Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 08:08:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 »
  Print  
Author Topic: SwCpoker.eu | No Banking, Only Bitcoin | Bitcoin Poker 2.0 LIVE NOW!  (Read 291212 times)
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 30, 2017, 06:58:06 AM

Statement on how SwC Poker will handle the August 1st Bitcoin Cash fork:

https://swcpoker.eu/august-1-bitcoin-cash-fork/

In anticipation of upcoming disruptions on the Bitcoin network, SwCPoker will be temporarily pausing all deposits and withdrawals on August 1st at 8:00 UTC.

On August 1st at 12:20 UTC, “Bitcoin Cash” will fork away from the Bitcoin network. At that time, games will be paused and a snapshot of player balances will be taken. Deposits and withdrawals will be re-enabled as soon as possible, at a time we deem safe. We expect this to be less than 12 hours after the event, but it will depend upon the stability of the Bitcoin network.

SwCPoker does not endorse “Bitcoin Cash,” and will remain a Bitcoin poker site, however we will allow players the opportunity to withdraw the “Bitcoin Cash” derived from their Bitcoin balance. The process for “Bitcoin Cash” withdrawals will be announced shortly after August 1st.

At the point these fork, whoever is holding the BTC will have both BTC and BCC.  So if you don't cash out and get your money in a client where you have control of the private key, you won't be able to access the BCC that is connected to the original BTC.

So if you have a wallet with your own private key, once the split happens you will have the identical amount of both BTC and BCC where it splits off the chain.

If it's in someone else's control, you won't.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rogue.graphics

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 08:25:22 AM

Hey SWCPOKER,

I'm a rec player on your site and a bitcoin poker enthusiast. I also work as a graphic & web designer. I wanted to run something by you for your input. I previously made an alternative version of the swcpoker logo as a side project of mine in hopes that your team will consider putting it to use in the near future. I thought I'd freely share the updated version with you and the swcpoker community for a chance to make that happen. I'd be happy just to see it be of use. I'd appreciate any comments or feedback anyone might have, and would be happy to make revisions based on them. I've also added this version of the logo to the client lobby and table background to show how it would look.

Take a look at the previews here,

Album link: http://imgur.com/a/oyksP

Logo: https://i.imgur.com/LlbolhA.jpg
Table: https://i.imgur.com/rO6Cg3u.jpg
Lobby: https://i.imgur.com/IvQ03j4.jpg
RoKSeouljah420

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 12:17:02 PM

Hey SWCPOKER,

I'm a rec player on your site and a bitcoin poker enthusiast. I also work as a graphic & web designer. I wanted to run something by you for your input. I previously made an alternative version of the swcpoker logo as a side project of mine in hopes that your team will consider putting it to use in the near future. I thought I'd freely share the updated version with you and the swcpoker community for a chance to make that happen. I'd be happy just to see it be of use. I'd appreciate any comments or feedback anyone might have, and would be happy to make revisions based on them. I've also added this version of the logo to the client lobby and table background to show how it would look.

Take a look at the previews here,

Album link: http://imgur.com/a/oyksP

Logo:
Table:
Lobby:

As much as I like your work, they have a lot more pressing issues to address rather than some general graphics updates. They've mentioned that they're planning on rebuilding their client from the ground up, although after 2 years I've come to take anything SWC says with little to no seriousness, so maybe they'll consider using your logo for their new software.
rogue.graphics

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:21:03 PM

Ahh, I just read the post they made about rebuilding the client from the ground up. And I guess I won't hold my breath haha. It would still be cool if they decided to include it sometime. I just thought it'd be fun to share while I'm out on leave (I'm usually isolated on an airbase for about 5 weeks at a time). Also trying to update my portfolio a bit before I finish my military service. Anyways, thanks for the info, and for liking the design.
YepImNaked

Activity: 81

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 07:04:53 PM

That's actually a really nice design, rogue.graphics.  Nicely done!

- Naked
RoKSeouljah420

Activity: 101

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:07:21 PM

Ahh, I just read the post they made about rebuilding the client from the ground up. And I guess I won't hold my breath haha. It would still be cool if they decided to include it sometime. I just thought it'd be fun to share while I'm out on leave (I'm usually isolated on an airbase for about 5 weeks at a time). Also trying to update my portfolio a bit before I finish my military service. Anyways, thanks for the info, and for liking the design.

For sure, and thank you for your service.
YepImNaked

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 07:49:10 PM

With regards to client-side updates and security, we have decided to rebuild our clients from the ground up as opposed to improving our current offering. While the current PC client has stability issues on some platforms, there have been no security issues exposed.

The new clients we are building will provide a much improved player experience and will allow us to rebuild some of the features that many players remember from the past.

Not sure how I missed this post.  As long as we can still play all of the games, this sounds great!   Grin 

- Naked
sngwinner

Activity: 432
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 11:28:40 PM

I had an old account 4-5 years ago prior to the change in ownership and Micon drama. I'd like to reactivate my account if possible, but I'm a little worried that I no longer have access to the email. Is there someone I can talk with or a process I can go through to recover my account?  I'd like to play again, but I want to make sure I get credit for the krill on previous account.

Thanks

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
kookswc

Activity: 23

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 07:22:14 PM

Do you have an ETA for fixing the bug that's causing cash games to be overraked? If a player leaves the table before a hand is complete, that player's contribution to the pot disappears and goes to the house instead of to the winner, which is effectively overraking all cash tables (and depending on the stakes, sometimes by quite a lot) and giving players a disincentive to play ring games.

I appreciate that resources are being deployed to making the website multilingual, but I would like to see some of the more serious issues solved before new, superficial features are added. In the era of Google Translate, I doubt that the lack of a multilingual website is preventing non-English speaking players from using SWC. 

Is there any plan in place to compensate players that lost money as a result of being in overraked hands or an estimate of how many bitcoins have been diverted to the house as a result of this bug?

Thank you for the well written post.
We are deploying a fix to this bug with our next restart.
We had thought to have fixed this, but after a subsequent patch was applied it seems to have come back.
We will preform a full audit and deposit chips automatically to player accounts that were affected.
Note that this is a rare issue, as most players finish the hand while still active.

To Whom it May Concern:

It has been in excess of four months since SWC claims to have discovered the software bug that misappropriated player funds for the first 2+ years that the site was running.  Not only have SWC not yet refunded those chips, but also, they have not officially notified their player base that they took them in the first place.

Glitch has written a script that reviews user hand history and from that can determine the amount of chips that disappeared from pots, but he has not released it publicly.  After speaking with several high stakes ring players, it's become pretty clear that the amount due is very high.

Is SWC insolvent?  Would it bankrupt the site to repay stolen funds?  Some players have begun to boycott playing on SWC because of the issue.  Aside from tournaments and some micro stakes, nothing runs on the site at all anymore.

Several other software problems have come up over the years, most of which have never been corrected.  SWC seems to be a deliberately running itself into the ground.  Please reply in earnest to this message, SWC.  Your track record is one of timetables not met and promises not kept.  Is our money ever going to be refunded?

Yours truly,
Kook
mrcuzamano

Activity: 34

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 07:48:17 PM

I had an old account 4-5 years ago prior to the change in ownership and Micon drama. I'd like to reactivate my account if possible, but I'm a little worried that I no longer have access to the email. Is there someone I can talk with or a process I can go through to recover my account?  I'd like to play again, but I want to make sure I get credit for the krill on previous account.

Thanks

nope, you're probably fucked. I was signed up under a friend of mine who was receiving affiliate payments from my account since 2012, my friend has not used his account since then but the affiliate payments from me playing were going to his account. When I found this out recently and told my friend to contact swc to transfer the account over(which would at the very least have 10-20 bitcoins worth of affiliate payments) they told him they could not do it because it was too late.

On another note, your Krill isn't worth shit, they haven't had the krill freerolls for over a year and the site is basically dead. Keep your money off this scam of a site and let it die. This is not seals with clubs like it used to be, its run by even more incompetent anonymous owners than the old site and as kook stated above me they have yet to even publicly address the fact that there is a huge bug that lets the site steal money from players let alone repay those players( I'm sure I'm owed at least a coin from that alone)

It's unfortunate but that is the reality.
SwC_Poker

Activity: 816
Merit: 140

Official SwC Poker Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 02:43:23 PM

An update regarding concerns listed above, Bitcoin Cash, and future development

SwC Poker Client Development
We understand and agree client development has taken a long time. SwC Poker is run by a small but dedicated team. Our development resources are limited, but we are working steadily towards client software that will run on multiple platforms and provide a better playing experience than our current Windows only client.

Bitcoin Cash
We expect to announce a system to claim your Bitcoin Cash tokens within days. This has taxed our already limited development resources but we felt it was too much value to our players to ignore. Once the system is ready, we will announce so on this forum, on our website, and on our twitter account @swcpoker

Over-Raked and Under-Raked Pots
Some months ago we discovered a system bug where pots were both over-raked and under-raked. We will make no adjustment for under-raked pots and will fully refund over-raked pots. The bug happened rarely and did not affect many players. This process will include a full auditing of our hand history system and will be resource intensive. The scale of this issue was small, and will be addressed in due time.

YepImNaked

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 03:10:53 PM

Excellent, thank you for the update!  It's been a long time coming, but I am still looking forward to the new software.  Thank you for keeping us in the loop.

- Naked
assiusplay

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 03:17:51 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2017, 03:37:46 PM by assiusplay

I have looked into the issue myself and have found absolutely no wrongdoing, though I've found the administration to be veering from the normal protocols in a concerning fashion. This is simply not a crime.

This is not to say that other poker sites will not face disciplinary action under the same exact circumstances. With that said, I guarantee there is no bias nor special treatment going on here. This has nothing to do with SwC being a favorite site for many of the investigators involved. I were to speculate on the scale of the activity, which I don't like to, I would argue that I have given out enough chips to enough degens to entirely neutralise the problem.

rate me/BTC/

https://i.imgur.com/syCm08P.mp4
kookswc

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 07:05:01 PM

SwC Poker Client Development
We understand and agree client development has taken a long time. SwC Poker is run by a small but dedicated team. Our development resources are limited, but we are working steadily towards client software that will run on multiple platforms and provide a better playing experience than our current Windows only client.

Bitcoin Cash
We expect to announce a system to claim your Bitcoin Cash tokens within days. This has taxed our already limited development resources but we felt it was too much value to our players to ignore. Once the system is ready, we will announce so on this forum, on our website, and on our twitter account @swcpoker

Some months ago we discovered a system bug where pots were both over-raked and under-raked. We will make no adjustment for under-raked pots and will fully refund over-raked pots. The bug happened rarely and did not affect many players. This process will include a full auditing of our hand history system and will be resource intensive. The scale of this issue was small, and will be addressed in due time.

This is not really an update.  You have provided no new information whatsoever.

Since you brought up bitcoin cash, though, I trust you will be providing bitcoin cash tokens equivalent to the chips that were overraked as well.  After all, that is money that should have been in our accounts at the time the fork happened, and SWC did promise to split coins for all chips on deposit.

Yours truly,
Kook
SwC_Poker

Activity: 816
Merit: 140

Official SwC Poker Bitcointalk

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 09:16:36 PM

https://swcpoker.eu/swc-bitcoin-cash-distribution/

SwCPoker Bitcoin Cash Distribution

If you had a balance on SwCPoker at the time of the August 1st snapshot, you now have the ability to claim an equal amount of Bitcoin Cash (BCH). Please email bch@swcpoker.eu from the email address registered to your SwCPoker account. An automated response will give you further directions. Once you have submitted the proper information, your Bitcoin Cash will be sent within 48 hours.

Thank you for playing SwCPoker.
We have gone through great effort to make sure our players capture this value.

kookswc

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 10:43:26 PM

https://swcpoker.eu/swc-bitcoin-cash-distribution/

SwCPoker Bitcoin Cash Distribution

If you had a balance on SwCPoker at the time of the August 1st snapshot, you now have the ability to claim an equal amount of Bitcoin Cash (BCH). Please email bch@swcpoker.eu from the email address registered to your SwCPoker account. An automated response will give you further directions. Once you have submitted the proper information, your Bitcoin Cash will be sent within 48 hours.

Thank you for playing SwCPoker.
We have gone through great effort to make sure our players capture this value.

Right, but all of the players who are owed funds would have had a balance on SWC at the time of the August 1st snapshot if those chips hadn't disappeared into the site's coffers.  Your failure to reimburse those funds before the fork should not cost the players the ability to cash out the bitcoin cash equivalent to the chips that were taken.

Yours truly,
Kook
marlais

Activity: 142
Merit: 111

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 11:58:59 PM

I agree, this is not an adequate update. How do you know that this was a rare problem that was small in scale if you haven't run the numbers? Exactly how much money needs to go missing before SWC makes this a priority?

Part of the reason that players kept mum about this bug as long as they did is because some players were purposely exploiting the bug to screw over other players and it was assumed that more people would exploit it if the issue was widely known. You also faded a couple of kook's more important questions about the site's solvency.

I would like answers to the following questions:

1. Can you please specify when the bug was introduced and fixed both the first and second times? I have heard speculation that the bug was present since the inception of the current site, was initially fixed sometime in 2016, and then re-fixed in early April of 2017. However, it would be very helpful to know exactly which hands were affected by this bug. When the bug was discovered and fixed the first time, were the affected players reimbursed or even notified at that time? Why not?

2. Will SWC be releasing a script (the one that's already been written) to allow players to calculate what they are owed from their personal HHs? Some players already know what they're owed, while the rest of us have no idea. There are a few players that are writing scripts from scratch to find out, but it grinds my gears that you have a script already written that you are not making available to your players. If this is such a rare problem that did not affect many players, why are you being so cagey about telling people what they're owed or even letting them figure it out on their own? Wouldn't it be better for SWC to release an official script rather than have six different un-vetted versions floating around? This reminds me of when carlo88 had to write and distribute a script to fix your broken HHs because SWC devs never got around to it (they still haven't gotten around to it). Why are your players being forced to do the job of your developers?

3. Will you make HHs available to players from the relevant dates when the bug was active? I have heard that people have written to support asking for their HHs so they could make their own determination of how rare and insignificant this bug was only to have their requests denied. This makes me uncomfortable because it means that if players didn't notice that the default configuration on SWC is to not save your HHs, they will have no way to independently verify that they were repaid in full.

4. Can we have a better ETA than "in due time"? Your phrasing makes me think this is an issue you are currently devoting zero resources to. Are you sitting on this problem until the price of coin drops? I am frustrated that when you learned about the underraking bug from your players that you owe, the dev team was all over it in less than 12 hours, while you expect your players to give you indefinite-length interest-free loans for the amounts missing from their winnings. So, to quote kook:

5.  Is SWC insolvent?  Would it bankrupt the site to repay stolen funds? I see that the guarantees on the overkrills were lowered again a few days ago, while the rake caps and minimum withdrawals have remained unchanged. This, in addition to SWC cutting back every other player promotion on the site (leaderboard, high-krill krillrolls), makes me presume that the site is losing money. What happens when you're raking less than your overhead costs? Are you going to just turn off the servers when your BTC faucet runs dry, thus turning the bug into an exit scam?

Right now, I think that restoring your players' trust in the site's ability to spread fair games and repay players affected by software bugs in a timely manner should take precedence over any new feature development, including the new Windows client and BCH. If you need to take the site down for a week to perform the audit, do it. SWC has a serious credibility problem that isn't going to go away until people start seeing some actions backing up your promises and better communication in general. I can't recommend SWC as a trustworthy site and won't be playing raked games there until balances are made whole.

TL;DR: SWC hasn't reimbursed players for misappropriated funds for a minimum of 4 months, if not years. I don't recommend playing or keeping funds on SWC until they can account for the missing coins and pay back their players in full.
assiusplay

Activity: 14

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 01:12:11 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2017, 01:55:41 AM by assiusplay

Has anyone here received any form of higher education? That has to be the cringiest thing I've ever read, marlais ^

Just read it yourself. Think about some of your points. You walk back on your more inflammatory statements multiple times, and somehow you come to conclusion that site is not safe to keep funds on, without even a hint of technical evidence to back it up. I've never had a problem with my funds being lost on this site, and I trust that any actual issue of scale will come to surface on its own. Sigh

I literally cant. I'm so anxious and threatened right now.

Anyway I came here to say all this bullshit is just the result of people thinking they might have money floating around out there when BTC is at an all time high. I don't actually know what is going on, but as a player I'm willing to reject any form of compensation the site tries to provide me. Sorry the peasants feel the need to wield their pitchforks until BTC drops again, but I'm happy to run a car right through it  Huh Shocked Cool

I've been perfectly happy with the level of rake, even if miscalculated once in a while. Nobody here has yet to talk numbers, provide any analysis; it's just a few cunty long time players of the site trying to find something to do other than drink Smirnoff through a straw.

Shut the fuck up
marlais

Activity: 142
Merit: 111

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 02:34:34 AM
Last edit: August 13, 2017, 03:17:19 AM by marlais

In retrospect, I regret originally referring to this as an "overraking" bug.

As you can see from the below HH (player names removed), we aren't talking about pots being overraked by a few cents, we're talking about pots being shorted by an order of magnitude more than the correct rake. For example, this pot was raked 0.18 mBTC in addition to player4 being shorted 2.50 mBTC because player2 left before the hand was over. At current prices, this single hand was "overraked" by about $10 USD and they were "raking" close to 27%.

You will also note that the timestamp on this hand shows it was played a full 4 days after SWC said that the bug had been addressed in this thread, so either SWC didn't consider it important enough to restart the server for at least 4 days after they patched it or the bug still isn't fixed.

We are deploying a fix to this bug with our next restart.
We had thought to have fixed this, but after a subsequent patch was applied it seems to have come back.

Code:
Hand #15436219: Pot Limit Big O - 0.50/1
2017-04-06 09:40:37
Table 'Deep Giant 1' Seat 4 is the button
Seat 1: player1 (211.37)
Seat 4: player2 (310.19)
Seat 5: player3 (552.98)
Seat 6: player4 (135.85)
player3: posts the small blind 8960060
player4: posts the big blind 8960032
Dealt to player4: [7s Tc Jh Kd Ts]
player1 raises to 2.50
player2 calls 2.50
player3 calls 2.50
player4 calls 2.50
*** FLOP *** [6s 3c 6d]
player3 checks
player4 checks
player1 checks
player2 checks
*** TURN *** [6s 3c 6d] [9s]
player3 checks
player4 bets 4.87
player1 folds
player2 folds
player3 folds
player4 wins pot (7.32)
*** SUMMARY ***
Seat 1: player1 (208.87) -2.50
Seat 5: player3 (550.48) -2.50
Seat 6: player4 (140.67) +4.82
Rake 0.18

Here's another hand where the pot should have been 52.65 mBTC but only 29.25 mBTC was given to the winner. The pot was "overraked" by 23.4 mBTC (~$93 USD) and they're "raking" 44%.

Code:
Hand #14410052: Pot Limit Big O - 0.25/0.50
2017-01-29 06:09:24
Table 'Deep Monster' Seat 6 is the button
Seat 3: player1 (71.31)
Seat 4: player2 (133.26)
Seat 5: player3 (146.90)
Seat 6: player4 (99.16)
player1: posts the small blind 4701836
player2: posts the big blind 4701808
Dealt to player3: [4s 7c 6c 2d Qh]
player3 folds
player4 raises to 1.50
player1 calls 1.50
player2 raises to 6
player4 calls 6
player1 raises to 24
player2 folds
player4 calls 24
 FLOP  [3d Jd As]
player1 checks
player4 checks
 TURN  [3d Jd As] [8h]
player1 bets 47.31, and is all in
player4 folds
player1 wins pot (29.25)
 SUMMARY
Seat 3: player1 (76.56) +5.25
Seat 4: player2 (127.26) -6
Seat 5: player3 (146.90)
Rake 0.75
DarkDays
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1189

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 05:46:35 AM

5.  Is SWC insolvent?  Would it bankrupt the site to repay stolen funds? I see that the guarantees on the overkrills were lowered again a few days ago, while the rake caps and minimum withdrawals have remained unchanged. This, in addition to SWC cutting back every other player promotion on the site (leaderboard, high-krill krillrolls), makes me presume that the site is losing money. What happens when you're raking less than your overhead costs? Are you going to just turn off the servers when your BTC faucet runs dry, thus turning the bug into an exit scam?

They've publicly said that they haven't made a profit since they took over from Micon.  I wouldn't expect the stolen money to be returned to the players anytime soon, especially at the current price of bitcoin.  I wish all the affected players good luck.
Pages: « 1 ... 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 [151] 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 »
  Print  

Jump to: