS'es as it was in the past.
World goes mobile and who's not going in that direction will lose alot.
The only reason for Swc owners not to develop Android app fast would be the money they need for it.And if the owners don't want to put money into it, the only logical reason is they don't trust their business. And when the owner itself doesn't trust his work, how should the customer trust him he did a good work and pay for it?
Yes, if Swc would be only option to play decent poker in US,like it was in the past, i would understand the relaxed atmosphere.."We are the only ones for you, accept us or die in pain"
But swc is not anymore the only option in the field, there are a few btc poker sites out there and some regulated poker sites out there.
People are not anymore limited to Swc and they can choose.Swc needs to shiny, available and affordable for people to make the right choice.
From what i've seen, Swc is a bit shiny with the new games and new look.Affordable, yes, with the btc rates,promotions and the tournament schedule which looks good and can be re-tweaked easily if needed.
Problem is Swc is not available. And for whoever thinks development of an Android app takes months, think twice.The server side, with the rng and all game play, the userbase,balances is a job done already. All that is needed would be just an interface with a login thingie, an game selector and from there is all design, cards,tables,avatars..things that already exist, just need to be resized.
Very small input from user, can be handled in no time by a fairly decent programmer.
Not to mention that the html5 version would take same time, would be more universal than android app and, as bonus,it can be (fairly) easily transformed into an apk for the Android users (if people would still ask for it).
I'd say more, but i think this is enough for now, i just wanted to add my support for people who ask for Android app.Until swc will be made available for me, i will have to fill my spare time with some other things.
Ps. People play(and pay for) ClashOfClans, which give them nothing in return, just the joy of winning some virtual battle.Would people pay for Swc poker, which beside winning some virtual battle, would give them possibility to win (crypto.. ,electronic.., more or less real..) money? I bet they would, if they would have swc available like Clash of Clans
SwC_Poker

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2015, 10:22:50 PM
Last edit: October 03, 2015, 10:40:12 PM by SwC_Poker

Problem is Swc is not available. And for whoever thinks development of an Android app takes months, think twice.The server side, with the rng and all game play, the userbase,balances is a job done already.

Anyone who has written a significant amount of software would be wary of claiming that you can just slap a new frontend on a server/client architecture in a short amount of time and have it work correctly. The API by which the desktop client communicates with the server were not fit for the development of a mobile client in the least, it (for example, one of many issues) sent gigs of verbose unnecessary data instead of neat deltas. Every layer of our software has required rewrite to accommodate a completely new communication protocol. This on top of bugfixes and development work for the desktop client. A massive hunk of C++ takes time and training for new developers to adjust to-- and they're adjusting to it while they are making modifications to a server and client architecture in production. This is on top of the challenges of hiring in our business niche. With Bitcoin and online poker you have to be absolutely sure of the ethics and integrity of your developers-- you can't go picking up random people off of Craigslist. They also have to be willing to accept Bitcoin as payment from an unincorporated entity. Do you know how difficult it is to even find good C++ developers not given these kind of constraints?

We've been moving as fast as we can. Your "oh you can mock something up in a month and get it out" is not even close to reality. Software is complicated.

ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 03, 2015, 11:27:27 PM

Problem is Swc is not available. And for whoever thinks development of an Android app takes months, think twice.The server side, with the rng and all game play, the userbase,balances is a job done already.

Anyone who has written a significant amount of software would be wary of claiming that you can just slap a new frontend on a server/client architecture in a short amount of time and have it work correctly. The API by which the desktop client communicates with the server were not fit for the development of a mobile client in the least, it (for example, one of many issues) sent gigs of verbose unnecessary data instead of neat deltas. Every layer of our software has required rewrite to accommodate a completely new communication protocol. This on top of bugfixes and development work for the desktop client. A massive hunk of C++ takes time and training for new developers to adjust to-- and they're adjusting to it while they are making modifications to a server and client architecture in production. This is on top of the challenges of hiring in our business niche. With Bitcoin and online poker you have to be absolutely sure of the ethics and integrity of your developers-- you can't go picking up random people off of Craigslist. They also have to be willing to accept Bitcoin as payment from an unincorporated entity. Do you know how difficult it is to even find good C++ developers not given these kind of constraints?

We've been moving as fast as we can. Your "oh you can mock something up in a month and get it out" is not even close to reality. Software is complicated.

This post is the first one that has really hit home to me. One of the things I hadn't considered was that a dev. could implement a backdoor to steal addresses and such. In the real world (fiat), this doesn't happen because any transfer would be easily tracked/reversed/prosecuted. With Bitcoin, it's a different animal. That said, I hope you all don't run into any big issues like a rogue developer.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
SmartOne

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 12:53:02 AM

Anyone who has written a significant amount of software would be wary of claiming that you can just slap a new frontend on a server/client architecture in a short amount of time and have it work correctly. The API by which the desktop client communicates with the server were not fit for the development of a mobile client in the least, it (for example, one of many issues) sent gigs of verbose unnecessary data instead of neat deltas. Every layer of our software has required rewrite to accommodate a completely new communication protocol. This on top of bugfixes and development work for the desktop client. A massive hunk of C++ takes time and training for new developers to adjust to-- and they're adjusting to it while they are making modifications to a server and client architecture in production.
i haven't written too much code myself,but i wonder what major tweaks and adjustments needed the already working Bitcoin poker software, because said software worked well as GridPoker?Not minimizing your work, just wondering.
...With Bitcoin and online poker you have to be absolutely sure of the ethics and integrity of your developers-- you can't go picking up random people off of Craigslist.
I wonder how banks handle this situation.Can't trust no one 100% but you can take some precautions
 ..They also have to be willing to accept Bitcoin as payment from an unincorporated entity.Do you know how difficult it is to even find good C++ developers not given these kind of constraints?
I know bitcoins can be converted to fiat, that's what exchanges are for.Many fiat currencies there,many programmers, world is big.And i can hire a programmer to make me a wordpress site, even if i am not a corporation.
....Software is complicated.
yes it is, for sunday programmers.Good programmers are busy making money.
So far from the answer, i understand i was right, a few programmers made a team to create a bitcoin poker site for the bitcoin community.
Not some businessman behind who decided that bitcoin poker would be a good investment for future,put some money into it and is directly interested to make highest profit from there.
I will stop here, but i have a suggestion for programmers behind Swc: hire a businessman, he will find solutions for any software issue you might have.
Best of luck, seals, i will join you when Android appbwill be available.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 01:00:34 AM

Anyone who has written a significant amount of software would be wary of claiming that you can just slap a new frontend on a server/client architecture in a short amount of time and have it work correctly. The API by which the desktop client communicates with the server were not fit for the development of a mobile client in the least, it (for example, one of many issues) sent gigs of verbose unnecessary data instead of neat deltas. Every layer of our software has required rewrite to accommodate a completely new communication protocol. This on top of bugfixes and development work for the desktop client. A massive hunk of C++ takes time and training for new developers to adjust to-- and they're adjusting to it while they are making modifications to a server and client architecture in production.
i haven't written too much code myself,but i wonder what major tweaks and adjustments needed the already working Bitcoin poker software, because said software worked well as GridPoker?Not minimizing your work, just wondering.
...With Bitcoin and online poker you have to be absolutely sure of the ethics and integrity of your developers-- you can't go picking up random people off of Craigslist.
I wonder how banks handle this situation.Can't trust no one 100% but you can take some precautions
 ..They also have to be willing to accept Bitcoin as payment from an unincorporated entity.Do you know how difficult it is to even find good C++ developers not given these kind of constraints?
I know bitcoins can be converted to fiat, that's what exchanges are for.Many fiat currencies there,many programmers, world is big.And i can hire a programmer to make me a wordpress site, even if i am not a corporation.
....Software is complicated.
yes it is, for sunday programmers.Good programmers are busy making money.
So far from the answer, i understand i was right, a few programmers made a team to create a bitcoin poker site for the bitcoin community.
Not some businessman behind who decided that bitcoin poker would be a good investment for future,put some money into it and is directly interested to make highest profit from there.
I will stop here, but i have a suggestion for programmers behind Swc: hire a businessman, he will find solutions for any software issue you might have.
Best of luck, seals, i will join you when Android appbwill be available.

Considering just how many BTC-related sites are hacked (even bigger ones), what classifies as a "good" programmer to you?

NLNico
Legendary
hacker

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1289

DiceSites.com owner

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2015, 03:28:48 AM

A good programmer is someone who can make a Wordpress website.

SwC_Poker

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2015, 04:43:19 AM

i haven't written too much code myself,but i wonder what major tweaks and adjustments needed the already working Bitcoin poker software, because said software worked well
If you think there hasn't been a huge improvement in the software quality and stability since launch, you haven't been here since then.

Banks, in fact, don't have to worry about this at all. It is very easy to get hired by a bank. They play it fast and loose because transactions are reversible, insured if they follow a (completely non-technical) policy list, and they have several armed mobs that help them guard their money: the Secret Service, the FBI, the Federal Reserve Police, and the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network. We don't get to point guns at people to keep your Bitcoins safe. We do it by being extremely conservative in operational practices-- orders of magnitude more careful than banks are.

i can hire a programmer to make me a wordpress site, even if i am not a corporation.
This is not a Wordpress site. This is a custom server/client architecture written in C++ that processes six figures amounts of irreversible transactions. You can't go hire somebody off Freelancer for this.

nomnomnom

Activity: 313
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 04:11:03 PM

Hey  Cool

there is a new wine version out ( https://www.winehq.org/announce/1.7.52 ) and with that the connection to swc server
seems to work now, it says online 139 players now!
I have not tried playing or anything, and the interface is a bit buggy (active games list not working) but better than nothing.

Okay whatever that was it is not working anymore, has the same error like earlier now lol... wtf
Code:
reading ssl handshake packet: read 0 bytes
error reading ssl handshake packet

I swear it was working few minutes ago, interesting  Roll Eyes
BruceLee007

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 05:32:13 PM

Sunday lineup starts with the Little BTC in an hour and a half!

Stay for the Medium and the 5k 1BTC krillroll!

tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 06:36:40 PM

Swc of course has a point thatvsome software is more complicated than others and that when you are handling other people's money, you can't afford to play fast and loose.  I, for one, always noted sealswithclubs as one of the oldest bitcoin sires that never suffered a security breach.

But what I can't understand is how the current state of affairs is an improvement over the old seals running mavens.  In the old scenario, you had a huge player base, playing on Web, Android and windows and basically ruled bitcoin poker.  In the new scene, you have a software that can only be used by a few people, is unstable, and is apparently a bitch to fix.

Can we just have mavens back so we can play poker again?
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 08:19:43 PM

Swc of course has a point thatvsome software is more complicated than others and that when you are handling other people's money, you can't afford to play fast and loose.  I, for one, always noted sealswithclubs as one of the oldest bitcoin sires that never suffered a security breach.

But what I can't understand is how the current state of affairs is an improvement over the old seals running mavens.  In the old scenario, you had a huge player base, playing on Web, Android and windows and basically ruled bitcoin poker.  In the new scene, you have a software that can only be used by a few people, is unstable, and is apparently a bitch to fix.

Can we just have mavens back so we can play poker again?

I have the feeling the old falling out (old SWC to new one) also had an impact on security protocols. To me, the security of knowing I can withdraw will always be a top priority. Always. No point in playing somewhere if you never even know if you can get your money out, so I'd rather SWC do whatever is needed to ensure that's never an issue.

FanEagle
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1113

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 09:15:44 PM

A good programmer is someone who can make a Wordpress website.
Isn't called web developer/designer?

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 04, 2015, 10:43:59 PM
Last edit: October 05, 2015, 01:30:30 AM by TippingPoint

The new windows-only software is significantly better than the Mavens software, but the lack of support for Android, Mac, Linux and HTML has noticeably reduced the numbers of players.  If they do not develop and release the other software versions it will hurt them (and it already has).  SwC knows it.  We know it.  Competitors know it.

SwC is still our best hope for worldwide Bitcoin internet poker (and especially in a certain country).

Keep it alive.  And SwC, get your act together.  Quit dicking the dog.

Pages: « 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 ... 174 »
  Print  

Jump to: