Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 11:41:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 174 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SwCpoker.eu | No Banking, Only Bitcoin | Bitcoin Poker 2.0 LIVE NOW!  (Read 291220 times)
TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 06:32:42 PM
Last edit: January 30, 2016, 06:52:24 PM by TippingPoint

... ~10BTC per month they were paying out in them to fund better promos that encourage play on the site.

If they are dropping 10btc a month on promos, why on earth do we not have a working client 13 months after the old sealwithclubs closed?  It's clear that their player base needs something other than a broken windows client in order to be able to access the site.  Windows is the 90s, most people use other OS's now.  I can't be bothered to install a bunch of virtual machine software on an arm9 in order to try to run windows just for some poker.  It's better to just do something else.

LOL, 85% of all pc and laptop users use windows.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems#Desktop_and_laptop_computers

Yes.  That is for PC and laptop computers.

But for Device Shipments (which includes smartphones, tablets, laptops and PCs together)

Android       48.61%
iOS/OS X    11.04%
Windows    14.00%
Other    26.34%

and you want your opponents to be playing on a phone or a tablet.  That is where the distracted and impatient players are found in higher concentrations.

Bots and nits are usually under Windows, and occasionally "Other" (Linux)

Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DarkDays
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189

View Profile
January 30, 2016, 08:51:44 PM

... ~10BTC per month they were paying out in them to fund better promos that encourage play on the site.

If they are dropping 10btc a month on promos, why on earth do we not have a working client 13 months after the old sealwithclubs closed?  It's clear that their player base needs something other than a broken windows client in order to be able to access the site.  Windows is the 90s, most people use other OS's now.  I can't be bothered to install a bunch of virtual machine software on an arm9 in order to try to run windows just for some poker.  It's better to just do something else.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems#Desktop_and_laptop_computers

But for Device Shipments (which includes smartphones, tablets, laptops and PCs together)

Android       48.61%
iOS/OS X    11.04%
Windows    14.00%
Other    26.34%

and you want your opponents to be playing on a phone or a tablet.  That is where the distracted and impatient players are found in higher concentrations.

But your point is still incorrect.  You said that most people don't use windows now...that's false.  The fact that people have phones that don't run windows doesn't mean that they don't also have access to computers which do run windows.

But I do agree with you that it would be nice to have the software available on more platforms so that more people can play more often.  And I also agree with you that SWC is doing a shit-tier job of communicating with it's (small, dwindling) player base.
Financisto

Activity: 630
Merit: 767

BTC⇆⚡⇄BTC

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2016, 09:02:20 PM

But of that percentage they are still losing the chunk of players who were using browser version of pokersoftware.....not to talk about the ones who used to play from their smartphones and tablets

...and let me add the last consideration: in bitcoin world (where seals operates) I guess that those percentage (OS usage I mean) should be really different if not almost inverted.
OMG

Forget about OSs...

All those years have passed and SwC has no Browser version for players yet?

Come on...!!!

BitcoinTalk's ESCROW Providers: Ranking & BlacklistCompilation of (open-source) BRAINWALLET projectsBTC ⇆⚡⇄ BTCBTC aka BTC: 16MBvhaJoRBxW3Vk6apnvz3UYT9HAgraVS ⚡ PGP: 2680207AA9A1B69FE7A033D80DE0F221074384C4 ⚡ If you think freedom matters, please support the development of these privacy projects→DONATE some sats: TailsQubes OSWhonixVeraCryptPicocryptKryptorSimpleX Chat
wwwin

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 03:35:05 AM

Android       48.61%
iOS/OS X    11.04%
Windows    14.00%
Other    26.34%

But your point is still incorrect.  You said that most people don't use windows now...that's false.  The fact that people have phones that don't run windows doesn't mean that they don't also have access to computers which do run windows.

But I do agree with you that it would be nice to have the software available on more platforms so that more people can play more often.  And I also agree with you that SWC is doing a shit-tier job of communicating with it's (small, dwindling) player base.

Exactly they have android on phone and windows on the pc, laptop and some tablets like Surface, etc....yes it would be nice to have android and web...but to say that nobody uses windows is just plain wrong.
tenaciouzd

Activity: 256

View Profile
January 31, 2016, 08:31:08 AM

It was for qq aka Chooseb <3

tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 07:09:44 PM

But of that percentage they are still losing the chunk of players who were using browser version of pokersoftware.....not to talk about the ones who used to play from their smartphones and tablets

...and let me add the last consideration: in bitcoin world (where seals operates) I guess that those percentage (OS usage I mean) should be really different if not almost inverted.
OMG

Forget about OSs...

All those years have passed and SwC has no Browser version for players yet?

Come on...!!!

^^^This.  You can argue all day about whether windoze is still cool.  But in the end, everyone has a browser and that's a pretty crucial element as to why the old seals had a player base.  After one year they're still windoze only and I still haven't gotten my old username or krill because you can't even log into the website.  I used to love seals.   I believed them for a while when they said "hold on, normal clients are coming soon".  Now I don't believe them anymore.  RIP swc.  If you ever get some working software, let me know!
TippingPoint
Legendary

Activity: 905

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 09:33:26 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2016, 04:06:00 AM by TippingPoint

A browser-based (HTML) client may have the fewest hurdles to implement (and the most potential players), although there may be authentication issues in making it function securely with the existing server software.  

The old Seals had a working HTML client, and I was never aware of any security problems with it.  My impression was that once SwC solved the interface issues with this new server software, that multiple flavors of client software would appear "soon".  

But nothing additional has been released, and communication has been terse.

Definitely disappointing, but they have been very reliable on cashouts, and there are some other advantages, so I am not likely to leave.  SwC has potential.
gamblingbad

Activity: 568
Merit: 500

https://bit-exo.com/?ref=gamblingbad

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2016, 07:33:03 PM

how to get affilate?

░▄░   ████   ░▄░
████░░██████░░████
▄▄░░▄██████████████████▄░░▄▄
░██████████████████████████████░
▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▀
▄▄▄█████▌                  ▀█████▄▄▄
▐████████▌                   ▐███████▌
▀███████▌     ███████▄      ▐██████▀
▄███████▌     ███████▀      ▐██████▄
▐█████████▌     ▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▄█████████▌
▐█████████▌                   ▀████████▌
▀███████▌     ████████▄      ▐█████▀
▄███████▌     ████████▀      ▐█████▄
▐████████▌     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▐██████▌
▀▀▀█████▌                   ▄████▀▀▀
▄████▌                 ▄█████▄
░██████████████████████████████░
▀▀░░▀██████████████████▀░░▀▀
████░░██████░░████
░▀    ████    ▀░
Bit-Exo

▄████████████████
                ▐█▀
      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▐████████████████████████████
▄██▄ █████████████████████████████
▀██▀ ████           █     ▐██   █
 ▐▌  ████  ██████▌  █     ██    █
 ▐▌  ████  ██ ▐██   █    ▐█▌    █
 ▐▌  ████     ██    █    ██     █
 ▐▌  ████    ▐█▌    █   ▐█▌     █
█████████    ██     █           █
▀▀▀▀▀████   ▐█▌     █           █
     ████           █           █
     █████████████████████████████
▄█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████

▄████████▄
          ▄██████████████▄
       ▄▄ ████████████████ ▄▄
      ████████████████████████
     ▐█▌  ▀██████████████▀  ▐█▌
     ▐█▄   ▐████████████▌   ▄█▌
      ▀██▄  ████████████  ▄██▀
        ▀██▄ ██████████ ▄██▀
          ▀██████████████▀
          ▀██▀████████▀██▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ██████       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐████▌▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀▀▀▀███████████ ████ ███████████▀▀▀▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐████▌▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ▄██████▄
           ▄████████████▄
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄░░░░░░░░▄▄
▄▄████▌░░░░░░▐████▄▄
▄░███████▌░░░░░░▐███████░▄
▄░░░░███████░░░░░░███████░░░░▄
▄░░░░░░██████████████████░░░░░░▄
▐░░░░░░░░████  ██  ██████░░░░░░░░▌
░░░░░░░░░███▀        ▀█████░░░░░░░░
▐▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄  ▐███▄   █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▌
█████████████  ▐███▀   █████████████
█████████████         ▀█████████████
█████████████  ▐████▄   ████████████
▐▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▀  ▐████▀   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▌
░░░░░░░░░███▄         ▄████░░░░░░░░
▐░░░░░░░░████  ██  ██████░░░░░░░░▌
▀░░░░░░██████████████████░░░░░░▀
▀░░░░███████░░░░░░███████░░░░▀
▀░███████▌░░░░░░▐███████░▀
▀▀████▌░░░░░░▐████▀▀
▀▀░░░░░░░░▀▀

WearsMyLiberty

Activity: 269

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2016, 03:05:43 AM

New tournament starting tonight:

tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 08:25:12 PM

Definitely disappointing, but they have been very reliable on cashouts, and there are some other advantages, so I am not likely to leave.  SwC has potential.
Well I'm not going to buy a copy of windows just so that I can play seals.  I wish they'd bring back some way to at least login to the website.  Alas.
donk4u
Legendary

Activity: 889

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 09:42:14 PM

DO NOT PLAY ON BETCOIN. BETCOIN HAD ITS DATABASE HACKED AND ALL EMAILS OF ITS PLAYERS HACKED AND REFUSED TO ACKNOWLEDGE THOUGH ITS PLAYERS HAD PHISHING ATTEMPTS AGAINST THEM DUE TO PHISHING ATTEMPTS ASKING TO CHANGE PASSWORD. EVERY TIME THIS BETCOIN SHILL HOTENPLATE POSTS I FEEL I HAVE TO WARN OTHER PLAYERS OF THE EVILS OF BETCOIN.
DarkDays
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189

View Profile
February 04, 2016, 11:35:06 PM

DO NOT PLAY ON BETCOIN. BETCOIN HAD ITS DATABASE HACKED AND ALL EMAILS OF ITS PLAYERS HACKED AND REFUSED TO ACKNOWLEDGE THOUGH ITS PLAYERS HAD PHISHING ATTEMPTS AGAINST THEM DUE TO PHISHING ATTEMPTS ASKING TO CHANGE PASSWORD. EVERY TIME THIS BETCOIN SHILL HOTENPLATE POSTS I FEEL I HAVE TO WARN OTHER PLAYERS OF THE EVILS OF BETCOIN.

+1 I just got another phishing email in my account that's only associated with Betcoin yesterday.  SWC may have low traffic, but at least they don't sell/allow people to access my personal information.

Hey, I've got an idea for SWC management.  Since WPN obviously is open to having bitcoin-only rooms as tournament skins, why not join up as a skin?  You can retain all of your cash games AND you can keep your unique MTT schedule, but your players will be able to access WPN's MTTs and SNGs.  I think you end up getting half of their rake, so you'll make way more money from your existing players (since they can play more and bigger games) and I promise you you'll get an influx of players who are sick of Betcoin's insanely shady support and rampant scammers.  AND you'll have access to the web client which will solve the problems of people who don't use Windows wanting to play on your site.  Win/win/win.
wwwin

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 03:38:00 AM

how to get affilate?

I think they are selective not automatic or at least that was the way with the old seals
wwwin

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 03:38:52 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2016, 04:02:14 AM by wwwin

Definitely disappointing, but they have been very reliable on cashouts, and there are some other advantages, so I am not likely to leave.  SwC has potential.
Well I'm not going to buy a copy of windows just so that I can play seals.  I wish they'd bring back some way to at least login to the website.  Alas.

You don't have to buy it..you can get windows preview versions for free all the time.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-how-to?ocid=tp2_nav_howto

Then install free Virtual Box in your host OS and then install windows in the virtual box
https://www.virtualbox.org/manual/ch02.html

or play on web at nitrogen
https://nitrogensports.eu/r/293779
thought they need more players, its  instant deposit instant withdrawl in BTC
Beefheart

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 04:19:04 AM

Nitrogen takes 4% cash game rake compared to 2.5% at SWC... I will play tourneys there though Smiley
WearsMyLiberty

Activity: 269

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2016, 04:33:34 AM

how to get affilate?

I think they are selective not automatic or at least that was the way with the old seals

Send an email to "affiliates" to request.

https://swcpoker.eu/affiliates

It's not automatic because they just want to make sure people aren't going to do anything spammy or market in other ways that make them look bad.

New tournament starting tonight:

Comin up again in 30 mins.  The first one was a great tournament last night, fun to start with 10k stacks and antes from level 1.

wwwin

View Profile
February 05, 2016, 06:14:11 AM
Last edit: February 05, 2016, 06:29:37 AM by wwwin

Nitrogen takes 4% cash game rake compared to 2.5% at SWC... I will play tourneys there though Smiley

Yeah but for people that have been complaining for a year about a web client not being available at SWC, it is an option if they are not playing at all...also the softness of the cash games there probably more than makes up for the rake difference. They have some very loose really bad players. If you  have some skills you could probably double up every time you play. Like taking candy from a baby.

Also if you play 50 hands or 100 hands ..and so on...within 24 hours prior to the challenge freerolls you get an entry to the Challenge freerolls....
Wednesday night 200mtc Crazy Pineapple freeroll is lots of fun..the only thing is the tables are ugly looking unless you customized them...use avatars and play in full screen mode and its not bad at all. The withdrawls take seconds. It's very easy to grow a bankroll there...and I can bet on all sports too from the same account...taking Carolina -spread this weekend.
Just wish they had more poker players.
donk4u
Legendary

Activity: 889

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 01:01:58 PM

Yeah but for people that have been complaining for a year about a web client not being available at SWC, it is an option if they are not playing at all...also the softness of the cash games there probably more than makes up for the rake difference. They have some very loose really bad players. If you  have some skills you could probably double up every time you play. Like taking candy from a baby.

Also if you play 50 hands or 100 hands ..and so on...within 24 hours prior to the challenge freerolls you get an entry to the Challenge freerolls....
Wednesday night 200mtc Crazy Pineapple freeroll is lots of fun..the only thing is the tables are ugly looking unless you customized them...use avatars and play in full screen mode and its not bad at all. The withdrawls take seconds. It's very easy to grow a bankroll there...and I can bet on all sports too from the same account...taking Carolina -spread this weekend.
Just wish they had more poker players.

The horrible flash software they use for their poker room will more then ensure only a few citizens stumbling into the poker room.
Kepler510

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Power The world for FREE!

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 01:12:16 PM

When the site will hold a turnament..?? . I am interested to try to play in this site. The given site look very interesting, and I am glad to be able to follow the next turnament

nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
February 08, 2016, 04:40:15 PM

When the site will hold a turnament..?? . I am interested to try to play in this site. The given site look very interesting, and I am glad to be able to follow the next turnament

Wut?  All day every day.
Pages: « 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... 174 »
  Print  

Jump to: