Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:13:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Help me invest 50btc?  (Read 4695 times)
Get_Money (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 03:42:03 AM

So I recently came into about 13k worth of BTC and would like to put it to work for me as opposed to just holding it. I figure why not hold it and have it work in the meantime through a p2p loan or other low risk semi short term investment.

I'm aware that any investment is a calculated gamble and the fact of using btc for it could complicate it further because of a few factors.

Basically I'm asking if you had 50btc sitting around how would you grow it aside from trying to day trade?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 03:48:10 AM

If it were me I don't think I could bring myself to 'invest' in anything. The track record for investments is utterly wretched. The BTC space is just too sketchy, scammy and fragile to risk it. The successful investments are very few and far between.

Lots of people will suggest gambling it or lending it out to anonymous people. If this was a dollar forum and someone said 'Hey, I have $13,000. What should I do with it?' and the main advice was gamble it or lend it to some guy who might have a facebook account that might be real on a website that's run by an 11 year old, you wouldn't be too impressed.
WEBcreator

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 03:50:35 AM

So I recently came into about 13k worth of BTC and would like to put it to work for me as opposed to just holding it. I figure why not hold it and have it work in the meantime through a p2p loan or other low risk semi short term investment.

I'm aware that any investment is a calculated gamble and the fact of using btc for it could complicate it further because of a few factors.

Basically I'm asking if you had 50btc sitting around how would you grow it aside from trying to day trade?

id suggest to try out btcjam as p2p lending, but still there is a risk to everything we do, but atleast it is better than sitting around because btc is declining every seconds now  Undecided Undecided

███████▄▄        █████████████████
███████████▄     █████████████████
█████████████▄   █████████████████
██████████████▄  █████████████████
███████████████▄ ████████████████
████████████████ ████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
███████████████████████████▀▀
███████████████████████▀▀
███████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████▄
███████████████▀ ████████████████
██████████████▀  █████████████████
█████████████▀   █████████████████
███████████▀     █████████████████
███████▀▀        █████████████████
  Dbrain  ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

[

]
  ●  FACEBOOK
●    TWITTER 
●  TELEGRAM
BumbleBeeTC

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 04:00:46 AM

Here is my advice:

First off, investing is a huge area. Asking to invest it means anything to spend it, in return to get more. Let me start with, don't listen to pepople telling you to invest in a dice site. Don't listen to people telling to gamble, or loan. In the end, and when odds meet ends, these don't work out. Dice sites won't make much unless you invest your life savings as a 50 year old, or you bought in very low. The best things to invest in, is yourself. Business is the keyword. Use this BTC to fund your own projects. I am saying this from experience. This way, you make 100% of your profits, and you can use your mind to open up to new things. Think outside the box from what anybody else would invest in. Think of a good idea, and execut it properly. Bitcoin is new, and there are tons of areas that still need developed, and small things that could be of great use to everybody.

I am not going to share many of my ideas here. If you want to talk to me outside on a place like Skype or AIM, just give me your username and I can explain everything to you.
Get_Money (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 04:06:07 AM

I have been looking at btcjam but all the loans are unsecured right? Even with verified PayPal etc it could very well be stolen identities or the such and simply run off. You diversify to hedge your risks but it seems too likely that you're loaning to a criminal.

I'm not going to gamble with it as it came from gambling to begin with and my luck couldn't be that good lol.

That's the thing, I have no projects or small business ideas and would like to keep it in btc no matter what I do with it since I am in for the long game.
WEBcreator

Activity: 840

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 04:24:03 AM

I have been looking at btcjam but all the loans are unsecured right? Even with verified PayPal etc it could very well be stolen identities or the such and simply run off. You diversify to hedge your risks but it seems too likely that you're loaning to a criminal.

I'm not going to gamble with it as it came from gambling to begin with and my luck couldn't be that good lol.

That's the thing, I have no projects or small business ideas and would like to keep it in btc no matter what I do with it since I am in for the long game.

indeed, as i said there is risk to everything, there is some secured loan there, if you already in there for a long time then you can easily spot which is a scammer which is trustworthy, but still it is not very secured, the ke is to diversify

███████▄▄        █████████████████
███████████▄     █████████████████
█████████████▄   █████████████████
██████████████▄  █████████████████
███████████████▄ ████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
███████████████████████████▀▀
███████████████████████▀▀
███████████████████████▄▄
███████████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████████▄
███████████████▀ ████████████████
██████████████▀  █████████████████
█████████████▀   █████████████████
███████████▀     █████████████████
███████▀▀        █████████████████
  Dbrain  ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

[

]
  ●  FACEBOOK
●    TWITTER 
●  TELEGRAM
Get_Money (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 04:35:18 AM

I just meant I'm long on btc. I expect to see a stable $350 in a few months so no matter what I want to keep it in btc and not fiat.
Madness

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 06:24:10 AM

Easiest thing to do now is to become a loaner on BTCJam and give people money then get interesst at the end . or simply do it here on the Lending section , it's up to you . (make sure to use an escrow)

~ Madness

Get_Money (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 06:52:11 AM

Yeah so it seems. Unless I want to venture out and build a website or very small business startup but a huge number of new businesses never make it so it's still a gamble there.
Madness

Activity: 644

My goal is becaming a billionaire.

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2015, 06:58:55 AM

Yeah so it seems. Unless I want to venture out and build a website or very small business startup but a huge number of new businesses never make it so it's still a gamble there.

Or that too , you can startup by that little amount to build a Betting or Gambling website .
Also you can open a faucet website which can be very profitable with the amount you have , simply place ads and try to get the highest traffic by offering the highest payout of faucets out there . (You should make the users disable their Adblocks tho)

~ Madness

Bitcoin Explorer

Activity: 854

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 07:24:55 AM

Or that too , you can startup by that little amount to build a Betting or Gambling website .
Also you can open a faucet website which can be very profitable with the amount you have , simply place ads and try to get the highest traffic by offering the highest payout of faucets out there . (You should make the users disable their Adblocks tho)

~ Madness
this aricle by labnol might be helpful because you can display alternative content.
Also, to the OP, please dont consider investment into clod mining and other stuff. Instead start something on your own, such as a tool for the bitcoin ecosystem, etc.
You should also consider safely securing your funds in cold storage

Feri22

Activity: 748

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 10:13:58 AM

id suggest to try out btcjam as p2p lending, but still there is a risk to everything we do, but atleast it is better than sitting around because btc is declining every seconds now  Undecided Undecided

I would really not suggest btcjam...i lost 5btc there...the scam was from verified user, great score etc...it's mostly ponzi schemes there...they pay back until they don't...And the worst part, the support of btcjam was not even reacting on my emails and in online chat the guy from support didn't give a damn about it...so...please don't recommend something without deeper knowledge
MEPHuk

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 10:33:14 AM

If i had 50 btc, i'd invest 2-3 btc in cryptsy shares, see how they faired after a week or 2 (dividen payments) then buy more. Put some btc aside for trading, and hold some (10 btc for cryptsy share, 20 for holding, 20 for trading)

ed_teech

Activity: 508

Jahaha

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 10:59:51 AM

I suggest you fund your own Bitcoin business. As a matter of fact, check your PM, I may be of help.

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

Come original.

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 12:17:22 PM

I'd let it sit around. Lending money to people isn't worth the risk. Hold it and you'll very likely see gains. Plus, we could see a spike anytime and if that happens and you don't have access to any coins at that particular moment you cannot profit from it.
waterpile

Activity: 602

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 12:25:03 PM

btcjam is still risky their are scammers their with fake identities..
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 01:01:19 PM

the problem of not want to hold those btc, is that investment is risky , all of them, you could lose a portion of it or all of them, better to hold and wait for the price to rise

one could argue that even holding is risky because of the nature of btc, it could go to zero or something and make your capital worthless...

in the end everything is a gamble
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 03:24:12 PM

Its a pretty tough question, since every form of earning comes with a certain risk. What i can tell you is not to touch altcoins, as you will probably loose portion of value because its crazy there. Never gamble also.
Some well backed loans would be a much better option, but dont reach out with more than 20-30 % of your holdings.

cheers
687_2

Activity: 173
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 03:37:29 PM

I would either a) just sit on it or b) use it to create a tiny startup company that somehow takes/pays in BTC. Maybe create your own gambling site or Brawker or something - I know one thing that is sorely needed is a complete POS system with integrated accounting/inventory management for Bitcoin.

Buy the dip with the security and privacy of your own wallet: use cross chain atomic swaps to trade Bitcoin, USDT, and Ether. Trades are secured and settled on-chain. https://sibex.io
AtheistAKASaneBrain

Activity: 770
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 21, 2015, 04:01:38 PM

Easiest thing to do now is to become a loaner on BTCJam and give people money then get interesst at the end . or simply do it here on the Lending section , it's up to you . (make sure to use an escrow)

~ Madness
Im not sure about BTCJam's regulation level. Unless it is highy regulated and secure im not putting any money since its a matter of time they get "hacker" just like every other company.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: