Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:35:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: NYC residents are being robbed of their Bitcoin!  (Read 5902 times)
Beliathon

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 03:36:47 PM
Last edit: March 02, 2015, 04:30:32 PM by Beliathon

I'm guessing you think the police should handle things. Cops are great at carefully analyzing a crime scene. They will photograph and tag your body, odds are they will even catch your killer. Luckily you will not be alive and don't have to worry about  your concern of accidentally being shot. The police have a much worse record than CCW holders. About 11% of police shootings are wrongful and kill an innocent person. By comparison about 2% of shootings by citizens kill an innocent person.
Yeah, I can't argue that this isn't extremely fucked up. These two are just from the past month:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-0uqFTBclo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jhEY_NfXJU

Ok, I'm delusional. So says the guy who thinks he can win a gunfight without a gun.
There are no winners to be found in a gun fight, only survivors. One comes away alive and a murderer, possibly with PTSD and/or serious physical injuries, the other dies. Both lose a great deal.

All participants in violence have already forfeited their humanity. You're not delusional, you're deluded. Others have caused this affliction in you and you are not to blame for it.

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 03:47:32 PM

I know this may sound really, really terrible... but this a good sign hahaha (I'm really sorry for those parties involved though, seriously). People (thieves in this case) are treating it like currency, straight up.

It's not good in any case... of course some nutjob is going to try to kill you over Bitcoin because it has purchasing power, but theres nothing positive to get from this.
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 03:57:55 PM

I'm guessing you think the police should handle things. Cops are great at carefully analyzing a crime scene. They will photograph and tag your body, odds are they will even catch your killer. Luckily you will not be alive and don't have to worry about  your concern of accidentally being shot. The police have a much worse record than CCW holders. About 11% of police shootings are wrongful and kill an innocent person. By comparison about 2% of shootings by citizens kill an innocent person.
Yeah, I can't argue this is extremely fucked up. These two are just from the past month:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-0uqFTBclo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jhEY_NfXJU
That is messed up. It's scary how militarized our police are becoming. Why not start by talking to the guy and deescalating?
Ok, I'm delusional. So says the guy who thinks he can win a gunfight without a gun.
There are no winners to be found in a gun fight. One comes away alive and a murderer, possibly with PTSD and/or serious physical injuries, the other dies. Both lose a great deal.

All participants in violence have already forfeited their humanity.
Sometimes being humane means putting the lives of good people over the life of a criminal. But as you mention it is good for nobody involved. Not only may the shooter have a hard time dealing with the mental strain of having killed someone, they will be financially ruined. That is why I am licensed to pull my weapon ONLY if someone is about to kill me or someone in my immediate presence. Anything else is a crime. I can't stop a crook from stealing or even a pedophile from raping a child in right front of me. The allowed use of a gun is extremely narrow in the law. Those of us who are willing to take on the responsibility of CCW are not the violent cowboys you think we are. I deplore violence and think it is used far to much in our society. I think it's sick how we entertain ourselves by watching the voyeuristic drama of people hurting each other. I'm a liberal who likes NPR and the arts. But none of my high minded philosophy will mean anything if faced with a life-threatening situation. I ask for nothing more than to exercise my right to defend myself in the highly unlikely event that someone id trying to kill me. I'm not going for Batman here.  Smiley

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 04:24:13 PM

Ok, I'm delusional. So says the guy who thinks he can win a gunfight without a gun.  Roll Eyes

There are many circumstances where I would rather have a knife than a gun, especially within 10 feet of the target.

One of these is a good option for personal defense if you are trained:

http://www.theultimateknife.com/599-fox-karambit-black-g10-fighting-knife-emerson-wave-size-m-xl/
http://www.theultimateknife.com/fox-dart-tanto-karambit-black-g10-fighting-knife-emerson-wave-size-m-xl/

I would recommend every family to arm themselves with at least a 12 gauge shotgun.

This is also a really good project to support to arm more individuals with unserialized AR-15s :
https://ghostgunner.net

Any arguments with gun control advocates is pointless to make as they live in a delusional world not represented by facts, will claim "correlation does not equal causation" for inconvenient facts that don't support their agenda and don't apply the same principles to their own "facts" , and simply don't have any practical solutions to solve gun violence when faced with the fact that I can make a gun for 20 dollars in my garage.

I would like to hear of any practical solutions to control gun ownership that doesn't involve supporting the gun ownership disparity with a trained group of dangerous psychopaths.

Beliathon

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 04:29:03 PM

Sometimes being humane means putting the lives of good people over the life of a criminal.
"Your Honor, years ago I recognized my kinship with all living beings, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on earth. I said then, and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free."
-E. V. Debs, Statement to the Court, September 18, 1918

Remember Aaron Swartz, a 26 year old computer scientist who died defending the free flow of information.
lucullus

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 05:15:52 PM

I saw this on facebook
RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 05:16:44 PM

Sometimes being humane means putting the lives of good people over the life of a criminal.
"Your Honor, years ago I recognized my kinship with all living beings, and I made up my mind that I was not one bit better than the meanest on earth. I said then, and I say now, that while there is a lower class, I am in it, and while there is a criminal element I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free."
-E. V. Debs, Statement to the Court, September 18, 1918
It's a grand sentiment to place all people on equal footing. I totally agree that is where we should start. But the guy in the quote above fails to recognize that in history there has never been a time free of criminals and there will always be people in jail. I'm not sure what he thinks should be done with the many violent criminals who are in jail now. Let them out? Think he'll be free then?

Real criminals step outside of society for their own gain at our expense. They steal what you worked for and take what they want. I am NOT "of it". They made a choice to be criminals and that's cool. But no crybaby crap when they forfeit their freedom or get blown away. Life is about choices and dealing with the results. Don't want to get shot by me? Easy, don't decide to kill me.

Beliathon

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2015, 05:37:31 PM

It's a grand sentiment to place all people on equal footing. I totally agree that is where we should start. But the guy in the quote above fails to recognize that in history there has never been a time free of criminals.
Here you reveal the limits of your historical vision. Of course there was a time before criminals, there was a time before history, and we call it pre-history. 500,000 years of simple existence in harmony with nature.
Just as there was a time before criminals, capitalism, and inequality, there will be a time after these things as well. We are a species in our social infancy, having just awoken from the long sleep of pre-reasoned society.

Real criminals step outside of society for their own gain at our expense. They steal what you worked for and take what they want.
I find it offensive that you lump all criminals together as a malignant monolith. I'd argue that many criminals are just trying to survive the best/only way they know how, with no intention of hurting anyone. It would be just as unfair for me to lump all capitalists together as sociopathic parasites, when in reality it's only the vast majority of highly "successful" capitalists that are sociopathic parasites.

It's revealing that you believe your society is so wholesome that only evil or insane people would choose to step outside of it. You must be very privileged indeed, to think that is reality.

dsly

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 06:04:53 PM

I know this may sound really, really terrible... but this a good sign hahaha (I'm really sorry for those parties involved though, seriously). People (thieves in this case) are treating it like currency, straight up.

This is not a good sign in anyway . For example even the ISIS is asking for ransoms in bitcoins, and that is getting it in the bad books.

RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 06:25:26 PM

It's a grand sentiment to place all people on equal footing. I totally agree that is where we should start. But the guy in the quote above fails to recognize that in history there has never been a time free of criminals.
Here you reveal the limits of your historical vision. Of course there was a time before criminals, there was a time before history, and we call it pre-history. 500,000 years of simple existence in harmony with nature.
Just as there was a time before criminals, capitalism, and inequality, there will be a time after these things as well. We are a species in our social infancy, having just awoken from the long sleep of pre-reasoned society.
What does that mean? Or have to do with people who rob, steal, and kill? Cavemen were not free from punishment either. I don't know what sentence you would get for hurting a member of your clan, but it would surely involve violence.

Real criminals step outside of society for their own gain at our expense. They steal what you worked for and take what they want.
I find it offensive that you lump all criminals together as a malignant monolith. I'd argue that many criminals are just trying to survive the best/only way they know how, with no intention of hurting anyone. It would be just as unfair for me to lump all capitalists together as sociopathic parasites, when in reality it's only the vast majority of highly "successful" capitalists that are sociopathic parasites.

It's revealing that you believe your society is so wholesome that only evil or insane people would choose to step outside of it. You must be very privileged indeed, to think that is reality.
I said "real criminals" because i assumed you would try bringing in the irreverent point that some criminals are not bad guys. Have you seen the inside of a prison, I have. Guess what, they ALL say they are just "victims of the system". Poor crooks they HAD to beat that old lady to death because... the system made them. They should be rewarded with a cookie.
B.S. Do the crime - do the time.
I think you will remain willfully ignorant no matter what I say.  You seem to think without the police violent crime would go away. Or that it is unreasonable to defend yourself because there is no such thing as murder. Fortunately my entire country agrees with me and I can carry most anywhere.

Best of luck and I sincerely hope that you never encounter the violent criminal element that lives near you. If you do, try complying I guess? Let them finish raping your family then try making them some tea to get on their good side. With some luck maybe they wont kill you.

inBitweTrust

Activity: 658
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 06:34:40 PM

Best of luck and I sincerely hope that you never encounter the violent criminal element that lives near you. If you do, try complying I guess? Let them finish raping your family then try making them some tea to get on their good side. With some luck maybe they wont kill you.

Yes.

Even if you trusted the police, the average response time for them to arrive and assist a victim far exceeds the time frame of theft, rape , or murder. In the Us the supreme court has decided that police officers have no legal obligation to prevent a crime in progress even when on duty... they can stand by and laugh or watch it all happen in cowardice.

The sooner one realizes this the sooner one realizes that one ultimately has to take steps to protect oneself, family and lastly community. This is not done through faith or by empowering a bunch of dangerous thugs/gangsters either but by being a responsible member of the community.

This doesn't mean that one needs to only rely on weapons for security and I would first advise one to take other precautionary steps before getting a weapon if they are on a budget.

Interesting video that shows how gun control advocates really don't have any realistic solutions and clear arguments:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6USouHCdmyo

Beliathon

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 03:21:35 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2015, 03:45:41 AM by Beliathon

I think you will remain willfully ignorant no matter what I say.  You seem to think without the police violent crime would go away.
Don't be absurd. A capitalist society with no police would mean no government, so dominated by two or three megacorporations in true neo-fascist nightmare world style.

I believe an egalitarian post capitalism non-economy would make possible for our species the permanent transcension of violence, within a few generations of the "post-capitalism moment".

Or that it is unreasonable to defend yourself because there is no such thing as murder.
In 2015 there are dozens of effective non-lethal means of defending oneself. Tranq guns, pepperspray, foam spray guns, handheld tazers, projectile tazers (!), super high-powered flashlights to name a few. To say nothing of taking the time to learn proper martial arts self-defense. There are many martial artists and military personnel that can disarm a gunman in seconds given the right opportunity. But if you refuse to take the time to learn these life-saving skills and instead opt for the easy and relatively cheap solution.

Buy a handgun. God forbid 'muricans would get off their fat asses and do some exercise, right? Do you place such a low value on human life that you bypass all these perfectly viable, safer methods of self-defense and go straight for maximum lethal force? Guns are for two kinds of people, the lazy and those who callously disregard the priceless nature of human life. Be honest with yourself, what would your beloved Jesus Christ think of that?

More guns makes everyone less safe overall, same is true of more cars and more fast food restaurants. We have more of all three because they are very profitable industries, and in capitalism profit always finds a way to be made, just as information finds a way to be free.

Bralex

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 03:37:01 AM

If you sell Bitcoin to individuals in person, be very careful! People are being mugged for their Bitcoin at gunpoint. http://observer.com/2015/02/bitcoin-crime-wave-breaks-out-in-nyc/

If you sold gold the same would happen as it would with anything that has value for scumbags to make the cash for their next fix, the trick is knowing this to begin with then making rules which you never brake even if the deal is good for the cash flow because what is good for the cash flow may not be so good for the blood flow  Roll Eyes Rule number one 'trust no one' public place at all times maybe stake out before sitting down in the coffee shop, i dunno just be smart when dealing with 'anything' of value.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 03:52:23 AM
Last edit: March 03, 2015, 04:04:33 AM by TheButterZone

NYC is a criminals' utopia where the only "civilians" who can carry effective self-defense tools are criminals and the 1% bribers. Meet in a courthouse past armed LEOs, metal detectors, and X-ray machines, and you probably won't get robbed in there. On the way to or fro though...

Oh, and 1) most GSW are survivable, according to mortality rates and 2) most defensive gun uses don't require any shot(s) to be fired to stop the criminal, so fuck the "guns are only for killing" categorical BULLSHIT.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Beliathon

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 04:02:27 AM

Oh, and 1) most GSW are survivable, according to mortality rates and 2) most defensive gun uses don't require any shot(s) to be fired to stop the criminal, so fuck the "guns are only for killing" categorical BULLSHIT.
Only true in open-carry situations which basically means NO major US cities where more and more of the population is crowding.

TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 04:17:16 AM

Only true in open-carry situations which basically means NO major US cities where more and more of the population is crowding.

BS, but a Devil's Advocate knows that.

Open carry (merely having a holstered or slung gun constantly exposed in public and not gripping it) is not a defensive gun USE. It can be a passive deterrent - if the criminal sees it. But some don't assess their surroundings well enough. If they do see it, the self-preservation instinct less than 1% of humans lack, will cause criminals to seek a softer target or target area.

Brandishing (gripping your gun, while pointed in any direction) is not "open carry". It can be deemed a crime if you grip it as an aggressor and not a defender.

The most common defensive gun use, drawing your pistol from its holster or bringing a slung long gun to bear (as you are about to fire to stop an immediate threat of death of great bodily injury) is not "open carry".

The least common defensive gun use, actually firing that gun when the criminal does not immediately stop their threat, is not "open carry".

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Beliathon

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 04:20:21 AM

Brandishing (gripping your gun, while pointed in any direction) is not "open carry". It can be deemed a crime if you grip it as an aggressor and not a defender.
This tends to end with tragedy in our major cities. Haven't you been paying attention?

TheButterZone
Legendary

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 04:22:16 AM

This tends to end with tragedy in our major cities. Haven't you been paying attention?

This is my primary field of study. Non-anecdotal citations, please!

RodeoX
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 05:24:59 PM

I think you will remain willfully ignorant no matter what I say.  You seem to think without the police violent crime would go away.
Don't be absurd. A capitalist society with no police would mean no government, so dominated by two or three megacorporations in true neo-fascist nightmare world style.
I agree. And the first order of business by any corptocracy would be to disarm the population.
I believe an egalitarian post capitalism non-economy would make possible for our species the permanent transcension of violence, within a few generations of the "post-capitalism moment".
I am with you. I would love for us all to transcend violence. Now you and I just have to convince every other person to not be a violent criminal. It's a tall order.
Or that it is unreasonable to defend yourself because there is no such thing as murder.
In 2015 there are dozens of effective non-lethal means of defending oneself. Tranq guns, pepperspray, foam spray guns, handheld tazers, projectile tazers (!), super high-powered flashlights to name a few. To say nothing of taking the time to learn proper martial arts self-defense. There are many martial artists and military personnel that can disarm a gunman in seconds given the right opportunity. But if you refuse to take the time to learn these life-saving skills and instead opt for the easy and relatively cheap solution.
I am also licensed to carry knives, chemicals, tazers, etc. But they are mostly ineffective and utterly useless in a gunfight. Despite what you have heard about martial artists and soldiers knowing how to disarm a gunman, that is not real. It may be taught but it is about 1% effective and is for absolute dire last hope fighting. I took Matsubayashi-ryū twice a week for 7 years. What I learned is that you need a gun. I challenge anyone to disarm me before I can yell bang with a toy gun. Too many movies..
Buy a handgun. God forbid 'muricans would get off their fat asses and do some exercise, right? Do you place such a low value on human life that you bypass all these perfectly viable, safer methods of self-defense and go straight for maximum lethal force? Guns are for two kinds of people, the lazy and those who callously disregard the priceless nature of human life. Be honest with yourself, what would your beloved Jesus Christ think of that?
I go for maximum force because I can only legally pull my gun when my life is in immediate danger. I'm not pulling it to threaten or hold them off. If my gun comes out, they are going to die. I'll save my black belt for a purse snatcher. Also, as i side note. I'm a devout Atheist. Although I like the message Jesus had.
More guns makes everyone less safe overall, same is true of more cars and more fast food restaurants. We have more of all three because they are very profitable industries, and in capitalism profit always finds a way to be made, just as information finds a way to be free.
Back in the early 90's I was in Croatia. I saw there that more guns meant safer conditions. It was not until the Serbs had to fight armed people that the violence came to an end.
Believe it or not I think your aspirations for peace are admirable. If the world were made of people like you we would all be a lot safer. But I grew up the son of an FBI man. I got to see the other side of society. The places where the monsters live and my Dad taught me that we don't run from criminals, we make them run from us.

Alexis

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 10:28:12 AM

I might have to re-think selling on localbitcoins.
Although I never really hold much bitcoin on my phone.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: