Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 03:03:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][OMC] Omnicoin | Official Cryptocurrency of MyBB Communities | 1 YEAR OLD  (Read 22718 times)
llluminati

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 07:31:44 AM

Omnicoin has a huge potential, tons of people are using it and it's had nothing but success from the beginning.
This could very well be the next biggest coin.
I hope to see this coin added to more currency-exchanging websites.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HashG

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 03:08:03 PM

I think OMC is very promising. I'm mining a lot, and will investing in a miner@5Mh/s soon.
JohnnyBTCSeed

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 03:24:20 PM

So this has nothing todo with the renamed mastercoin project then? Which is also calling itself omni
Abe Lincoln

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 08:29:27 PM

So this has nothing todo with the renamed mastercoin project then? Which is also calling itself omni

No, we're not related to MasterCoin at all.
hopped

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 09:52:16 PM

Have been mining this coin since it was launched , it has done really well and is still imprroving with the backing of a whole forum community behind it. I also like all the little extras it has going for it like buying products and just everyday members coming up with games,sites,explorers,online wallets and also certain forum upgrades can only be purchased with this.
bRedE4me

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 02, 2015, 10:43:09 PM

I see a really steady price for the past few months with a really nice price bump the past couple months. Also daily activity is reasonable especially for a coin that only has one very small exchange. 
MeshCollider (OP)

Activity: 78
Merit: 12

Bitcoin Core wallet maintainer

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2015, 07:54:16 AM

Omnicoin has a huge potential, tons of people are using it and it's had nothing but success from the beginning.

Jesus.

This coin can only get bigger, it's got a brilliant development team behind it.
how do you know that ? the dev team is anonymous right ?

What do you mean by anonymous?

All the devs are active in the community and publicly communicate with other users on a regular basis.

Well not everyone. Consider Ethereum for an example.
But yeas most are anonymous.

None of the team are anonymous, and I have never heard of this Ethereum. All developers can be found on the wiki I linked to in the OP

Good to know you're disconnected and unaware of what is happening in crypto.

Ethereum is not a developer of Omnicoin, and is not associated with the team or the coin in any way (unless that is an alias of a team member, which I have not heard of).
Perhaps you are referring to Ethereum not as a person, but are referring to the new cryptocurreny/application platform, but in that case you worded your reply terribly, and were not clear.

In this thread we are discussing Omnicoin specifically, not generalizing about the anonymity of developers of other coins.

github.com/meshcollider || PGP:
CA03 882C B1FC 067B 5D3A CFE4 D300 116E 1C87 5A3D
Aceman

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 04:54:24 PM

Jesus.

This coin can only get bigger, it's got a brilliant development team behind it.
how do you know that ? the dev team is anonymous right ?

What do you mean by anonymous?

All the devs are active in the community and publicly communicate with other users on a regular basis.

Well not everyone. Consider Ethereum for an example.
But yeas most are anonymous.

None of the team are anonymous, and I have never heard of this Ethereum. All developers can be found on the wiki I linked to in the OP

Good to know you're disconnected and unaware of what is happening in crypto.

Ethereum is not a developer of Omnicoin, and is not associated with the team or the coin in any way (unless that is an alias of a team member, which I have not heard of).
Perhaps you are referring to Ethereum not as a person, but are referring to the new cryptocurreny/application platform, but in that case you worded your reply terribly, and were not clear.

In this thread we are discussing Omnicoin specifically, not generalizing about the anonymity of developers of other coins.

Please take a look at who brought up Ethereum before attacking me. Thanks.

---

I haven't followed up with OMC in a while. How was the 51% dealt with?
The blockchain was rolled back. AllCrypt then received the appropriate amount of OMC back and restored the OMC balance of those who had lost (or gained) any coins because of it. The only thing that was lost from that attack is the 2 BTC that was put up in buy orders.
ExileGL

View Profile
March 03, 2015, 06:35:22 PM

I have been mining and trading Omnicoins since the beginning, and this entire time
has been great. The devs are dedicated to fixing issues and making sure the coin is ready before
bringing it beyond HF, and they have certainly done a great job at it.

The coin has been improving since it has started, and I still have great faith in it.
I'm going to continue hoarding coins as I have been, and am working on a faucet to help
some of the coin's new users get into the coin. All of the faucets and Omnicoin based games coming up recently
are because this coin has pretty great community support, being the official cryptocurrency of a pretty large board.

Going to continue being involved as I can in this coin as I have been
since it started.
bRedE4me

Activity: 16

View Profile
March 04, 2015, 10:57:50 PM

How often does Cryptsy add new coins from their Coinvotes page? 

Omnicoin is 5th but just looking at the coins above them most are pump and dumps and have no real popularity.  The exception might be Monero.

#1 Ambercoin - Not even a month old. Market cap has plummeted.
#2 NakamotoDark -2 1/2 months old and has a smaller market cap than OMC.
#3 Monero - Aged coin with some decent activity. Should be listed probably.
#4 Global Coin Reserve (GCR) - Obvious pump and dump. No value.
#5 Omnicoin - The oldest of the top 5 voted coins with no only decent marketcap but also a rising value and activity.

So why doesn't Cryptsy just get it done and list OMC? It's the prefered exchange for them to be listed with.  They aren't even trying to get on other exchanges.

They already have over $500 worth of votes at Cryptsy too.  Seems a high price just to get listed.
MNWKA

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 01:18:49 AM

I absolutely love using this coin, one of my personal favorites! hopefully it grows into something bigger!
dumby002

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 07:57:44 AM

This coin is solid and has been around for over a year. It's been growing steadily and has a huge community backing it.
Aceman

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 05, 2015, 05:34:49 PM

Hmm is there anywhere that explains exactly how Cryptsy chooses the coins to add to their exchange?
hopped

Activity: 188
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 06, 2015, 12:13:51 AM

Hmm is there anywhere that explains exactly how Cryptsy chooses the coins to add to their exchange?

They choose using a combination of criteria gatherd like community following , how many votes from individuals and also purchased votes (if 1 person buys 10,000 votes they would read it as an individual) they tend to go with coins if voted that have the highest individual votes over a purchased. I only know these details off asking they probably have other hidden requirements that they don't want people to know.
lihaidong198871

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2015, 03:58:17 PM

Any more exchanges and plans now ?
Just Magicmann

Activity: 377
Merit: 250

https://keybase.io/magicmann

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 05:34:36 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2015, 02:39:48 AM by Just Magicmann

As someone who has been involved in Omnicoin since the very beginning, I think it's fantastic to finally be spreading the name beyond our already large forum.

Don't deal with me until I verify with Keybase.io.
Abe Lincoln

View Profile
March 11, 2015, 07:00:37 AM

AllCrypt.com, our only current exchange, is shutting down (no surprise). If Crytpsy doesn't add us, we're most likely going to go for either AllCoin.com or take up Poloniex.com on their offer.
MeshCollider (OP)

Activity: 78
Merit: 12

Bitcoin Core wallet maintainer

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2015, 07:59:00 PM

AllCrypt.com, our only current exchange, is shutting down (no surprise). If Crytpsy doesn't add us, we're most likely going to go for either AllCoin.com or take up Poloniex.com on their offer.

Yes, and I have already contacted Allcoin about Omnicoin and am awaiting a reply.

github.com/meshcollider || PGP:
CA03 882C B1FC 067B 5D3A CFE4 D300 116E 1C87 5A3D
Jocuserious

Activity: 1935
Merit: 290

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2015, 01:48:02 AM

Bittrex has you now...
ewakr

Activity: 8

View Profile